|
|
On November 15 2013 16:09 idonthinksobro wrote:Show nested quote +On November 15 2013 14:43 Staboteur wrote:On November 15 2013 14:15 writer22816 wrote:On November 15 2013 13:52 RuskiPanda wrote:On November 15 2013 13:47 Targe wrote:On November 15 2013 13:06 hootsushi wrote: I find it amazing that even in diretide people are insulting eachother, amazing. Funny thing is, every time we killed Roshan 5+ times, I always got a crap essence and the one time we only killed him two times, I got a shadow essence. 'only' a shadow essence The more rounds you go through the higher the odds of getting shadow so what he meant is he got the best reward on possibly his worst run. is this confirmed? i've been getting crap so far on all my runs. If so however, anybody know any good strategies to get a high roshan level that don't require 10 players working together? I would assume dagon eblade is still the way to go, but after a while Rosh just gets so tanky. Probably just pick the most roshslaughtering hero you can manage, and play for as much candytrading as you can muster. The more candy thrown around, the more global gold and exp people get. Lina's my favorite roshweapon. A 1250 damage laser that gets refreshed is no joke, and the two other nukes aren't useless themselves, all capped by a pretty major aspd boost that makes divine rapiers equal fair dps. I'm aiming to head into the rosh fight with BoTs, Aghas, a sheepstick, a cuirass and two divine rapiers. ...Speaking of which, does anyone know rosh's mechanics now? I suspect he's doing his global refresh at specific percentages of HP, which means burst damage and Eblades is the way to deal with the first few levels, but actual physical dps starts to become more important around levels 3-4, where you can't get to those global refreshes purely off burst anymore. Pick: the only way to go is to pick a ranged carry (there are some exceptions, like alchemist is a good pick because of his ulti, or ursa) Farm: trade sweets 1 enemy at your bucket + 1 ally returning the candy 1 ally at the enemy bucket + 1 enemy returning the candy Buy: at least 4x rapier, 1x crit item if you already have crit chance like PA get Attack speed items (mjollnir) The team needs some orchids. Fight: don't die, every attack is telegraphed and dodgeable. seems like the winning strategy is crit/rapier/bfly or mjoll + troll ult + a bunch of -armor (venge, TA, sf, slar) too hard to get random pubs to go along with your plan though T_T
|
The weakest part about Earth Spirit is if he is in the same team as Earthshaker and a Storm - You can't abbreviate it as ES, and you can call him Earth or Spirit.
Kaolin has to be what to call him.
On November 15 2013 16:28 Torte de Lini wrote:Hey can you guys help me out on these guides? I'm having incredible trouble pinning down their item builds. Especially for Ember Spirit while for Earth Spirit; Yango told me he doesn't really need any items.
Hmmmm, max searing chains?
How come? I'd think either his w, or his e(that radiance...) seems more logical/
BTW merlini playing kaolin atm
|
On November 15 2013 16:39 Comeh wrote:The weakest part about Earth Spirit is if he is in the same team as Earthshaker and a Storm - You can't abbreviate it as ES, and you can call him Earth or Spirit. Kaolin has to be what to call him. Show nested quote +On November 15 2013 16:28 Torte de Lini wrote:Hey can you guys help me out on these guides? I'm having incredible trouble pinning down their item builds. Especially for Ember Spirit while for Earth Spirit; Yango told me he doesn't really need any items. Hmmmm, max searing chains? How come? I'd think either his w, or his e(that radiance...) seems more logical/
You could call him big green as long as you don't have a tree on your team.
|
28103 Posts
lol Merlini having troubles with Earth Spirit's skills.
|
On November 15 2013 16:52 TheEmulator wrote: lol Merlini having troubles with Earth Spirit's skills.
To be fair Kaolin wasn't in WC3 Dota back when he played, and I doubt he's played since he was released.
|
28103 Posts
So I just realized Earth Spirit is amazing for fountain greifing 
Pull em in push em out. Pull them out push them in.
|
On November 15 2013 16:39 Comeh wrote:The weakest part about Earth Spirit is if he is in the same team as Earthshaker and a Storm - You can't abbreviate it as ES, and you can call him Earth or Spirit. Kaolin has to be what to call him. Show nested quote +On November 15 2013 16:28 Torte de Lini wrote:Hey can you guys help me out on these guides? I'm having incredible trouble pinning down their item builds. Especially for Ember Spirit while for Earth Spirit; Yango told me he doesn't really need any items. Hmmmm, max searing chains? How come? I'd think either his w, or his e(that radiance...) seems more logical/ BTW merlini playing kaolin atm
I wasn't sure if I wanted to max Searing Chains or Sleight of Hand. But I figured one in Sleight of Hand for the last hit and then it is maxed in the midgame when he starts to shine. Maxing it at the beginning may end up pushing lanes [when you want to last it safely], so I figured it was best second.
|
ok so has anyone actually socketed an item to give it a cool effect yet/what it looks like?
|
On November 15 2013 17:09 TheEmulator wrote:So I just realized Earth Spirit is amazing for fountain greifing  Pull em in push em out. Pull them out push them in.
Blink in, use ghost, pull allies in, boulder out :D
|
Rolling boulder is such an annoying escape mechanism to play against.
|
Maxing Searing Chains first will be the least used build (highly situational) by far. The other two skills are much better maxed early, at least for variants of mid builds.
|
diretide is the stupidiest thing ever, i bet noone will play this mode if there is no hats involved.
|
On November 15 2013 11:42 crms wrote:Show nested quote +On November 15 2013 11:34 ayaz2810 wrote: Just played diretide for the first time ever. Not very fun at all. I don't get the appeal it was never about the game mode, it was about the golden roshan courier and the items.
Actually, it was about the hypetrain.
|
On November 15 2013 18:32 SkelA wrote: diretide is the stupidiest thing ever, i bet noone will play this mode if there is no hats involved.
Well no shit. :D
|
So valve kinda listen to the community, lets found a group about ladder play and complain for months untill they implement the ladder !
|
On November 15 2013 18:48 SkelA wrote: So valve kinda listen to the community, lets found a group about ladder play and complain for months untill they implement the ladder ! *hint: don't talk to Valve, talk to Volvo.
|
On November 15 2013 18:16 hariooo wrote: Maxing Searing Chains first will be the least used build (highly situational) by far. The other two skills are much better maxed early, at least for variants of mid builds.
I think max searing chains first and flame guard second is the best build.
|
So I think I figured out how to cover early game regen on carries who don't want to build tranqs and don't want to buy a ring of health. You get your support to buy you a casual ring of health.
also how is taki still bad at pl what the fuck
|
You can also make them buy a couple of bottles and make them bottle heroing.
|
United Kingdom38257 Posts
On November 15 2013 18:32 SkelA wrote: diretide is the stupidiest thing ever, i bet noone will play this mode if there is no hats involved.
I like it. Or liked it. It's less fun now dumb people just want to pool for items and rosh (which they can't win at without a coordinated group anyway) rather than actually play out the first phases properly. Which is doubly dumb since as far as I can tell you get more items if you actually win the first stage and it lasts a fixed time regardless...
|
|
|
|
|
|