General Discussion - Page 4329
| Forum Index > Dota 2 General |
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2 Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads. | ||
|
FinestHour
United States18466 Posts
| ||
|
SilverStar
Sweden18511 Posts
On November 13 2013 03:21 teapoted wrote: The EMS is just not relevant to me anymore. When it was first announced it was like 'oh shit, this is huge.' Then a number of shitty formats, lackluster online qualifiers, forgettable Lan's later. Just find it hard to care. Is it nice to have more Lan events? Sure. But I'd rather watch any other Lan event. WCG last year got me more excited than any EMS has. Agreed. I hardly followed this season and last season already was very lackluster. It just feels that ESL is trying to use as little money as possible on the whole thing. I really see no other reason why you would move a LAN to the god damn country side of Poland. Really sad that this is the first "major" international tournament for the korean team. Last years WCG was actually a postive suprise. Starting from the hilarious opening cermony to the awkward casts from the league of legends casters and the final closing cermony. | ||
|
Klonere
Ireland4123 Posts
On November 13 2013 03:21 teapoted wrote: The EMS is just not relevant to me anymore. When it was first announced it was like 'oh shit, this is huge.' Then a number of shitty formats, lackluster online qualifiers, forgettable Lan's later. Just find it hard to care. Is it nice to have more Lan events? Sure. But I'd rather watch any other Lan event. WCG last year got me more excited than any EMS has. its really sad because ESL were given a ton of money for the venture and have seemingly wasted it, what with the aforementioned horrific format of the tourney making it so hard to build storylines or even understand the damn thing in the first place and then having a LAN in some random office in Poland with 20 spectators most of them friends and family, even with ESL production just made it feel super flat and embarrassing honestly. After the whole Kawa debacle, online production was simply handed over to joindota who did jack shit with it, I wanna see the design document they had when formulating the whole thing, if such a thing even exists. It seems so haphazard. I wonder if they just had no Dota people on staff when it came to putting the money from sponsors to use. | ||
|
canikizu
4860 Posts
On November 13 2013 03:26 SilverStar wrote: Agreed. I hardly followed this season and last season already was very lackluster. It just feels that ESL is trying to use as little money as possible on the whole thing. I really see no other reason why you would move a LAN to the god damn country side of Poland. Really sad that this is the first "major" international tournament for the korean team. Last years WCG was actually a postive suprise. Starting from the hilarious opening cermony to the awkward casts from the league of legends casters and the final closing cermony. I didn't pay attention to last year WCG, but I thought there was no LoL last year, did they seriously use LoL casters for Dota2? lol | ||
|
teapoted
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Then Kawa 'leaves' ESL being in a position which he isn't prepared for and goes to BTS where he does what I thought he would initially do, and he's great. And he could have done that for EMS and it would have been very useful because the tournament had nothing to tie it together. It had no hype videos. It had no personality. On November 13 2013 03:31 canikizu wrote: Tobi was there as well. But the casters were on rotation and they had both WC3 Dota and Dota 2. So there were some matches where Doa+someone (I think of Doa more of a SC2 caster anyway) did Dota. It was somewhat amusing.I didn't pay attention to last year WCG, but I thought there was no LoL last year, did they seriously use LoL casters for Dota2? lol | ||
|
canikizu
4860 Posts
On November 13 2013 03:33 teapoted wrote: Funny thing is when Kawa was first announced to be going to ESL I said I think he would be best doing like video production stuff and making content, not commentary. Then Kawa 'leaves' ESL being in a position which he isn't prepared for and goes to BTS where he does what I thought he would initially do, and he's great. Tobi was there as well. But the casters were on rotation and they had both WC3 Dota and Dota 2. So there were some matches where Doa+someone (I think of Doa more of a SC2 caster anyway) did Dota. It was somewhat amusing. Oh I remember that now, although at that time I thought Doa casted SC2, not LoL. I hadn't even played LoL at that time. | ||
|
teapoted
United Kingdom24425 Posts
| ||
|
ArcticRaven
France1406 Posts
| ||
|
Shaella
United States14828 Posts
| ||
|
Erasme
Bahamas15899 Posts
On November 13 2013 03:49 ArcticRaven wrote: So about slark. If you need an early fighter, say the other team is facerushing wuth some ridiculous push lineup ala DP + Pugna, is he actually good ? And then where do you actually lane him ? Slark is usually laned as a solo laner, be it mid or solo safe lane. He might work in an offensive dual/trilane too with something like a cm | ||
|
Klonere
Ireland4123 Posts
http://www.twitch.tv/d2l | ||
|
Asha
United Kingdom38257 Posts
On November 13 2013 03:50 Shaella wrote: i have no fucking clue what teams are going to EMS besides EG anyways EG aren't qualified I don't think? Unless Take 5 gets swapped with them because they are in pieces now I guess. I always like the actual LAN parts of EMS, it's not much worse than starladder imo (just needs a bigger crowd). It's just the whole online season that feels disjointed and awkward to keep track of. | ||
|
teapoted
United Kingdom24425 Posts
On November 13 2013 04:02 Asha` wrote: The crowd is what makes StarLadder amazing. Saying it's like StarLadder without the crowd is like saying it's MLG without suits.EG aren't qualified I don't think? Unless Take 5 gets swapped with them because they are in pieces now I guess. I always like the actual LAN parts of EMS, it's not much worse than starladder imo (just needs a bigger crowd). It's just the whole online season that feels disjointed and awkward to keep track of. | ||
|
Vimsey
United Kingdom2235 Posts
On November 13 2013 03:16 SilverStar wrote: Not really a major factor when you decide to host a LAN tournament with a Chinese and Korean team. I know I was trying to see reasoning behind the choice, maybe they are holding it in a brewery this time instead of a hotel conference room just to prove that they can organise a pissup in a brewery. | ||
|
ArcticRaven
France1406 Posts
On November 13 2013 03:56 Erasme wrote: Slark is usually laned as a solo laner, be it mid or solo safe lane. He might work in an offensive dual/trilane too with something like a cm Ty - i'm always somewhat at a loss on how i should be drafting vs lately unveiled facerush comps if i already picked a support duo that isn't too good vs that and i think going for a carry slark can help against that since they generally hit when he is at his power peak (also because i'd love to actually draft him ^^) Maybe i should just draft supports with antipush though. Time to stop rushing that visage i guess :D | ||
|
SilverStar
Sweden18511 Posts
On November 13 2013 04:02 Asha` wrote: EG aren't qualified I don't think? Unless Take 5 gets swapped with them because they are in pieces now I guess. I always like the actual LAN parts of EMS, it's not much worse than starladder imo (just needs a bigger crowd). It's just the whole online season that feels disjointed and awkward to keep track of. Honestly I couldn't even name a single team that qualified for the EMS except that I know the Korean NSL winner is going. | ||
|
LuckoftheIrish
United States4791 Posts
| ||
|
Shaella
United States14828 Posts
On November 13 2013 04:02 Asha` wrote: EG aren't qualified I don't think? Unless Take 5 gets swapped with them because they are in pieces now I guess. I always like the actual LAN parts of EMS, it's not much worse than starladder imo (just needs a bigger crowd). It's just the whole online season that feels disjointed and awkward to keep track of. pretty much why EG will go | ||
|
teapoted
United Kingdom24425 Posts
On November 13 2013 04:36 LuckoftheIrish wrote: Recently the only teams getting DDOS'ed is like EG and Speed.Are there any CIS teams that ever get DDoSed? And have there been any instances of teams being DDoSed recently in matches against non-CIS teams? | ||
|
LuckoftheIrish
United States4791 Posts
On November 13 2013 04:40 teapoted wrote: Recently the only teams getting DDOS'ed is like EG and Speed. Yeah, but in matches against which teams? Do you remember offhand? | ||
| ||
