|
|
On November 22 2013 03:14 Comeh wrote: The worst is when im a carry about to die from a gank and I'm trying to spend my unreliable gold (but forgot to put my next item in quickbuy), i'll just mash TP a few times to spend the money.
...And then i will check the courier and see 2 tp's on it already. 5 TPs on a carry seems a bit redundant.
be like lovedrop
PAUSE THE GAME RIGHT BEFORE YOU DIE go into shop, drag desired item (with cheap components preferably) into quickbuy let them ?????? Y PAUSE? REASON? as they unpause, right click the quick buy items asap
profit and by profit i mean don't lose gold
|
On November 22 2013 05:14 Velr wrote:Show nested quote +On November 22 2013 04:19 MrCon wrote:On November 22 2013 00:51 Plansix wrote:On November 22 2013 00:36 Comeh wrote:On November 22 2013 00:35 Numy wrote: Who expects mid to gank at level 3 wtf. Really really low level pubs. Theses are the same people who don't know how a smoke gank works. Last night someone said "it's useless, they can see you if you get close." So I solo smoke ganked mid. When I played dota smoke didn't exist, so when I started to play dota 2 I thought smoke was a mass invisibility :D I followed a hero then I didn't understand how he could see me  Happened to me too. Smoke seemed so bloody imbalanced... Then i realised that it breaks (but didn't understand why)... :D
on the one hand, it's good for knowing when a riki is following you so you can insta tp out
|
Vatican City State2902 Posts
On November 22 2013 04:28 FuzzyJAM wrote:Show nested quote +On November 22 2013 03:21 dfs wrote: You can never have too many tps. Besides, you always want to have extra to block teammate's inventory when you do roshan. How does having multiple TPs help out here? I thought you could only move items as a unit - e.g. if you have 2 TPs (owned by same player), you can't drop just one, you have to drop both. Or can you separately move them about? If so, that actually seems a pretty useful thing I don't know. Not necessarily for the Roshan, but moreso other things. it would be incredibly strong for level 1 roshan. each support could buy 2 or 3 TP's and give them to the other heroes who would be able to start with full items and a level 1 rosh.
|
Btw. what was changed in 6.79? That smoke is no longer revealed when walking past a ward right?
|
On November 22 2013 05:49 SilverStar wrote: Btw. what was changed in 6.79? That smoke is no longer revealed when walking past a ward right? Right - sentries don't show smoked heroes anymore.
|
minimap is a no smoking within 20 feet zone
|
On November 22 2013 05:48 Nocticate wrote:Show nested quote +On November 22 2013 04:28 FuzzyJAM wrote:On November 22 2013 03:21 dfs wrote: You can never have too many tps. Besides, you always want to have extra to block teammate's inventory when you do roshan. How does having multiple TPs help out here? I thought you could only move items as a unit - e.g. if you have 2 TPs (owned by same player), you can't drop just one, you have to drop both. Or can you separately move them about? If so, that actually seems a pretty useful thing I don't know. Not necessarily for the Roshan, but moreso other things. it would be incredibly strong for level 1 roshan. each support could buy 2 or 3 TP's and give them to the other heroes who would be able to start with full items and a level 1 rosh. You can still do that lol You just have to stagger the purchasing and gifting/dropping
|
Vatican City State2902 Posts
On November 22 2013 05:56 Sn0_Man wrote:Show nested quote +On November 22 2013 05:48 Nocticate wrote:On November 22 2013 04:28 FuzzyJAM wrote:On November 22 2013 03:21 dfs wrote: You can never have too many tps. Besides, you always want to have extra to block teammate's inventory when you do roshan. How does having multiple TPs help out here? I thought you could only move items as a unit - e.g. if you have 2 TPs (owned by same player), you can't drop just one, you have to drop both. Or can you separately move them about? If so, that actually seems a pretty useful thing I don't know. Not necessarily for the Roshan, but moreso other things. it would be incredibly strong for level 1 roshan. each support could buy 2 or 3 TP's and give them to the other heroes who would be able to start with full items and a level 1 rosh. You can still do that lol You just have to stagger the purchasing and gifting/dropping Time's of the essence though.
|
2 supports, 1 buys 2 tps 1 buys 3? less than a second to buy and drop imo. Cores are responsible to pick up 1 tp and buy their items. EZ.
|
Yeah, starladder getting bigger and bigger http://dota2.starladder.tv/news/4106
I think this is the first time that Tobi is not part of the main caster lineup. So Joindota is preparing something else.
|
That looked like $40K prize pool + $10K in travel support?
|
On November 22 2013 06:48 Sn0_Man wrote: That looked like $40K prize pool + $10K in travel support? The article is in English... Yes + increase via tickets.
|
On November 22 2013 06:51 SilverStar wrote:Show nested quote +On November 22 2013 06:48 Sn0_Man wrote: That looked like $40K prize pool + $10K in travel support? The article is in English... Yes + increase via tickets. I'm gonna go with "you have google autotranslate on"
|
On November 22 2013 06:53 Sn0_Man wrote:Show nested quote +On November 22 2013 06:51 SilverStar wrote:On November 22 2013 06:48 Sn0_Man wrote: That looked like $40K prize pool + $10K in travel support? The article is in English... Yes + increase via tickets. I'm gonna go with "you have google autotranslate on" No I press the button that says "in English".
Easy to follow guide:
|
So what you meant to say was "you can view it in english". In which case it appears you are correct but the linked article was definitely in russian. I didn't notice that button.
Whatever I got all the info I needed.
|
United Kingdom14103 Posts
On November 22 2013 03:29 Plansix wrote:Show nested quote +On November 22 2013 03:14 Comeh wrote: The worst is when im a carry about to die from a gank and I'm trying to spend my unreliable gold (but forgot to put my next item in quickbuy), i'll just mash TP a few times to spend the money.
...And then i will check the courier and see 2 tp's on it already. 5 TPs on a carry seems a bit redundant. Your investing in the future. Buy TPs now, then you can afford those needed items later. Plus you get bonus gold from all those ganks and kill steals you can now do thanks to those extra TPs. You don't need 2 TPs for those kills and assists. You need 1.
|
Your vehement disapproval of carrying 2 tp's is incredibly dumb.
Story time. I'm lion, playing for radiant. Im supporting my carry bottom (say I'm level 5). My mid is getting ganked so I tp mid in response. We get a double kill and decide to push the tower off of that. It takes a while since we are kinda low level but the enemy doesn't feel confident enough to defend so about when my tp comes off CD we take the tower. I wander towards top to drop a ward and as I'm doing that they try to gank my carry bottom. I'm full mana (due to mana drain) and at a reasonable HP total. I NEED A 2ND TP. I'm at top rune I have 0 chance of getting a TP in time. Carrying a 2nd tp makes all the difference.
Now you say, "But Sn0_Man, as soon as the fight finished you should fly yourself out a TP". A) no thats too hard for no gain over just carrying an extra B) when we took the tower my carry stole the courier from me because he needed whatever item he wanted. He's the carry and he'd go apeshit if I tried to take it back. C) We were pushing onto the other side of the river and it doesn't make sense to bring the courier there.
Sure this circumstance is fairly specific but comparable situations requiring 2 TPs happen ALL the time and the actual cost of carrying 2 TP's is nothing lol.
|
think about it this way 1 TP is 135 5 TPs are 680 but infinite TPs + the fastest boots are just 2450
invest in the future today fnatic are visionaries of a brighter tommorrow
|
On November 22 2013 07:01 Targe wrote:Show nested quote +On November 22 2013 03:29 Plansix wrote:On November 22 2013 03:14 Comeh wrote: The worst is when im a carry about to die from a gank and I'm trying to spend my unreliable gold (but forgot to put my next item in quickbuy), i'll just mash TP a few times to spend the money.
...And then i will check the courier and see 2 tp's on it already. 5 TPs on a carry seems a bit redundant. Your investing in the future. Buy TPs now, then you can afford those needed items later. Plus you get bonus gold from all those ganks and kill steals you can now do thanks to those extra TPs. You don't need 2 TPs for those kills and assists. You need 1. Blah blah blah, I need tr second TP for when we are pushing mid after the gank and then need to TP back to protect the pushed other lane that is being pushed. #planning101
|
midas -> bots
new support meta
|
|
|
|
|
|