• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:48
CEST 21:48
KST 04:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8858 users

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 771 Next
No, this is not a joke/trolling thread. We don't need more filler posts asking if it is.

Remember to spoiler season 6 content, and clearly label your spoilers.
Perihelion
Profile Joined April 2011
82 Posts
August 16 2011 01:34 GMT
#621
On August 16 2011 10:17 Chairman Ray wrote:
I have a friend who doesn't like Fluttershy. Should I punch her?



Just give her The Stare.
ThatBronyGuy
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States169 Posts
August 16 2011 02:28 GMT
#622
I was incredibly surprised to log onto TL today and find that the lead post was for My Little Pony. Didn't expect that in the slightest. But it's definitely made TL 20% cooler in my opinion =D.

Anyway, I feel very similar to how people are reacting to the wait for season 2. Between equestria daily and the amount of media that the fandom is putting out, it's almost enough to make the wait bearable, but it's just so exciting to see what the studio will do with the next season. Here's hoping for the best.

Two side notes: ThatBronyGuy code: 834 *Brohoof*

And an awesome song made by the community:

Wargizmo
Profile Joined March 2010
1237 Posts
August 16 2011 03:30 GMT
#623
On August 16 2011 10:14 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 10:00 Wargizmo wrote:

Today, after watching this show, I'm regretted to admit that I've reached that point in life where I have no fucking clue about the youth of today. I simply don't get how anyone other than little girls could find this in any way entertaining.

I'm still holding out hope that this is some form of elaborate troll. if not I guess I have officially become an old man.

Which episodes did you watch? Its fine to not understand, I for example can't understand why people like paranormal activity for example, taste is a very personal thing.


I just watched the recommended one on the front page. I mean it's not horrible and the animation is pretty decent but after the hype from the first post and others I was just expecting something more than a typical kids show. Sure it's a well made kids show but I guess I was expecting something more.

Then again I never really saw the appeal of Spongebob either, except to stoners. Maybe you have to be on drugs or something to appreciate it.
Chibithor
Profile Joined April 2011
Brazil514 Posts
August 16 2011 03:30 GMT
#624
On August 16 2011 06:04 Yung wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 05:56 Crushgroove wrote:
On August 13 2011 02:12 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
...........


.........
...........


Is this Underwater Basket Weaving all over again or something?



Just became Jinro's number one fan.

Thats not a big feat anymore,
Trolling aside This is one of my favorite songs


This is by far my favorite fanmade song. Anyone else got particular favorites?
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
August 16 2011 03:59 GMT
#625
On August 16 2011 12:30 Chibithor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 06:04 Yung wrote:
On August 16 2011 05:56 Crushgroove wrote:
On August 13 2011 02:12 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
...........


.........
...........


Is this Underwater Basket Weaving all over again or something?



Just became Jinro's number one fan.

Thats not a big feat anymore,
Trolling aside This is one of my favorite songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUdy8-AB2gk&feature=channel_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSLvjfrxynA
This is by far my favorite fanmade song. Anyone else got particular favorites?

If we are talking which do I like musically:
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
August 16 2011 05:25 GMT
#626
Gahhh, that makes me realize, I forgot a song in the poll in the op!

I didn't mention fluttershy singing so many wonders!

I guess its no one's favorite then?
Moderator
Shaok
Profile Joined October 2010
297 Posts
August 16 2011 05:29 GMT
#627
You guys can't be serious. I hope to god this isn't the new internet troll topic.
Satire
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada295 Posts
August 16 2011 05:34 GMT
#628
Watched the first 2 episodes... It's alright. Remember I used to have watch "The Winx Club" with a girl I babysat a few years back and it reminds me of that. It's bearable, but it's not something I'd watch in my free time.

I intend on watching 3 more episodes just to make sure, but at this point I'm not seeing the hype. I recall people in the thread saying the opening episodes are weaker then the others, so I'll give it more time. Avatar: The Last Airbender was a gem of a cartoon in my eyes. This, while a well above average children's cartoon, really isn't doing it for me so far. I'll let you know how I feel after picking up 3 more episodes.

It's difficult to see past the hype here to be honest. I'm not sure whether people have legitimate opinions of the show, or are simply buying into the excitement and hype. Thus far, I haven't seen anything that warrants me placing this cartoon on a pedestal yet.
Satire is a lesson, parody is a game.
Chibithor
Profile Joined April 2011
Brazil514 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 05:48:04
August 16 2011 05:47 GMT
#629
On August 16 2011 14:29 TheOne85 wrote:
You guys can't be serious. I hope to god this isn't the new internet troll topic.

I don't get it. Do you want us to be serious or not? In any case, we are. Sorry! You really should check out an episode or two before bashing though.

On August 16 2011 14:34 Satire wrote:
Watched the first 2 episodes... It's alright. Remember I used to have watch "The Winx Club" with a girl I babysat a few years back and it reminds me of that. It's bearable, but it's not something I'd watch in my free time.

That's probably why people don't recommend them. The first two give off a magical girl vibe, but it's really nothing like that.
Rareware
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada340 Posts
August 16 2011 05:49 GMT
#630
On August 16 2011 14:29 TheOne85 wrote:
You guys can't be serious. I hope to god this isn't the new internet troll topic.


Holy Moly you must be the first person to ask that here... But really how many more of these comments are we going to get?
ROOT Fighting!!!
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
August 16 2011 05:53 GMT
#631
On August 16 2011 10:02 Squarewalker wrote:
I like how shocked people at other forums are at the fact that TL started to get "contaminated" as well ("TL also being infested? I thought that would've been the last place for MLP to get to").

Hello, our logo has been Ponies for years...
RoKetha
Profile Joined July 2010
United States211 Posts
August 16 2011 05:59 GMT
#632
I can easily see why people would be turned off by the first two episodes, and the third as well. (The third is really cheesy and predictable and doesn't hit the mark with the humor a few times, though it's a bit better than the first two and has a Benny Hill chase scene parody.) The second half of the season is way better IMO because the jokes are just way better and the writers started going crazy with the ponies' personalities, giving them bizarre talents and putting them in situations where they completely break down.

I'd say the best episodes to watch would depend on what you want:

For humor and the "cartoon" feel: 9, 10, 15, 19, 25 (note that 25 is miles ahead of everything else IMO, you might be disappointed with other episodes afterward, and it's better if you see some episodes with "normal" Pinkie Pie first to establish her character)

For a general view of the show including character conflict and interaction: 4, 7, 13, 16

-

And if we're posting music, here's one of my favorites:
+ Show Spoiler +
FoxyMayhem
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
624 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 06:15:06
August 16 2011 06:11 GMT
#633
I don't understand the dislike of the first two episodes. Sure, the second on climaxed with a magical girl anime note (not to my taste, but not a pretty cool execution still)... but the lore and the sense of scale in those two episodes were the first things to get me "into" the story, and man did they do a good job of it.

Could someone explain it a little more thoroughly just why some people feel the starter episodes are weak?
RoKetha
Profile Joined July 2010
United States211 Posts
August 16 2011 06:33 GMT
#634
On August 16 2011 15:11 FoxyMayhem wrote:
I don't understand the dislike of the first two episodes. Sure, the second on climaxed with a magical girl anime note (not to my taste, but not a pretty cool execution still)... but the lore and the sense of scale in those two episodes were the first things to get me "into" the story, and man did they do a good job of it.

Could someone explain it a little more thoroughly just why some people feel the starter episodes are weak?


Sure.

Episode 1 starts out with a narration that sounds like something out of a storybook, which is read in a motherly voice. Yes, the actual mythos is quite dark if viewed objectively, but that's not the immediate impression left on the viewer. Then we are introduced to a one-dimensional cast of charaters: Twilight Sparkle is a bookworm, Applejack is a stereotypical farmer, Rainbow Dash is a speedy jerk, Rarity is FASHION. Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie get a decent job done on their scenes, but they're the last two to be introduced so people tend to give up on the show before then.

Episode 2 is the real problem. You've just seen episode 1, where the cast was introduced and exactly one aspect of each of them was shown. Episode 2 spends most of its time having everypony use that same talent to overcome a trial in a predictable manner, further reinforcing the idea that these characters are all about that one thing. It's not done terribly when you consider each scene individually, but anyone watching knows exactly what's going to happen immediately, which really kills off the conflict. But it's the final battle that really bugs me; Twilight wins it by giving a speech of all things. Not only that, but it's a speech about how everypony represents exactly one virtue. It's quite anti-climactic overall.

Future episodes use the traits we see here as a sort of core for the character from which interpersonal conflict can stem; for example, it should be immediately obvious that prissy Rarity will clash with Rainbow Dash. They also add character flaws which are sorely missing from the first two episodes: Rarity is obsessive-compulsive and falls apart if she doesn't meet her standards; Applejack is stubborn and quick to judge; Rainbow Dash lacks self-confidence and relies on the attention of others; Fluttershy breaks down if others don't like her normally kind self and is a bit of a coward to the point of being unreliable. But people who are told to just watch the first three episodes don't get to see any of that.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 06:34:55
August 16 2011 06:34 GMT
#635
On August 16 2011 14:53 Jyvblamo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 10:02 Squarewalker wrote:
I like how shocked people at other forums are at the fact that TL started to get "contaminated" as well ("TL also being infested? I thought that would've been the last place for MLP to get to").

Hello, our logo has been Ponies for years...

How goes the watching? ^_^

On August 16 2011 15:11 FoxyMayhem wrote:
I don't understand the dislike of the first two episodes. Sure, the second on climaxed with a magical girl anime note (not to my taste, but not a pretty cool execution still)... but the lore and the sense of scale in those two episodes were the first things to get me "into" the story, and man did they do a good job of it.

Could someone explain it a little more thoroughly just why some people feel the starter episodes are weak?


As I see it the characters introduced in 1 and 2 are pretty one dimensional, they seem to have no special traits, and they face no defining obstacles, the whole episode is "challenge x is overcome by trait b possessed by pony Z" none of the characters are really challenged at any point, and that makes them seem much weaker than they really are. It also has the "magical girls of power" thing that never ever reappears. Watching episode 1 and 2 you might get the idea that you are watching some kind of sailor moon with ponies, rather than a somewhat slice of life cartoon.

I'm not very good at explaining it because I *like* 1 and 2, although I can understand where the detractors are coming from.

EDIT: RoKetha beat me to the punch
Moderator
TMStarcraft
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia686 Posts
August 16 2011 07:07 GMT
#636
On August 16 2011 15:11 FoxyMayhem wrote:
I don't understand the dislike of the first two episodes. Sure, the second on climaxed with a magical girl anime note (not to my taste, but not a pretty cool execution still)... but the lore and the sense of scale in those two episodes were the first things to get me "into" the story, and man did they do a good job of it.

Could someone explain it a little more thoroughly just why some people feel the starter episodes are weak?

The first two episodes are not indicative of the rest of the series. A lot of what people like about the show (its strengths, the little things) come in later episodes. That said, there are people who like the cohesive plot of the first two episodes, so it's all personal preference really.

As to why the first two episodes were written as such, I believe that Lauren Faust was probably trying to please the Hasbro overlords: "Hey look at these first two episodes, exaaactly what you wanted right?". That way she could have her way with the rest of the series.

Of course they eventually caught on which is why she has been sidelined for the next season.

That said there needs to be more love for spike.
+ Show Spoiler +
Spike: That nest needs to be condemned!
Rarity: Oh, Spike. It's not so bad. Maybe the birds can use it as a ...
Spike: An outhouse? :D
||
CrewelTee
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada20 Posts
August 16 2011 07:24 GMT
#637
Is everyone here just super-trolling? or...
If the glove dont fit youre full of shit
Soulfire
Profile Joined September 2010
United States237 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 07:36:36
August 16 2011 07:27 GMT
#638
On August 16 2011 16:24 CrewelTee wrote:
Is everyone here just super-trolling? or...


These posts are starting to get really old. You'd honestly expect more attention span from TL members sometimes - as unbelievable as it honestly is for people to like the show, you'd think 32 pages in a thread would be more than just an elaborate troll.
◕ http://kiwiclonearmy.sadlife.net/ ◕
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
August 16 2011 07:44 GMT
#639
On August 16 2011 16:27 Soulfire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 16:24 CrewelTee wrote:
Is everyone here just super-trolling? or...


These posts are starting to get really old. You'd honestly expect more attention span from TL members sometimes - as unbelievable as it honestly is for people to like the show, you'd think 32 pages in a thread would be more than just an elaborate troll.


Maybe I should make a rule that if you post here to ask if we are trolling I automatically add you to the list of fans? :-P

Not that these people are actually reading the OP.
Moderator
Atasu
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada98 Posts
August 16 2011 07:52 GMT
#640
This cant be real...is this show geared to adults (dialogue/story wise) or is it actually a children's show...gotta question the mental state of you ppl, but to each their own i guess...still, mad creepy.
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 771 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason78
BRAT_OK 72
Railgan 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17824
Mini 379
Dewaltoss 185
Hyuk 140
ggaemo 109
firebathero 106
ZZZero.O 77
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8267
febbydoto18
League of Legends
Doublelift1322
Counter-Strike
Fnx 603
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4437
Khaldor1262
crisheroes1099
Liquid`Hasu798
Other Games
summit1g3881
FrodaN2462
fl0m1108
Beastyqt846
mouzStarbuck332
KnowMe326
ArmadaUGS133
Mew2King61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1147
BasetradeTV191
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 114
• Adnapsc2 23
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 52
• 80smullet 22
• Azhi_Dahaki13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8240
Other Games
• imaqtpie820
• Shiphtur261
• tFFMrPink 18
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 12m
INu's Battles
16h 12m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 12m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 12m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.