• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:42
CEST 18:42
KST 01:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9907 users

General Discussion - Page 4117

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4115 4116 4117 4118 4119 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
October 14 2013 10:34 GMT
#82321
On October 14 2013 08:11 PHILtheTANK wrote:
Hmmm was wondering if someone here could give me a hand with something. I seem to have a "deadspot" on my screen(only in Dota) where an area that is basically goes the length of the Radiant hero Icons at the top of the screen and extending down a few inches into the actual game cannot be clicked at all. Like if i drag the selection box starting below the area up into the area it still works there, but I cannot start a click there(right click or left click). It's getting really annoying to try and play the game like this I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this?

Edit:

To clarify this is the unclickable area

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Perhaps it's the netstat box but somehow its transparency is set to the max so you don't see it but it's here, it's a rectangle so it fits.
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
October 14 2013 10:40 GMT
#82322
On October 14 2013 19:28 -Celestial- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 10:17 Comeh wrote:
There should be a roleplay mode where you are forced into roleplay comps and have to speak as though you are the hero.


Another time I was on Leoric making these grand annoucements and proclamations IN ALLCAPS.


Leoric #1 RP hero

"SUBMIT TO THE EMPIRE OF BONE"
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
October 14 2013 10:44 GMT
#82323
Flicking back a few pages. Had to respond to this:

On October 13 2013 07:30 trinxified wrote:
I'd only ever get Battlefury on AM to be honest... On other heroes, they are just decent, but usually there is a better buy.


Have to disagree. Battlefury on Void is really good.

Battlefury gets you a really fast MoM right after so you're not delaying much. And Battlefury cleave in a multi-person chrono is incredibly good. I had one game where my team was whining that I didn't have MoM at about 18 minutes or so because I'd gone super-greedy with midas/battlefury. Two minutes later I had MoM in full. One minute after that I caught a multi-hero chronosphere and killed them all, which I wouldn't have done without the cleave damage.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-14 10:50:40
October 14 2013 10:49 GMT
#82324
why did you go MoM on void ?
the only good reason is that you're incredibly behind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-14 11:03:15
October 14 2013 10:58 GMT
#82325
On October 14 2013 19:49 Erasme wrote:
why did you go MoM on void ?
the only good reason is that you're incredibly behind


Because they were whining for a MoM. So I went MoM to shut them up. EVERY pub game I play whines for a MoM on Void so I've just given into it by now.

Hey it got me a triple kill. *shrug*


Edit: I'd also like to add that its actually turned out to be not to bad a pick for me lately. I have a tendency to go for at least Battlefury if not Midas then Battlefury whenever I can get away with it. A MoM as a "smallish" item pickup right after that seems to net quite a few kills. Dunno, just works for me; I dislike delaying getting involved much longer because if my team is throwing by that point I can generally stem the bleeding whilst still having my farming items to fall back on when the game is stable once more.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
October 14 2013 11:13 GMT
#82326
Why is MOM on Void bad? When I have a good time, I usually go midas, treads, MOM. It's the highest dps build and you can be useful in fights early on even with the midas, you basically kill any hero in a chrono with mom active.
super gg
vndestiny
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore3473 Posts
October 14 2013 11:20 GMT
#82327
MOM is fun, and not that bad, it is the highest dps item for you at the time for just 2k, and allows for those sweet reverse kills.
CrazyBirdman
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany3509 Posts
October 14 2013 11:21 GMT
#82328
On October 14 2013 20:13 cecek wrote:
Why is MOM on Void bad? When I have a good time, I usually go midas, treads, MOM. It's the highest dps build and you can be useful in fights early on even with the midas, you basically kill any hero in a chrono with mom active.

I think it is just incredibly risky. If you delay your BKB and even get the damage taken amplifyed you basically ask to get nuked down during your chrono.
If I see that the team needs me in fights and I can't just go on farming I pick it up pretty often as well, if you can get a few people chrono'd when they are overextending just a little bit you can easily get some kills.
nojok
Profile Joined May 2011
France15846 Posts
October 14 2013 11:30 GMT
#82329
When you manage to be fat as void, specially early, it's more likely due to supports as void is one of the shittiest laner of the game. When you managed to get this guy fat and he dies because of his stupid glasscanon build, it drives a bit mad. Show a bit of respect to your mates when you force them to play 4o5 a decent amount of time and besides they're forced to play around you if they want a chance to win because you take the easiest lane.
"Back then teams that won were credited, now it's called throw. I think it's sad." - Kuroky - Flap Flap Wings!
Testuser
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
6469 Posts
October 14 2013 11:39 GMT
#82330
On October 14 2013 19:49 Erasme wrote:
why did you go MoM on void ?
the only good reason is that you're incredibly behind

what? If your team set-up can deal with it, and they can't, then a mom can be super powerful.
https://soundcloud.com/papercranesdk
Zealos
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom3576 Posts
October 14 2013 11:56 GMT
#82331
What to do against a SF that comes into midlane with 10 souls from veno wards?
On the internet if you disagree with or dislike something you're angry and taking it too seriously. == Join TLMafia !
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
October 14 2013 12:00 GMT
#82332
MoM is amazing on void, gives him lots of solo killing power, gives him even faster farming, it's just too good to not buy imo.
Clarty
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia162 Posts
October 14 2013 12:11 GMT
#82333
Mom is mediocre, especially if you are ahead/even. If you are dumping all your team's gold into one hero who is meant to carry you late game going glass cannon is stupid. If you are behind mom is good though because its cheap dps and you have to take risks if you want to win.
Sephyr
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia665 Posts
October 14 2013 12:19 GMT
#82334
An extra 200 gold into Hyperstone is imo a much better trade than choosing a MoM. Hyperstone can be built into AC later on and I just honestly love stacking armour reduction on Void. Midas into BFury into Hyperstone into Deso is insane. Especially if you get it really early.
Kishin2
Profile Joined May 2011
United States7534 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-14 12:50:21
October 14 2013 12:49 GMT
#82335
Hyperstone > MoM was the 2007 dota-allstars opinion. 100 AS + 30% MS + Lifesteal >> 55 AS nowadays. MoM helps you farm BKB so you can actually fight. Midas if you're doing well early game or maelstrom if you need the push/anti-push/enemy team has high armor. Battlefury is too expensive for Void to farm 90% of the time; I wouldn't get it.
RockIronrod
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia1369 Posts
October 14 2013 12:55 GMT
#82336
so it looks like no one else likes to be the lightning man nowadays
I don't even care if maelstrom is better or not, i'm timethor and you can all get fucked
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
October 14 2013 13:01 GMT
#82337
Battlefury too expensive for a 6-slot monster like Void? I rarely have a problem farming a good timed Battlefury on the back of a Midas; plus it provides excellent killing power in a chrono with that cleave.

As for MoM personally I always viewed it as pretty risky because it makes you VERY squishy and you really can't afford to die because you're such a hard carry. But I've found that as your first item after your farming items it provides really nice kill potential (especially with a Battlefury's cleave).

Depends on the lineup of course. If I can get kills I grab an MoM. If I'm taking a lot of abuse I'll get a BKB or something.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
October 14 2013 13:08 GMT
#82338
On October 14 2013 21:49 Kishin2 wrote:
Hyperstone > MoM was the 2007 dota-allstars opinion. 100 AS + 30% MS + Lifesteal >> 55 AS nowadays. MoM helps you farm BKB so you can actually fight. Midas if you're doing well early game or maelstrom if you need the push/anti-push/enemy team has high armor. Battlefury is too expensive for Void to farm 90% of the time; I wouldn't get it.

Out of interest (I never play carry) does the battlefury alone not give you enough farming power?
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
Kraznaya
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3711 Posts
October 14 2013 13:13 GMT
#82339
whenw ill ppl learn that u dont necessarily have to activate mom in teamfights and mom is amazing for farming
do you have enough resolve, hero of justice?
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-14 13:19:06
October 14 2013 13:18 GMT
#82340
On October 14 2013 22:13 Kraznaya wrote:
whenw ill ppl learn that u dont necessarily have to activate mom in teamfights and mom is amazing for farming

i think the problem with that is if you dont activate it its just 2k gold of nothing for that fight (you likely already have a midas which is another 2k of not really much) and it doesnt build into anything so it delays a large item
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
Prev 1 4115 4116 4117 4118 4119 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Codebar 41
mouzHeroMarine 15
UpATreeSC 1
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1239
Shuttle 1136
Mini 696
Soma 651
actioN 480
Rush 451
Light 352
Larva 329
BeSt 229
Snow 161
[ Show more ]
hero 132
firebathero 109
Zeus 65
Barracks 61
Liquid`Ret 57
Aegong 57
Dewaltoss 32
Shinee 29
Sexy 29
JYJ 27
ToSsGirL 26
soO 26
Shine 25
Bale 22
Trap 20
sorry 16
zelot 15
Terrorterran 12
Rock 12
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8116
qojqva2032
Dendi913
420jenkins169
Counter-Strike
Fnx 766
x6flipin616
pashabiceps592
ceh9388
edward52
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5742
Grubby3054
Liquid`Hasu219
Other Games
byalli460
Beastyqt418
B2W.Neo379
Khaldor216
Liquid`VortiX170
ArmadaUGS154
DeMusliM148
KnowMe140
BRAT_OK 99
Trikslyr54
TKL 52
C9.Mang038
Railgan4
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV256
BasetradeTV215
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream141
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH248
• StrangeGG 68
• mYiSmile130
• Reevou 6
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 9
• FirePhoenix7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV430
League of Legends
• Nemesis2748
• TFBlade739
Other Games
• Shiphtur285
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 18m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 18m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.