• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:58
CEST 15:58
KST 22:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6810 users

General Discussion - Page 4114

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4112 4113 4114 4115 4116 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-13 06:31:09
October 13 2013 06:30 GMT
#82261
Geez I'm terrible with DS... After laning phase, I seem to be lost and not know what to do after.

I feel so squishy sometimes too, even after getting the quick Mek. And in team fights I can't gauge when and where to put the Wall down.
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-13 06:37:20
October 13 2013 06:33 GMT
#82262
Anyone remember F4l? what ever happened to him? he was a pretty common name for a long time.

*edit* Never mind apparently he's playing League now.
Daaktard
Profile Joined March 2013
Sweden380 Posts
October 13 2013 06:53 GMT
#82263
On October 13 2013 14:36 trifecta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2013 14:27 Haee wrote:
On October 13 2013 14:22 trifecta wrote:
people who roleplay as their hero in voice chat are great

give some examples lol.


just played with a witch doctor who did the voice pretty well the entire game. the accent would break whenever something funny happened (mostly this one chronosphere + aghs death ward rampage), but quite convincing.


Ah man, that reminds me of one of the few times I've played on NA servers. Me and 2 friends got this 2 stack that picked Skeleton King and Beastmaster. They roleplayed the shit out of that, we couldn't stop laughing the entire game.
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
October 13 2013 06:57 GMT
#82264
On October 13 2013 15:33 Esoterikk wrote:
Anyone remember F4l? what ever happened to him? he was a pretty common name for a long time.

*edit* Never mind apparently he's playing League now.


fnatic f4l yo

that kid was toxic as hell in every single ixdl game
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
Nilrem
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3684 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-13 08:09:46
October 13 2013 08:09 GMT
#82265
On October 13 2013 15:30 trinxified wrote:
Geez I'm terrible with DS... After laning phase, I seem to be lost and not know what to do after.

I feel so squishy sometimes too, even after getting the quick Mek. And in team fights I can't gauge when and where to put the Wall down.


For me DS feels like a hero where you either do very well it suck really badly. My last match I decided to jungle and sadly clock was hard lane alone. He died a bunch and I thought we lost but the synergy between DS and Clock is just too awesome. Pretty much any time we did not get in a poor position we dominated them.

After laning phase, I tend to jump around the map, throwing down shells and speeding the creeps to push out the lanes (while getting gold). Can also stop pushes and go into jungle if need some gold. For me, I tend to do a bunch of busy work until team wishes to do something (or they are attacked).

Edit: Side note, even though I am commenting on DS, I too am horrible to take with it what you will
Meepo Haters gonna Hate. https://twitter.com/KazeNilrem (@KazeNilrem)
Daaktard
Profile Joined March 2013
Sweden380 Posts
October 13 2013 08:25 GMT
#82266
Personally, I've come to the conclusion that DS just isn't a good pub hero.

He's not a bursty ganker, doesn't offer that much disable and wont "carry" a game. He does bring some utility(fast mek is nice) but it feels underwhelming. Then again many of the times I've picked him someone picked an offlaner after me and I end up having to jungle and buy courier/wards/upgrade/more wards.
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
October 13 2013 08:43 GMT
#82267
On October 13 2013 17:25 Daaktard wrote:
Personally, I've come to the conclusion that DS just isn't a good pub hero.

He's not a bursty ganker, doesn't offer that much disable and wont "carry" a game. He does bring some utility(fast mek is nice) but it feels underwhelming. Then again many of the times I've picked him someone picked an offlaner after me and I end up having to jungle and buy courier/wards/upgrade/more wards.


Jungle DS is really quick, I don't mind having to jungle him.
Daaktard
Profile Joined March 2013
Sweden380 Posts
October 13 2013 08:50 GMT
#82268
On October 13 2013 17:43 Laurens wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2013 17:25 Daaktard wrote:
Personally, I've come to the conclusion that DS just isn't a good pub hero.

He's not a bursty ganker, doesn't offer that much disable and wont "carry" a game. He does bring some utility(fast mek is nice) but it feels underwhelming. Then again many of the times I've picked him someone picked an offlaner after me and I end up having to jungle and buy courier/wards/upgrade/more wards.


Jungle DS is really quick, I don't mind having to jungle him.


I don't mind jungling him either, I just really want to screw with the safelane carry.
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
October 13 2013 09:02 GMT
#82269
On October 13 2013 17:25 Daaktard wrote:
Personally, I've come to the conclusion that DS just isn't a good pub hero.

He's not a bursty ganker, doesn't offer that much disable and wont "carry" a game. He does bring some utility(fast mek is nice) but it feels underwhelming. Then again many of the times I've picked him someone picked an offlaner after me and I end up having to jungle and buy courier/wards/upgrade/more wards.

buy lothars instead of mek. ninja seer incoming
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
RockIronrod
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia1369 Posts
October 13 2013 09:47 GMT
#82270
Aghs/refreshee Dark Seer is the only hero that's ever won me a game against megas.
SkelA
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Macedonia13090 Posts
October 13 2013 09:48 GMT
#82271
On October 13 2013 17:25 Daaktard wrote:
Personally, I've come to the conclusion that DS just isn't a good pub hero.

He's not a bursty ganker, doesn't offer that much disable and wont "carry" a game. He does bring some utility(fast mek is nice) but it feels underwhelming. Then again many of the times I've picked him someone picked an offlaner after me and I end up having to jungle and buy courier/wards/upgrade/more wards.


Not really ds in pub is one of the easiests heros to play. You can win 1v2 or break even vs trilanes as offlane giving your other allies to do their work if they are not terrible.

The hero is super tanky with great escape mechanism , and wall vaccum is just too good in any stages of the game.
Stork and KHAN fan till 2012 ...
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
October 13 2013 11:43 GMT
#82272
On October 13 2013 18:02 rabidch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2013 17:25 Daaktard wrote:
Personally, I've come to the conclusion that DS just isn't a good pub hero.

He's not a bursty ganker, doesn't offer that much disable and wont "carry" a game. He does bring some utility(fast mek is nice) but it feels underwhelming. Then again many of the times I've picked him someone picked an offlaner after me and I end up having to jungle and buy courier/wards/upgrade/more wards.

buy lothars instead of mek. ninja seer incoming

midas/lothars will become the new standard once bone7 sees that post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
October 13 2013 11:59 GMT
#82273
DS is great in pubs (meaning probably duo lanes) for messing up the carry's farm when he's melee.
Bora Pain minha porra!
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
October 13 2013 12:04 GMT
#82274
Ds is good in pubs because even in the face of disadvantages it makes it really hard for the enemy to go highground or take big teamfights since a decent Vacuum Wall will wreck them. He is also a hard offlaner to deal with for less experienced people and can always duck in the jungle if need be. Surge is a good ability to get people out of trouble or to get your enemies into trouble.

He won't carry a game on his own though.
WriterXiao8~~
hooahah
Profile Joined October 2011
3752 Posts
October 13 2013 12:10 GMT
#82275
on the subject of pulling a good vacuum/wall combo - buy a blink dagger. Wall cast range is pretty much melee so you have to get upfront and personal with them.

I also like to skip buying the Mana boots, though most people buy them. Soul Ring is more than enough mana for me :x

question: how do you people feel about getting both Linkens and BKB on heroes such as Slark, Weaver? depends on the lineup obviously but I feel as if survivability > burst damage for those heroes
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
October 13 2013 12:18 GMT
#82276
Imo DS its a great pub hero, mostly because people understimate the power of Surge/IonShield... and if they see a squishy hero like DS they just go "kill, kill, kill" and at the end they end up being killed by shield lol
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
Belisarius
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia6233 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-13 13:09:22
October 13 2013 13:06 GMT
#82277
DS is a great pub hero. He won't win a game solo, no, of course. He's not a pub stomper, but that doesn't mean he's not a good pub hero. Those are different things, as far as I'm concerned.

He offers a huge number of things that most pubs lack, and provided at least one other person on your team is better than a drooling idiot. he's incredibly useful.

In lanes, he screws up the opposing carry and shouldn't die unless they trilane well. He gets your team a good early mek, and is very hard to disrupt. He can jungle, offlane or even mid, so he's flexible and independent. More importantly, though, he's just resilient. He's the antithesis of a hero that wins hard or goes home, because on a losing team his ability to find farm, push lanes and turn fights around is probably second-to-none.

Idk, feels like I have completely opposite experiences with him to half the people in the thread. Doesn't mean I always win, of course, but he's pretty damn hard to fail with. Even on a losing team, he always makes a contribution while being so much more team-oriented than standard "pub" heroes.
lilopuppy
Profile Joined August 2012
Philippines542 Posts
October 13 2013 13:06 GMT
#82278
I have two questions.

1. Is ETitan OP? Or is he just really really strong? Whether he is OP or not, I think Ancestral Spirit is plain broken.

2. I've seen Space Cow picked almost every time I tune in to BTS to watch some WPC games, is he officially in the meta now?
All the way to TI322!
EnumaAvalon
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Philippines3613 Posts
October 13 2013 13:20 GMT
#82279
On October 13 2013 22:06 lilopuppy wrote:
I have two questions.

1. Is ETitan OP? Or is he just really really strong? Whether he is OP or not, I think Ancestral Spirit is plain broken.

2. I've seen Space Cow picked almost every time I tune in to BTS to watch some WPC games, is he officially in the meta now?

1. Just very good was the general consensus. It was discussed a few pages back. Majorly, a lot of people said that the range was its inhibiting factor but its still very very strong.

2. Those are kinda fringe picks. Not YET meta but he's seeing more and more action.
(._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.) They see me rolling. They hating.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
October 13 2013 13:25 GMT
#82280
The bug on Elder Titan makes him significantly stronger in Dota 2 then in Dota 1.
WriterXiao8~~
Prev 1 4112 4113 4114 4115 4116 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech151
Codebar 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3615
Jaedong 2578
Leta 2268
Soulkey 1921
EffOrt 1045
Soma 677
Mini 503
Horang2 385
BeSt 317
Light 305
[ Show more ]
Stork 262
Rush 261
Larva 231
Snow 185
Killer 140
ggaemo 131
Barracks 117
hero 115
Zeus 114
firebathero 99
JYJ 90
Mong 63
Sea.KH 61
Sharp 42
Shinee 31
ToSsGirL 30
Aegong 29
Bale 29
sorry 22
zelot 21
Sexy 19
Shine 11
Rock 11
Sacsri 8
Terrorterran 8
JulyZerg 7
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6795
qojqva1340
Dendi730
XaKoH 449
Counter-Strike
Fnx 578
kRYSTAL_84
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4313
Khaldor179
Other Games
gofns44799
singsing1640
olofmeister1236
B2W.Neo829
byalli573
Lowko377
Livibee207
DeMusliM201
mouzStarbuck161
Liquid`VortiX142
ArmadaUGS97
OGKoka 90
Chillindude13
amsayoshi11
Railgan8
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV333
BasetradeTV213
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream178
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 63
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 25
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV358
League of Legends
• Nemesis1756
• Jankos1734
• TFBlade424
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 2m
Kung Fu Cup
21h 2m
The PondCast
1d 20h
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.