• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:10
CEST 15:10
KST 22:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9843 users

General Discussion - Page 4344

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
November 15 2013 10:30 GMT
#86861
On November 15 2013 18:57 BlitzerSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2013 18:16 hariooo wrote:
Maxing Searing Chains first will be the least used build (highly situational) by far. The other two skills are much better maxed early, at least for variants of mid builds.


I think max searing chains first and flame guard second is the best build.


I think maxing Sleight of Hand with one in Searing Chains and maxing Flameguard is better.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
RockIronrod
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia1369 Posts
November 15 2013 10:33 GMT
#86862
On November 15 2013 19:30 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2013 18:57 BlitzerSC wrote:
On November 15 2013 18:16 hariooo wrote:
Maxing Searing Chains first will be the least used build (highly situational) by far. The other two skills are much better maxed early, at least for variants of mid builds.


I think max searing chains first and flame guard second is the best build.


I think maxing Sleight of Hand with one in Searing Chains and maxing Flameguard is better.

I think Flame Guard's a requirement for early game team fights, but it's too mana intensive in conjunction with chains. I'm thinking 1-1-3 to 1-4-4-1.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-15 10:42:13
November 15 2013 10:41 GMT
#86863
On November 15 2013 19:33 RockIronrod wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2013 19:30 Torte de Lini wrote:
On November 15 2013 18:57 BlitzerSC wrote:
On November 15 2013 18:16 hariooo wrote:
Maxing Searing Chains first will be the least used build (highly situational) by far. The other two skills are much better maxed early, at least for variants of mid builds.


I think max searing chains first and flame guard second is the best build.


I think maxing Sleight of Hand with one in Searing Chains and maxing Flameguard is better.

I think Flame Guard's a requirement for early game team fights, but it's too mana intensive in conjunction with chains. I'm thinking 1-1-3 to 1-4-4-1.


In the early game, I would think he's farming. I thought flameguard was good for jungling at safety last hitting with your Sleight of Hand combination.

I have: W Q E W W R W E E E Q Q Q

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=195052251
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
RuskiPanda
Profile Joined December 2011
United States2906 Posts
November 15 2013 10:54 GMT
#86864
On November 15 2013 19:41 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2013 19:33 RockIronrod wrote:
On November 15 2013 19:30 Torte de Lini wrote:
On November 15 2013 18:57 BlitzerSC wrote:
On November 15 2013 18:16 hariooo wrote:
Maxing Searing Chains first will be the least used build (highly situational) by far. The other two skills are much better maxed early, at least for variants of mid builds.


I think max searing chains first and flame guard second is the best build.


I think maxing Sleight of Hand with one in Searing Chains and maxing Flameguard is better.

I think Flame Guard's a requirement for early game team fights, but it's too mana intensive in conjunction with chains. I'm thinking 1-1-3 to 1-4-4-1.


In the early game, I would think he's farming. I thought flameguard was good for jungling at safety last hitting with your Sleight of Hand combination.

I have: W Q E W W R W E E E Q Q Q

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=195052251


He's not a farming hero though. None of his moves except slash remotely scale into lategame and his agi gain is horrendous.
BlitzerSC
Profile Joined May 2011
Italy8800 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-15 10:59:13
November 15 2013 10:55 GMT
#86865
I'm gonna give you my 2 cents.

Sleight of fist does very little damage early game which is when you are the strongest. It only shines in the later stages of the game when you have a bunch of +dmg items. I only get 1 point just so I can dodge spells and max it last.


Flameguard on paper looks pretty good, but what do you do if they actually attack you and dispel your shield ? You now have no damage and you are literally screwed. I max this second.


Searing Chains, on other hand, is really fucking good. It snares, which is awesome, and deals 300 damage to two targets when maxed. It only has 8 seconds cooldown which is pretty insane considering how much damage it does. I max this first and it's my main source of damage for early game. The only con to this spell is that you have to position yourself correctly, otherwise you might miss it and do no damage.

When I gank someone, I usually try to use only remnant and searing chains so I can save as much mana as possible. The other two spells are there just in case I start tanking some serious damage or if I need to dodge a big dmg spell.

I've heard people consider Xin to be a initiation hero and in some parts I agree, but this is true only in the later stages of the game imho. In early-mid game you just either have to pick off alone targets or wait for a bit before engaging in a 5v5 fights so you don't get blown up by the AoE. Just use your remnant in the enemies back lines and kill the supports quickly.

For the item build I usually go Power treads, Wand, Battlefury, Crit. If I'm having trouble I might build a bracer/PMS just to tank up a little and I might skip the Battlefury(not sure if this is good or not). When I go mid i usually also buy a bottle, but I might switch it with a basi, I'm not sure about it yet and I need to play him a little bit more. I can't really talk about late game items because I usually win before we reach that stage of the game.

tip: You can also use your remnant kinda like morphling replicate. Use it, tp in fountain, restore mana+hp and then go back to lane with remnant. I'm sure all of you knew about it though.

On November 15 2013 19:41 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2013 19:33 RockIronrod wrote:
On November 15 2013 19:30 Torte de Lini wrote:
On November 15 2013 18:57 BlitzerSC wrote:
On November 15 2013 18:16 hariooo wrote:
Maxing Searing Chains first will be the least used build (highly situational) by far. The other two skills are much better maxed early, at least for variants of mid builds.


I think max searing chains first and flame guard second is the best build.


I think maxing Sleight of Hand with one in Searing Chains and maxing Flameguard is better.

I think Flame Guard's a requirement for early game team fights, but it's too mana intensive in conjunction with chains. I'm thinking 1-1-3 to 1-4-4-1.


In the early game, I would think he's farming. I thought flameguard was good for jungling at safety last hitting with your Sleight of Hand combination.

I have: W Q E W W R W E E E Q Q Q

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=195052251


Farming is probably one of the worst things you could do with Xin. When you get lvl 6 you suddenly become super mobily and you also do tons of damage. You must kill people. If you had the intention to go late game you should have picked a better hero instead :D.
nojok
Profile Joined May 2011
France15846 Posts
November 15 2013 10:59 GMT
#86866
You say fight early and go battlefury first. This is nonsense.
"Back then teams that won were credited, now it's called throw. I think it's sad." - Kuroky - Flap Flap Wings!
BlitzerSC
Profile Joined May 2011
Italy8800 Posts
November 15 2013 11:02 GMT
#86867
On November 15 2013 19:59 nojok wrote:
You say fight early and go battlefury first. This is nonsense.


lol nope.
I find Battlefury to be the perfect item for Xin. For what it costs, it gives you quite a lot of mana regen, damage and the cleave has good synergy with your Sleight of Fist.

People need to open their minds and stop thinking of Battlefury as farm only item.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
November 15 2013 11:03 GMT
#86868
this is great feedback cause I need to fix my guide ): plz help
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
RuskiPanda
Profile Joined December 2011
United States2906 Posts
November 15 2013 11:06 GMT
#86869
On November 15 2013 20:02 BlitzerSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2013 19:59 nojok wrote:
You say fight early and go battlefury first. This is nonsense.


lol nope.
I find Battlefury to be the perfect item for Xin. For what it costs, it gives you quite a lot of mana regen, damage and the cleave has good synergy with your Sleight of Fist.

People need to open their minds and stop thinking of Battlefury as farm only item.


Except it is a farm only item? If you wanted good combat stats there are a horde of cost efficient damage items you could get before you need to consider bfury.
Yoshi-
Profile Joined October 2008
Germany10227 Posts
November 15 2013 11:06 GMT
#86870
Wouldn't maelstrom make more sense than bfury
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-15 11:09:40
November 15 2013 11:06 GMT
#86871
On November 15 2013 19:41 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2013 19:33 RockIronrod wrote:
On November 15 2013 19:30 Torte de Lini wrote:
On November 15 2013 18:57 BlitzerSC wrote:
On November 15 2013 18:16 hariooo wrote:
Maxing Searing Chains first will be the least used build (highly situational) by far. The other two skills are much better maxed early, at least for variants of mid builds.


I think max searing chains first and flame guard second is the best build.


I think maxing Sleight of Hand with one in Searing Chains and maxing Flameguard is better.

I think Flame Guard's a requirement for early game team fights, but it's too mana intensive in conjunction with chains. I'm thinking 1-1-3 to 1-4-4-1.


In the early game, I would think he's farming. I thought flameguard was good for jungling at safety last hitting with your Sleight of Hand combination.

I have: W Q E W W R W E E E Q Q Q

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=195052251


I think you should take Q first point with Xin? It seems like your best option to survive an early kill attempt (be it off a lucky 0 min rune, planned 3 man gank or whatever) and I don't think the first point in W or E offer more than that?

On November 15 2013 20:06 Yoshi- wrote:
Wouldn't maelstrom make more sense than bfury

I was messing around with phase drums mael, I think bfury does quite a bit more damage though?

---

someone should probably make a thread in strat for Xin, we have one for kaolin
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
November 15 2013 11:09 GMT
#86872
On November 15 2013 20:06 Asha` wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2013 19:41 Torte de Lini wrote:
On November 15 2013 19:33 RockIronrod wrote:
On November 15 2013 19:30 Torte de Lini wrote:
On November 15 2013 18:57 BlitzerSC wrote:
On November 15 2013 18:16 hariooo wrote:
Maxing Searing Chains first will be the least used build (highly situational) by far. The other two skills are much better maxed early, at least for variants of mid builds.


I think max searing chains first and flame guard second is the best build.


I think maxing Sleight of Hand with one in Searing Chains and maxing Flameguard is better.

I think Flame Guard's a requirement for early game team fights, but it's too mana intensive in conjunction with chains. I'm thinking 1-1-3 to 1-4-4-1.


In the early game, I would think he's farming. I thought flameguard was good for jungling at safety last hitting with your Sleight of Hand combination.

I have: W Q E W W R W E E E Q Q Q

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=195052251


I think you should take Q first point with Xin? It seems like your best option to survive an early kill attempt (be it off a lucky 0 min rune, planned 3 man gank or whatever) and I don't think the first point in W or E offer more than that?

Show nested quote +
On November 15 2013 20:06 Yoshi- wrote:
Wouldn't maelstrom make more sense than bfury

I was messing around with phase drums mael, I think bfury does quite a bit more damage though?


You're right
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
November 15 2013 11:13 GMT
#86873
Does slight of hand count as a standard attack? If so, a BF would make each one a small AOE, correct?
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
November 15 2013 11:14 GMT
#86874
On November 15 2013 20:13 Plansix wrote:
Does slight of hand count as a standard attack? If so, a BF would make each one a small AOE, correct?


correct
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
November 15 2013 11:19 GMT
#86875
Ok them, BF makes total sense on him as a fighting item.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
SkelA
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Macedonia13090 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-15 11:26:42
November 15 2013 11:21 GMT
#86876
Just remember you get cleave on every atack on sleight of fist, the best item for ember spirit by far considering what it offers for him.

Desolator is really good too, adding the corruption in a huge aoe.
Stork and KHAN fan till 2012 ...
BlitzerSC
Profile Joined May 2011
Italy8800 Posts
November 15 2013 11:22 GMT
#86877
On November 15 2013 20:06 RuskiPanda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2013 20:02 BlitzerSC wrote:
On November 15 2013 19:59 nojok wrote:
You say fight early and go battlefury first. This is nonsense.


lol nope.
I find Battlefury to be the perfect item for Xin. For what it costs, it gives you quite a lot of mana regen, damage and the cleave has good synergy with your Sleight of Fist.

People need to open their minds and stop thinking of Battlefury as farm only item.


Except it is a farm only item? If you wanted good combat stats there are a horde of cost efficient damage items you could get before you need to consider bfury.


Except its not a farm only item ? Battlefur doesn't only give you cleave, stop ignoring the other bonuses of it
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
November 15 2013 11:23 GMT
#86878
On November 15 2013 20:21 SkelA wrote:
Just remember you get cleave on every atack on sleight of fist, the best item for ember spirit by far considering what it offers for him.


I think items like Deso work pretty well in this regard.
Would Armlet work too and vlads?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
RuskiPanda
Profile Joined December 2011
United States2906 Posts
November 15 2013 11:35 GMT
#86879
On November 15 2013 20:22 BlitzerSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2013 20:06 RuskiPanda wrote:
On November 15 2013 20:02 BlitzerSC wrote:
On November 15 2013 19:59 nojok wrote:
You say fight early and go battlefury first. This is nonsense.


lol nope.
I find Battlefury to be the perfect item for Xin. For what it costs, it gives you quite a lot of mana regen, damage and the cleave has good synergy with your Sleight of Fist.

People need to open their minds and stop thinking of Battlefury as farm only item.


Except it is a farm only item? If you wanted good combat stats there are a horde of cost efficient damage items you could get before you need to consider bfury.


Except its not a farm only item ? Battlefur doesn't only give you cleave, stop ignoring the other bonuses of it


Yeah dude, that hp/mana regen is really gonna come in handy when they just stun you and blow you up because you're fighting early with a battlefury ROFL.
BlitzerSC
Profile Joined May 2011
Italy8800 Posts
November 15 2013 11:43 GMT
#86880
Oh so according to you every fucking item in the game is useless because if you get stunned you die. Nice logic.

Use your fuking brain, Ember Spirit has the perfect skill set to avoid stuns, get out from sticky situations and kill the opponents before they can even touch you.

But why am I even trying to tell you this stuff ? If you get stunned you just die, right ? ROFL ROFL ROFL...
Prev 1 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1403
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 258
Rex 92
MaxPax 44
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 61136
Calm 3964
Shuttle 3268
Bisu 1765
FanTaSy 1451
Stork 396
Hyuk 371
EffOrt 354
firebathero 352
Barracks 274
[ Show more ]
Mini 267
Rush 236
Soma 229
Light 194
Soulkey 193
Zeus 177
ZerO 157
Last 138
actioN 137
Snow 123
Killer 73
Sea.KH 64
Mong 59
Dewaltoss 57
JYJ 56
hero 55
Pusan 54
Shinee 45
Hyun 41
Free 37
ToSsGirL 37
Bale 36
NotJumperer 36
PianO 32
Aegong 28
Shine 28
Yoon 28
Sharp 21
sorry 20
yabsab 18
Sacsri 12
HiyA 11
Noble 11
zelot 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5751
Dendi908
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1396
kRYSTAL_328
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King105
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko395
Other Games
gofns33186
singsing2068
B2W.Neo473
hiko375
crisheroes277
DeMusliM209
byalli167
Livibee159
Hui .123
Liquid`VortiX58
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV235
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 5m
Replay Cast
9h 50m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.