• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:44
CEST 09:44
KST 16:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8637 users

[UPDATE!] Post Your Cake! - Page 23

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 38 Next All
Ronald_McD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada807 Posts
June 13 2009 15:12 GMT
#441
On June 13 2009 23:23 Vedic wrote:
So, I present my lovely wife's second (and last) entry into the competition, the Terran Marine Cake:
http://notvedic.googlepages.com/cake2 - You want a piece of me, boy?

Don't ask how much we spent on this - we ended up having to get way more than is even in the prep picture. =P


OH MY GOD

Are you serious?!

This cake is a work of art man. I kinda have to question how edible that is though.
I don't know much about cakes, so I'm just wondering what it would taste like? Would it be like biting into a chunk of icing or what?
FUCKING GAY LAGS
Vedic
Profile Joined March 2008
United States582 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-13 15:17:03
June 13 2009 15:14 GMT
#442
On June 14 2009 00:12 Ronald_McD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2009 23:23 Vedic wrote:
So, I present my lovely wife's second (and last) entry into the competition, the Terran Marine Cake:
http://notvedic.googlepages.com/cake2 - You want a piece of me, boy?

Don't ask how much we spent on this - we ended up having to get way more than is even in the prep picture. =P


OH MY GOD

Are you serious?!

This cake is a work of art man. I kinda have to question how edible that is though.
I don't know much about cakes, so I'm just wondering what it would taste like? Would it be like biting into a chunk of icing or what?


It's regular cake with a layer of frosting and then a layer of fondant (basically just marshmallow). The frosting/fondant isn't very thick, and my wife says that it tastes very good. :>

edit: Here's a shot of it http://notvedic.googlepages.com/000_0012.JPG
I tried to commit seppuku, but I accidentally committed bukkake.
Pape
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Serbia419 Posts
June 13 2009 15:16 GMT
#443
Vedic incredible job you and your wife did. I feel like somebody will really have a broken heart after this competition so sad we can't get 6 keys out because its shaping out like that.
good luck have fun!
FuDDx *
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States5018 Posts
June 13 2009 15:17 GMT
#444
Damn I didn't think I could do something that would get me top 3 I did hope I may be able to eek out a win but after the marine face and the hatchery.No way am I wining anything.T_T Damn these art majors and newbies to the forum.I hate you all.Just kidding welcome to tl.net and you all better be a part of the community after you win.If not well Ill be sad.

1st Marine face by Vedic and wife
2nd Hatchery by Vince01
3rd not to sure....Love to say me but no way

Those are my picks so far.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Balloon-Man-FuDD/237447769616965?ref=hl
Storchen
Profile Joined September 2006
Sweden4385 Posts
June 13 2009 15:17 GMT
#445
This thread contains sooo much awesomeness it's ridiculous..
Vedic
Profile Joined March 2008
United States582 Posts
June 13 2009 15:19 GMT
#446
On June 14 2009 00:16 Pape wrote:
Vedic incredible job you and your wife did. I feel like somebody will really have a broken heart after this competition so sad we can't get 6 keys out because its shaping out like that.


After the exposure this competition has on digg/reddit, maybe Blizzard will take notice. I even submitted a tip to Kotaku. My wife says thanks. :>
I tried to commit seppuku, but I accidentally committed bukkake.
538
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Hungary3932 Posts
June 13 2009 17:20 GMT
#447
I love the marine with the lit up "cigar", I suggest that picture to be included in the OP
This contest never ceases to amaze me, I most certainly hope the Blizzard PR staff at least doubles the number of prizes.
BW fighting!
blapsd
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
England121 Posts
June 13 2009 17:47 GMT
#448
This is my second attempt too. It was made with sponge cake, marzipan, icing sugar and even a little bit of pocky on the wings! It took me and my girlfriend 2 days to finish. Hope you guys like it, and props to all other guys that made two cakes! it certainly is hard work.

Finished Cake
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



You can see the rest of the gallery HERE (plus me in the probe tshirt my sister made for me that ive been meaning to post for a while now ^^)
RaGe
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Belgium9950 Posts
June 13 2009 17:54 GMT
#449
Jesus christ. That marine cake is unbelievable. The cut out piece looks delicious too.
Moderatorsometimes I get intimidated by the size of my right testicle
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
June 13 2009 18:14 GMT
#450
I'm impressed by all of these cakes...the marine one is ridiculous. Who knew TL had so much baking talent?
✌
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
June 13 2009 18:24 GMT
#451
Lol if we let this run for another week I'm almost scared of what the results would be O_O

Very nice BC, Blapsd!
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
June 13 2009 18:43 GMT
#452
I was going to bake a cake today, but this thread convinced me that some people are just too godly at cake-baking.
Fen
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Australia1848 Posts
June 13 2009 18:52 GMT
#453
[image loading]


HOLY FUCK!!!

Like, OMG!!

Words cannot express how blown away I am by this cake. That is absolutely incredible. The talent here is just mindblowing.
Goshawk.
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United Kingdom5338 Posts
June 13 2009 19:00 GMT
#454
Haha. This thread keeps getting better and better.
Disarray
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States1164 Posts
June 13 2009 19:32 GMT
#455
Get your bake (cake?) on with the TL Starcraft 2 Beta Key Bake Off!

When?
Update: Changed ending date slightly to allow North American users to use their weekend fully.
In order to allow North American users to use the most of their weekend possible, we'll end it at June 15th 18:00 KST (June 15th, 11:00 CET // June 15th, 5:00 EST // June 15th, 2:00 PST).


So deadline is 2pm PST Monday June 15th ? or 2am ?
Input limit reached. Please wait to perform more actions.
Pape
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Serbia419 Posts
June 13 2009 19:35 GMT
#456
I have a feeling today and tommorow will bring some awsome competition and cakes to this contest. We already have 5-6 amazing cakes each that took a few days to make. Personally I don't know how I'm gonna take it if I don't get a key after this and some world of warcraft newb gets it. The wait is a pain I'm already going nuts inside!! when will we know the results?
good luck have fun!
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
June 13 2009 20:28 GMT
#457
On June 14 2009 04:32 Disarray wrote:
Show nested quote +
Get your bake (cake?) on with the TL Starcraft 2 Beta Key Bake Off!

When?
Update: Changed ending date slightly to allow North American users to use their weekend fully.
In order to allow North American users to use the most of their weekend possible, we'll end it at June 15th 18:00 KST (June 15th, 11:00 CET // June 15th, 5:00 EST // June 15th, 2:00 PST).


So deadline is 2pm PST Monday June 15th ? or 2am ?

Hehe I knew this would lead to confusion - I was deciding between adding PM or not. It's 2 am, if it was 2 PM I would have written 14:00
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Disarray
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States1164 Posts
June 13 2009 20:56 GMT
#458
On June 14 2009 05:28 FrozenArbiter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2009 04:32 Disarray wrote:
Get your bake (cake?) on with the TL Starcraft 2 Beta Key Bake Off!

When?
Update: Changed ending date slightly to allow North American users to use their weekend fully.
In order to allow North American users to use the most of their weekend possible, we'll end it at June 15th 18:00 KST (June 15th, 11:00 CET // June 15th, 5:00 EST // June 15th, 2:00 PST).


So deadline is 2pm PST Monday June 15th ? or 2am ?

Hehe I knew this would lead to confusion - I was deciding between adding PM or not. It's 2 am, if it was 2 PM I would have written 14:00


with all the time zones listed, i really had no clue lol. but okay thanks, so pretty much sunday night, gottcha!
Input limit reached. Please wait to perform more actions.
Kerotan
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
England2111 Posts
June 13 2009 21:13 GMT
#459
Yeah that Cattle Bruiser cake is rather quite good, but seriously, the arms (cake?) race since Unc made her Ultra cake has been fucking insane, I think just about every cake in this comp is better than that.
Nerdette // External revolution - Internal revolution // Fabulous // I raise my hands to heaven of curiosity // I don't know what to ask for // What has it got for me? // Kerribear
Murkyith14
Profile Joined January 2008
United States111 Posts
June 13 2009 21:13 GMT
#460
How come mine isn't posted yet?
Did I send the PM to the wrong place? (I sent it to BetaContest)
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 38 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 153
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 934
HiyA 163
Mong 56
Shine 47
Bale 29
NotJumperer 28
Noble 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm158
League of Legends
JimRising 560
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 845
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft758
Other Games
summit1g9051
olofmeister644
ceh9453
PiGStarcraft345
Happy281
Livibee140
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream535
Other Games
gamesdonequick512
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH242
• LUISG 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2374
League of Legends
• Rush1363
• Lourlo1319
• Stunt473
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 16m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 16m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 16m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.