|
|
Czech Republic18921 Posts
On November 15 2013 05:28 teapoted wrote: Isn't it the colour that's the rare part in the first place? The point about those couriers is that originally they had a random colour, which can no longer be obtained in any way. The wardog just happens to be the courier with those colours that was most valuable. But the colour is still impossible to get. I might be wrong, but I think the problem is hat now you can get the color out of some lower tier couriers and apply it to the high tier couriers.
|
are u 100% certain the color cant be duplicated with the new gems?
|
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Yes that specific courier will be devalued but I don't know what that means for the overall value of the purchase. Because you have the option to multiply the value of a rare courier. If you have the rarest colour on the rarest courier that would make it much more expensive than each part separately because the circulation of those items are so limited.
Don't know, but I find it somewhat suspicious two of these couriers. Which are the 2 most expensive trades made in Dota. (38k and 45k) were just a bit before this patch. Which I guess works both ways, the sellers could have known about it and wanted to get rid of it.
|
If I anything I would say that Valve doesn't want that items are sold for that much and so made the patch
|
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Well I'm quite sure if Valve didn't want items to be sold for that much they would have stopped doing limited edition couriers a long time ago.
Valve don't care about that people sell, trade, and collect (although they are doing it outside of steam which they might have a problem with, but that's not really relevant as that's more of a problem with tons of small purchases than it is with few huge purchases). This system was just put in there to allow for more in the cosmetics system since that's what drives the economy of the game. They started having all these modifiers to items and this is a more robust system to build upon. There is not a chance in the world that they sat and coded the system just because of the below 0.001% of people who trade at enormous prices.
|
Czech Republic18921 Posts
What's suspicious about that? Obviously PAADA and co. had some inside info. I think it's pretty much accepted as a fact at this point.
|
On November 15 2013 04:31 Daaktard wrote: Has anyone else been having issues with dota today?
I can't see half of my attacks and many spellanimations have been invisible aswell. So fucking frustrating.
yes i have the exact same problem, a lot of things does not appear, like gold given from lasthits and similar stuff etc
|
United Kingdom24425 Posts
On November 15 2013 06:04 cecek wrote: What's suspicious about that? Obviously PAADA and co. had some inside info. I think it's pretty much accepted as a fact at this point. You just asked why it's suspicious, and then said why it's suspicious.
|
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
Dota 2 network down? PATCH INCOMING? (wishful thinking)
|
On November 15 2013 07:02 ahswtini wrote: Dota 2 network down? PATCH INCOMING? (wishful thinking) Ofc it's a patch
|
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
Omg it actually is the patch
|
Holy SHIT !! 769.2MB It's here. thanks volvo
|
Server is down tho, even after you dl the patch
|
On November 15 2013 07:27 Excludos wrote:Server is down tho, even after you dl the patch 
Yes but you can play the new heroes vs bots !!!
|
28103 Posts
Yeah I can't connect 
Oh well I can't play dota until tomorrow anyways, my ISP is fixing issues tomorrow morning. I just wanna try the new heroes in a custom lobby.
|
United Kingdom38257 Posts
1437 learning what Xin does has been pretty funny. He's checking out Kaolin now (if anyone is bored and already messed around with the heroes on test client themselves)
|
Czech Republic18921 Posts
|
|
|
What did they do to Roshan?
|
Czech Republic18921 Posts
Does the game actually work for anyone now? Everyone on my friends list says it doesn't work.
|
|
|
|
|
|