General Discussion - Page 4327
| Forum Index > Dota 2 General |
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2 Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads. | ||
|
cecek
Czech Republic18921 Posts
| ||
|
Shaella
United States14828 Posts
| ||
|
Velr
Switzerland10962 Posts
On November 12 2013 18:34 BurningSera wrote: I'd rather see hardcarry slark than a #1 mirana. That buff on slark ulti is no joke. #slarkti4meta I actually think he is plain worse. Imho the Ulti is just too short to do much of anything now... He can get solokills on low HP heroes easier now, but he pretty much excelled at that before the patch too? | ||
|
idonthinksobro
3138 Posts
On November 12 2013 19:33 Velr wrote: I actually think he is plain worse. Imho the Ulti is just too short to do much of anything now... He can get solokills on low HP heroes easier now, but he pretty much excelled at that before the patch too? he is way safer against everything that could kill him. How can this be worse? | ||
|
Kipsate
Netherlands45349 Posts
in pubs with brains he is better because everyone is running out with sentries the moment you hit 6, the cooldown nerf hits hard though. | ||
|
Velr
Switzerland10962 Posts
That he got countered by Dust/Sentries and this made him bad is kinda funny to say... Weaver and Bounty seem to work just fine but i guess people playing progames have no brains too (let alone how often Shadowblade was built on next to anyone before the nerf)? | ||
|
teapoted
United Kingdom24425 Posts
On November 12 2013 19:20 cecek wrote: Well DreamLeague is essentially using bo2's, they just spread out the 2 matches. So the server could be either. I originally suspected that all the first games with US/EU were played on EU first but I am not too sure about that anymore. I would recommend waiting for their next bo1, if you're going to bet on anyone bet on Liquid.Do we know what server rules Dream League has? I don't know if I want to bet my rares on Liquid or Fnatic. :D | ||
|
Gheizen64
Italy2077 Posts
On November 12 2013 19:33 Velr wrote: I actually think he is plain worse. Imho the Ulti is just too short to do much of anything now... He can get solokills on low HP heroes easier now, but he pretty much excelled at that before the patch too? Ulti is slightly worse now ya. I mean it maybe scale slightly better lategame, but other than that, it's worse all around. On the other hand, Lothar is now best item on slark officially since you can't use ur ulti as initiation anymore. | ||
|
cecek
Czech Republic18921 Posts
On November 12 2013 20:55 Gheizen64 wrote: Ulti is slightly worse now ya. I mean it maybe scale slightly better lategame, but other than that, it's worse all around. On the other hand, Lothar is now best item on slark officially since you can't use ur ulti as initiation anymore. Well, you couldn't really initiate with the old ult either, to be honest. It was just 5.5 seconds long and they could see the cloud coming. The nerfed cooldown on Shadowblade is a real bitch for Slark not, tho. Before you would activate Shadowblade like on your side of the river when you knew they can't see you, look through the jungle, hide in trees for a couple seconds for it to cooldown and do it again. Now that you have to wait 10s longer for the cooldown it's much more annoying. I think Shadowblade overall got worse for him, but is still pretty good. And the ult now I think is just different, not objectively worse/better I think. You're basically unkillable with all your spells on cooldown with the new ult now, you can now afford to be in way riskier situations without being in real danger now. The nerfed duration and cooldown balance it out nicely, imo. If the kept either the old cooldown or the old duration, I think the ult would be way broken. | ||
|
Gheizen64
Italy2077 Posts
On November 12 2013 21:09 cecek wrote: Well, you couldn't really initiate with the old ult either, to be honest. It was just 5.5 seconds long and they could see the cloud coming. The nerfed cooldown on Shadowblade is a real bitch for Slark not, tho. Before you would activate Shadowblade like on your side of the river when you knew they can't see you, look through the jungle, hide in trees for a couple seconds for it to cooldown and do it again. Now that you have to wait 10s longer for the cooldown it's much more annoying. I think Shadowblade overall got worse for him, but is still pretty good. Maybe initiation was a bad word. But in general, you could activate your old ulti from the trees only as a gap closer, but you can't do it anymore, so you need something else. | ||
|
cecek
Czech Republic18921 Posts
| ||
|
dismiss
United Kingdom3341 Posts
On November 12 2013 20:15 Velr wrote: Imho his Invis is just to short now OR he should become stunimmune for the Duration OR they should make him scale better... He just doesn't do much in the timespan of his ult... That he got countered by Dust/Sentries and this made him bad is kinda funny to say... Weaver and Bounty seem to work just fine but i guess people playing progames have no brains too (let alone how often Shadowblade was built on next to anyone before the nerf)? Because Gondar and Weaver fill a role similar to Slark... Oh wait they don't. Lothar's in high level/pro games is just as much,if not more, a tool to that enables aggression and denies the enemy vision and space. The defensive application, while nice, was/is the main reason to buy it on most heroes. In addition to that it was great value for money and gives you high burst damage. | ||
|
Mithhaike
Singapore2759 Posts
On November 12 2013 16:34 cecek wrote: Can we talk about Slark? I used to go Bottle, Treads, Shadow Blade, Orchid, later bkb. It was really amazing for ganking (you know they don't see you use shadowblade, you can solokill really well with silence, can farm and splitpush really fast with orchid regen, etc.), it started getting problematic when enemies 5 man, but you could usually farm your way to a bkb reasonably fast when you need to teamfight. Now I'm not really sure about the build. The shadowblade nerf really hit it, and the new ult is also not that good for ganking either. What the new ult is really good at is not dying, if you have all your spells on cooldown, 90% of team compositions just can't kill you. I'm almost thinking you should play him as a splitpusher now, just because he's so hard to kill even if you go under a tower. I haven't tried it yet, but I think Bottle, Treads, Soul Ring, Necrobook might be really good. I don't think you can skip the soul ring, you really need the mana regen. Maybe you could do Vlads instead? It's really good for pushing, but I don't think it's enough mana regen, and going both soul ring and vlads seems like too many little items. What do you people think? I personally find myself lacking mana on Slark too. I like soul ring on him. He's still a hero destroyer at early-mid levels, there's no point to go necrobook for split pushing. Yes he's unkillable in that role, but why waste his strength? | ||
|
cecek
Czech Republic18921 Posts
On November 12 2013 21:53 dismiss wrote: Because Gondar and Weaver fill a role similar to Slark... Oh wait they don't. Lothar's in high level/pro games is just as much,if not more, a tool to that enables aggression and denies the enemy vision and space. The defensive application, while nice, was/is the main reason to buy it on most heroes. In addition to that it was great value for money and gives you high burst damage. Before Shadowblade got nerfed twice (damage before, now cooldown) it was STUPID good. If the old Shadowblade didn't give you invisibility, but just had an active that gave you movement speed and backstab damage with the stats it had, it would've still been a decent item on many heroes. I'm not even joking, the stats were just too good for 3k gold. | ||
|
Gheizen64
Italy2077 Posts
On November 12 2013 21:56 Mithhaike wrote: I personally find myself lacking mana on Slark too. I like soul ring on him. He's still a hero destroyer at early-mid levels, there's no point to go necrobook for split pushing. Yes he's unkillable in that role, but why waste his strength? Early on, use dark pact only as a way to dispell stuns, and you won't have mana problems (i've found the health cost is too big for a max pact early build). Then later on, after lothar, you can go sheep, pretty broken item. | ||
|
BurningSera
Ireland19621 Posts
On November 12 2013 19:33 Velr wrote: I actually think he is plain worse. Imho the Ulti is just too short to do much of anything now... He can get solokills on low HP heroes easier now, but he pretty much excelled at that before the patch too? I was joking on the mainstream #1 hardcarry mirana by comparing her to slark xD While it is arguably that mirana ulti can help the team alot since she got lvl6 (thank fcking god that people now realize her ulti is super good), her ulti is not effective against organized team (that has good map vision/awareness etc), just like playing against slark, all you need to do is drop a sentry in the fight then it shouldn't cause big troubles in early/mid (just get a gem later). (Speaking of which, i said this somewhere before that I think the only way to justify a hardcarry mirana is to get deso+buriza at <25mins, in which if that happened then it really doesn't matter what carry hero was that.) I was saying that slark cannot be detected during ulti is no joke, while slark ulti duration is decreased as a 'balance nerf' and duration becomes 60s is acceptable imo because you dont have the mana to spam it in the first place so now you just use it to gank (1min 1kill is good enough) or join team fight. And I dislike orchid/lothar slark so much, i think they are very pubbish/cheesey/fun builds that you want the oppo to fear you that you enjoy killing stuffs etc but i prefer to see the oppo being hopeless to play against a slark with BKB (my standard chinese-ish slark build is drum+bkb and then usually bfly/AB). Of course here we assume that the slark plays some snowbally carry with level/farm advantage. So look back at that slark ulti duration nerf it doesn't look that bad, as soon as the player plays smart (good timing of using ulti+his dispel), he should be able to snowball from early game and then get a bkb to crush the souls of the oppo. | ||
|
cecek
Czech Republic18921 Posts
On November 12 2013 22:12 Gheizen64 wrote: Early on, use dark pact only as a way to dispell stuns, and you won't have mana problems (i've found the health cost is too big for a max pact early build). Then later on, after lothar, you can go sheep, pretty broken item. You need the mana for midgame when you have your ult regen, so you can afford to darkpact jungle creeps and creep waves. If you don't have any mana regen item, you just can't do that and you farm considerably slower. I think what we can all agree on is that there're two major ways to play Slark. Either making a solo ganker, or an early fighter. Both are viable and which is better depends on the gameplan and the situation. | ||
|
Stancel
Singapore15360 Posts
![]() | ||
|
ahswtini
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
On November 12 2013 23:10 Stancel wrote: Yo, I just matched a TLer in TMM and you were the yellow WR - won't you please tell me who you are? ![]() Did you get your ass kicked? | ||
|
Najda
United States3765 Posts
I played against a TL 5 stack the other day and they did lvl 1 roshan and ended up making a teammate ragequit in like 8 minutes. Fking tryhards ![]() | ||
| ||

