• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:20
CEST 17:20
KST 00:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War525.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8045 users

General Discussion - Page 4431

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4429 4430 4431 4432 4433 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
SkelA
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Macedonia13090 Posts
November 30 2013 12:40 GMT
#88601
613 , with 90% of very high when i was more active. That ranking simply sucks.
Stork and KHAN fan till 2012 ...
Souone
Profile Joined July 2012
Brazil470 Posts
November 30 2013 13:22 GMT
#88602
Would make sense for DBR to be more accurate since it had all the player pool information available at the time, while DSR probably has to fill a lot of gaps, where there are anonymous players, by inference or something.
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
November 30 2013 13:26 GMT
#88603
On November 30 2013 20:03 givemefive wrote:
DSR is incredibly dumb. No reason to talk about it really. When my 200 win smurf is over 600 points higher than my 2800 games played main account u kno something is just wrong.

DBR actually correct. This is not.

Both are pure crap.
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
November 30 2013 14:32 GMT
#88604
so guys, my smurf has a DSR of 1343, am i good yet?
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
toemn
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany915 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-30 15:35:09
November 30 2013 15:29 GMT
#88605
1178
This player has a Platinum DSR score (top 10%)

I guess I'm bad then. Fuck DBR.

Two steps in order to make Dota a 10/10 game:
- Region Locking
- Seperate ranking ladder

Atleast one of these two is implemented in the next big patch, I can feel it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
November 30 2013 15:40 GMT
#88606
A system that assumes that players in higher skilled games all have a good kda and good farm.
How could they not see the problem in that?

Like you can't have kills without someone dying, so in a game with 10 equally skilled people you are going to have wildly varying ratings
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
November 30 2013 15:40 GMT
#88607
lmao 1050 dsr xd
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
November 30 2013 15:42 GMT
#88608
On December 01 2013 00:29 toemn wrote:
Two steps in order to make Dota a 10/10 game:
- Region Locking
- Seperate ranking ladder

Atleast one of these two is implemented in the next big patch, I can feel it.


What the fuck. Seriously just what the fuck. Why on EARTH would you WANT region locking. Christ people go so fucking far to make excuses for being shit.
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
November 30 2013 15:42 GMT
#88609
On December 01 2013 00:42 Numy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2013 00:29 toemn wrote:
Two steps in order to make Dota a 10/10 game:
- Region Locking
- Seperate ranking ladder

Atleast one of these two is implemented in the next big patch, I can feel it.


What the fuck. Seriously just what the fuck. Why on EARTH would you WANT region locking. Christ people go so fucking far to make excuses for being shit.

'but but all the russians are ruining my games!!'
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
November 30 2013 15:44 GMT
#88610
On December 01 2013 00:42 solidbebe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2013 00:42 Numy wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:29 toemn wrote:
Two steps in order to make Dota a 10/10 game:
- Region Locking
- Seperate ranking ladder

Atleast one of these two is implemented in the next big patch, I can feel it.


What the fuck. Seriously just what the fuck. Why on EARTH would you WANT region locking. Christ people go so fucking far to make excuses for being shit.

'but but all the russians are ruining my games!!'

Xaxaxaxaxaxaxaxaxaxaxa )
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
November 30 2013 15:46 GMT
#88611
On December 01 2013 00:42 solidbebe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2013 00:42 Numy wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:29 toemn wrote:
Two steps in order to make Dota a 10/10 game:
- Region Locking
- Seperate ranking ladder

Atleast one of these two is implemented in the next big patch, I can feel it.


What the fuck. Seriously just what the fuck. Why on EARTH would you WANT region locking. Christ people go so fucking far to make excuses for being shit.

'but but all the russians are ruining my games!!'


Only people who havent dealt with it doesnt think its a problem not being able to communicate in a team game. Christ people are so ignorant. "I dont have a problem with it so its not a problem! ". I dont think region locking is the answer tho.
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
November 30 2013 15:48 GMT
#88612
On December 01 2013 00:46 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2013 00:42 solidbebe wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:42 Numy wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:29 toemn wrote:
Two steps in order to make Dota a 10/10 game:
- Region Locking
- Seperate ranking ladder

Atleast one of these two is implemented in the next big patch, I can feel it.


What the fuck. Seriously just what the fuck. Why on EARTH would you WANT region locking. Christ people go so fucking far to make excuses for being shit.

'but but all the russians are ruining my games!!'


Only people who havent dealt with it doesnt think its a problem not being able to communicate in a team game. Christ people are so ignorant. "I dont have a problem with it so its not a problem! ". I dont think region locking is the answer tho.

I'm sorry I played more than 3k games and I don't have any problem with it. Get better, your games will suck less.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-30 15:53:51
November 30 2013 15:50 GMT
#88613
On December 01 2013 00:48 Erasme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2013 00:46 Excludos wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:42 solidbebe wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:42 Numy wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:29 toemn wrote:
Two steps in order to make Dota a 10/10 game:
- Region Locking
- Seperate ranking ladder

Atleast one of these two is implemented in the next big patch, I can feel it.


What the fuck. Seriously just what the fuck. Why on EARTH would you WANT region locking. Christ people go so fucking far to make excuses for being shit.

'but but all the russians are ruining my games!!'


Only people who havent dealt with it doesnt think its a problem not being able to communicate in a team game. Christ people are so ignorant. "I dont have a problem with it so its not a problem! ". I dont think region locking is the answer tho.

I'm sorry I played more than 3k games and I don't have any problem with it. Get better, your games will suck less.


Yeah. Sorry im not first page yet. I guess your 3k games in tin league is superior knowledge

Edit: just to be clear, i dont know where your games are played and i dont care. I just didnt like the elitist shitthrowing. I have a problem with people who doesnt speak english in dota, and everyone i know or have spoken to have that problem. But since you dont, im sure its just " you're shit get better" and the problem doesnt exist, right?
CustomKal
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada749 Posts
November 30 2013 15:55 GMT
#88614
You know there is another solution right? Play with people you know, or meet people to play with, its really not that hard. I have my friends that I play with all the time, but I also have a group of about 5-6 people who I've met randomly who I'll play with sometimes.

To be fair I met them because they were impressed with my play and friended me.

Also on the note of DSR, it is absolutely pathetic. My account is rated at 720 and goes up to 800 in one game win. It's simply not accurate at all. I might also mention that periodically I get matched against NA pros.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
November 30 2013 15:56 GMT
#88615
On December 01 2013 00:55 CustomKal wrote:
Also on the note of DSR, it is absolutely pathetic. My account is rated at 720 and goes up to 800 in one game win. It's simply not accurate at all. I might also mention that periodically I get matched against NA pros.

There's your problem right there.
Moderator
Teton
Profile Joined May 2010
France1656 Posts
November 30 2013 15:57 GMT
#88616
On December 01 2013 00:29 toemn wrote:
1178
This player has a Platinum DSR score (top 10%)

I guess I'm bad then. Fuck DBR.

Two steps in order to make Dota a 10/10 game:
- Region Locking
- Seperate ranking ladder

Atleast one of these two is implemented in the next big patch, I can feel it.


dividing hte community twice. Genius. Just what we needed for makign the matchmaking system shittier

PS : retard

User was temp banned for this post.
Teton
Profile Joined May 2010
France1656 Posts
November 30 2013 15:57 GMT
#88617
DSR is heavily biased towards winrate and hero kda
CustomKal
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada749 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-30 16:03:48
November 30 2013 16:00 GMT
#88618
On December 01 2013 00:56 Firebolt145 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2013 00:55 CustomKal wrote:
Also on the note of DSR, it is absolutely pathetic. My account is rated at 720 and goes up to 800 in one game win. It's simply not accurate at all. I might also mention that periodically I get matched against NA pros.

There's your problem right there.


Well I don't play on any other server than USE since I hate anything about 60ms latency. Its still a very bad system when it can jump 80 points in literally one game (this is also versus the 2.2k games that I've played for reference). Basically though even if you're a played that plays near the front page, this still isn't accurate. I guess I have into midas gaming if I wanted to get that score up.

I'm also curious as to how this is influenced by your teammates. I queue a lot with friends who are quite a bit below me in skill level and since I'm not an asshole I don't try to play carry/mid every game and now usually end up being a support. Still end up with one of the highest gpm in the game despite usually getting <50 cs since I roam so much.
toemn
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany915 Posts
November 30 2013 16:00 GMT
#88619
On December 01 2013 00:48 Erasme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2013 00:46 Excludos wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:42 solidbebe wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:42 Numy wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:29 toemn wrote:
Two steps in order to make Dota a 10/10 game:
- Region Locking
- Seperate ranking ladder

Atleast one of these two is implemented in the next big patch, I can feel it.


What the fuck. Seriously just what the fuck. Why on EARTH would you WANT region locking. Christ people go so fucking far to make excuses for being shit.

'but but all the russians are ruining my games!!'


Only people who havent dealt with it doesnt think its a problem not being able to communicate in a team game. Christ people are so ignorant. "I dont have a problem with it so its not a problem! ". I dont think region locking is the answer tho.

I'm sorry I played more than 3k games and I don't have any problem with it. Get better, your games will suck less.


99% of my games are in Very High and I agree there a fewer russians ruining the game (there is still lots of them though). But have you ever played a smurf account or queued with friends? I'm not exaggerating but there are atleast 5 russians in every game. I think you are trolling so I will stop here.

And it should be obvious that region locking is not THE solution. Maybe making speaking any other language then what you queued for reportable and after a certain amount of reports disabling the option for queing for that language. There was a really clever solution posted on reddit a few days ago. I think there were non obvious disadvantages to it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
aintz
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada5624 Posts
November 30 2013 16:01 GMT
#88620
well that makes sense cuz my dsr is only 1357, i just fight whocares about kpd.
Prev 1 4429 4430 4431 4432 4433 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 375
TKL 243
CranKy Ducklings195
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1155
TKL 243
ProTech133
Rex 121
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 47216
Free 1699
Horang2 320
firebathero 253
Zeus 184
Trap 123
Last 120
Hyun 76
ToSsGirL 57
soO 33
[ Show more ]
Yoon 23
Rock 22
Bishop 21
Aegong 19
scan(afreeca) 17
Noble 14
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7107
Dendi881
XaKoH 427
420jenkins188
Counter-Strike
fl0m3910
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko470
Other Games
singsing2337
byalli492
Beastyqt487
Mlord368
KnowMe201
mouzStarbuck189
Hui .165
Liquid`VortiX121
DeMusliM110
QueenE84
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP30
• poizon28 11
• Dystopia_ 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 9
• FT.aCt)Sony7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2291
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1517
Other Games
• Shiphtur374
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
1h 41m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 41m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 41m
Patches Events
23h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
OSC
1d 7h
OSC
1d 20h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.