|
On March 13 2018 01:40 Slomo wrote: I think you vastly underestimate the power of machine learning for such specific tasks like this. Even if its worthless at 4k+ MMR. Then it'll only affect 90% of all matches that are below 4k MMR. Great system, totally not pay to win.
I think the cosmetic bullshit where some ward skins arent visible for a second after you place them, is already borderline unacceptable for Dota. But this is far worse.
u gotta chill bro, what is this tryhard talk with mmr numbers in 2018, sounds like something a harold 3 would say
if it pays for techies rework I'm all for it
|
On March 13 2018 01:43 Sn0_Man wrote: I'm looking forward to paying for it and then never having a battlecup stack haha xd You could take on the greatest challenge of your dota life by trying to lead the disaster stack through battle cup.
|
Its horse armor all over again. "Haha thats funny, its cheap, only noobs will buy it haha, dont worry man its not going to become the new standard for subtle p2w and of nobody will push that standard any further haha"
On March 13 2018 01:44 HwangjaeTerran wrote:Show nested quote +On March 13 2018 01:40 Slomo wrote: I think you vastly underestimate the power of machine learning for such specific tasks like this. Even if its worthless at 4k+ MMR. Then it'll only affect 90% of all matches that are below 4k MMR. Great system, totally not pay to win.
I think the cosmetic bullshit where some ward skins arent visible for a second after you place them, is already borderline unacceptable for Dota. But this is far worse. u gotta chill bro, what is this tryhard talk with mmr numbers in 2018, sounds like something a harold 3 would say if it pays for techies rework I'm all for it Fuck MMR. I want a game where I play on equal terms with the enemy. And I assume most people want that. And most people are below 4k and their game will be affected the most. This is something where I will show no mercy. If this shit stays in the game for more than two weeks I will have to uninstall and forget about Dota until its removed.
|
Well made horse armor is pretty dope, IMO.
And all of these services are available through alt-tabling and looking at drafting/build/tips website.
|
are there even any incentives for battlecups? is it literally just a tournament mode behind a paywall?
|
On March 13 2018 01:45 Slomo wrote:Its horse armor all over again. "Haha thats funny, its cheap, only noobs will buy it haha, dont worry man its not going to become the new standard for subtle p2w and of nobody will push that standard any further haha" Show nested quote +On March 13 2018 01:44 HwangjaeTerran wrote:On March 13 2018 01:40 Slomo wrote: I think you vastly underestimate the power of machine learning for such specific tasks like this. Even if its worthless at 4k+ MMR. Then it'll only affect 90% of all matches that are below 4k MMR. Great system, totally not pay to win.
I think the cosmetic bullshit where some ward skins arent visible for a second after you place them, is already borderline unacceptable for Dota. But this is far worse. u gotta chill bro, what is this tryhard talk with mmr numbers in 2018, sounds like something a harold 3 would say if it pays for techies rework I'm all for it Fuck MMR. I want a game where I play on equal terms with the enemy. And I assume most people want that. And most people are below 4k and their game will be affected the most. This is something where I will show no mercy. If this shit stays in the game for more than two weeks I will have to uninstall and forget about Dota until its removed. thats a neat hot take but bye lol there's actually much worse shit like programs that will tell u ur opopnents most picked in the last month so u can ban those heroes in draft etc. 3rd party but ur still playing against it
On March 13 2018 01:47 HwangjaeTerran wrote: are there even any incentives for battlecups? is it literally just a tournament mode behind a paywall? u win hats otherwise yes
|
Wtf is happening? Patch day?
|
Battlecup always seemed like a great idea, but you need 4 other people to play. And if I have to get 4 other people together to do something, its gunna be a board game.
|
On March 13 2018 01:51 Artisreal wrote: Wtf is happening? Patch day? blog.dota2.com
|
idk if it's all that good/advantageous, a friend just tried it, he's in a game rn and they advised offlane wk safelane zeus i personally dont see it as being much much better than just following a TDL guide and hoping for the best
|
On March 13 2018 02:11 2009 wrote:idk if it's all that good/advantageous, a friend just tried it, he's in a game rn and they advised offlane wk safelane zeus  i personally dont see it as being much much better than just following a TDL guide and hoping for the best Well, the thing about machine learning is that while it might not be successful now, in the future it should be.
*shrug*
|
It's the kind of thing that may help an absolute newb that has no idea what is going on.
If you have any understanding of the game the features should be no advantage at all, if these suggestion algorithms are anything like they have been in the past.
|
Safelane Zeus in ranked for no reason what so ever is the reason I stopped playing Dota 2. Where you sit and stare at the game, going through the events that could have lead to this person playing long enough to play ranked and still doing that.
|
it's like $40 a year if you subscribe for the 12 month, it's super cheap, i think it's fair priced honestly
|
I do like the folks who think it will be a huge advantage, when its just help with for 1 of 5 members of a team. You are still in a pub match of the Dota 2. Valve cannot save you.
|
I feel like it's just going to recommend WK zeus every game cuz those heroes have like 58% winrate in noob brackets
|
Thanks. Though I'm actually not interested enough in playing Dota to read it at the moment.
We have like fifteen degrees Celsius out today. Merely a week ago it was minus twelve degrees! Crazy shift.
|
"Back in my day we learned how to master a game through trial and error repeated thousands of times, not having to pay $4 a month to be given real-time tips on how to play."
|
IDK guys. If you don't see the problem with giving Valve an inch in this matter. You give an inch now, they take it a mile further next time.
|
On March 13 2018 03:30 Slomo wrote: IDK guys. If you don't see the problem with giving Valve an inch in this matter. You give an inch now, they take it a mile further next time. The slippery slope fallacy continues to be a fallacy.
|
|
|
|
|
|