• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:34
CEST 19:34
KST 02:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10504 users

Monk - Builds/Discussion - Page 36

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 141 Next
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
May 30 2012 22:55 GMT
#701
You just have to be patient and wait for blizzard to get a handle on tuning this game.

Right now Blizzard thinks instant teleporting no telegraph one shot enemies make a game "difficult."
twitch.tv/medrea
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23438 Posts
May 30 2012 23:16 GMT
#702
On May 31 2012 05:47 Medrea wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2012 03:27 Slayer91 wrote:
On May 31 2012 03:21 Medrea wrote:
On May 30 2012 18:22 JackDino wrote:
How exactly does 100 fist and 7 sided strike work? The 7 fist strikes in 100fist, do they do 140% weapon damage total? What happens if you increase the number of strikes, same goes for 7sided strike.
If you increase 7sided to 9 strikes, does the damage increase aswell?


The 7 attacks do add up to 1.4 so that other rune makes it 1.8

The perk is that you get additional chances to crit, which fuels various abilities.


Why not just use WINDFORCE flurry. 250% weapon damage is one of the highest monk nukes in the game sadly enough and 0 cd.


After Act 2 I can't afford it survivability wise, I need the spirit from spirit salvo.


Spirit salvo seems a bit weak tho, is it 15% per combo, or 15% per hit? 15% per combo is less than 1 spirit per combo which seems pretty bad compared to the damage output.
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
May 30 2012 23:50 GMT
#703
15 percent per activation. Every punch is an activation, 3 activations over the whole combo.

They dont want you thinking every punch in the second attack grants spirit.
twitch.tv/medrea
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23438 Posts
May 31 2012 00:05 GMT
#704
So a bit less than 3 every 18 spirit so less than 20% increase in spirit generation from it.

windforce flurry is a minimum of 30% extra damage not counting all the stuff hit from the line through.

I don't use WoTHF as my main generator so that's probably why I don't miss the spirit too much, I dunno.
tjtombo
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States295 Posts
May 31 2012 00:29 GMT
#705
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WiXTjQ!bXY!ZZZZZa

I like this build because i heal alot and dont really die
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
May 31 2012 00:46 GMT
#706
On May 31 2012 09:05 Slayer91 wrote:
So a bit less than 3 every 18 spirit so less than 20% increase in spirit generation from it.

windforce flurry is a minimum of 30% extra damage not counting all the stuff hit from the line through.

I don't use WoTHF as my main generator so that's probably why I don't miss the spirit too much, I dunno.


You should, it does damage over a wide area, generates a lot of spirit through salvo, and its pretty much our best and only DPS move, it even knocksback which makes it a survival tool as well.
twitch.tv/medrea
wwiv
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore182 Posts
May 31 2012 05:03 GMT
#707
On May 31 2012 07:40 Danglars wrote:
Think every monk here knows the fear of Desecrate/AS/Plague/FC with Vortex/Wall/Prison. You're kiting the hell out of them in hopes that you get jailed without ground dmg coming in, or walled somewhere where you can maneuver. I say, alone D/A/P/F isn't bad at all. I can easily kite them with simple added mods like invuln minions, horde, extra health, vampiric, electrified.

But I can see where it is designed to make those mobs hard even for well-geared characters (in A3/A4 inferno particularly, and for fleeing ranged mobs) to make the game challenging as a whole. There's a little less excitement in me when I know that all I gotta do is kite and cycle MoE, Blinding, and Serenity (with heals) and nothing can kill me. That's how I feel now when its ground-dmg without slows/roots/blockers or slows/roots/blockers without sufficient ground damage. Both together, and its me hanging on for dear life against the minions of hell ... which is fun ^.^


its really just desecrate, there is nothing fun about losing 50% of your hp when a wall suddenly pops up in front of you even when you react instantly upon hearing the trigger sound for the red pool of death or a vortex that instantly kills you unless you are equipped with dashing strike or something.

these "mechanics" also bring out some obvious clipping issues within the game, whether it is running into mobs and suddenly teleporting back a frame for no reason, getting stuck in a wall etc and these are by no means rare occurrences, especially in act 3.
AssuredVacancy
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1167 Posts
May 31 2012 06:35 GMT
#708
How exactly does faith in the light(blinding light rune) work? The tooltip says it's a 30% increase, but in the latest patch my dps goes from 13k to 22k, a 70% increase.
We spend our youth attaining wealth, and our wealth attaining youth.
confusedcrib
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1307 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-31 06:51:38
May 31 2012 06:51 GMT
#709
Hey guys,

I'm having a TON of trouble on act 2 inferno and was hoping someone could look at my build at tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'd really appreciate any advice:

Link to full size image: http://i.imgur.com/EpaZc.jpg
Link to build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WdRXgh!YZX!ZcYcYa
I'm a writer for TeamLiquid, you've probably heard of me
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-31 07:03:11
May 31 2012 06:59 GMT
#710
On May 31 2012 15:51 confusedcrib wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm having a TON of trouble on act 2 inferno and was hoping someone could look at my build at tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'd really appreciate any advice:

Link to full size image: http://i.imgur.com/EpaZc.jpg
Link to build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WdRXgh!YZX!ZcYcYa


Vitality. You'll need 30+ thousand health to survive burst damage, although your resists look alright, you should be able to tank if you can survive the spikes. Consider swapping inner sanc for blinding flash with blinding echo for more temporary immunity, 2 chances to interrupt swing timers/skills on a lot of things is more valuable than an extra second of cc on trash. and then you'll be fine.

EDIT: to person below, I think resolve is best used in conjunction with sweeping wind builds, because that'll ensure that everything that's going to hit you eats the reduction.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
May 31 2012 07:01 GMT
#711
22k hitpoints is too little. Invest in Vitality till you are around 40k or more.

Use One With Everything instead of resolve. Resolve only functions on enemies you are actively engaged with which is harder than it sounds.

Blinding flash with 60 percent elite miss will serve you better than Inner Sanctuary. Or if you can get your DPS up a little use Faith in the Light.

Dashing Strike is hard to use when your monk kiting. Consider dropping it for another save like Seven Sided Strike with Pandemonium rune.
twitch.tv/medrea
confusedcrib
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1307 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-31 07:16:05
May 31 2012 07:03 GMT
#712
On May 31 2012 15:59 Amui wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2012 15:51 confusedcrib wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm having a TON of trouble on act 2 inferno and was hoping someone could look at my build at tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'd really appreciate any advice:

Link to full size image: http://i.imgur.com/EpaZc.jpg
Link to build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WdRXgh!YZX!ZcYcYa


Vitality. You'll need 30+ thousand health to survive burst damage, although your resists look alright, you should be able to tank if you can survive the spikes. Consider swapping inner sanc for blinding flash with blinding echo for more temporary immunity, 2 chances to interrupt swing timers/skills on a lot of things is more valuable than an extra second of cc on trash. and then you'll be fine.


Thank you so much for your time, I've spent a long time trying to decide between flash and sanctuary. I agree with the vitality, gear is so expensive QQ


On May 31 2012 16:01 Medrea wrote:
22k hitpoints is too little. Invest in Vitality till you are around 40k or more.

Use One With Everything instead of resolve. Resolve only functions on enemies you are actively engaged with which is harder than it sounds.

Blinding flash with 60 percent elite miss will serve you better than Inner Sanctuary. Or if you can get your DPS up a little use Faith in the Light.

Dashing Strike is hard to use when your monk kiting. Consider dropping it for another save like Seven Sided Strike with Pandemonium rune.


Thank you as well, I'll put OWE back on and keep faith in the light in mind. I've also been thinking about switching to SSS, I just really like the maneuverability out of things like arcane and fire with dashing strike.

On May 31 2012 16:05 Regina wrote:
I dont think your stats are so bad. Your build aint terrible either although i play differeonal t 1k life on hit and you should be able to get close to clear act 2. Iyou like o run blind with dmg increase and heal with dmg buff and run sweepingwind fire storm oand deadly reach with keen eye. Thats how i cleard it. But other builds work too. Gl


I think a large issue I'm having as well is that I'm doing it with two people. By myself it's more doable, but still more challenging than I should be. I used to do that build you're talking about but only recently switched. Thanks for the input ^^


Thank you all for the quick responses!!
I'm a writer for TeamLiquid, you've probably heard of me
Regina
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands148 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-31 07:31:30
May 31 2012 07:05 GMT
#713
I dont think your stats are so bad. Your build aint terrible either although i play differeonal t 1k life on hit and you should be able to get close to clear act 2. Iyou like o run blind with dmg increase and heal with dmg buff and run sweepingwind fire storm oand deadly reach with keen eye. Thats how i cleard it. But other builds work too. Gl

Typing on a htc in a different language with auto correct is a mess lol. Any way 2 items with 150 vit and 600-1000 loh will do the trick
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-31 07:33:08
May 31 2012 07:29 GMT
#714
More Vit, Blinding Light, Life on Hit, More Dex, Drop Inner Circle for Sweeping Wind.

Basically, your gear is not good enough for act 2. Expect to spend 500k-1M per piece depending on how good you are at sniping good deals. Then do it again with 4-5M per piece for act 3 =)

ps. Dashing Strike is great. Much better than 7SS. If what you want are nephalem buffs, DS allows you to kill a bit more bosses (jail/wall/ranged), although BoH would allow you to kite more.
confusedcrib
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1307 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-31 07:34:53
May 31 2012 07:31 GMT
#715
On May 31 2012 16:29 Pwere wrote:
More Vit, Blinding Light, Life on Hit, More Dex.

Basically, your gear is not good enough for act 2. Expect to spend 500k-1M per piece depending on how good you are at sniping good deals. Then do it again with 4-5M per piece for act 3 =)


haha ya I'm just having a hard time accepting it, I'm living in denial You have to learn that good gear isn't sufficient, only near perfect gear is
I'm a writer for TeamLiquid, you've probably heard of me
Jisall
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2054 Posts
May 31 2012 09:15 GMT
#716
On May 31 2012 03:25 Jisall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2012 20:35 clickrush wrote:
On May 30 2012 18:55 Jisall wrote:
Just finally got threw act 2 hell. I hit level 60, and all of a sudden I just started dominating everything. It's almost impossible for me to die I've found, even against molton or arcane. Act 3 hell feels like nightmare to me.

Stats: 31k life, 2.7k armor, ~3.9k dps.
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


This is my build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UdYXkg!YcZ!bbYZaY

Explaination of skills:

1. WOHF (Fists of Fury): Suprisingly good AoE for packs, and can lock down an enemy infinitely if you have enough Attacks per second. This is my damage output.

2. Dashing Strike (Quicksilver): My escape mechanism. If i get into a shit position, I will use this to escape and wait for my cooldowns to refresh.
+ Show Spoiler [Note] +
Dashing strike tends to place you on the opposite side of an opponite you select (especially if they are close to you). Use this to your advantage to dodge lazers from arcane/fire from desecrater/fire chains/(I have also been able to dodge frozen granted my monk was in mid dash when the frost went off). This is a position skill that is highly underrated imo.


3. Blinding Flash (Searing Light): My first "invulnerability" spell. I use this and serenity interchangeably. This is how I tank.

4. Breath of Heaven (Circle of Life): This is my heal spell to use in between battles, or while running/stalling for cooldowns.

5. Mantra of Conviction (Overawe): Since my build revolves around getting in, doing damage quickly and then running this serves my purpose perfectly. 48% damage bonus for as long as im fighting is ballin' to say the least.

6. Serenity (Ascension): This is my other "invulnerability" spell.

Passives:

1. Transcendence: Keeps my health high while I empty my spirit globe

2. Chant of Resonance: I use this for the spirit regen. I will replace this with Fleet Footed once I equip spirit regen equipment. This is personal preference, however no other spells work into my play-style like Fleet Footed would.

3. Resolve: The AoE from WoHF AoE proc's this to the best of my knowledge. All around good spell.

Strategy:
1. Run in pop Blinding Flash/Serenity.
2. Pop Mantra.
3. Kick some major ass.
4. Pop Serenity/Blinding Flash.
5. Kick some more ass.
6. Use Dashing strike to get the hell outa dodge until cooldowns ready.

Strategy on Elites:
It depends on the abilities to be honest. You have to pay attention and run/fight/dashing strike accordingly.


I call it the Assassin-Monk. You have to play it smart and it can be very effective. I have time contraints until next Friday, I'm looking forward to see how this fairs in inferno. I enjoy the build, it feels comfortable and powerful. I can only imagine I will struggle in Act 2 as I did in Hell until I find my perfect gear (now that I am 60 AH purchases are long-term gear). Alot of talk goes to trying to make the monk a better tank. If all goes well hopefully this can evolve into a inferno viable dps build.


basicly all your spells are utility/defense your armor is high for your level and your dps is kinda low, you also have way too much vitality relative to your other stats. Also you dont have a high damage ability except your generator. this is basicly how 'tank monk' looks like except you want to concentrate more on mitigation than on vitality. vitality is the worst stat for monks, so take only as much as you really need to barely survive. mitigation scales up your heals and are often way cheaper to get as well because for some reason ppl tend to overvalue vitality in the auction house.


Hmm very interesting. Never thought of it that way, I just accepted my heals were going downhill. This makes alot of sense.
I will try and work it into my build.


Ok i revised my build. 29k hp, 115 resist on physical, and around 50 on the others.
At my peak i reach 12k dps. thats on fucking par with the Dh's and wizards i run with. Combined with my invulnerabilities spells, lets just say i ball hard in act 3 hell.

Revised Build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UdYXkg!Ycf!bbcbaY

The damage bonus when peaked is 129% increased attack damage.

I'm going to start buying level 60 gear. My goals are as follows -

Priority 1: Dex
Priority 2: Increased Attack Speed
Priority 3: Lifesteal based on damage.
Priority 4: Crit Chance & Damage

Armor and resistances come last.

I call this revamped version the paper airplane monk. Melts elites and mass mobs atm. I have only tested this in full public games, so the hp of monsters is buffed and it works wonders. During my 7 seconds of invulnerability I inflict hella pain. Then I run away with dashing strike waiting to re-engage and eliminate my targets assassins creed style.
Monk: Because being a badass is more fun then playing a dude wearing a scarf.. ... Ite fuck it, Witch Doctor cuz I like killing stuff in a timely mannor.
eluv
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
May 31 2012 09:23 GMT
#717
On May 31 2012 18:15 Jisall wrote:

I'm going to start buying level 60 gear. My goals are as follows -

Priority 1: Dex
Priority 2: Increased Attack Speed
Priority 3: Lifesteal based on damage.
Priority 4: Crit Chance & Damage

Armor and resistances come last.

I call this revamped version the paper airplane monk. Melts elites and mass mobs atm. I have only tested this in full public games, so the hp of monsters is buffed and it works wonders. During my 7 seconds of invulnerability I inflict hella pain. Then I run away with dashing strike waiting to re-engage and eliminate my targets assassins creed style.


Lifesteal is 80% reduced in inferno, while life-on-hit remains unchanged, so having % based lifesteal is next to useless when you consider the stats you're giving up to have it. If/when people are in full 6 affix a4 rares it might be viable to stack enough lifesteal to matter, but right now you're far better off spending your money on life-on-hit, resist, and armor.
"Yes I fucked my way to the GSL partnership" - Sundance
clickrush
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Switzerland3257 Posts
May 31 2012 10:12 GMT
#718
On May 31 2012 18:23 eluv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2012 18:15 Jisall wrote:

I'm going to start buying level 60 gear. My goals are as follows -

Priority 1: Dex
Priority 2: Increased Attack Speed
Priority 3: Lifesteal based on damage.
Priority 4: Crit Chance & Damage

Armor and resistances come last.

I call this revamped version the paper airplane monk. Melts elites and mass mobs atm. I have only tested this in full public games, so the hp of monsters is buffed and it works wonders. During my 7 seconds of invulnerability I inflict hella pain. Then I run away with dashing strike waiting to re-engage and eliminate my targets assassins creed style.


Lifesteal is 80% reduced in inferno, while life-on-hit remains unchanged, so having % based lifesteal is next to useless when you consider the stats you're giving up to have it. If/when people are in full 6 affix a4 rares it might be viable to stack enough lifesteal to matter, but right now you're far better off spending your money on life-on-hit, resist, and armor.


especially with that focus on attackspeed.
oGsMC: Zealot defense, Stalker attack, Sentry forcefieldu forcefieldu, Marauder die die
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23438 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-31 10:25:42
May 31 2012 10:15 GMT
#719
On May 31 2012 09:46 Medrea wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2012 09:05 Slayer91 wrote:
So a bit less than 3 every 18 spirit so less than 20% increase in spirit generation from it.

windforce flurry is a minimum of 30% extra damage not counting all the stuff hit from the line through.

I don't use WoTHF as my main generator so that's probably why I don't miss the spirit too much, I dunno.


You should, it does damage over a wide area, generates a lot of spirit through salvo, and its pretty much our best and only DPS move, it even knocksback which makes it a survival tool as well.


I didn't say I didn't use it, but I use deadly reach as a safe spirit generator. I use both of them.

Also, I cleared act 2 with barely 30k hp inferno pretty easily, I have no idea why you'd want 40k hp instead of getting things that really help you, resists, life on hit, and armour. Fights against elites last so long even the tiniest bit of resist/armour/life on hit makes the difference. White trash don't burst you if you have fists or WoTHF to interrupt.

On May 31 2012 15:51 confusedcrib wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm having a TON of trouble on act 2 inferno and was hoping someone could look at my build at tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'd really appreciate any advice:

Link to full size image: http://i.imgur.com/EpaZc.jpg
Link to build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WdRXgh!YZX!ZcYcYa


Heres my recommendation:
-Don't use dashing strike, takes up an important ability slot and is only useful for escaping, dying once in a while to some really unlucky thing doesn't matter. You want to get to the point you don't need anything but serenity to escpae almost all situations and sustain keeps you the rest.
-Drop some attack speed and dex for vitality life on hit and some resist of your choice (one with everything). The important point here is to IMPROVE your gear standard overall while looking for the vit and resist heavy pieces and undoubtedly dropping some dex to get the good vit/resistance/some dex items.
-+15% AS on gloves and ring is perfect. Change your weapon to a socketed 800+ DPS weapon and socket a star amethyst.
-Get a 400~ life on hit/dex/vit/resist of your choice amulet or as close to that as you can afford. Life on hit is the most important point here.
-Use one of the deadly reach builds you can customize it slightly , I 'd drop dashing strike and inner sanctuary which are both luxurys nothing to really help you kill elites, and get way of the hundred fists and sweeping wind. You can also keep concussive wave to go with your deadly reach and just use reach twice and third concussive for the CC. Or even try fists ofthunder with lightning flash and concussive wave and go fist-fist-conc wave combo on elites to keep them kiteable.

The most important thing here is to increase your resist all range to 500-600 and your life on hit to 600+ (OwE is really good IMO, drop resolve for it unless you're rich enough to afford gear with all the stats you want as well as resist all, most people have any non resist all resist at 0 value so you get cheap items for OwE). Once you hit that a good build will get you through act 2 inferno. Also - wrath of heaven is insanely cheap DPS and probably better than the fear on your heal.

I wouldn't say 22k hp is comfortable in act 2 inferno but I think you can definitely clear act 2 inferno with 22k hp if you have enough other stats - that said you probably want a bit more for safety.

You don't need near perfect gear at all. OwE makes all the items you get that are amazing for you dirt cheap. The only hard buys at the amulet + socket good fist weapon which will cost you 2 mil or so.
Jisall
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2054 Posts
May 31 2012 10:17 GMT
#720
On May 31 2012 18:23 eluv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2012 18:15 Jisall wrote:

I'm going to start buying level 60 gear. My goals are as follows -

Priority 1: Dex
Priority 2: Increased Attack Speed
Priority 3: Lifesteal based on damage.
Priority 4: Crit Chance & Damage

Armor and resistances come last.

I call this revamped version the paper airplane monk. Melts elites and mass mobs atm. I have only tested this in full public games, so the hp of monsters is buffed and it works wonders. During my 7 seconds of invulnerability I inflict hella pain. Then I run away with dashing strike waiting to re-engage and eliminate my targets assassins creed style.


Lifesteal is 80% reduced in inferno, while life-on-hit remains unchanged, so having % based lifesteal is next to useless when you consider the stats you're giving up to have it. If/when people are in full 6 affix a4 rares it might be viable to stack enough lifesteal to matter, but right now you're far better off spending your money on life-on-hit, resist, and armor.


Hmm thats interesting about the lifesteal being 80% reduced. I will have to do the math to see the relationship between life per hit with my current attack speed to My DPS times my lifesteal times the reducing modifier.

My end goal is self-sustainment from attacks. Gear is not a problem. Money might be, but that is just a time cost. Assuming perfect gear, I think the DPS monk will reign supreme.
Monk: Because being a badass is more fun then playing a dude wearing a scarf.. ... Ite fuck it, Witch Doctor cuz I like killing stuff in a timely mannor.
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 141 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 701
IntoTheiNu 609
SteadfastSC510
Rex93
CosmosSc2 61
EnkiAlexander 57
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 510
UpATreeSC 104
Rex 93
CosmosSc2 61
BRAT_OK 53
MindelVK 13
Codebar 12
JuggernautJason4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40638
Jaedong 1442
Soma 760
Hyuk 750
Mini 485
BeSt 445
Larva 353
Rush 291
Soulkey 252
ZerO 238
[ Show more ]
Snow 166
hero 112
Dewaltoss 86
Liquid`Ret 61
Mind 41
sorry 28
yabsab 27
Killer 25
ToSsGirL 24
Shine 19
Terrorterran 16
Trap 15
Dota 2
qojqva1260
Dendi808
Counter-Strike
Fnx 727
fl0m336
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King69
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3621
crisheroes2301
Khaldor1798
Liquid`Hasu500
Other Games
ArmadaUGS1724
byalli465
B2W.Neo440
ceh9386
KnowMe117
QueenE89
Trikslyr40
Chillindude24
Railgan22
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• Adnapsc2 6
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• FirePhoenix11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3559
League of Legends
• TFBlade945
Other Games
• imaqtpie776
• Shiphtur323
• WagamamaTV246
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 26m
OSC
19h 26m
Stellar Fest
19h 26m
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 19h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.