General Discussion - Page 4116
| Forum Index > Dota 2 General |
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2 Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads. | ||
|
Soap
Brazil1546 Posts
| ||
|
PHILtheTANK
United States1834 Posts
On October 14 2013 08:52 Spicy_Curry wrote: Do you use any mods? Any console commands? None at all. | ||
|
Nilrem
United States3684 Posts
On October 14 2013 08:54 FinestHour wrote: dire doesnt have enough kawaii girl heroes with kawaii skins that was the only real issue I disagree: + Show Spoiler + ![]() Of course I do not see it being competitive, I would like to see a Dire V. Radiant mode just for kicks and giggles. Would be entertaining or at least fun for me. The one thing I do worry about is by virtue of adding more modes, the player pool in each will potentially be diminished leading to longer queues and more unbalanced matches. That is my biggest worry when it comes to new game modes. | ||
|
tehh4ck3r
Magrathea7086 Posts
On October 14 2013 09:31 Nilrem wrote: I disagree: + Show Spoiler + ![]() Of course I do not see it being competitive, I would like to see a Dire V. Radiant mode just for kicks and giggles. Would be entertaining or at least fun for me. The one thing I do worry about is by virtue of adding more modes, the player pool in each will potentially be diminished leading to longer queues and more unbalanced matches. That is my biggest worry when it comes to new game modes. Not necessarily, many people queue with multiple modes selected so it's not going to be that big of an issue. | ||
|
Comeh
United States18919 Posts
| ||
|
Mataza
Germany5364 Posts
On October 14 2013 10:17 Comeh wrote: There should be a roleplay mode where you are forced into roleplay comps and have to speak as though you are the hero. It should probably be turn based, or forced microphone, because it would basically be turn based, people standing still whenever they write something. | ||
|
Comeh
United States18919 Posts
On October 14 2013 10:29 Mataza wrote: It should probably be turn based, or forced microphone, because it would basically be turn based, people standing still whenever they write something. I'm fine with standing still. I mean, can you walk and talk at the same time? Didn't think so. | ||
|
Mataza
Germany5364 Posts
On October 14 2013 10:32 Comeh wrote: I'm fine with standing still. I mean, can you walk and talk at the same time? Didn't think so. The amount of times I get killed because I'm busy arguing with random people I will never see again is too damn high. Even once would be too much, but it happened more than once already. | ||
|
writer22816
United States5775 Posts
On October 14 2013 08:54 FinestHour wrote: dire doesnt have enough kawaii girl heroes with kawaii skins that was the only real issue EternalEnvy should sponsor somebody to make these anime girl hero mods. First Saber juggernaut and then Misaka Mikoto storm spirit lmao. My prediction is Riza Hawkeye sniper next ![]() | ||
|
TheYango
United States47024 Posts
On October 14 2013 01:18 Blitzkrieg0 wrote: It does not work the same way as dota1 and is on the bugs list. Many consider it a fix to auras and that it should be moved to the intended changes list. To elaborate a bit, auras in DotA 1 have a fade time of a couple seconds where it will take a short amount of time upon entering an Aura's radius to gain the effect, and upon leaving it to lose it. When the Spirit passes over you, the damage occurs instantly, while it should take a second or so for the aura to apply, meaning the Spirit should not get the aura effect on it's damage. There are actually some skills which are more consequentially affected though. One of the bigger one's is Slark's regen passive on his ultimate, which is based on the Fountain of Life regen aura. Immediately losing the passive regen upon entering vision, as opposed to having it linger for a couple seconds can be a big deal in chases when enemies are intermittently gaining and losing vision of you. Personally I disagree with those who consider it an intended change. There are too many skills that are affected too drastically, and many of them could have been coded in a way that did not have the aura fade effect (e.g. Icefrog could have used triggers for Slark's regen the way he did for Heart if he wanted it to avoid aura fade shenanigans), but Icefrog willingly chose to keep that behavior when he didn't have to. | ||
|
Doraemon
Australia14949 Posts
On October 14 2013 12:49 TheYango wrote: There are actually some skills which are more consequentially affected though. One of the bigger one's is Slark's regen passive on his ultimate, which is based on the Fountain of Life regen aura.] quick question, how come the fountain aura does take a couple of seconds to debuff? | ||
|
rabidch
United States20289 Posts
On October 14 2013 13:37 Doraemon wrote: quick question, how come the fountain aura does take a couple of seconds to debuff? i would guess they dont consider it an aura | ||
|
WindWolf
Sweden11767 Posts
| ||
|
FakeDeath
Malaysia6060 Posts
So I was playing a game of Anti-Mage and we were winning all through out the whole game. And then suddenly my whole team dc and my game we recorded as a loss Is this some kind of bug? http://dotabuff.com/matches/344185305 | ||
|
solidbebe
Netherlands4921 Posts
| ||
|
BlitzerSC
Italy8800 Posts
On October 14 2013 10:17 Comeh wrote: There should be a roleplay mode where you are forced into roleplay comps and have to speak as though you are the hero. Everytime I pick Zeus I also like to role play him. I scream so much in TS, I think my friends are starting to hate my Zeus picks :D. | ||
|
Kaniol
Poland5551 Posts
On October 14 2013 17:11 BlitzerSC wrote: Everytime I pick Zeus I also like to role play him. I scream so much in TS, I think my friends are starting to hate my Zeus picks :D. Thank you Zeus! But our princess is in another castle! | ||
|
Kuroeeah
11696 Posts
| ||
|
Emnjay808
United States10666 Posts
| ||
|
-Celestial-
United Kingdom3867 Posts
On October 14 2013 10:17 Comeh wrote: There should be a roleplay mode where you are forced into roleplay comps and have to speak as though you are the hero. Done this and seen this done a few times. One time was this whole romance thing between Gondar and Lanaya. Another time I was on Leoric making these grand announcements and proclamations IN ALLCAPS. And, of course, Axe is always fun. Plus the stereotypical: "Hey, Invoker? MAGIC SUCKS!" on AM if there's one on the other team. | ||
| ||
![[image loading]](http://i.imgur.com/XKUkiPs.jpg)
![[image loading]](http://www.abload.de/img/beholdmybeauty7gbr8.jpg)
