• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:50
CEST 17:50
KST 00:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10355 users

[UPDATE!] Post Your Cake! - Page 21

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 38 Next All
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-12 16:19:49
June 12 2009 16:18 GMT
#401
I so wish we could just give everyone a key, so much effort has gone into this stuff.
More than anticipated, I think.
On June 13 2009 01:15 B00ts wrote:
ya, the more I look at these cakes, i think the contest should be called:

"bake a cake/pastry, put icing on it, then make a sick model of something SC out of marzipan/fondent" contest!

at least thats what some of them are... For some of these cakes its become a marzipan/fondent molding competition... Not complaining at all, it's just not what I expected. Still sick cakes tho.

Perhaps naming it a cake contest is misleading, I tried to convey (in the rules section) that you could basically bake/make whatever, as long as it's edible. IE if you wanted to make a main-course type of meal with a SC theme that would have been fine as well.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Vedic
Profile Joined March 2008
United States582 Posts
June 12 2009 16:28 GMT
#402
On June 13 2009 01:15 B00ts wrote:
ya, the more I look at these cakes, i think the contest should be called:

"bake a cake/pastry, put icing on it, then make a sick model of something SC out of marzipan/fondent" contest!

at least thats what some of them are... For some of these cakes its become a marzipan/fondent molding competition... Not complaining at all, it's just not what I expected. Still sick cakes tho.


Patience, patience... still a few days left.
I tried to commit seppuku, but I accidentally committed bukkake.
IreScath
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada521 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-12 16:36:49
June 12 2009 16:36 GMT
#403
On June 13 2009 01:18 FrozenArbiter wrote:
I so wish we could just give everyone a key, so much effort has gone into this stuff.
More than anticipated, I think.

Perhaps naming it a cake contest is misleading, I tried to convey (in the rules section) that you could basically bake/make whatever, as long as it's edible. IE if you wanted to make a main-course type of meal with a SC theme that would have been fine as well.


ya I just re-read it, you're right. I might actually make another one now I think. We'll see. I still have my huge nexus only like half done still to eat... and I'm sick already.
IreScath
BeJe77
Profile Joined April 2006
United States377 Posts
June 12 2009 16:36 GMT
#404
On June 13 2009 01:28 Vedic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2009 01:15 B00ts wrote:
ya, the more I look at these cakes, i think the contest should be called:

"bake a cake/pastry, put icing on it, then make a sick model of something SC out of marzipan/fondent" contest!

at least thats what some of them are... For some of these cakes its become a marzipan/fondent molding competition... Not complaining at all, it's just not what I expected. Still sick cakes tho.


Patience, patience... still a few days left.


I don't see anything different from your cake either b00ts...Stop putting people down on how they are making their cakes.....Rules didn't stipulate how they should be made and besides all the cakes are really damn awesome especially Vinc's and Pape's....I see the models as an extension of the cake while some people didn't incorporate the cake into the model that is fine...They put a lot of time and effort into making the best cake they can and they should get the props for it.

I think Pape did it nicely with the creep as the top and then his Jello Bane ling on top ...same is said for Vinc's cake with the hatch + creep + drones mining :D....


IreScath
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada521 Posts
June 12 2009 16:42 GMT
#405
Whoa.. When did I put someone down?.. Right after I made the comment I said that "they are still sick cakes tho"... And the difference with mine is its carved out of the cake..not molded on top of it... However that is not to say the latter is less difficult, on the contrary, marzipan (and especially certain types of fondent) can be quite frustrating to get teh right shape, and in some ways shows more 'ability'. In no way was I trying to take away anything from those cakes. Like a lot of people have been sayin, this isnt what I expected, ie. the amazing quality.

I'm just bored and reading the boards and posting... My intention was not to put anyone down. My apologies if it came across that way. I love all the cakes.
IreScath
mrgerry
Profile Joined September 2008
United States1508 Posts
June 12 2009 16:52 GMT
#406
Muta cake looks so damn good -.-
imSoniyak
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada12 Posts
June 12 2009 16:55 GMT
#407
Gogo Vincze01
making it big on reddit!

http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/8rw9b/starcraft_cake_pic/
Masamune
Profile Joined January 2007
Canada3401 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-12 18:11:56
June 12 2009 17:30 GMT
#408
What I find the biggest tragedy of all is that the same number of keys for the baking contest will be allotted for the guide contest. With the baking contest, people invested a lot of time, money, and creativity into it. I find with the guides, a lot of them are half assed and have a lot of copied and pasted stuff in them.

Sorry to all the people who wrote well thought out guides, though. A lot of them probably took a lot of effort, but I find that for the most part, the top ~80% cakes could probably compete with the top guides

I hope I don't sound like too much of an ass My heart just kind of sunk for that kid and his mom who made their cake...

Edit: Okay I feel bad now, I just want to apologize to the people who made guides, it's just that some of the ones in the general forums seemed kinda sloppy to me.

Damn those other shitty sc sites and their equal number of cd keys!
IreScath
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada521 Posts
June 12 2009 17:32 GMT
#409
On June 13 2009 02:30 Masamune wrote:
..... My heart just kind of sunk for that kid and his mom who made their cake...

IreScath
pyrogenetix
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
China5098 Posts
June 12 2009 17:38 GMT
#410
teamliquid getting the same number of beta keys is just plain undiluted warm horse piss.

fuck these cakes have been really really crazy. mad effort by everyone. mad props.
Yea that looks just like Kang Min... amazing game sense... and uses mind games well, but has the micro of a washed up progamer.
BeJe77
Profile Joined April 2006
United States377 Posts
June 12 2009 17:45 GMT
#411
I agree, TL should of gotten more damn keys for all the support we that TLers have done for the community :O

I,E, We are fucking special and we do deserve specials treatment

-BeJ
blabber
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4448 Posts
June 12 2009 18:21 GMT
#412
http://digg.com/odd_stuff/Starcraft_Cake_PIC o_O
blabberrrrr
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
June 12 2009 18:58 GMT
#413
Starcraft 2 cakes have made it big, folks.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Skyze
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada2324 Posts
June 12 2009 19:26 GMT
#414
marzipan is imbalanced.

Canada Gaming ~~ The-Feared
ZoW
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3983 Posts
June 12 2009 19:30 GMT
#415
On June 13 2009 03:21 blabber wrote:
http://digg.com/odd_stuff/Starcraft_Cake_PIC o_O


I just saw this on the front page too :O

So awesome, but I'm a bit bugged about the submitter not crediting Vincze01 for it
the courage to be a lazy bum
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
June 12 2009 19:53 GMT
#416
On June 13 2009 02:30 Masamune wrote:
What I find the biggest tragedy of all is that the same number of keys for the baking contest will be allotted for the guide contest. With the baking contest, people invested a lot of time, money, and creativity into it. I find with the guides, a lot of them are half assed and have a lot of copied and pasted stuff in them.

Sorry to all the people who wrote well thought out guides, though. A lot of them probably took a lot of effort, but I find that for the most part, the top ~80% cakes could probably compete with the top guides

I hope I don't sound like too much of an ass My heart just kind of sunk for that kid and his mom who made their cake...

Edit: Okay I feel bad now, I just want to apologize to the people who made guides, it's just that some of the ones in the general forums seemed kinda sloppy to me.

Damn those other shitty sc sites and their equal number of cd keys!

Lol, just FYI there's a third person involved in that cake. You can see his hand in one of the pics. He was clearly the guy who reads TL and decided to make a cake.

Not to discredit their work or anything. I'm just saying it's not as magical as a 10 year old kid asking his mom to help him bake a cake for an SC contest.

Really nice cake though
Moderator
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
June 12 2009 19:56 GMT
#417
On June 13 2009 02:38 pyrogenetix wrote:
teamliquid getting the same number of beta keys is just plain undiluted warm horse piss.

fuck these cakes have been really really crazy. mad effort by everyone. mad props.

I don't know the exact numbers, but saying "every site is getting the same" is actually NOT true. The bigger/older sites ARE getting more.

I dunno how much I should say, I just feel that while there are situations where I'd agree with you, I don't think blizzard deserves flak in this particular case~
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
jtan
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Sweden5891 Posts
June 12 2009 20:15 GMT
#418
Not sure your muta would fly hurka

but damn it looks tasty!
Enter a Uh
Hypnosis
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States2061 Posts
June 12 2009 20:52 GMT
#419
some of these are ridiculous!! especially the hatcheries haha. I think i will try to make one soon!
Science without religion is lame, Religion without science is blind
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
June 12 2009 21:11 GMT
#420
Perhaps some other award can be given out. Like the official title "Cake Master."
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 38 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech122
Codebar 33
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1146
Mini 921
Soma 631
actioN 512
ggaemo 389
Rush 372
Light 357
Larva 287
Stork 269
Horang2 255
[ Show more ]
BeSt 243
Snow 206
hero 183
Barracks 146
Killer 115
firebathero 102
Shine 92
Dewaltoss 92
Aegong 92
Sea.KH 75
Zeus 72
Shinee 45
Sexy 43
Sharp 36
soO 36
JYJ 35
Liquid`Ret 34
sorry 30
ToSsGirL 28
Bale 22
zelot 19
Trap 17
Rock 14
Sacsri 12
Terrorterran 11
Dota 2
Gorgc8191
qojqva2109
Dendi791
420jenkins180
Counter-Strike
fl0m1173
Fnx 754
x6flipin676
edward60
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5228
Other Games
singsing1527
B2W.Neo954
byalli500
Khaldor434
Lowko361
Mlord322
DeMusliM199
Liquid`VortiX168
ceh9162
KnowMe132
ArmadaUGS114
Trikslyr43
BRAT_OK 24
Railgan6
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV218
BasetradeTV200
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream177
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH162
• StrangeGG 66
• mYiSmile119
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 24
• FirePhoenix10
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV352
League of Legends
• Nemesis2691
• Jankos1776
• TFBlade742
Other Games
• Shiphtur169
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 11m
Kung Fu Cup
19h 11m
The PondCast
1d 18h
OSC
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.