Honestly, I don't really see the point of a pos 4/5 pugna. You're a walking nether ward dispenser at that point. The nuke's range is way too short to fight (or counterpush), same with ultimate, you also have no mana. And you probably have to max the ward as a support, because it's the only relevant spells in fights, which means your nuke will probably be on a low level, so your tower-pushing is not as good as you would hope.
General Discussion - Page 4127
| Forum Index > Dota 2 General |
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2 Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads. | ||
|
cecek
Czech Republic18921 Posts
Honestly, I don't really see the point of a pos 4/5 pugna. You're a walking nether ward dispenser at that point. The nuke's range is way too short to fight (or counterpush), same with ultimate, you also have no mana. And you probably have to max the ward as a support, because it's the only relevant spells in fights, which means your nuke will probably be on a low level, so your tower-pushing is not as good as you would hope. | ||
|
TheYango
United States47024 Posts
I don't think I'd run Pugna as a 4 like NB suggests though. You want your level 9 timing to match the enemy supports' level 6 (so that ward punishes them for ulting in a fight). You lose that if you're not at least a 3. | ||
|
Scalepad
Sweden366 Posts
| ||
|
Comeh
United States18919 Posts
On October 16 2013 04:59 Scalepad wrote: Question for you guys: I played with some friends last weekend, all of whom are rated pretty high in the MMR, and we won most of our games (7 out of 11), does this mean I'm higher up in the MMR now? It feels like I'm facing opponents way better than me right now. Although my team is generally full of morons, so maybe not It'll probably propel your mmr up a bit, or at least in my experience it does. | ||
|
NB
Netherlands12045 Posts
Riot has such an effective social network design team. At least more than what ever Valve came up with so far. I remember people suggested this feature for dota2 4-5 months before TI2. | ||
|
Targe
United Kingdom14103 Posts
On October 16 2013 05:17 NB wrote: http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=13575345 Riot has such an effective social network design team. At least more than what ever Valve came up with so far. I remember people suggested this feature for dota2 4-5 months before TI2. I thought this was thought to be bad because it restricted the meta of the games? | ||
|
SKC
Brazil18828 Posts
On October 16 2013 05:17 NB wrote: http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=13575345 Riot has such an effective social network design team. At least more than what ever Valve came up with so far. I remember people suggested this feature for dota2 4-5 months before TI2. And I believe each time it was mentioned why it would work much better in a game like LoL with fixed roles. You would have to force a very rigid metagame for it to work in Dota. | ||
|
Jinxed
United States6450 Posts
On October 16 2013 05:17 NB wrote: http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=13575345 Riot has such an effective social network design team. At least more than what ever Valve came up with so far. I remember people suggested this feature for dota2 4-5 months before TI2. ...... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh god... that's priceless. Yeah you know what, I think we should highlight this, just because I'm pretty sure that we could go over this 100 times and reach the same conclusion. Dota is not LoL. Queuing for a role doesn't mean anywhere near as much as in League. Very few heroes in Dota are cookie cutter built for a specific role. I'd love to have thrown together pub trilanes. That might be the funniest thing that could happen from this. I'm pretty sure that 85% of them would lose the 3v1 as well because they have no idea how to play. | ||
|
SilverStar
Sweden18511 Posts
On October 16 2013 05:17 NB wrote: http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=13575345 Riot has such an effective social network design team. At least more than what ever Valve came up with so far. I remember people suggested this feature for dota2 4-5 months before TI2. You can only polish a crappy design so much. This doesn't really belong here anyway and as others have said queuing for a role in dota is stupid. If you need to play all roles on a basic level to understand the game. The riot philosophy is connected to their business model which limits the access to heroes. Obviously they will introduce something that supports that. | ||
|
NB
Netherlands12045 Posts
| ||
|
cecek
Czech Republic18921 Posts
| ||
|
Sn0_Man
Tebellong44238 Posts
| ||
|
Firebolt145
Lalalaland34507 Posts
| ||
|
SKC
Brazil18828 Posts
On October 16 2013 05:27 NB wrote: You dont need to implement a direct 1:1 copy from what LoL is making. For example just a simple system similar to the language/solo queue option but let you choose your prefer role instead. You dont need to specify hero but at least you can avoid cases where you have 5 carries on a team and no one buy chicken, What are the 5 roles in Dota pubs? Keep in mind they have to work from the lowest to the highest level of play. | ||
|
SilverStar
Sweden18511 Posts
On October 16 2013 05:27 NB wrote: You dont need to implement a direct 1:1 copy from what LoL is making. For example just a simple system similar to the language/solo queue option but let you choose your prefer role instead. You dont need to specify hero but at least you can avoid cases where you have 5 carries on a team and no one buy chicken, That's what.. CM is for.. did you think about that? On October 16 2013 05:28 Sn0_Man wrote: I'd bet good money that at this point the only reason riot doesn't charge for champions is that people who already bought them would complain. Skins and stuff like rune pages are far more profitable right now (I'm guessing). Since you know most people attempt to "main" certain champions which doesn't provide much incentive to actually buy others with money. Heroes are still the biggest money/ imaginary points sink. | ||
|
Sn0_Man
Tebellong44238 Posts
On October 16 2013 05:27 cecek wrote: What's so special about cm that Puppey picked it so much in SL finals? He picked it 3/4 games and banned it once. There were moments when he could get Rubick (which was the most post picked Na'Vi hero a while ago) or other supports, but he just picked the cm. CM can find farm in the jungle independent of the pull which makes her very strong against "abandoned" offlanes such as jungle bat since all the pull farm can go to the other support. Her mana is just nice at all stages, and her spells are pretty legit as nukes go, especially at low levels (better in trilanes than say rubick and better at zoning 2or3v1 as well). Her midgame impact remains decent as well with a big ulti and still 2 real nukes. Late game she falls off much harder than say rubick but that is a conscious draft choice. | ||
|
NB
Netherlands12045 Posts
On October 16 2013 05:27 cecek wrote: What's so special about cm that Puppey picked it so much in SL finals? He picked it 3/4 games and banned it once. There were moments when he could get Rubick (which was the most post picked Na'Vi hero a while ago) or other supports, but he just picked the cm. In my experience, CM corrects your lineup by providing a not-so-weak tri lane and let you mess around with other choices of carries and 2nd support. In one of the game he ban CM(the [A] ES game i think?), he just banned it so [A] dont have the mana source to spam out spells. CM is also one of the top support heroes that Akke is comfort with. | ||
|
SilverStar
Sweden18511 Posts
![]() Pictures like these make me want to start gambling too.. But I guess I would lose all of it. Can you bet mythicals btw? | ||
|
Jinxed
United States6450 Posts
On October 16 2013 05:29 Firebolt145 wrote: Hey guys I'd like to queue as a 4th position support in an aggressive trilane. Sorry I only play 5th position in defensive trilanes. | ||
|
Firebolt145
Lalalaland34507 Posts
On October 16 2013 05:34 LeLoup wrote: Sorry I only play 5th position in defensive trilanes. I guess we're incompatible then. | ||
| ||
![[image loading]](http://i.imgur.com/JRCEzDV.png)