|
|
Russian Federation4050 Posts
On December 01 2013 02:45 Excludos wrote:Show nested quote +On December 01 2013 02:41 Erasme wrote:On December 01 2013 02:39 Excludos wrote:On December 01 2013 02:35 TheYango wrote: You can't action people for that because there are only 3 language selections right now. Actioning people for not speaking any of those 3 is basically just punishing them for being unable to speak English/Russian/Chinese. You would need a complete overhall of the system. But I dont think you should get away clicking on English when you dont speak a word of it. People can talk the language they want, but they should be put togheter with other who speak the same language. I dont see why certain people (three posts above) seems to think this is completely unreasonable to desire. Because Valve doesn't want to enforce stupid limitations Its not a stupid restriction. Its to stop liers from getting away and ruining the experience. I dont think Russians would be very fond if me if I clicked on the russian language, queued in russia, and proceeded to spam Norwegian in chat. I don't know when was the last time you actually read what that language thing in the preferences even means, but you should read it again before calling people liars. You will learn a great many things.
|
On December 01 2013 02:46 Unleashing wrote:Show nested quote +On December 01 2013 02:39 Excludos wrote:On December 01 2013 02:35 TheYango wrote: You can't action people for that because there are only 3 language selections right now. Actioning people for not speaking any of those 3 is basically just punishing them for being unable to speak English/Russian/Chinese. But I dont think you should get away clicking on English when you dont speak a word of it. So what do we do about people that don't speak any of the three languages at a level where communication during a game is viable? Or what about people that don't feel comfortable talking any of the three languages with other because they don't feel they're good enough at the language? Because these people exist. Iiterally answered this in the rest of the post you quoted. It would require an overhaul of the system.
|
On December 01 2013 02:49 dfs wrote:Show nested quote +On December 01 2013 02:45 Excludos wrote:On December 01 2013 02:41 Erasme wrote:On December 01 2013 02:39 Excludos wrote:On December 01 2013 02:35 TheYango wrote: You can't action people for that because there are only 3 language selections right now. Actioning people for not speaking any of those 3 is basically just punishing them for being unable to speak English/Russian/Chinese. You would need a complete overhall of the system. But I dont think you should get away clicking on English when you dont speak a word of it. People can talk the language they want, but they should be put togheter with other who speak the same language. I dont see why certain people (three posts above) seems to think this is completely unreasonable to desire. Because Valve doesn't want to enforce stupid limitations Its not a stupid restriction. Its to stop liers from getting away and ruining the experience. I dont think Russians would be very fond if me if I clicked on the russian language, queued in russia, and proceeded to spam Norwegian in chat. I don't know when was the last time you actually read what that language thing in the preferences even means, but you should read it again. You will learn a great many things.
Id probably learn why it doesn't work currently? Does people ignore on purpose when I said it wouldn't work currently and it would require some kind of overhaul?
|
Lalalaland34507 Posts
My main's DSR is 1025, top 30%. One of my smurfs is 1286, top 5%. Time to put the rest of my smurfs through this...
|
Im probably the worse player here. Player DSR is: 667
This player has a Bronze DSR score (top 80%)
|
On December 01 2013 03:03 Firebolt145 wrote: My main's DSR is 1025, top 30%. One of my smurfs is 1286, top 5%. Time to put the rest of my smurfs through this... Funny, my main is apparently 1247, whatever that means, and it's top10%. So im 39 points behind top5% I guess 
Probably ranked on stupid shit like kda, since I'm such an effective killstealer.
|
On December 01 2013 01:00 toemn wrote:Show nested quote +On December 01 2013 00:48 Erasme wrote:On December 01 2013 00:46 Excludos wrote:On December 01 2013 00:42 solidbebe wrote:On December 01 2013 00:42 Numy wrote:On December 01 2013 00:29 toemn wrote: Two steps in order to make Dota a 10/10 game: - Region Locking - Seperate ranking ladder
Atleast one of these two is implemented in the next big patch, I can feel it. What the fuck. Seriously just what the fuck. Why on EARTH would you WANT region locking. Christ people go so fucking far to make excuses for being shit. 'but but all the russians are ruining my games!!' Only people who havent dealt with it doesnt think its a problem not being able to communicate in a team game. Christ people are so ignorant. "I dont have a problem with it so its not a problem! ". I dont think region locking is the answer tho. I'm sorry I played more than 3k games and I don't have any problem with it. Get better, your games will suck less. 99% of my games are in Very High and I agree there a fewer russians ruining the game (there is still lots of them though). But have you ever played a smurf account or queued with friends? I'm not exaggerating but there are atleast 5 russians in every game. I think you are trolling so I will stop here. And it should be obvious that region locking is not THE solution. Maybe making speaking any other language then what you queued for reportable and after a certain amount of reports disabling the option for queing for that language. There was a really clever solution posted on reddit a few days ago. I think there were non obvious disadvantages to it.
You could be playing front page with Inphinity and Mason and still end up with dumpsters. Dota's matchmaking system is still completely fucked.
|
Play frontpage with WHO ? :S
|
1467 on smurf, higher than EGM, I can't wait to quit my job for pro dota.
This player has a Pro DSR score (top 3%).
My main is only Gold b/c like I don't try and stuff and goof around, clearly this rating system is super good and I am in fact a PRO player.
/cough /cough
|
On December 01 2013 03:28 BlitzerSC wrote: Play frontpage with WHO ? :S
Inphi/Mason are NADota pubstars that are pretty solid, and probably could play for a pro NA team if they wanted to.
|
maybe dignitas wanna pick up one of them, i heard they dont have a team anymore
|
Maybe they could put together an NADota stack with some of the more notable free agents. I think ppd, inphinity, bLeek, Korok and bdiz are available.
|
mason and all those guys are really good pub players and probably have individual skill to compete with professionals but I'm not sure they have the discipline or desire to actually go pro if that makes sense.
|
you think? i dunno you can maybe take 5 of those really good na pub players and see if they maybe have discipline or desire to maybe qualify mlg or smthn
|
United States47024 Posts
Realistically a pubstar with the desire to go pro would have tried hard enough to get onto a team to be known as such in the community already. It's not like the DotA 2 professional scene hasn't already been amenable to players like this who were good enough.
|
On December 01 2013 04:18 LuckoftheIrish wrote: Maybe they could put together an NADota stack with some of the more notable free agents. I think ppd, inphinity, bLeek, Korok and bdiz are available. They had a team with (almost) that lineup, it was called Dignitas
|
On December 01 2013 04:27 teddyoojo wrote: you think? i dunno you can maybe take 5 of those really good na pub players and see if they maybe have discipline or desire to maybe qualify mlg or smthn
i c wat u did thar
|
its a terrible metric/system.. I have 713 or something, yet im always top 5 page/very high skill games, and I just beat EG.MSS in a game this week.. so clearly im not only top 80%.
I always play support/offlane, never 1 or 2. So clearly it has some basis of XP or gold or kills in the system. Not a worthwhile system. Calculate it on win percentage vs other opponents and It makes more sense (or even assists; I get like 20+ assists each game as a support)
|
|
|
Lol Ensoe is #7 right now.
Not sure if this rates your skill or tryhardness.
|
|
|
|
|
|