I think the only 1v1 discussion that makes sense is:
1v1, only self buffs, no couriers, no item activations, no infinite farming, rightclick battle.
If you allow using other spells and items, skill starts to be taken into consideration. And if you take perfect skills (like this AI), I imagine it would turn into some sort of a stalemate, where the first one to move loses, because he gets instantly hexed, because the perfect AI could see the other AI using a spell in the first frame of the animation.
I wonder why that is... A slight "nerf" to Void? I mean, there's definitely other similar WC3 DotA and Dota 2 discrepancies that were marked as intentional changes. It's only with Chrono, right? It doesn't come into play with any other spells. Or was it fixed at the same time as axes killing couriers? That would make sense.
On October 15 2013 23:59 Sn0_Man wrote: Windrunner actually makes a decent case with 100% evasion for a decent duration plus max attack speed for free and a low BAT. Sure she'd get crushed by like tinker but you should be able to windrun in response to say void timewalk + chrono which completely invalidates it, then just hit him with Focus Fire + rapier rapier daedalus sheep aghs megabasher or something. You lose to MKB but who puts that item on their dream 6-slot carry :3.
I think the only reasonable person I can think of beating void 1v1 is a Skeleton King with Refresher, but he has to somehow win the man fight and void has to have really bad rng luck, and SK isn't the best 1v1er really.
On October 15 2013 23:39 RockIronrod wrote: Huskar ghost sceptor - etheral blade - Aghs - abyssal -refresher - BKB best 1v1 hero in the game
How do you have Ghost Sceptre (spelled wrong regardless of your country) AND Ethereal blade (Still spelled wrong)? Using ethereal blade is literally the same thing as a ghost sceptre... Also you will literally lose to any hero that buys a blademail as well as any hero with rapid, reliable disable. And any hero with a BKB. Pretty much any hero, in other words.
I could say I was being obviously facetious (and that you don't appreciate how I had to add two misspellings to my phones auto correct for effect). or I could say ghost scepter abyssal refresh ghost scepter > 10 second BKB BKB > blademail Double Eth'd double dunk > * get next level theory crafted huskar best 1v1 it's just math
On October 15 2013 23:39 RockIronrod wrote: Huskar ghost sceptor - etheral blade - Aghs - abyssal -refresher - BKB best 1v1 hero in the game
How do you have Ghost Sceptre (spelled wrong regardless of your country) AND Ethereal blade (Still spelled wrong)? Using ethereal blade is literally the same thing as a ghost sceptre... Also you will literally lose to any hero that buys a blademail as well as any hero with rapid, reliable disable. And any hero with a BKB. Pretty much any hero, in other words.
I could say I was being obviously facetious (and that you don't appreciate how I had to add two misspellings to my phones auto correct for effect). or I could say ghost scepter abyssal refresh ghost scepter > 10 second BKB BKB > blademail Double Eth'd double dunk > * get next level theory crafted huskar best 1v1 it's just math
If you bkb then you don't win right click wars vs any half-real carry since they literally just hit you and you die. Double E-Blade dunk doesn't work since they just bkb and laugh at you.
This is ignoring the possibility of things like chronosphere/roar etc.
On October 15 2013 23:39 RockIronrod wrote: Huskar ghost sceptor - etheral blade - Aghs - abyssal -refresher - BKB best 1v1 hero in the game
How do you have Ghost Sceptre (spelled wrong regardless of your country) AND Ethereal blade (Still spelled wrong)? Using ethereal blade is literally the same thing as a ghost sceptre... Also you will literally lose to any hero that buys a blademail as well as any hero with rapid, reliable disable. And any hero with a BKB. Pretty much any hero, in other words.
I could say I was being obviously facetious (and that you don't appreciate how I had to add two misspellings to my phones auto correct for effect). or I could say ghost scepter abyssal refresh ghost scepter > 10 second BKB BKB > blademail Double Eth'd double dunk > * get next level theory crafted huskar best 1v1 it's just math
You're being overly condescending here when it actually is pretty useful to be able to judge who will win a man-fight with a given set of items. Obviously 6 item vs 6 item level 25 tends to be pretty meaningless in most scenarios, but the exercise isn't so entirely fruitless that it deserves this from you.
Actually, it's pretty amusing that 0 item no skills level 1 and 6 item level 25 are the most explored "who would win a man-fight?" questions when those 2 are of the least practical use in a real game.
Make random comment about slardar winning 1v1 vs void -go grocery shopping - come back to find GD overrun with theorycrafting about couriers. That was unexpected.
I don't know if Slardar wins in dota 2, I thought it was actually some chinese poster who said that there was a lot of mathcraft done on some chinese forum and the end conclusion was that slardar won 1v1 fights maxed out against any hero. Slardar is weaker in dota 2 than in dota 1 and this had to have been a patch or two ago though.
Slardar's agi/str gain are both above average for any type of carry (I think his agi gain is higher than a lot of agi heroes) and he can permabash, in addition to the -20 armor and stun.
edit - also, kunkka killing couriers made me rage so hard
level1/level 25 are the most talked about because they're the easiest to test, I think.
On October 15 2013 23:39 RockIronrod wrote: Huskar ghost sceptor - etheral blade - Aghs - abyssal -refresher - BKB best 1v1 hero in the game
How do you have Ghost Sceptre (spelled wrong regardless of your country) AND Ethereal blade (Still spelled wrong)? Using ethereal blade is literally the same thing as a ghost sceptre... Also you will literally lose to any hero that buys a blademail as well as any hero with rapid, reliable disable. And any hero with a BKB. Pretty much any hero, in other words.
I could say I was being obviously facetious (and that you don't appreciate how I had to add two misspellings to my phones auto correct for effect). or I could say ghost scepter abyssal refresh ghost scepter > 10 second BKB BKB > blademail Double Eth'd double dunk > * get next level theory crafted huskar best 1v1 it's just math
You're being overly condescending here when it actually is pretty useful to be able to judge who will win a man-fight with a given set of items. Obviously 6 item vs 6 item level 25 tends to be pretty meaningless in most scenarios, but the exercise isn't so entirely fruitless that it deserves this from you.
Actually, it's pretty amusing that 0 item no skills level 1 and 6 item level 25 are the most explored "who would win a man-fight?" questions when those 2 are of the least practical use in a real game.
It wasn't meant to be condescending, even if any kind of 1v1 theorycrafting past the landing stage is pretty much just masturbatory, it's still fun. It was a joke post about a parody post that got taken seriously. I don't think I take this thread seriously enough to be condescending in it.
I yearn for the days of when we discussed how to make treant viable in the meta. Or when it was about enchantress' tail. Okay, maybe not the enchantress' tail. That was a bit absurd even for a GD thread.