• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:08
CEST 18:08
KST 01:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8429 users

General Discussion - Page 4432

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4430 4431 4432 4433 4434 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-30 16:04:19
November 30 2013 16:03 GMT
#88621
DSR seems like a rating made by the people i met when i played HoN.(Assuming it only cares about winrate, KDA and EXP+GPM)
Because never have i met as many people who thought those stats meant everything as when i played HoN.
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
aintz
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada5624 Posts
November 30 2013 16:05 GMT
#88622
stop the jokes, in hon people people at my rating are actually decent.
BlitzerSC
Profile Joined May 2011
Italy8800 Posts
November 30 2013 16:05 GMT
#88623
People who whine about russians are usually in the trench. I don't believe you are as good as you are trying to make it out to be.
aintz
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada5624 Posts
November 30 2013 16:07 GMT
#88624
i take some russians anyday over brazillians. atleast russians are entertaining.
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
November 30 2013 16:07 GMT
#88625
theyre everywhere cuz mm is shitty but i guess we had this discussion once or twice in this thread already
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
November 30 2013 16:08 GMT
#88626
On December 01 2013 01:00 toemn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2013 00:48 Erasme wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:46 Excludos wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:42 solidbebe wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:42 Numy wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:29 toemn wrote:
Two steps in order to make Dota a 10/10 game:
- Region Locking
- Seperate ranking ladder

Atleast one of these two is implemented in the next big patch, I can feel it.


What the fuck. Seriously just what the fuck. Why on EARTH would you WANT region locking. Christ people go so fucking far to make excuses for being shit.

'but but all the russians are ruining my games!!'


Only people who havent dealt with it doesnt think its a problem not being able to communicate in a team game. Christ people are so ignorant. "I dont have a problem with it so its not a problem! ". I dont think region locking is the answer tho.

I'm sorry I played more than 3k games and I don't have any problem with it. Get better, your games will suck less.


99% of my games are in Very High and I agree there a fewer russians ruining the game (there is still lots of them though). But have you ever played a smurf account or queued with friends? I'm not exaggerating but there are atleast 5 russians in every game. I think you are trolling so I will stop here.


See there's a huge assumption you are making here. In smurf games with friends the players are ALWAYS bad regardless of what language they speak. It's because of the level of play that games are shit not because of russians. You'll get leavers, trolls and assholes in any language or race at that level.
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-30 16:15:29
November 30 2013 16:14 GMT
#88627
On December 01 2013 00:29 toemn wrote:
1178
This player has a Platinum DSR score (top 10%)

I guess I'm bad then. Fuck DBR.

Two steps in order to make Dota a 10/10 game:
- Region Locking
- Seperate ranking ladder

Atleast one of these two is implemented in the next big patch, I can feel it.

no. your ideas are bad.

only problem with russians is the communication, bad players come from every country

/e
On December 01 2013 01:07 aintz wrote:
i take some russians anyday over brazillians. atleast russians are entertaining.


i would name the last russian i got 'techno russian' because he would shout on voice chat when shit was happening whilst he had blaring techno going on in the background
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-30 17:07:09
November 30 2013 17:06 GMT
#88628
On November 30 2013 19:14 Stancel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2013 18:04 Firebolt145 wrote:
Player number 36931272 DSR is:

1025

This player has a Gold DSR score (top 30%).


I'm awful at this game.


Mine's 1035

I don't know if I should be relieved or cry when I compare it to yours.


It clearly reflects the tryhardness from sea region, or it is simply broken lol.

i am still waiting for my queue for both my accounts, main probably will look ugly since i stacked with casual friends too much.
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-30 17:28:29
November 30 2013 17:25 GMT
#88629
On December 01 2013 00:50 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2013 00:48 Erasme wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:46 Excludos wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:42 solidbebe wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:42 Numy wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:29 toemn wrote:
Two steps in order to make Dota a 10/10 game:
- Region Locking
- Seperate ranking ladder

Atleast one of these two is implemented in the next big patch, I can feel it.


What the fuck. Seriously just what the fuck. Why on EARTH would you WANT region locking. Christ people go so fucking far to make excuses for being shit.

'but but all the russians are ruining my games!!'


Only people who havent dealt with it doesnt think its a problem not being able to communicate in a team game. Christ people are so ignorant. "I dont have a problem with it so its not a problem! ". I dont think region locking is the answer tho.

I'm sorry I played more than 3k games and I don't have any problem with it. Get better, your games will suck less.


Yeah. Sorry im not first page yet. I guess your 3k games in tin league is superior knowledge

Edit: just to be clear, i dont know where your games are played and i dont care. I just didnt like the elitist shitthrowing. I have a problem with people who doesnt speak english in dota, and everyone i know or have spoken to have that problem. But since you dont, im sure its just " you're shit get better" and the problem doesnt exist, right?

I'll acknowledge that it's a problem, but I simply don't feel region locking solves enough problems to be worth removing my ability to play with EU TLers.

Russians play on the EU servers because there's no real benefit to them playing on the Russian server (it's in Stockholm anyway, so many of them get similar ping to the EU servers regardless and they naturally get a lot faster queue times due to more people playing on them). Region locking honestly wouldn't fix anything, IMO, because if they really want to play on EU, they can even with region-locking. Having a proper Russian server is the answer even if you feel Russians playing on EU is a problem, not region locking.
Moderator
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
November 30 2013 17:31 GMT
#88630
On December 01 2013 00:50 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2013 00:48 Erasme wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:46 Excludos wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:42 solidbebe wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:42 Numy wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:29 toemn wrote:
Two steps in order to make Dota a 10/10 game:
- Region Locking
- Seperate ranking ladder

Atleast one of these two is implemented in the next big patch, I can feel it.


What the fuck. Seriously just what the fuck. Why on EARTH would you WANT region locking. Christ people go so fucking far to make excuses for being shit.

'but but all the russians are ruining my games!!'


Only people who havent dealt with it doesnt think its a problem not being able to communicate in a team game. Christ people are so ignorant. "I dont have a problem with it so its not a problem! ". I dont think region locking is the answer tho.

I'm sorry I played more than 3k games and I don't have any problem with it. Get better, your games will suck less.


Yeah. Sorry im not first page yet. I guess your 3k games in tin league is superior knowledge

Edit: just to be clear, i dont know where your games are played and i dont care. I just didnt like the elitist shitthrowing. I have a problem with people who doesnt speak english in dota, and everyone i know or have spoken to have that problem. But since you dont, im sure its just " you're shit get better" and the problem doesnt exist, right?

That's actually a big part of it, the rest is scapegoating.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
November 30 2013 17:34 GMT
#88631
On December 01 2013 02:25 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2013 00:50 Excludos wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:48 Erasme wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:46 Excludos wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:42 solidbebe wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:42 Numy wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:29 toemn wrote:
Two steps in order to make Dota a 10/10 game:
- Region Locking
- Seperate ranking ladder

Atleast one of these two is implemented in the next big patch, I can feel it.


What the fuck. Seriously just what the fuck. Why on EARTH would you WANT region locking. Christ people go so fucking far to make excuses for being shit.

'but but all the russians are ruining my games!!'


Only people who havent dealt with it doesnt think its a problem not being able to communicate in a team game. Christ people are so ignorant. "I dont have a problem with it so its not a problem! ". I dont think region locking is the answer tho.

I'm sorry I played more than 3k games and I don't have any problem with it. Get better, your games will suck less.


Yeah. Sorry im not first page yet. I guess your 3k games in tin league is superior knowledge

Edit: just to be clear, i dont know where your games are played and i dont care. I just didnt like the elitist shitthrowing. I have a problem with people who doesnt speak english in dota, and everyone i know or have spoken to have that problem. But since you dont, im sure its just " you're shit get better" and the problem doesnt exist, right?

I'll acknowledge that it's a problem, but I simply don't feel region locking solves enough problems to be worth removing my ability to play with EU TLers.

Russians play on the EU servers because there's no real benefit to them playing on the Russian server (it's in Stockholm anyway, so many of them get similar ping to the EU servers regardless and they naturally get a lot faster queue times due to more people playing on them). Region locking honestly wouldn't fix anything, IMO, because if they really want to play on EU, they can even with region-locking. Having a proper Russian server is the answer even if you feel Russians playing on EU is a problem, not region locking.


I completely agree. I honestly dont know what could work, but being able to report people for crossing off english while not speaking it seems like a decent idea. Altough that would require removing the current muting system.
BlitzerSC
Profile Joined May 2011
Italy8800 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-30 17:36:02
November 30 2013 17:34 GMT
#88632
Server location in Europe is just retarded anyways. AFAIK Russian server is located in Sweden and Europe East server is located in Austria. It doesn't make any sense.

On December 01 2013 02:34 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2013 02:25 TheYango wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:50 Excludos wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:48 Erasme wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:46 Excludos wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:42 solidbebe wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:42 Numy wrote:
On December 01 2013 00:29 toemn wrote:
Two steps in order to make Dota a 10/10 game:
- Region Locking
- Seperate ranking ladder

Atleast one of these two is implemented in the next big patch, I can feel it.


What the fuck. Seriously just what the fuck. Why on EARTH would you WANT region locking. Christ people go so fucking far to make excuses for being shit.

'but but all the russians are ruining my games!!'


Only people who havent dealt with it doesnt think its a problem not being able to communicate in a team game. Christ people are so ignorant. "I dont have a problem with it so its not a problem! ". I dont think region locking is the answer tho.

I'm sorry I played more than 3k games and I don't have any problem with it. Get better, your games will suck less.


Yeah. Sorry im not first page yet. I guess your 3k games in tin league is superior knowledge

Edit: just to be clear, i dont know where your games are played and i dont care. I just didnt like the elitist shitthrowing. I have a problem with people who doesnt speak english in dota, and everyone i know or have spoken to have that problem. But since you dont, im sure its just " you're shit get better" and the problem doesnt exist, right?

I'll acknowledge that it's a problem, but I simply don't feel region locking solves enough problems to be worth removing my ability to play with EU TLers.

Russians play on the EU servers because there's no real benefit to them playing on the Russian server (it's in Stockholm anyway, so many of them get similar ping to the EU servers regardless and they naturally get a lot faster queue times due to more people playing on them). Region locking honestly wouldn't fix anything, IMO, because if they really want to play on EU, they can even with region-locking. Having a proper Russian server is the answer even if you feel Russians playing on EU is a problem, not region locking.


I completely agree. I honestly dont know what could work, but being able to report people for crossing off english while not speaking it seems like a decent idea. Altough that would require removing the current muting system.


No, it's not a decent idea. Just accept that people can talk every language they want.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 30 2013 17:35 GMT
#88633
You can't action people for that because there are only 3 language selections right now. Actioning people for not speaking any of those 3 is basically just punishing them for being unable to speak English/Russian/Chinese.
Moderator
dfs
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Russian Federation4050 Posts
November 30 2013 17:37 GMT
#88634
Having a server that is actually located in Russia will not change much, because all EU servers have acceptable pings to half of the country anyway.
Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/Q1jSb9X.jpg (c) Shiro; http://i.imgur.com/lSDLLKb.png (c) drav
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-30 17:40:40
November 30 2013 17:39 GMT
#88635
On December 01 2013 02:35 TheYango wrote:
You can't action people for that because there are only 3 language selections right now. Actioning people for not speaking any of those 3 is basically just punishing them for being unable to speak English/Russian/Chinese.


You would need a complete overhall of the system. But I dont think you should get away clicking on English when you dont speak a word of it. People can talk the language they want, but they should be put togheter with other who speak the same language. I dont see why certain people (three posts above) seems to think this is completely unreasonable to desire.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 30 2013 17:40 GMT
#88636
Obviously that means they need to move the EUW server to USE. Problem solved.
Moderator
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
November 30 2013 17:41 GMT
#88637
On December 01 2013 02:39 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2013 02:35 TheYango wrote:
You can't action people for that because there are only 3 language selections right now. Actioning people for not speaking any of those 3 is basically just punishing them for being unable to speak English/Russian/Chinese.


You would need a complete overhall of the system. But I dont think you should get away clicking on English when you dont speak a word of it. People can talk the language they want, but they should be put togheter with other who speak the same language. I dont see why certain people (three posts above) seems to think this is completely unreasonable to desire.

Because Valve doesn't want to enforce stupid limitations
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
November 30 2013 17:45 GMT
#88638
On December 01 2013 02:41 Erasme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2013 02:39 Excludos wrote:
On December 01 2013 02:35 TheYango wrote:
You can't action people for that because there are only 3 language selections right now. Actioning people for not speaking any of those 3 is basically just punishing them for being unable to speak English/Russian/Chinese.


You would need a complete overhall of the system. But I dont think you should get away clicking on English when you dont speak a word of it. People can talk the language they want, but they should be put togheter with other who speak the same language. I dont see why certain people (three posts above) seems to think this is completely unreasonable to desire.

Because Valve doesn't want to enforce stupid limitations


Its not a stupid restriction. Its to stop liers from getting away and ruining the experience. I dont think Russians would be very fond if me if I clicked on the russian language, queued in russia, and proceeded to spam Norwegian in chat.
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
November 30 2013 17:46 GMT
#88639
On December 01 2013 02:39 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2013 02:35 TheYango wrote:
You can't action people for that because there are only 3 language selections right now. Actioning people for not speaking any of those 3 is basically just punishing them for being unable to speak English/Russian/Chinese.

But I dont think you should get away clicking on English when you dont speak a word of it.

So what do we do about people that don't speak any of the three languages at a level where communication during a game is viable? Or what about people that don't feel comfortable talking any of the three languages with other because they don't feel they're good enough at the language? Because these people exist.
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 30 2013 17:48 GMT
#88640
In fairness, the default behavior needs to be more obvious. Not selecting any language puts you in queues for all 3, which is not indicated in any way, not what anyone would expect, and probably confused at least a few people who legitimately don't speak those 3 languages.
Moderator
Prev 1 4430 4431 4432 4433 4434 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech152
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38561
Leta 650
Horang2 290
firebathero 206
Trap 152
Zeus 113
Hyun 67
soO 59
ToSsGirL 39
Aegong 25
[ Show more ]
Rock 23
scan(afreeca) 17
Noble 14
Bishop 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc8842
Dendi870
XaKoH 305
420jenkins200
Counter-Strike
fl0m4284
Other Games
singsing2136
Beastyqt621
Mlord340
mouzStarbuck334
byalli270
KnowMe225
Hui .181
QueenE89
BRAT_OK 2
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 60
• 3DClanTV 24
• Adnapsc2 10
• Response 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach42
• FirePhoenix17
• Michael_bg 8
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1254
Other Games
• Shiphtur544
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
52m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 52m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 52m
Patches Events
22h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
OSC
1d 6h
OSC
1d 19h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.