• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:41
CEST 14:41
KST 21:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War15.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202619Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10706 users

General Discussion - Page 4384

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
November 21 2013 18:10 GMT
#87661
On November 22 2013 03:06 Sn0_Man wrote:
The only problem with my 2 tp habit is sometimes I buy 2 TP's, run to lane, have big teamfight, run home, then unthinkingly buy 2 more tp's. Now how am I supposed to use 4 TP's? (obviously at that point I just tp to lane because fuck it).
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 03:06 TheYango wrote:
The main problem with the "buy 2 TPs" rule is that it gets people in the habit of TPing from base to lane when in most cases you need to evaluate the likelihood that you need that TP in the next 65 seconds.

If you're a mid hero and you went home, and the enemy mid pushed lane into tower, your first instinct will be to TP so you don't miss that farm, but if he pushed lane into tower, it's likely that he's going to grab a rune and one of your sidelanes may be in danger in the next 30 seconds. If you blow that TP, then you increase the danger to then and lose out on a potential big counter-kill against the opposing mid.

Maybe buying 2 tp's all the time enables bad decision making, but IMO thats just mid not thinking it through. Which happens all the time but I find it REALLY hard to believe that if he bought 1 tp he'd make a different decision.

Ok, I'm not a robot, I can count. If I have 2 TP, I don't buy more. They arnt warbonds.

Though I kind of want an Uncle Sam poster that says "support your team: buy a scroll of town portal & wards"
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
canikizu
Profile Joined September 2010
4860 Posts
November 21 2013 18:12 GMT
#87662
On November 22 2013 03:10 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 03:06 Sn0_Man wrote:
The only problem with my 2 tp habit is sometimes I buy 2 TP's, run to lane, have big teamfight, run home, then unthinkingly buy 2 more tp's. Now how am I supposed to use 4 TP's? (obviously at that point I just tp to lane because fuck it).
On November 22 2013 03:06 TheYango wrote:
The main problem with the "buy 2 TPs" rule is that it gets people in the habit of TPing from base to lane when in most cases you need to evaluate the likelihood that you need that TP in the next 65 seconds.

If you're a mid hero and you went home, and the enemy mid pushed lane into tower, your first instinct will be to TP so you don't miss that farm, but if he pushed lane into tower, it's likely that he's going to grab a rune and one of your sidelanes may be in danger in the next 30 seconds. If you blow that TP, then you increase the danger to then and lose out on a potential big counter-kill against the opposing mid.

Maybe buying 2 tp's all the time enables bad decision making, but IMO thats just mid not thinking it through. Which happens all the time but I find it REALLY hard to believe that if he bought 1 tp he'd make a different decision.

Ok, I'm not a robot, I can count. If I have 2 TP, I don't buy more. They arnt warbonds.

Though I kind of want an Uncle Sam poster that says "support your team: buy a scroll of town portal & wards"

They should have some random sales at random time in the game.
Something like "Flash Sale: TP is 30% off!!!!!!"
Kupon3ss
Profile Joined May 2008
時の回廊10066 Posts
November 21 2013 18:12 GMT
#87663
the key is when you accidentally bought extra tps, just throw them on your carry for maximum #value
When in doubt, just believe in yourself and press buttons
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
November 21 2013 18:14 GMT
#87664
The worst is when im a carry about to die from a gank and I'm trying to spend my unreliable gold (but forgot to put my next item in quickbuy), i'll just mash TP a few times to spend the money.

...And then i will check the courier and see 2 tp's on it already. 5 TPs on a carry seems a bit redundant.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
dfs
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Russian Federation4050 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-21 18:21:55
November 21 2013 18:21 GMT
#87665
You can never have too many tps.
Besides, you always want to have extra to block teammate's inventory when you do roshan.
Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/Q1jSb9X.jpg (c) Shiro; http://i.imgur.com/lSDLLKb.png (c) drav
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
November 21 2013 18:22 GMT
#87666
On November 22 2013 03:21 dfs wrote:
You can never have too many tps.
Besides, you always want to have extra to block teammate's inventory when you do roshan.

god i dont do this enough.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
November 21 2013 18:26 GMT
#87667
yeah i just tried that on the sniper on my team the other day.... still fail T_T... I wish they make item click and drop instead of drag and drop, so much things could goes wrong while using this method with my current mouse setting. I always lose 5-6 seconds while others only lose 2-3
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
November 21 2013 18:29 GMT
#87668
On November 22 2013 03:14 Comeh wrote:
The worst is when im a carry about to die from a gank and I'm trying to spend my unreliable gold (but forgot to put my next item in quickbuy), i'll just mash TP a few times to spend the money.

...And then i will check the courier and see 2 tp's on it already. 5 TPs on a carry seems a bit redundant.

Your investing in the future. Buy TPs now, then you can afford those needed items later. Plus you get bonus gold from all those ganks and kill steals you can now do thanks to those extra TPs.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
November 21 2013 18:32 GMT
#87669
On November 22 2013 03:29 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 03:14 Comeh wrote:
The worst is when im a carry about to die from a gank and I'm trying to spend my unreliable gold (but forgot to put my next item in quickbuy), i'll just mash TP a few times to spend the money.

...And then i will check the courier and see 2 tp's on it already. 5 TPs on a carry seems a bit redundant.

Your investing in the future. Buy TPs now, then you can afford those needed items later. Plus you get bonus gold from all those ganks and kill steals you can now do thanks to those extra TPs.

Investing in TPs is like investing in safe government bonds, while investing in a midas is a risky stock investment.

...that's of course not accurate at all but whatever.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
November 21 2013 18:36 GMT
#87670
Midas = hedge funds. Only for the wealthy and sort of a bad idea, unless it totally makes you rich.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Klonere
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Ireland4123 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-21 18:53:06
November 21 2013 18:51 GMT
#87671
im watching EE stream from last night with [A] playing in NEL

its the best thing ive ever seen

first game is EE, Bulba, S4, Demon, yugi vs EGM, Bulldog, Akke and two random NEL guys

SilverStar
Profile Joined January 2012
Sweden18511 Posts
November 21 2013 18:52 GMT
#87672
So basically what you are saying is that I should buy Sacred Relics since it's basically the safest investment?
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
November 21 2013 18:58 GMT
#87673
On November 22 2013 03:52 SilverStar wrote:
So basically what you are saying is that I should buy Sacred Relics since it's basically the safest investment?

Not really - when you try to sell your investment you take a 50% loss, and the only rate of return you get from them are dividends when you up your investment into a radiance.

(by the way i know very little about the stock market).
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
November 21 2013 19:07 GMT
#87674
On November 22 2013 03:52 SilverStar wrote:
So basically what you are saying is that I should buy Sacred Relics since it's basically the safest investment?

Any investment in dota should be measured on the scale of how much murder you can do with it. Drums: chasing down people for murder. Mana boots, always have fuel for murder. Manta, buddies to help you murder.

Now this is not a perfect system, because linkens does not really help you murder. It's bad at long term investments.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-21 19:22:00
November 21 2013 19:19 GMT
#87675
On November 22 2013 00:51 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 00:36 Comeh wrote:
On November 22 2013 00:35 Numy wrote:
Who expects mid to gank at level 3 wtf.

Really really low level pubs.

Theses are the same people who don't know how a smoke gank works. Last night someone said "it's useless, they can see you if you get close." So I solo smoke ganked mid.

When I played dota smoke didn't exist, so when I started to play dota 2 I thought smoke was a mass invisibility :D I followed a hero then I didn't understand how he could see me
zezamer
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland5701 Posts
November 21 2013 19:23 GMT
#87676
So investing into dagon is like buying apple stocks in the 90s?
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
November 21 2013 19:27 GMT
#87677
On November 22 2013 04:23 zezamer wrote:
So investing into dagon is like buying apple stocks in the 90s?

The stock splits if you're nyx. But you need to keep investing.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
FuzzyJAM
Profile Joined July 2010
Scotland9300 Posts
November 21 2013 19:28 GMT
#87678
On November 22 2013 03:21 dfs wrote:
You can never have too many tps.
Besides, you always want to have extra to block teammate's inventory when you do roshan.

How does having multiple TPs help out here? I thought you could only move items as a unit - e.g. if you have 2 TPs (owned by same player), you can't drop just one, you have to drop both.

Or can you separately move them about? If so, that actually seems a pretty useful thing I don't know. Not necessarily for the Roshan, but moreso other things.
Did you ever say Yes to a single joy?
aintz
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada5624 Posts
November 21 2013 19:49 GMT
#87679
you can not separate items, the russian was just clueless about what he was saying.
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10963 Posts
November 21 2013 20:14 GMT
#87680
On November 22 2013 04:19 MrCon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 00:51 Plansix wrote:
On November 22 2013 00:36 Comeh wrote:
On November 22 2013 00:35 Numy wrote:
Who expects mid to gank at level 3 wtf.

Really really low level pubs.

Theses are the same people who don't know how a smoke gank works. Last night someone said "it's useless, they can see you if you get close." So I solo smoke ganked mid.

When I played dota smoke didn't exist, so when I started to play dota 2 I thought smoke was a mass invisibility :D I followed a hero then I didn't understand how he could see me


Happened to me too.

Smoke seemed so bloody imbalanced... Then i realised that it breaks (but didn't understand why)... :D
Prev 1 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 284
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31419
Calm 6720
Rain 1799
Bisu 1577
Jaedong 733
Horang2 620
FanTaSy 480
BeSt 355
Rush 328
Stork 259
[ Show more ]
Soma 244
Zeus 195
Larva 149
Light 127
Snow 121
Free 119
ZerO 107
Barracks 101
Mind 84
Pusan 83
910 81
Mong 78
Killer 54
Hyun 39
ToSsGirL 36
NaDa 29
Shinee 28
Sexy 22
Hm[arnc] 19
Noble 17
Aegong 16
sorry 14
Terrorterran 11
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6410
Counter-Strike
fl0m2610
olofmeister1043
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King96
Other Games
gofns36133
singsing2057
B2W.Neo693
dupreeh414
crisheroes268
Lowko266
hiko221
RotterdaM50
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3334
• Jankos2734
Other Games
• WagamamaTV186
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 19m
Big Brain Bouts
21h 19m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.