• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:58
CEST 15:58
KST 22:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6810 users

General Discussion - Page 4113

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4111 4112 4113 4114 4115 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
October 13 2013 01:22 GMT
#82241
we can swap couriers ill give u my ti3 dragon for ur tinkbot for a day
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
Animzor
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden2154 Posts
October 13 2013 01:45 GMT
#82242
How viable is it to get a farming item on Alch? instead if say, shadow blade + desolator? I always get SS+Deso. Farming seems impossible.
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
October 13 2013 02:00 GMT
#82243
dont get deso on alch much better items that syergize better
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
October 13 2013 02:03 GMT
#82244
100 pages in 2 days. You're ways of spamming disgust me. How is one supposed to read all that?
I hate skipping pages, but there's just not enough hours in the day for 50 pages of just this thread.
Or do you guys already make haste towards the golden 5000th page?

Now for something different:
I started a weekly challenge thing to help improve my dozen or so bad mates.
(they actually want to improve, don't tell me "let them learn the game at their own pace".)
I already have some different ideas for that:
- "jungle with hero X for 10 minutes and get *** GPM"
- "slay roshan by as fast as you can, no ursa"
- "lasthit for 10 minutes in lane with hero X"
Obviously(to me) these are meant to be done in a private lobby with the goal to improve their mechanics.

I want some more ideas though, as overall I have only 5 different challenges if I don't count switching out heroes.
Does anyone have a good idea what other challenges I could pose?
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
RuskiPanda
Profile Joined December 2011
United States2906 Posts
October 13 2013 02:19 GMT
#82245
On October 13 2013 10:45 Animzor wrote:
How viable is it to get a farming item on Alch? instead if say, shadow blade + desolator? I always get SS+Deso. Farming seems impossible.


shadowblade is generally only if you're behind and need to be fighting to make up for it. If you have a decent laning phase then some combination of midas/battlefury/radiance is generally desired
Jinxed
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States6450 Posts
October 13 2013 02:21 GMT
#82246
On October 13 2013 11:19 RuskiPanda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2013 10:45 Animzor wrote:
How viable is it to get a farming item on Alch? instead if say, shadow blade + desolator? I always get SS+Deso. Farming seems impossible.


shadowblade is generally only if you're behind and need to be fighting to make up for it. If you have a decent laning phase then some combination of midas/battlefury/radiance is generally desired


shadowblade make alch an extreme threat to solo kill almost anyone in the game. If you're ahead it opens up the map so much that the enemy can't put pressure on you as you do go for that farming item.

That being said, I like maelstrom and then AC after shadowblade, but that's just me.
LiquidDota Staff"LeLoup is a great name pls undo." -Liquid`Nazgul
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
October 13 2013 02:25 GMT
#82247
On October 13 2013 11:03 Mataza wrote:
100 pages in 2 days.

I checked and it was only 10 pages in 2 days. That's normal for GD.
Moderator
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
October 13 2013 02:29 GMT
#82248
On October 13 2013 11:25 Firebolt145 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2013 11:03 Mataza wrote:
100 pages in 2 days.

I checked and it was only 10 pages in 2 days. That's normal for GD.

I failed at counting, hahaha. 4099-4113 is indeed not 100 pages if you look very closely at the last 2 figures.
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
October 13 2013 02:55 GMT
#82249
On October 13 2013 11:29 Mataza wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2013 11:25 Firebolt145 wrote:
On October 13 2013 11:03 Mataza wrote:
100 pages in 2 days.

I checked and it was only 10 pages in 2 days. That's normal for GD.

I failed at counting, hahaha. 4099-4113 is indeed not 100 pages if you look very closely at the last 2 figures.

There are very few discussion topics that can foster that kind of post count in the GD thread.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
October 13 2013 03:05 GMT
#82250
well fuck me, i bet 3 rares on rstars vs lgdint when the odds were 3.5 rares for my 3 now i get 2
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
October 13 2013 03:06 GMT
#82251
On October 13 2013 11:03 Mataza wrote:
100 pages in 2 days. You're ways of spamming disgust me. How is one supposed to read all that?
I hate skipping pages, but there's just not enough hours in the day for 50 pages of just this thread.
Or do you guys already make haste towards the golden 5000th page?

Now for something different:
I started a weekly challenge thing to help improve my dozen or so bad mates.
(they actually want to improve, don't tell me "let them learn the game at their own pace".)
I already have some different ideas for that:
- "jungle with hero X for 10 minutes and get *** GPM"
- "slay roshan by as fast as you can, no ursa"
- "lasthit for 10 minutes in lane with hero X"
Obviously(to me) these are meant to be done in a private lobby with the goal to improve their mechanics.

I want some more ideas though, as overall I have only 5 different challenges if I don't count switching out heroes.
Does anyone have a good idea what other challenges I could pose?


I personally do X last hits and denies in 10 minutes mid with no item no skill shadow fiend to see what I can get, I'll also do it with CM if I want to improve my timings. I like to try and do chain pulls to get tri lane pull timings down as well as trying to control a lane with a hero, for example I'll place two sentries in a line and try and keep the creeps as close to that as possible.
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
October 13 2013 03:22 GMT
#82252
On October 13 2013 12:06 Esoterikk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2013 11:03 Mataza wrote:
100 pages in 2 days. You're ways of spamming disgust me. How is one supposed to read all that?
I hate skipping pages, but there's just not enough hours in the day for 50 pages of just this thread.
Or do you guys already make haste towards the golden 5000th page?

Now for something different:
I started a weekly challenge thing to help improve my dozen or so bad mates.
(they actually want to improve, don't tell me "let them learn the game at their own pace".)
I already have some different ideas for that:
- "jungle with hero X for 10 minutes and get *** GPM"
- "slay roshan by as fast as you can, no ursa"
- "lasthit for 10 minutes in lane with hero X"
Obviously(to me) these are meant to be done in a private lobby with the goal to improve their mechanics.

I want some more ideas though, as overall I have only 5 different challenges if I don't count switching out heroes.
Does anyone have a good idea what other challenges I could pose?


I personally do X last hits and denies in 10 minutes mid with no item no skill shadow fiend to see what I can get, I'll also do it with CM if I want to improve my timings. I like to try and do chain pulls to get tri lane pull timings down as well as trying to control a lane with a hero, for example I'll place two sentries in a line and try and keep the creeps as close to that as possible.

The lane controlling between 2 wards sounds fucking awesome. Big thanks to that.

If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-13 04:06:28
October 13 2013 04:03 GMT
#82253
On October 13 2013 10:45 Animzor wrote:
How viable is it to get a farming item on Alch? instead if say, shadow blade + desolator? I always get SS+Deso. Farming seems impossible.

Typically AC is the better follow-up to Lothar's. At the point where you're looking at your 2nd item after getting Lothar's, you are looking for attack speed and armor more than damage (especially if you got Phase Boots, which is usually the case for Lothar's-first Alchemist--Treads are generally paired with one of the farming items like BF or Maelstrom). Your base HP is very high because of your ultimate, but your base armor is low and you have poor Agi growth. AC and Deso are both -armor sources, but AC gives more stats that you need, and helps your team. It's better for yourself because of the stat-appropriateness, AND is also a team item, so there's very little reason to get Deso unless the timing on AC is awkward for whatever reason.

On October 13 2013 11:21 LeLoup wrote:
shadowblade make alch an extreme threat to solo kill almost anyone in the game. If you're ahead it opens up the map so much that the enemy can't put pressure on you as you do go for that farming item.

This.

If anything, SB is stronger when you're ahead, not behind, because your solo-killing threat goes up, which puts pressure on squishier enemy heroes.
Moderator
tube
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States1475 Posts
October 13 2013 04:52 GMT
#82254
anyone who doesnt get vlads on alch doenst understand dota
Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection.
trifecta
Profile Joined April 2010
United States6795 Posts
October 13 2013 05:22 GMT
#82255
people who roleplay as their hero in voice chat are great
Haee
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
522 Posts
October 13 2013 05:27 GMT
#82256
On October 13 2013 14:22 trifecta wrote:
people who roleplay as their hero in voice chat are great

give some examples lol.
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
October 13 2013 05:31 GMT
#82257
Getting shadowblade Alch is just nice because it gives you that "escape" when you miss your stun timing.
trifecta
Profile Joined April 2010
United States6795 Posts
October 13 2013 05:36 GMT
#82258
On October 13 2013 14:27 Haee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2013 14:22 trifecta wrote:
people who roleplay as their hero in voice chat are great

give some examples lol.


just played with a witch doctor who did the voice pretty well the entire game. the accent would break whenever something funny happened (mostly this one chronosphere + aghs death ward rampage), but quite convincing.
Acritter
Profile Joined August 2010
Syria7637 Posts
October 13 2013 05:50 GMT
#82259
Is the interaction with Elder Titan where you can get Echo Stomp to activate after your Spirit hits the time limit and starts returning intended or a bug? I mean, I'm going to try my best to abuse it either way, but I'm curious whether the very strong moving Stomp is going to get patched.
dont let your memes be dreams - konydora, motivational speaker | not actually living in syria
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
October 13 2013 05:56 GMT
#82260
On October 13 2013 14:50 Acritter wrote:
Is the interaction with Elder Titan where you can get Echo Stomp to activate after your Spirit hits the time limit and starts returning intended or a bug? I mean, I'm going to try my best to abuse it either way, but I'm curious whether the very strong moving Stomp is going to get patched.

intended. if i dont misinterpret your description, this could be done in wc3 dota
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Prev 1 4111 4112 4113 4114 4115 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech151
Codebar 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3615
Jaedong 2578
Leta 2268
Soulkey 1921
EffOrt 1045
Soma 677
Mini 503
Horang2 385
BeSt 317
Light 305
[ Show more ]
Stork 262
Rush 261
Larva 231
Snow 185
Killer 140
ggaemo 131
Barracks 117
hero 115
Zeus 114
firebathero 99
JYJ 90
Mong 63
Sea.KH 61
Sharp 42
Shinee 31
ToSsGirL 30
Aegong 29
Bale 29
sorry 22
zelot 21
Sexy 19
Shine 11
Rock 11
Sacsri 8
Terrorterran 8
JulyZerg 7
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6795
qojqva1340
Dendi730
XaKoH 449
Counter-Strike
Fnx 578
kRYSTAL_84
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4313
Khaldor179
Other Games
gofns44799
singsing1640
olofmeister1236
B2W.Neo829
byalli573
Lowko377
Livibee207
DeMusliM201
mouzStarbuck161
Liquid`VortiX142
ArmadaUGS97
OGKoka 90
Chillindude13
amsayoshi11
Railgan8
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV333
BasetradeTV213
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream178
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 63
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 25
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV358
League of Legends
• Nemesis1756
• Jankos1734
• TFBlade424
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 2m
Kung Fu Cup
21h 2m
The PondCast
1d 20h
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.