General Discussion - Page 4399
| Forum Index > Dota 2 General |
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2 Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads. | ||
|
teapoted
United Kingdom24425 Posts
| ||
|
RuskiPanda
United States2906 Posts
| ||
|
TheYango
United States47024 Posts
On November 23 2013 14:50 RuskiPanda wrote: I also think you're overestimating how much average dota 2 fans (or MLG viewers) care about "promoting Esports" or whatever. I would assume that anyone who actually cares enough to pay money and take time out of their normal schedule to GO to MLG means they care enough about the event's existence to be disappointed if another one doesn't happen. We're not talking about Twitch chat here, we're talking about people who went out of their way to pay money and make time to go to the event. Which means they're at least invested enough in the experience for that cost to be worthwhile to them. | ||
|
Staboteur
Canada1873 Posts
On November 23 2013 14:28 Plansix wrote: Blah blah blah, they need to toughen up and put on their big boy pants. Some 14-16 year olds said mean things, life is so hard. Eagles fans would throw D batteries at the other team. Until acid fill peices of metal fly through the air, the cool million alliance won can help them deal with the mean teenagers. I still remember you taking offense to the term "casual" in reference to gamers elsewhere on these forums. Which brings context to the query: "What the actual fuck?" | ||
|
RuskiPanda
United States2906 Posts
| ||
|
Kupon3ss
時の回廊10066 Posts
On November 23 2013 14:52 TheYango wrote: I would assume that anyone who actually cares enough to pay money and take time out of their normal schedule to GO to MLG means they care enough about the event's existence to be disappointed if another one doesn't happen. We're not talking about Twitch chat here, we're talking about people who went out of their way to pay money and make time to go to the event. Which means they're at least invested enough in the experience for that cost to be worthwhile to them. At least they're not booing loud enough to be heard on stream | ||
|
Kuroeeah
11696 Posts
| ||
|
suicideyear
Ivory Coast3016 Posts
| ||
|
teapoted
United Kingdom24425 Posts
On November 23 2013 14:52 TheYango wrote: While I agree that they care I don't think they really understand that.I would assume that anyone who actually cares enough to pay money to GO to MLG means they care enough about the event's existence to be disappointed if another one doesn't happen. Like I was watching a PoE race last year or so. And one guy has a bunch of fans of course. So they all go into the streams of their opponents and say their shit and they shouldn't be racing and bla bla. As it turns out, if the other people weren't racing, it wouldn't even have been a close competition, it wouldn't have been interesting at all. But these people don't really think that far ahead. | ||
|
Rybka
United States836 Posts
"A few people were dicks to me. F--- everyone in this room, and this place." As for getting booed, zero sympathy to be honest. It happens in every competitive venue. Most competitors draw energy off of it. | ||
|
Staboteur
Canada1873 Posts
On November 23 2013 15:03 Rybka wrote: I like (hate) how a generalization of what one or a few people said now applies to the entire crowd... and worse yet, "Americans"... even worse than putting it on just the crowd in the room. "A few people were dicks to me. F--- everyone in this room, and this place." As for getting booed, zero sympathy to be honest. It happens in every competitive venue. Most competitors draw energy off of it. One, that goes both ways. Two, who is even doing that? | ||
|
Cool Cat
United States1644 Posts
| ||
|
Skullflower
United States3779 Posts
On November 23 2013 13:22 Jaaaaasper wrote: And according to kelly milkies alliance were shaking in fear in the booths. I think we have a possible recipient for most ridiculous use of hyperbole in 2013. Pretty sure she already deleted it from reddit. I'd like to point out that this, unlike what loda said on twitter, is not the first hostile/rude crowd alliance has dealt with, leading me to question the sound proofing of the booths. what a bunch of pansies | ||
|
Elurie
4716 Posts
When MC said "I kill you" [tm Achmed] to his opponent on stage, did anyone get bent out of shape over it? zomg MC said he's going to kill someone! Throw him out of the venue asap! #banned People probably cheered that Loda's hero died in game, geez! | ||
|
Excludos
Norway8279 Posts
On November 23 2013 15:54 Elurie wrote: I think the "die loda" thing is blown way out of proportion. Shaking in their booths, really? When MC said "I kill you" [tm Achmed] to his opponent on stage, did anyone get bent out of shape over it? zomg MC said he's going to kill someone! Throw him out of the venue asap! #banned People probably cheered that Loda's hero died in game, geez! A funny comeback or remark is vastly different to a holligan shouting profanity. Like other people said, because its accepted in other sports doesn't mean we have to. We should be better than this. | ||
|
Jaaaaasper
United States10225 Posts
On November 23 2013 14:41 LuckoftheIrish wrote: Godz says he didn't hear anything out of the ordinary. And the more video games become esports, the more like actual sports they become. Partisan crowds come with the territory. Sometimes it manifests as fans jumping up and down to throw off your rhythm. Other times it's Manchester United singing 'sit down you paedophile' for ninety minutes every match for ten years. I don't see any reason to feel sorry for Loda, nor Paddy Kenny after he got the 'you would have saved it if it was a pie' treatment. One of the things that needs to be mentioned, is that this is dota. Yelling at someone to die in a dota game can have a very different meaning that telling someone to die at a sporting event. It could be a misunderstanding by loda blown out of proportion by reddit and the alliance team manager, assuming that she really said and deleted that and I didn't fall for a troll. I've yelled at a dota player to die while watching a game, but I don't want loda to have a heart attack because he blew his buyback and is at 50 health running away from dendi with the game on the line. MLG crowds have never been shy about rooting for a certain player loudly, and that could be what all of this is about. For that matter a later tweet was him saying it was just a couple of people, and not to make a big deal out of it. | ||
|
SilverStar
Sweden18511 Posts
On November 23 2013 15:03 Rybka wrote: I like (hate) how a generalization of what one or a few people said now applies to the entire crowd... and worse yet, "Americans"... even worse than putting it on just the crowd in the room. "A few people were dicks to me. F--- everyone in this room, and this place." As for getting booed, zero sympathy to be honest. It happens in every competitive venue. Most competitors draw energy off of it. The same way I feel about the constant Russian bashing in the Dota 2 community. | ||
|
pyro19
6575 Posts
But I'd much rather have a first hand account of a TLer who is attending MLG | ||
|
BlitzerSC
Italy8800 Posts
| ||
|
FinestHour
United States18466 Posts
| ||
| ||