|
|
On November 19 2013 03:50 Grettin wrote:Show nested quote +On November 19 2013 03:41 LuckoftheIrish wrote: I find myself wondering if it's even worth keeping EG.Dota 2 around at this point. It's not just the lack of results, it's also the constant DDoS issues that mean they never get to play. Isn't it more of the team managements fault if they can't set up a proper proxy to secure their players from these attacks? Getting rid of their Dota 2 team would be ridiculous, if EG want's presence in the scene anyway.
Depends how they're getting targeted. If it's because they're being foolish about their Skypes, thgat's kinda a big deal. I'm not saying they should be fired, just that they might not be the best use of resources.
And EG has a Dota 2 presence: Alliance.
|
United Kingdom24425 Posts
On November 19 2013 03:57 LuckoftheIrish wrote:Show nested quote +On November 19 2013 03:50 Grettin wrote:On November 19 2013 03:41 LuckoftheIrish wrote: I find myself wondering if it's even worth keeping EG.Dota 2 around at this point. It's not just the lack of results, it's also the constant DDoS issues that mean they never get to play. Isn't it more of the team managements fault if they can't set up a proper proxy to secure their players from these attacks? Getting rid of their Dota 2 team would be ridiculous, if EG want's presence in the scene anyway. Depends how they're getting targeted. If it's because they're being foolish about their Skypes, thgat's kinda a big deal. I'm not saying they should be fired, just that they might not be the best use of resources. And EG has a Dota 2 presence: Alliance. Well that's not really the same thing.
EG having a Dota team in Alliance doesn't strengthen the EG brand. Sure they could offer sponsorship across both teams as they have with the Alliance sponsors. But I'm quite sure they'd like EG to be a relevant name.
|
On November 19 2013 03:57 LuckoftheIrish wrote:Show nested quote +On November 19 2013 03:50 Grettin wrote:On November 19 2013 03:41 LuckoftheIrish wrote: I find myself wondering if it's even worth keeping EG.Dota 2 around at this point. It's not just the lack of results, it's also the constant DDoS issues that mean they never get to play. Isn't it more of the team managements fault if they can't set up a proper proxy to secure their players from these attacks? Getting rid of their Dota 2 team would be ridiculous, if EG want's presence in the scene anyway. Depends how they're getting targeted. If it's because they're being foolish about their Skypes, thgat's kinda a big deal. I'm not saying they should be fired, just that they might not be the best use of resources. And EG has a Dota 2 presence: Alliance.
How is Alliance a presence in the scene for team Evil Geniuses? Two different teams & brands, but with the same management (afaik).
|
On November 19 2013 03:52 Kuroeeah wrote: It's happened to me multiple games but has anyone else noticed issues in regards to the creep AI? Like it would stand in the middle of the lane not doing anything, patrol back and forth.
I had some issues with fog as well, where the FOW wouldn't appear. I was downhill the river and the fog in the opposing teams uphill wouldn't be there but the units would unveil if I walk uphill like normal, it's disorienting.
The projectile bug is bad.
Had a game the other day where a wave of enemy creeps decided to ignore everything on the map, dive past 3 towers, and go straight for ancient..Was a valiant effort, but they didn't make it 
And the projectile thing is making me cry. Is it because of the amount of people playing? I don't remember it being this bad only a few months ago. And now even mirana arrows, pudge hooks, aa ulti tracers and most skill based spells keeps disappearing. Its impossible to play with or against.
|
It's pretty well-known that Alliance is EG.EU. I completely agree, teapoted, and I'm not saying they should be fired or let go or anything. Just that, if I were involved in the management, I'd be frustrated enough to consider if I could get a better return on investment somewhere else.
|
On November 19 2013 04:07 LuckoftheIrish wrote: It's pretty well-known that Alliance is EG.EU. I completely agree, teapoted, and I'm not saying they should be fired or let go or anything. Just that, if I were involved in the management, I'd be frustrated enough to consider if I could get a better return on investment somewhere else.
No worries. No management would want to go through that kind of bad press. I don't think they'd survive the negative feedback from firing a team due to their own incompetence.
|
If it is their own incompetence. I wonder.
|
Considering the commitment MLG is making to Dota 2 in NA, how big TI3 was, and the incredibly widespread respect the community has for Fear, there is absolutely no chance EG drops it's dota team.
There is too much potential for growth and Fear is too valuable as a Dota Legend (regardless of recent results) for EG to drop them. I mean, Fear isn't playing like Maelk, and EG is still paying Maelk anyway simply for the name.
Winning is nice but it isn't EG's core value (cough Incontrol cough).
E: if anybody thinks that Alliance was signed for reasons that aren't: "Loda is also a Dota legend" they are wrong. The incredible results are a huge plus and I'm sure EG are delighted but what they signed was simply Loda + whoever he wanted to play with.
|
d2lounge bots can't connect to steam, anyone else get this? (only wondering coz i afked vs a bot just now and it immediately said that afterwards)
|
On November 19 2013 04:03 Grettin wrote:Show nested quote +On November 19 2013 03:57 LuckoftheIrish wrote:On November 19 2013 03:50 Grettin wrote:On November 19 2013 03:41 LuckoftheIrish wrote: I find myself wondering if it's even worth keeping EG.Dota 2 around at this point. It's not just the lack of results, it's also the constant DDoS issues that mean they never get to play. Isn't it more of the team managements fault if they can't set up a proper proxy to secure their players from these attacks? Getting rid of their Dota 2 team would be ridiculous, if EG want's presence in the scene anyway. Depends how they're getting targeted. If it's because they're being foolish about their Skypes, thgat's kinda a big deal. I'm not saying they should be fired, just that they might not be the best use of resources. And EG has a Dota 2 presence: Alliance. How is Alliance a presence in the scene for team Evil Geniuses? Two different teams & brands, but with the same management (afaik). They have their websites under the same IP
|
On November 19 2013 04:51 WindWolf wrote:Show nested quote +On November 19 2013 04:03 Grettin wrote:On November 19 2013 03:57 LuckoftheIrish wrote:On November 19 2013 03:50 Grettin wrote:On November 19 2013 03:41 LuckoftheIrish wrote: I find myself wondering if it's even worth keeping EG.Dota 2 around at this point. It's not just the lack of results, it's also the constant DDoS issues that mean they never get to play. Isn't it more of the team managements fault if they can't set up a proper proxy to secure their players from these attacks? Getting rid of their Dota 2 team would be ridiculous, if EG want's presence in the scene anyway. Depends how they're getting targeted. If it's because they're being foolish about their Skypes, thgat's kinda a big deal. I'm not saying they should be fired, just that they might not be the best use of resources. And EG has a Dota 2 presence: Alliance. How is Alliance a presence in the scene for team Evil Geniuses? Two different teams & brands, but with the same management (afaik). They have their websites under the same IP 
And..? Everyone knows Alliance is related to EG, but they aren't the same team or brand.
|
Lalalaland34507 Posts
To me Alliance and EG are just like LGD.cn and LGD.int.
|
I asked this a bit ago but I guess it got buried so il try again. When in the new patch is it appropriate to go the old three branch one tango bottle rush start? Has anyone else been thinking about this?
|
On November 19 2013 05:08 PassiveAce wrote: I asked this a bit ago but I guess it got buried so il try again. When in the new patch is it appropriate to go the old three branch one tango bottle rush start? Has anyone else been thinking about this? I don;t think anything changed here tbh
|
United States47024 Posts
On November 19 2013 05:08 PassiveAce wrote: I asked this a bit ago but I guess it got buried so il try again. When in the new patch is it appropriate to go the old three branch one tango bottle rush start? Has anyone else been thinking about this? I pretty much don't do it in pubs anymore. When you see it in pro games (if at all), it's almost always supplemented with supports pooling the mid additional tangos, and good luck getting pub supports to pool you those extra tangos.
|
On November 19 2013 05:10 Qbek wrote:Show nested quote +On November 19 2013 05:08 PassiveAce wrote: I asked this a bit ago but I guess it got buried so il try again. When in the new patch is it appropriate to go the old three branch one tango bottle rush start? Has anyone else been thinking about this? I don;t think anything changed here tbh
It has. The increased cost of both tangoes and bottle means its no longer a good idea to do this. You'd rather stock up on branches and other items that lets you lasthit easier
|
While it was uncommon to get a flying courier before like 2 minutes anyway, now the enemy KNOW your courier is gankable if you bottle rush so keep that in mind.
|
United States47024 Posts
The other thing to keep in mind is that part of the draw of a Bottle rush start was that heroes with big level 1 nukes could get 3 creeps with their first 2 casts, and then stalemate the lane with Bottle-crowing. Starting without banking gold could lead to you being unable to get to your Bottle before being forced out of lane and then losing the lane.
With 6.79, there are a couple changes: 1) 1 extra tango at start 2) higher ambient gold gain 3) No flying courier before 3 minutes
1 and 2 mean that even on weaker mids, the likelihood of getting "stuck" unable to get your Bottle is lower, while 3 means that the difference between an earlier Bottle and a later one is not that big so long as both Bottles come out prior to 3 minutes. Conversely a really early Bottle does not necessarily allow you to stalemate until after 3 minutes because you can't Bottle-crow efficiently with a ground courier anyway. Starting with a Stout/extra regen and having the Bottle a minute later might result in you stabilizing better than if you tried to get that Bottle super fast.
|
Understanding what has changed is half the battle, the other half is understanding why. thanks for filling in the latter for me basedyango
|
So what to get now? Null Talisman/Wraith Bands?
|
|
|
|
|
|