• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:43
CEST 04:43
KST 11:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8007 users

Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion - Page 2427

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2425 2426 2427 2428 2429 10602 Next
Slomo
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany7198 Posts
June 27 2015 17:19 GMT
#48521
Did they even steal the Dota icons in the community news? Anarchy!
RIP DOUBLE TI OG | #18 never forget
eieio
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States14512 Posts
June 27 2015 17:44 GMT
#48522
On June 28 2015 01:54 MaCRo.gg wrote:
Does anyone know how the dota 2 community is around the mid-west?
I've been trying to find some events that might feature dota2 but it seems to be pretty non-existent.
Redbull battlegrounds comes to the Mid-West every once in a while but most circuits seem to favor coastal regions much more than the mid -west.
How many mid-west gamers are out there?
And is there any chance that a bar-crawl or barcraft or just a byob event or byoc event could be set up for TI5?

  • there are some top gamers like comeh and ink in chicago/I'm pretty sure comeh has been to some shit out there?
  • I know lafayette IN has a scene and a bar that shows games, can't remember the name tho
  • I've just moved to Ann Arbor MI and have found plenty of dota players but not necessarily a scene here yet. I'll be trying to find/organize something for TI5 tho
  • PassiveAce might know stuff about Detroit idk
  • MLG had that columbus event you might have heard of


idk I follow local scenes for smash a lot more than dota but I'd assume most larger cities in the midwest have a group of people that would be willing to do a pubstomp or w.e.
LiquidDota Staff
TL+ Member
SpiritoftheTunA
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States20903 Posts
June 27 2015 18:16 GMT
#48523
need disaster pls
posting on liquid sites in current year
Fencar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States2694 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-27 18:16:57
June 27 2015 18:16 GMT
#48524
Anybody want to join me and tuna for potential disaster stack? We search in 5 minutes.

Edit: I got fucking ninja'd.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Andre
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Slovenia3523 Posts
June 27 2015 18:17 GMT
#48525
I can come. What channel you guys idling in?
You must gather your party before venturing forth.
Fencar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States2694 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-27 18:19:08
June 27 2015 18:18 GMT
#48526
On June 28 2015 03:17 Andre wrote:
I can come. What channel you guys idling in?

Here's my steam profile add me pls: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028180490

I'll head to tlihn radiant 1

Edit: well the channel is "dire for now" lol
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
GranDGranT
Profile Joined April 2011
Sri Lanka2141 Posts
June 27 2015 18:22 GMT
#48527
people not watching Tampa Bison beat Xiao Hai in CEO smh
All Dota 2 casters are bad at their job
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
June 27 2015 18:22 GMT
#48528
On June 28 2015 03:18 Fencar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2015 03:17 Andre wrote:
I can come. What channel you guys idling in?

Here's my steam profile add me pls: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028180490

I'll head to tlihn radiant 1

Edit: well the channel is "dire for now" lol

I changed that channel to dire for now because the other day someone was like why are we in the radiant channel. Forgot to switch it back

I can play Dota today but my lunch is ready in about 15-20 minutes. If there is a spot I will join later.
Administrator
GranDGranT
Profile Joined April 2011
Sri Lanka2141 Posts
June 27 2015 18:29 GMT
#48529
Was I really such a bad child that I deserved to get hit with boards and whooped with extension cords?
All Dota 2 casters are bad at their job
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
June 27 2015 18:33 GMT
#48530
welp no 2gd this year
redeye is hosting
© Current year.
GranDGranT
Profile Joined April 2011
Sri Lanka2141 Posts
June 27 2015 18:43 GMT
#48531
Redeye is the man, Also watching all the SJW's get mad on twitter makes me fucking horny as shit
All Dota 2 casters are bad at their job
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-27 18:47:18
June 27 2015 18:45 GMT
#48532
On June 28 2015 02:44 eieio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2015 01:54 MaCRo.gg wrote:
Does anyone know how the dota 2 community is around the mid-west?
I've been trying to find some events that might feature dota2 but it seems to be pretty non-existent.
Redbull battlegrounds comes to the Mid-West every once in a while but most circuits seem to favor coastal regions much more than the mid -west.
How many mid-west gamers are out there?
And is there any chance that a bar-crawl or barcraft or just a byob event or byoc event could be set up for TI5?

  • there are some top gamers like comeh and ink in chicago/I'm pretty sure comeh has been to some shit out there?
  • I know lafayette IN has a scene and a bar that shows games, can't remember the name tho
  • I've just moved to Ann Arbor MI and have found plenty of dota players but not necessarily a scene here yet. I'll be trying to find/organize something for TI5 tho
  • PassiveAce might know stuff about Detroit idk
  • MLG had that columbus event you might have heard of


idk I follow local scenes for smash a lot more than dota but I'd assume most larger cities in the midwest have a group of people that would be willing to do a pubstomp or w.e.

only detroit area esports i know about are these guys and they only play fighting games afaik
https://www.facebook.com/DATCORNBREAD
wayne state university might have a dota org but i dont hear much from them
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
June 27 2015 18:47 GMT
#48533
On June 28 2015 03:43 GranDGranT wrote:
Redeye is the man, Also watching all the SJW's get mad on twitter makes me fucking horny as shit

over what
© Current year.
GranDGranT
Profile Joined April 2011
Sri Lanka2141 Posts
June 27 2015 18:49 GMT
#48534
I mean google exissts
All Dota 2 casters are bad at their job
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
June 27 2015 18:58 GMT
#48535
On June 28 2015 03:49 GranDGranT wrote:
I mean google exissts

Hey, thanks for reminding. Now i know what these noones were likely on.
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-27 19:00:20
June 27 2015 18:58 GMT
#48536
On June 27 2015 17:19 Shaella wrote:
i'd totally marry comeh no lie we're otp

Im not sure you could afford my expensive lifestyle.

Dota in chicago is dead lately, but I know sometimes surrounding areas have some stuff. Our chicago lan center just gave up on esports, apparently there will be some ti party there though so should be fun
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
GranDGranT
Profile Joined April 2011
Sri Lanka2141 Posts
June 27 2015 19:03 GMT
#48537
Chicago is more alive in Dota then most places, I remember on NAdota seeing shit for like 3 events which was more then anything besides Cali.
All Dota 2 casters are bad at their job
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
June 27 2015 19:20 GMT
#48538
On June 28 2015 04:03 GranDGranT wrote:
Chicago is more alive in Dota then most places, I remember on NAdota seeing shit for like 3 events which was more then anything besides Cali.

yeah i mean, more alive than completely dead is a thing. we have had 4 relevant lans, but haven't had one for awhile and for the foreseeable future nothing is coming. (ignite was supposed to hold LANs for like, every few months or half a year and then gave up cause not enough $ in it )

oh well my career as a caster is dead for sure.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-27 19:28:20
June 27 2015 19:28 GMT
#48539
On June 28 2015 04:20 Comeh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2015 04:03 GranDGranT wrote:
Chicago is more alive in Dota then most places, I remember on NAdota seeing shit for like 3 events which was more then anything besides Cali.

yeah i mean, more alive than completely dead is a thing. we have had 4 relevant lans, but haven't had one for awhile and for the foreseeable future nothing is coming. (ignite was supposed to hold LANs for like, every few months or half a year and then gave up cause not enough $ in it )

oh well my career as a caster is dead for sure.

good you were full sellout from #1 cast forgetting to shout out all the homies from the streets*

*+ Show Spoiler +

irc
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
MaCRo.gg
Profile Joined June 2015
Korea (South)860 Posts
June 27 2015 20:02 GMT
#48540
On June 28 2015 03:45 PassiveAce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2015 02:44 eieio wrote:
On June 28 2015 01:54 MaCRo.gg wrote:
Does anyone know how the dota 2 community is around the mid-west?
I've been trying to find some events that might feature dota2 but it seems to be pretty non-existent.
Redbull battlegrounds comes to the Mid-West every once in a while but most circuits seem to favor coastal regions much more than the mid -west.
How many mid-west gamers are out there?
And is there any chance that a bar-crawl or barcraft or just a byob event or byoc event could be set up for TI5?

  • there are some top gamers like comeh and ink in chicago/I'm pretty sure comeh has been to some shit out there?
  • I know lafayette IN has a scene and a bar that shows games, can't remember the name tho
  • I've just moved to Ann Arbor MI and have found plenty of dota players but not necessarily a scene here yet. I'll be trying to find/organize something for TI5 tho
  • PassiveAce might know stuff about Detroit idk
  • MLG had that columbus event you might have heard of


idk I follow local scenes for smash a lot more than dota but I'd assume most larger cities in the midwest have a group of people that would be willing to do a pubstomp or w.e.

only detroit area esports i know about are these guys and they only play fighting games afaik
https://www.facebook.com/DATCORNBREAD
wayne state university might have a dota org but i dont hear much from them


eieio could u pm me if you get something going on out there?
did mlg have any dota events? I stopped following that circuit since it dropped sc2.

I was looking up stuff online about ignite, but they didn't have much activity in dota since 2014.
I remember western michigan having lan parties for BW years ago, but they seem to have moved on to CS GO and LoL.
Prev 1 2425 2426 2427 2428 2429 10602 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 220
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 195
Terrorterran 18
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm219
League of Legends
Doublelift5964
JimRising 769
Counter-Strike
taco 302
minikerr45
Other Games
summit1g13581
C9.Mang0379
PiLiPiLi12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1205
BasetradeTV187
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP184
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 17m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 17m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 17m
Replay Cast
20h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.