• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:54
CEST 01:54
KST 08:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7887 users

Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion - Page 9376

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9374 9375 9376 9377 9378 10602 Next
Fleetfeet
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Canada2836 Posts
March 12 2018 02:25 GMT
#187501
dont heal just block man. Never get hit.
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
March 12 2018 02:31 GMT
#187502
just found a sick bug in dota, if you random a hero u get the mango and fairie fire, and if u swap the items stay with the randomd hero not the person randoming
but u can circumvent this by swapping twice during pick screen then swapping in fountain so u get mango+ff on the non randomd hero
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
Nixer
Profile Joined July 2011
2774 Posts
March 12 2018 06:48 GMT
#187503
On March 12 2018 07:29 intotheheart wrote:
He'll stick with hjt probably, since the staff asked him to stick to one account. You're technically not supposed to have a smurf here, although being Comeh, I think saying that is a bit hypocritical.

Did a solo GR70 today, which has traditionally been my goal for a seasonal. I find I don't have the motivation to grind to getting perfect gear. When I get my second Unity, I'll grind until I hit the cap with my gear, and maybe just stop playing until Season 14. I know Atreides is baffled by me quitting so early, but I find at a certain point in the game, I really need to start min-maxing my equipment. Too lazy for it though.

Isn't GR70 kind of low, what build are you using? HC or SC by the way?
Graphics
Fleetfeet
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Canada2836 Posts
March 12 2018 06:57 GMT
#187504
Whoa man you calling ITH a casual?
Atreides
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2393 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-12 08:54:14
March 12 2018 08:50 GMT
#187505
On March 12 2018 15:48 Nixer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2018 07:29 intotheheart wrote:
He'll stick with hjt probably, since the staff asked him to stick to one account. You're technically not supposed to have a smurf here, although being Comeh, I think saying that is a bit hypocritical.

Did a solo GR70 today, which has traditionally been my goal for a seasonal. I find I don't have the motivation to grind to getting perfect gear. When I get my second Unity, I'll grind until I hit the cap with my gear, and maybe just stop playing until Season 14. I know Atreides is baffled by me quitting so early, but I find at a certain point in the game, I really need to start min-maxing my equipment. Too lazy for it though.

Isn't GR70 kind of low, what build are you using? HC or SC by the way?


I dont find it baffling although I think you could maybe update your goals to acommodate the power creep. Ive played seasons before with really modest goals, its pretty much a function of how much time you want to put in ofc.

If hes playing talrasha meteors he can get GR90 with non ideal, non ancient ez just having the whole build. its op as fuck with bad gear. xd

Personally, I think progression feels pretty nice up til when you hit the wall where you have to start augmenting, then its kind of a grind. Also getting to the level where you have to fish for a rift you can actually clear kills it for a lot of people.

Im playing SC myself this season cuz rl friends are playing and the group dynamic interferes with hc a lot imo. but ive played a lot obviously this season. Got gg endgame primal weapon today. Havent solo pushed since a week ago when I got a 105 and ive dropped from r6 to ~20 or something in that time.

D3 is just my drug of choice for forgetting about how shitty life is a lot of the time. Like how after spending 4 days at Board of Fish meetings last week (not fun), I hit a fucking moose during the 250mile drive home. Giant bother, and now I have getting a new car and dealing with all that shit to add to my list of stuff I need to get done before april 15th so I can go shrimping. But I kind of just play diablo all day today. oops. Im kind of dysfunctional when not actually fishing.
PoulsenB
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland7761 Posts
March 12 2018 09:30 GMT
#187506
this day barely started and it already sucks ass
IdrA fan forever <3 || the clueless one || Marci must be protected at all costs
Slomo
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany7198 Posts
March 12 2018 09:35 GMT
#187507
On March 12 2018 18:30 PoulsenB wrote:
this day barely started and it already sucks ass

Its called monday.
RIP DOUBLE TI OG | #18 never forget
Nixer
Profile Joined July 2011
2774 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-12 09:58:52
March 12 2018 09:52 GMT
#187508
On March 12 2018 17:50 Atreides wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2018 15:48 Nixer wrote:
On March 12 2018 07:29 intotheheart wrote:
He'll stick with hjt probably, since the staff asked him to stick to one account. You're technically not supposed to have a smurf here, although being Comeh, I think saying that is a bit hypocritical.

Did a solo GR70 today, which has traditionally been my goal for a seasonal. I find I don't have the motivation to grind to getting perfect gear. When I get my second Unity, I'll grind until I hit the cap with my gear, and maybe just stop playing until Season 14. I know Atreides is baffled by me quitting so early, but I find at a certain point in the game, I really need to start min-maxing my equipment. Too lazy for it though.

Isn't GR70 kind of low, what build are you using? HC or SC by the way?


I dont find it baffling although I think you could maybe update your goals to acommodate the power creep. Ive played seasons before with really modest goals, its pretty much a function of how much time you want to put in ofc.

If hes playing talrasha meteors he can get GR90 with non ideal, non ancient ez just having the whole build. its op as fuck with bad gear. xd

Personally, I think progression feels pretty nice up til when you hit the wall where you have to start augmenting, then its kind of a grind. Also getting to the level where you have to fish for a rift you can actually clear kills it for a lot of people.

Im playing SC myself this season cuz rl friends are playing and the group dynamic interferes with hc a lot imo. but ive played a lot obviously this season. Got gg endgame primal weapon today. Havent solo pushed since a week ago when I got a 105 and ive dropped from r6 to ~20 or something in that time.

D3 is just my drug of choice for forgetting about how shitty life is a lot of the time. Like how after spending 4 days at Board of Fish meetings last week (not fun), I hit a fucking moose during the 250mile drive home. Giant bother, and now I have getting a new car and dealing with all that shit to add to my list of stuff I need to get done before april 15th so I can go shrimping. But I kind of just play diablo all day today. oops. Im kind of dysfunctional when not actually fishing.

I don't like HC myself because I do stupid shit and play greedy, like standing in fire for too long because I want to dish out as much as possible or just standing right at the edge of stuff. Loads of things like that for no real gains. Would just end up forgetting I'm running HC, die and just tilt as a result.

Think GR95-100 is a solid goal per season (if I could be bothered anyway), as long as you're using a top build of course. And said build has decent power spikes. Pushing beyond that just seems too grindy and luck dependent as you said.
Graphics
PoulsenB
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland7761 Posts
March 12 2018 09:57 GMT
#187509
I've never even reached GR70 smh
IdrA fan forever <3 || the clueless one || Marci must be protected at all costs
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
March 12 2018 10:16 GMT
#187510
lol this is kinda funny
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
PoulsenB
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland7761 Posts
March 12 2018 10:31 GMT
#187511
I guess it is

my life is one big joke tbh
IdrA fan forever <3 || the clueless one || Marci must be protected at all costs
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
March 12 2018 10:33 GMT
#187512
The power of algorithms!
passive quaranstream fan
HwangjaeTerran
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Finland5967 Posts
March 12 2018 10:36 GMT
#187513
Are there any good AIs for the game of lesbian defence? I tried the Ranked Matchmaking AI, it was both awful and turned into Peruvian Standoff, but I'm not going for realism.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/*tlusernamehere*/
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
March 12 2018 10:51 GMT
#187514
On March 12 2018 19:16 ahswtini wrote:
lol this is kinda funny
https://twitter.com/DeMusliM/status/972967366148620288

So the word 'muslim' has been deemed not politically correct enough to have in your battlenet gametag. That's funny. Or sad, it's probably more sad than funny, actually.
super gg
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
March 12 2018 10:59 GMT
#187515
On March 12 2018 19:31 PoulsenB wrote:
I guess it is

my life is one big joke tbh

i think u missed the tweet attached to my post
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
PoulsenB
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland7761 Posts
March 12 2018 11:12 GMT
#187516
On March 12 2018 19:59 ahswtini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2018 19:31 PoulsenB wrote:
I guess it is

my life is one big joke tbh

i think u missed the tweet attached to my post

I'm at work and the tweets don't show up 'cause twitter is blocked

doesn't make my post any less true tho
IdrA fan forever <3 || the clueless one || Marci must be protected at all costs
Slomo
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany7198 Posts
March 12 2018 12:09 GMT
#187517
On March 12 2018 20:12 PoulsenB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2018 19:59 ahswtini wrote:
On March 12 2018 19:31 PoulsenB wrote:
I guess it is

my life is one big joke tbh

i think u missed the tweet attached to my post

I'm at work and the tweets don't show up 'cause twitter is blocked

doesn't make my post any less true tho

You should stop playing dota is it ruins your mood like it does now.
RIP DOUBLE TI OG | #18 never forget
PoulsenB
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland7761 Posts
March 12 2018 12:36 GMT
#187518
On March 12 2018 21:09 Slomo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2018 20:12 PoulsenB wrote:
On March 12 2018 19:59 ahswtini wrote:
On March 12 2018 19:31 PoulsenB wrote:
I guess it is

my life is one big joke tbh

i think u missed the tweet attached to my post

I'm at work and the tweets don't show up 'cause twitter is blocked

doesn't make my post any less true tho

You should stop playing dota is it ruins your mood like it does now.

it's not about dota, I'm just having a really shitty day
IdrA fan forever <3 || the clueless one || Marci must be protected at all costs
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
March 12 2018 12:57 GMT
#187519
hello yes i would like to be outraged if demuslim gets to keep his name cuz im sure a pleb wouldnt thats inequality the man is keeping us down
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
Slomo
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany7198 Posts
March 12 2018 12:58 GMT
#187520
On March 12 2018 21:36 PoulsenB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2018 21:09 Slomo wrote:
On March 12 2018 20:12 PoulsenB wrote:
On March 12 2018 19:59 ahswtini wrote:
On March 12 2018 19:31 PoulsenB wrote:
I guess it is

my life is one big joke tbh

i think u missed the tweet attached to my post

I'm at work and the tweets don't show up 'cause twitter is blocked

doesn't make my post any less true tho

You should stop playing dota is it ruins your mood like it does now.

it's not about dota, I'm just having a really shitty day

Then I hope it gets better with time.
RIP DOUBLE TI OG | #18 never forget
Prev 1 9374 9375 9376 9377 9378 10602 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings72
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech149
ViBE126
SpeCial 71
StarCraft: Brood War
910 70
NaDa 20
Dota 2
monkeys_forever414
canceldota158
NeuroSwarm155
League of Legends
Doublelift5282
Other Games
summit1g6005
JimRising 422
C9.Mang0386
ToD95
PPMD36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick698
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP53
• poizon28 31
• RyuSc2 26
• musti20045 22
• Adnapsc2 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra962
Other Games
• imaqtpie1044
• Shiphtur571
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
10h 6m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
17h 6m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 6m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
Patches Events
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.