• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:06
CEST 20:06
KST 03:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8764 users

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 771 Next
No, this is not a joke/trolling thread. We don't need more filler posts asking if it is.

Remember to spoiler season 6 content, and clearly label your spoilers.
Shebuha
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1335 Posts
August 15 2011 07:36 GMT
#581
I am so fucking confused by this thread and this show... I watched episode 7 and am just... kind of hungry or something now... I think.
RoKetha
Profile Joined July 2010
United States211 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-15 07:42:24
August 15 2011 07:41 GMT
#582
On August 15 2011 16:35 Soulfire wrote:
I discovered by reading through the wiki page for the show that Lauren Faust is "stepping down as Executive Producer to become Consulting Producer" for Season 2.

Show nested quote +

Her involvement will involve only story conception and scripts. She also has high hopes for the staff members, stating that 'the gaps I have left are being filled by the same amazing artists, writers, and directors who brought you Season 1. I’m certain the show will be as entertaining as ever".


I'm a little concerned about this and how it'll affect the quality of Season 2. What do you guys think?



I addressed that earlier. It won't make a lick of difference. She was never writing episodes herself other than the pilot episodes and the whole team understands her vision and have expressed immense dedication to the show in interviews. She also reviewed a few of the scripts for season 2 herself before she stepped down, so it's not like the show's going to wildly change.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/07/interview-jayson-thiessen-friendship-is.html

Questions 16 and 17 are relevant. You can check through Lauren's DA account history for a lot of information. The link for that's in the OP.
Soulfire
Profile Joined September 2010
United States237 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-15 08:13:15
August 15 2011 07:48 GMT
#583
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 15 2011 16:41 RoKetha wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2011 16:35 Soulfire wrote:
I discovered by reading through the wiki page for the show that Lauren Faust is "stepping down as Executive Producer to become Consulting Producer" for Season 2.


Her involvement will involve only story conception and scripts. She also has high hopes for the staff members, stating that 'the gaps I have left are being filled by the same amazing artists, writers, and directors who brought you Season 1. I’m certain the show will be as entertaining as ever".


I'm a little concerned about this and how it'll affect the quality of Season 2. What do you guys think?



I addressed that earlier. It won't make a lick of difference. She was never writing episodes herself other than the pilot episodes and the whole team understands her vision and have expressed immense dedication to the show in interviews. She also reviewed a few of the scripts for season 2 herself before she stepped down, so it's not like the show's going to wildly change.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/07/interview-jayson-thiessen-friendship-is.html

Questions 16 and 17 are relevant. You can check through Lauren's DA account history for a lot of information. The link for that's in the OP.



Alright, that's good to hear - my bad for missing your previous post on the subject, I'm a newbie bronie.
◕ http://kiwiclonearmy.sadlife.net/ ◕
TMStarcraft
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia686 Posts
August 15 2011 08:18 GMT
#584
Please tell me I'm not the only one who knows what little Rarity is saying in this gif.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
||
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
August 15 2011 08:18 GMT
#585
On August 15 2011 16:48 Soulfire wrote:
Show nested quote +
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 15 2011 16:41 RoKetha wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2011 16:35 Soulfire wrote:
I discovered by reading through the wiki page for the show that Lauren Faust is "stepping down as Executive Producer to become Consulting Producer" for Season 2.


Her involvement will involve only story conception and scripts. She also has high hopes for the staff members, stating that 'the gaps I have left are being filled by the same amazing artists, writers, and directors who brought you Season 1. I’m certain the show will be as entertaining as ever".


I'm a little concerned about this and how it'll affect the quality of Season 2. What do you guys think?



I addressed that earlier. It won't make a lick of difference. She was never writing episodes herself other than the pilot episodes and the whole team understands her vision and have expressed immense dedication to the show in interviews. She also reviewed a few of the scripts for season 2 herself before she stepped down, so it's not like the show's going to wildly change.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/07/interview-jayson-thiessen-friendship-is.html

Questions 16 and 17 are relevant. You can check through Lauren's DA account history for a lot of information. The link for that's in the OP.



Alright, that's good to hear - my bad for missing your previous post on the subject, I'm a newbie bronie.

No harm in asking question, the thread is pretty long and its easy to overlook things amid the "not sure if trolling" posts :-P
Moderator
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
August 15 2011 09:33 GMT
#586
On August 15 2011 16:33 skrzmark wrote:
what is wrong with you people this just seems like a shitty cartoon network show.

What you say you dont like Ponies!? Watch a few episodes and fluttershy will infect your brain with cuteness
+ Show Spoiler +
In the woods, there lurks..
RPR_Tempest
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia7799 Posts
August 15 2011 11:17 GMT
#587
Watched the first 9 episodes. It's okay, it's about as good as a show about ponies could be.
Soundwave, Zerg player from Canberra, Australia. @SoundwaveSC
Deleted_143
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia256 Posts
August 15 2011 11:21 GMT
#588
--- Nuked ---
PandaCore
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany553 Posts
August 15 2011 11:28 GMT
#589
On August 15 2011 17:18 TMStarcraft wrote:
Please tell me I'm not the only one who knows what little Rarity is saying in this gif.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I'm still a little sad about Applejack being at the bottom of the popularity poll in the OP :<
I has a flavor
RogerX
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
New Zealand3180 Posts
August 15 2011 11:37 GMT
#590
Lol clearly the best cartoon in all of television
Stick it up. take it up. step aside and see the world
Chibithor
Profile Joined April 2011
Brazil514 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-15 11:49:28
August 15 2011 11:45 GMT
#591
On August 15 2011 20:28 PandaCore wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2011 17:18 TMStarcraft wrote:
Please tell me I'm not the only one who knows what little Rarity is saying in this gif.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I'm still a little sad about Applejack being at the bottom of the popularity poll in the OP :<

Applejack is a close second on my list, but the poll doesn't care so I can't show my love.
On August 15 2011 17:18 TMStarcraft wrote:
Please tell me I'm not the only one who knows what little Rarity is saying in this gif.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

I'm thinking 'dumb rock'.
Might just be 'a rock'.
Lynda
Profile Joined May 2010
649 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-15 13:32:00
August 15 2011 12:35 GMT
#592
Just finished reading through the entire thread, it was one of the most entertaining threads I've read in a while heh. I'm glad quite a decent amount of people got converted by this thread and they ended up finding happiness and peace by rediscovering their inner child. Becoming a fan of this show truly is very rewarding.

And I agree with PandaCore and Chibithor, you bronies (or as AJ would say, 'sugarcubes') need to give Applejack more love (I think I have only seen one post in this thread besides this last page about AJ, and that was when that poster hadn't even seen all episodes yet), she's a rather underrated/overlooked character in general, yet her accent, way of talking and personality are awesome, and she even makes some of the best faces in the show (proof).

Also I'm hyped for the solo song Daniel Ingram promised for Twilight in season 2. Personally I'm looking perhaps even more forward to a Rainbow Dash solo song, though (or even an Applejack one, but I think Ashleigh Ball singing in her RD voice is superior to singing in her AJ voice).

RD's part is probably my favourite in the At The Gala song (too bad her part only lasted 30 seconds), and I really like RD's parts in the Winter Wrap Up song as well (which keeps getting stuck in my head all the time). I actually listen to Winter Wrap Up before going to sleep which I guess does contribute a lot to the fact that I have nice, happy dreams about ponies all the time instead of nightmares.

Also I think I haven't seen this Ashleigh Ball's Message to the Bronies vid being posted in this thread yet so here:


Yeah, I think I'm in love with Ashleigh Ball's voice. I actually got Hey Ocean!'s second album lol, which was actually surprisingly good indie pop, so I recommend you guys (even the people who don't like MLP since after all the band has nothing to do with the show itself other than having one of the very talented voice actresses from the show as one of their singers) to get it as well if you like that genre.

Oh and I'd like to mention that this show does wonders when you watch an ep after tilting on iCCup or on the SC2 ladder (note how here I'm referring to people who had already been hooked by the show. You don't exactly want to watch your first ep in a bad mood with a very critical attitude). The nerdrage / balance whine / etc. pretty much disappear completely for the time being at least and you just feel happy, and then you can go back to laddering again with a better mentality.
rastaban
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2294 Posts
August 15 2011 13:34 GMT
#593
I heard about this show when this thread was posted, and finished up the season last night. Surprisingly the show was very well made and you get attached to the characters quickly. Thanks for sharing the show.
Tyler: "...damn it, that's StarCraft. Opening doors is what we do. Being the first to find food is the greatest pleasure a player can have!"
timestep
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada73 Posts
August 15 2011 14:17 GMT
#594
You guys would probably flip shit over Adventure Time. That show is mathematical.
"whoop whoop whoop whoop" - Dr. Zoidberg
awwnuts07
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States621 Posts
August 15 2011 16:22 GMT
#595
Just discovered this show. I totally thought I would hate it since the art design is clearly aimed towards little girls. So glad I was completely wrong. The writing and animation are top notch. Can't wait for next season.

I'm a noob
Nasradime
Profile Joined January 2011
France83 Posts
August 15 2011 17:05 GMT
#596
I watch it for the plot.
Comsat me bro
Sinensis
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2513 Posts
August 15 2011 17:20 GMT
#597
I thought people just pretended to like this show to piss other people off? Tried watching the first episode and seven and I still kind of feel that way. I love kids shows like Adventure Time, Regular Show, Zim, Powerpuff Girls, etc. and this one doesn't grab me.
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
August 15 2011 18:02 GMT
#598
Ehh not my type of show. I like alot of stuff targeted towards children but i guess i'll skip this one. Watched 2 of the Episodes and i'm pretty confused by the hype about it.
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-15 19:14:41
August 15 2011 19:13 GMT
#599
On a note, I'll leave this here
http://freedomandchaos.deviantart.com/

I know many people don't like the idea of reading fanfics, but this one is ONE HELL OF A LONG fic, and it is an amazing read. The transitions and the descriptions are amazing. Also reminds a bit of Fringe, from what people said, although I've never seen Fringe

Btw, Episode 23 spoilers(although its preferable to watch the whole show before reading it).

<edit>
but it seems to be seldom updated .-.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
August 15 2011 19:32 GMT
#600
On August 15 2011 21:35 Squarewalker wrote:

Also I'm hyped for the solo song Daniel Ingram promised for Twilight in season 2. Personally I'm looking perhaps even more forward to a Rainbow Dash solo song, though (or even an Applejack one, but I think Ashleigh Ball singing in her RD voice is superior to singing in her AJ voice).


Do you have a source for the promised solos? I'd love to read about that ^_^

Also the video was awesome, thanks for posting it.

Applejack used to be near the top of my favorite ponies, but lately she just dropped down the list
Moderator
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 771 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 243
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 243
BRAT_OK 63
MindelVK 19
JuggernautJason3
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25774
Mini 421
Hyuk 209
firebathero 182
ggaemo 138
Mong 45
Hyun 36
Dewaltoss 33
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 11
Dota 2
Gorgc10422
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1401
crisheroes1131
Liquid`Hasu867
Other Games
Grubby2847
FrodaN2292
fl0m1063
Beastyqt869
KnowMe174
mouzStarbuck160
Livibee155
ArmadaUGS121
Mew2King59
Trikslyr47
ToD32
Chillindude24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1086
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 88
• StrangeGG 50
• Adnapsc2 18
• LUISG 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8167
• WagamamaTV227
Other Games
• imaqtpie725
• Shiphtur295
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
54m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 54m
INu's Battles
17h 54m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 54m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.