|
|
On November 15 2013 13:52 RuskiPanda wrote:Show nested quote +On November 15 2013 13:47 Targe wrote:On November 15 2013 13:06 hootsushi wrote: I find it amazing that even in diretide people are insulting eachother, amazing. Funny thing is, every time we killed Roshan 5+ times, I always got a crap essence and the one time we only killed him two times, I got a shadow essence. 'only' a shadow essence The more rounds you go through the higher the odds of getting shadow so what he meant is he got the best reward on possibly his worst run.
is this confirmed? i've been getting crap so far on all my runs. If so however, anybody know any good strategies to get a high roshan level that don't require 10 players working together? I would assume dagon eblade is still the way to go, but after a while Rosh just gets so tanky.
|
2 games, 2 wex and a recipe, which I used to get a kunkka common gloves! :D
|
On November 15 2013 14:15 writer22816 wrote:Show nested quote +On November 15 2013 13:52 RuskiPanda wrote:On November 15 2013 13:47 Targe wrote:On November 15 2013 13:06 hootsushi wrote: I find it amazing that even in diretide people are insulting eachother, amazing. Funny thing is, every time we killed Roshan 5+ times, I always got a crap essence and the one time we only killed him two times, I got a shadow essence. 'only' a shadow essence The more rounds you go through the higher the odds of getting shadow so what he meant is he got the best reward on possibly his worst run. is this confirmed? i've been getting crap so far on all my runs. If so however, anybody know any good strategies to get a high roshan level that don't require 10 players working together? I would assume dagon eblade is still the way to go, but after a while Rosh just gets so tanky.
Probably just pick the most roshslaughtering hero you can manage, and play for as much candytrading as you can muster. The more candy thrown around, the more global gold and exp people get.
Lina's my favorite roshweapon. A 1250 damage laser that gets refreshed is no joke, and the two other nukes aren't useless themselves, all capped by a pretty major aspd boost that makes divine rapiers equal fair dps. I'm aiming to head into the rosh fight with BoTs, Aghas, a sheepstick, a cuirass and two divine rapiers.
...Speaking of which, does anyone know rosh's mechanics now? I suspect he's doing his global refresh at specific percentages of HP, which means burst damage and Eblades is the way to deal with the first few levels, but actual physical dps starts to become more important around levels 3-4, where you can't get to those global refreshes purely off burst anymore.
|
ROFL, i dare anyone to play a full game using only the hero showcase/zoom in camera.
|
On November 15 2013 14:55 Kuroeeah wrote: ROFL, i dare anyone to play a full game using only the hero showcase/zoom in camera.
I wouldn't mind if it showed health bars.
|
On November 15 2013 14:55 Kuroeeah wrote: ROFL, i dare anyone to play a full game using only the hero showcase/zoom in camera. dota is the new SMITE
|
I would have already done it if it had healthbars displayed. Does anyone know how to get it to display health bars?
|
ugh my roommate just got a platinum baby roshan drop. so far hes been offered $200 for it im so fuckin jealous
|
United Kingdom24425 Posts
If they can drop normally I guess they won't be anywhere near the price of golden.
|
On November 15 2013 15:34 PassiveAce wrote: ugh my roommate just got a platinum baby roshan drop. so far hes been offered $200 for it im so fuckin jealous
Is this from playing Diretide?
And how's the drops? Are they even good? Or same chances as if you played a real game?
|
I dont know how the fuck he got it but he was playing diretide. I thought it was acquired the same way as the golden roshan but he certainly didnt beat any records that game. hes freaking out in the room next to me trying to figure out if he got it from a glitch and it will be worth $5000 in a year or if its a common item and people just dont know it yet so he should sell it right now for like 250 keys.
|
It'll probably be like the golden greevil, i'd say sell it now and don't be disappointed when it ends up being worth a lot less. He probably isn't the only person to have found one so far either, but we'll see. I hope they're a normal drop so everyone has a reasonable chance of getting one.
|
Bearded Elder29905 Posts
Anyone streaming Spirit games?
|
On November 15 2013 14:43 Staboteur wrote:Show nested quote +On November 15 2013 14:15 writer22816 wrote:On November 15 2013 13:52 RuskiPanda wrote:On November 15 2013 13:47 Targe wrote:On November 15 2013 13:06 hootsushi wrote: I find it amazing that even in diretide people are insulting eachother, amazing. Funny thing is, every time we killed Roshan 5+ times, I always got a crap essence and the one time we only killed him two times, I got a shadow essence. 'only' a shadow essence The more rounds you go through the higher the odds of getting shadow so what he meant is he got the best reward on possibly his worst run. is this confirmed? i've been getting crap so far on all my runs. If so however, anybody know any good strategies to get a high roshan level that don't require 10 players working together? I would assume dagon eblade is still the way to go, but after a while Rosh just gets so tanky. Probably just pick the most roshslaughtering hero you can manage, and play for as much candytrading as you can muster. The more candy thrown around, the more global gold and exp people get. Lina's my favorite roshweapon. A 1250 damage laser that gets refreshed is no joke, and the two other nukes aren't useless themselves, all capped by a pretty major aspd boost that makes divine rapiers equal fair dps. I'm aiming to head into the rosh fight with BoTs, Aghas, a sheepstick, a cuirass and two divine rapiers. ...Speaking of which, does anyone know rosh's mechanics now? I suspect he's doing his global refresh at specific percentages of HP, which means burst damage and Eblades is the way to deal with the first few levels, but actual physical dps starts to become more important around levels 3-4, where you can't get to those global refreshes purely off burst anymore.
Pick: the only way to go is to pick a ranged carry (there are some exceptions, like alchemist is a good pick because of his ulti, or ursa)
Farm: trade sweets 1 enemy at your bucket + 1 ally returning the candy 1 ally at the enemy bucket + 1 enemy returning the candy
Buy: at least 4x rapier, 1x crit item if you already have crit chance like PA get Attack speed items (mjollnir) The team needs some orchids.
Fight: don't die, every attack is telegraphed and dodgeable.
|
Bearded Elder29905 Posts
Just saw Draskyl playing Earth. Damn shit is strong.
|
How to properly level the two new spirits? And what items? I'm so lost with these two. I think Ember seems easy enough to get going with though.
|
Sheep stick doesn't work on roshan in diretide now, you'll get hexed for quite some time. Tinker disband.
|
im having alot of fun kicking and pulling teammates around with earth
|
Hey can you guys help me out on these guides?
I'm having incredible trouble pinning down their item builds. Especially for Ember Spirit while for Earth Spirit; Yango told me he doesn't really need any items.
|
Bearded Elder29905 Posts
You go mass battlefuries on Ember + something for crit and that's it :D
|
|
|
|
|
|