|
|
On November 16 2013 00:15 FFGenerations wrote:Show nested quote +On November 16 2013 00:07 pyro19 wrote: Servers have gone to complete shit after this update..I'm getting atleast 4-5 disconnects every game
EDIT - Can't even connect now..get disconnected as soon as the picking phase ends been fine for me EUW not heard any complaints...
I'm on SEA..Always the first server to get completely shat upon whenever something remotely buggy happens
|
It's not just shadow essence. I lost 1 shadow essence, 1 exort, and then I played 2 regular games and got a drop notification at the end of 2nd game but the box was empty (no picture of item) with no item recieved after game. I'm USEast.
|
Anybody having connection issues? Idk if it's only at SEA but a lot of people are disconnecting.
|
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
Yeah quite a few of the dreaded bugged endgames, where I exit out and the game is still going.
|
yup. EUW all players in game experience connection lag then disconnect now cant discon
thank god
what happens when you get autoattackers who play earth spirit? *totem flies past your head in opposite direction*
|
I've been DCing frequently right after picking heroes. Like right as everyone on my team appears in the fountain, I DC. I've seen it happen to a couple other people too. So weird.
|
Czech Republic18921 Posts
Do you think Diretide is a good introduction to Dota? As in, if someone asked you to teach them Dota, would Diretide be a good way to show them the game for the first time?
|
United Kingdom38257 Posts
On November 16 2013 00:51 cecek wrote: Do you think Diretide is a good introduction to Dota? As in, if someone asked you to teach them Dota, would Diretide be a good way to show them the game for the first time?
I don't think it's a good introduction (you're missing too many of the fundamentals really), but I think it's a great way to get relatively new people to try out more heroes quickly given the bonus gold/xp etc.
|
United Kingdom24425 Posts
On November 16 2013 00:51 cecek wrote: Do you think Diretide is a good introduction to Dota? As in, if someone asked you to teach them Dota, would Diretide be a good way to show them the game for the first time? No. Diretide is a shit game mode all things considered.
It's only played by anyone either for items or because it's different than normal Dota and a bit of a break from that. But if we compare Diretide to the popular WC3 maps, Diretide is bad.
I don't really think it's important that it's not 'teaching them the game properly'. Pudge wars is a good way to get into Dota, because it's fun.
|
Wow its been ages since i have been here,
new patch is pretty fun honeslty, dirtide is exactly as awful as i remember it. However this time it feels somehow like people forgot how bad it was.
The best part of this new patch is by far the spirit heroes and although this isn't a new patch discussion i thought i would mention my thoughts
Earth Spirit is by far the hardest hero to master in dota. You can win games as invoker with just 2 spells however you can't win games in dota by playing Earth Spirit as a 2 spell hero. He might be strong but I have not even slightly played him enough to judge that.
Ember/FS however is by far the Strongest hero in the game so far. His burst is insane + the mobility once he gets level 6 is unprecendented. People do not understand how he works and the fact that he can burst you down and survive High magic bburst is a serious problem in pubs.
I enjoy Both but probably won't play them because i hate melee mids. Fire/ES is the best hero in the game so far and should be nerfed asap. you will see pubstompers rise above their rank because of this hero
|
ES abbreviation for ember spirit, earth spirit and earth shaker is pissing me off.
|
ES joins the ranks of SK. One of the reasons I always prefered Xin/Kaolin
|
United Kingdom24425 Posts
|
Lol Earth spIrit 29% winrate. Seems reallly hard to play tho
|
I don't think ember is what your making him out to be (best hero in the game by far!)
|
On November 16 2013 00:51 cecek wrote: Do you think Diretide is a good introduction to Dota? As in, if someone asked you to teach them Dota, would Diretide be a good way to show them the game for the first time? I think it is fine for someone's first game of dota 2. It's faster than a normal game and helps them learn the basics, like the store, what the map looks like and a hero. All the other stuff can come later.
That hardest thing for most of the people I have introduced to dota has been the courier and the store. It's second nature to us, but fuckin nonsense to new people.
|
Had a bug in diretide where i couldnt buy items , left to reconnect and dota network is down for a long time for me.
|
On November 16 2013 01:09 Plansix wrote:Show nested quote +On November 16 2013 00:51 cecek wrote: Do you think Diretide is a good introduction to Dota? As in, if someone asked you to teach them Dota, would Diretide be a good way to show them the game for the first time? I think it is fine for someone's first game of dota 2. It's faster than a normal game and helps them learn the basics, like the store, what the map looks like and a hero. All the other stuff can come later. That hardest thing for most of the people I have introduced to dota has been the courier and the store. It's second nature to us, but fuckin nonsense to new people.
Ye, especially LoL people are extremely annoyed by the courier.
|
On November 16 2013 00:54 Asha` wrote:Show nested quote +On November 16 2013 00:51 cecek wrote: Do you think Diretide is a good introduction to Dota? As in, if someone asked you to teach them Dota, would Diretide be a good way to show them the game for the first time? I don't think it's a good introduction (you're missing too many of the fundamentals really), but I think it's a great way to get relatively new people to try out more heroes quickly given the bonus gold/xp etc.
I think the tutorial is a fine introduction to dota. Diretide is all over the place and it's not like your teammates are gonna be on the same page.
|
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
ES will always been earthshaker. Ember is often called Xin, and Earth: Kaolin
|
|
|
|
|
|