|
|
On November 23 2013 23:23 LeLoup wrote:Show nested quote +On November 23 2013 23:19 SilverStar wrote:On November 23 2013 23:15 MrCon wrote: They said they had more people than at Anaheim, which was 21000 spectators (over the weekend) :o that is a lot. I thought you made a mistake but yeah that is nice. Plus you have the secret shop sales which are probably going well too. Not to mention if they made any money from the bundle that they were selling. I'd say that Dota 2 has been pretty good for them in its inaugural run.
Adam said on Reddit they make a little.
|
Would be hard to make a ton if you need to get hold a venue this large for so many days, with so many casters and equipment. Happy for MLG nonetheless and hope they'll make this pro circuit occur more often, preferably with some SEA teams invited this time.
|
On November 23 2013 23:30 Grettin wrote:Show nested quote +On November 23 2013 23:23 LeLoup wrote:On November 23 2013 23:19 SilverStar wrote:On November 23 2013 23:15 MrCon wrote: They said they had more people than at Anaheim, which was 21000 spectators (over the weekend) :o that is a lot. I thought you made a mistake but yeah that is nice. Plus you have the secret shop sales which are probably going well too. Not to mention if they made any money from the bundle that they were selling. I'd say that Dota 2 has been pretty good for them in its inaugural run. Adam said on Reddit they make a little. Not sure how serious you can these kind of statements. Obviously it isn't their main income that still will be people attending and sponsors but having sold 33'000 online tickets from which they make probably around 2.00-2.50 per ticket after deduction still gives you a good 60'000 - 80'000 USD which you don't have when you show other games.
|
Always thought that valve takes 75% of the cut from their sales so MLG gets only 2.5$ per ticket which get added to the prize pool.
|
On November 23 2013 23:53 SilverStar wrote:Show nested quote +On November 23 2013 23:30 Grettin wrote:On November 23 2013 23:23 LeLoup wrote:On November 23 2013 23:19 SilverStar wrote:On November 23 2013 23:15 MrCon wrote: They said they had more people than at Anaheim, which was 21000 spectators (over the weekend) :o that is a lot. I thought you made a mistake but yeah that is nice. Plus you have the secret shop sales which are probably going well too. Not to mention if they made any money from the bundle that they were selling. I'd say that Dota 2 has been pretty good for them in its inaugural run. Adam said on Reddit they make a little. Not sure how serious you can these kind of statements. Obviously it isn't their main income that still will be people attending and sponsors but having sold 33'000 online tickets from which they make probably around 2.00-2.50 per ticket after deduction still gives you a good 60'000 - 80'000 USD which you don't have when you show other games. Its unclear how where MLG is making the majority of their profits, but I bet its any from any sort of ticket sales. Like movies, I bet the tickets just go toward covering the cost of holding the event, while other things like food sales and promotions are where the cream comes from. The same goes for the online ticket sales. I don't think MLG is doing poorly or anything, but the huge numbers from the online tickets doesn't mean they are making bank off of them.
|
What happened the last few pages reminded me of the debacle with bad manners at fighting games. Except the argument "It has always been like this in fighting games" it now goes "It is like this football/soccer etc." This is separate to whether Loda/Kellymilkies are exaggerating what apparently were 3 fans in the frontrow.
The only video game related event I know of that had bad behaving crowds was WoW related, in which Blizzard employees riled the crowd up "horde is best, alliance sucks ass"(oh the irony). People in alliance(WoW) t-shirts were actually physically harrassed at that event.
Hostile environments at events are an absolute no-go. According to reports it wasn't like that this time, but that doesn't make it better that people here in this thread defend such behavior in general for whatever reason.
|
bots have been busy all day, when i get to end of queue and complete a trade it fails or says error bot is full
ps pbs v navi, one time tt
|
|
|
On November 24 2013 00:53 Mataza wrote: What happened the last few pages reminded me of the debacle with bad manners at fighting games. Except the argument "It has always been like this in fighting games" it now goes "It is like this football/soccer etc." This is separate to whether Loda/Kellymilkies are exaggerating what apparently were 3 fans in the frontrow.
The only video game related event I know of that had bad behaving crowds was WoW related, in which Blizzard employees riled the crowd up "horde is best, alliance sucks ass"(oh the irony). People in alliance(WoW) t-shirts were actually physically harrassed at that event.
Hostile environments at events are an absolute no-go. According to reports it wasn't like that this time, but that doesn't make it better that people here in this thread defend such behavior in general for whatever reason. Its all about nuance and context. In this case is was just someone saying some mean things. In your example it is someone being physical harassed. We can support some fun trash talking with no intent of violence or harassment and not feed into a whole culture of physical harassment. We are all grown up and some good natured trash talking can be fine as long as people don't take it to far.
That is a super cute photo, hopefully this dissuades Alliance from thinking that all Americas are rude jerks.
|
I dont understand reddit, where are the photos?
|
click on the thread title
|
On November 24 2013 01:58 solidbebe wrote: I dont understand reddit, where are the photos?
Oh, I should've just done this. http://i.imgur.com/XOXNxae.jpg
|
I love this picture:
|
On November 24 2013 01:27 Plansix wrote:That is a super cute photo, hopefully this dissuades Alliance from thinking that all Americas are rude jerks.
(Some dude from twitter) "You generalise an entire audience and even country over what was I assume no more than a few people?"
(Loda) "did u even read what I wrote? I wrote that the vast majority were nice. 1 min after the tweet about "fuck loda""
(Loda) "I met A LOT of nice American fans/people today. You guys really really cheered me up when I needed it! #MLGColumbus you have impressed me!"
Seem like appropriate quotes from Loda's twitter. I don't even follow twitter, but people were claiming there was some serious 'merica-bashing going on, so I went to go see what it was all about. Much to my disappointment, there was basically no drama at all 
Does it say on reddit that Loda was bashing 'merica on his twitter, or something? It's a theory I've heard more than once but still haven't seen the root of.
|
You know, since Sigma International is a legitimate team, we might someday see Team Kappa.
|
Vatican City State2902 Posts
If SK gaming ever picks up a team again (does SK even exist anymore?) they should call their team Sigma Kappa.
|
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
On November 24 2013 03:19 Kishin2 wrote: You know, since Sigma International is a legitimate team, we might someday see Team Kappa. Oh my jimmies
|
On November 24 2013 03:19 Kishin2 wrote: You know, since Sigma International is a legitimate team, we might someday see Team Kappa.
mhmm, oh you :D
|
United Kingdom14103 Posts
On November 24 2013 03:19 Kishin2 wrote: You know, since Sigma International is a legitimate team, we might someday see Team Kappa. T_T don't give me nightmares
|
MLG Columbus has been pretty excellent so far, no real tech problems, nice production, solid casts on all 3 streams
i'm impressed
|
|
|
|
|
|