|
On March 13 2018 18:00 cecek wrote:Show nested quote +On March 13 2018 17:54 Spicy_Curry wrote:On March 13 2018 17:30 cecek wrote:I've never as disappointed in the Dota community (the reddit one, mainly) as now during the past week. I always thought the community was pretty cool, maybe even a little better than the other major gaming communities. But with the info reveal of Artifact and the introduction of Dota Plus, the community just revealed itself to be incredibly elitist, insecure and overall just pathetic. Fuck, this really makes me sad.  wait what The whining about Artifact business mode. People are EXTREMELY entitled and elitist. Apparently, Dota is moving in the wrong direction of pay to win. Everyone is an expert armchair economist and game designer. Stuff like that, there's a lot of it. Of course, as is custom at reddit, after every drama there is now a reverse circlejerk and thread that are telling people to chill the fuck out are being upvoted.
R/dota2 is a cesspool in general because the mods are all worse than useless. Good moderation makes or breaks subreddits and unfortunately /r/dota2 literally does nothing to curb stuff like this because they fiend on the memes themselves. They couldve made an artifact megathread and Dota+ megathread and consolidated all the garbage.
Also how does valve capitalize on whales with this dota+ stuff. Afaik there is no option to spend more money for more shit.
|
On March 13 2018 18:16 Spicy_Curry wrote:Show nested quote +On March 13 2018 18:00 cecek wrote:On March 13 2018 17:54 Spicy_Curry wrote:On March 13 2018 17:30 cecek wrote:I've never as disappointed in the Dota community (the reddit one, mainly) as now during the past week. I always thought the community was pretty cool, maybe even a little better than the other major gaming communities. But with the info reveal of Artifact and the introduction of Dota Plus, the community just revealed itself to be incredibly elitist, insecure and overall just pathetic. Fuck, this really makes me sad.  wait what The whining about Artifact business mode. People are EXTREMELY entitled and elitist. Apparently, Dota is moving in the wrong direction of pay to win. Everyone is an expert armchair economist and game designer. Stuff like that, there's a lot of it. Of course, as is custom at reddit, after every drama there is now a reverse circlejerk and thread that are telling people to chill the fuck out are being upvoted. R/dota2 is a cesspool in general because the mods are all worse than useless. Good moderation makes or breaks subreddits and unfortunately /r/dota2 literally does nothing to curb stuff like this because they fiend on the memes themselves. They couldve made an artifact megathread and Dota+ megathread and consolidated all the garbage. Also how does valve capitalize on whales with this dota+ stuff. Afaik there is no option to spend more money for more shit. I guess they'll add a classical compendium style item in a month or so. They you'll be able to buy as many levels as you wish.
|
Czech Republic18921 Posts
Yes, they cleraly decided to separate the battlepass from the compendium. Which I think makes sense, no reason why the class quests, battlecups, etc. should be seasonal and tied to the TI compendium.
|
All this complaining about reddit once again makes me happy to not use it
|
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
does anyone know: if you are no longer subscribed to dota plus, can you still use all of the chatwheel stuff that you unlocked so far?
|
Czech Republic18921 Posts
I would think you can't, but I'm not sure.
|
Idk, this dota+ just seems to help you improve a bit more after each game, but it does not help you win anything. Even more so, its useless if you're above 4k. Other than that it's hero voices and battle cups. There's literally nothing to complain, they're improving the community and charging few bucks for it
|
guys any tips on getting your mojo back after a 6 month slump? lifes fucking awful sometimes.
|
Mojo for what? Talking to people? Working?
|
On March 13 2018 20:20 Atreides wrote: guys any tips on getting your mojo back after a 6 month slump? lifes fucking awful sometimes. Wait, shit. You had that car crash and other crap piling up shortly before shrimp season, right?
Idk what keeps you going but I imagine how effing lucky I am not to work at the checkout, do some nice things and maybe even have / influence a positive impact on the environment during my first years of working full time. Also earning enough for gadgets like a switch and living albeit small but comfortably as well as piling through my gf as well until she can earn twice as much as I do.
Also you have the fresh air of Alaska as well as all the freedom you want. America fuck yeah.
Ooh and ofc that I'm productive enough to write on TL during work. Or that I'm staying later because of that. Sometimes the one. Sometimes the other.
|
Czech Republic18921 Posts
Anyone else having trouble getting the weekly win bonus shards things in dota plus? It shows the button, I press it, it looks like it's gonna work, does this small animation and then goes back to just being the button. =/ I need the shards to buy stuff to track useless statistics. It's very important.
|
boy oh boy, brexit major is happening
|
man i played a game with dota plus it was so fucking bad lol its suggestions were like safelane underlord first pick and shit, and the the item build it tried to sell me had no stick
the "goal" cs/kda/networth tracker also seemed very useless, it's not like being below some arbitrary CS bar as a skywrath should make me go farm a lane for CS or something
|
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
i guess dota plus ass. is still in the learning stage
|
I'll maybe get dota plus for the luls
|
I was going to say, it feels like instead of building this AI net and running it on the incredibly large training sets valve have available, they instead opted to sell it and use the paying customers as the initial training set which is stupid
|
starting a rewatch of parks and rec im so excited
|
Czech Republic18921 Posts
Yeah, the dota plus assistant is very useless. But I like the hero quests, the stat tracking, battlecups, the better post-game stats. All of that is pretty neat. And 'free' hats are always nice.
|
Couldn't they have used that to build an actual bot AI first and sell that to dota+ nerds. Even if it fails it'd be an improvement. And single player is the future of multiplayer games.
|
On March 13 2018 23:49 Sn0_Man wrote: I was going to say, it feels like instead of building this AI net and running it on the incredibly large training sets valve have available, they instead opted to sell it and use the paying customers as the initial training set which is stupid how it is stupid, you are paying to do their work
it's absolutely brilliant in the most anti-consumer way ever
|
|
|
|
|
|