• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:30
CEST 02:30
KST 09:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8317 users

Destiny - calling you out (DDoS home network) - Page 4

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
bonifaceviii
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2890 Posts
April 08 2013 18:03 GMT
#61
Waded through a forest of flailing cocks to get here; what's going on?
Stay a while and listen || http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=354018
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-08 18:04:29
April 08 2013 18:04 GMT
#62
R1CH doesnt have the resources to fuck with Inori on his own. so its over basically. errybody go home.
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Deleted User 61629
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
1664 Posts
April 08 2013 18:04 GMT
#63
--- Nuked ---
DharmaTurtle
Profile Joined August 2010
United States283 Posts
April 08 2013 18:04 GMT
#64
I don't think you should have tried R1ch, especially if you only have 1 server. Now he's only more convicted.
I went from bronze to platinum in 3 awesome days.
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-08 18:05:58
April 08 2013 18:04 GMT
#65
Seems your router responds to ping which is bad, seems like I can saturate your upload. But yeah, since I can't simulate an actual DDoS with just one server I can't really take the bet. Don't feel like spending $20 at one of those shady sites .
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
Deleted User 61629
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
1664 Posts
April 08 2013 18:05 GMT
#66
--- Nuked ---
mdb
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Bulgaria4059 Posts
April 08 2013 18:07 GMT
#67
inori > destiny fanboys
lisward
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Singapore959 Posts
April 08 2013 18:07 GMT
#68
On April 09 2013 03:05 Inori wrote:
Can you PM me the IP you're testing from?
I'm simultaneously spammed by about 50 other Destiny fan boys desperately trying something.

LOL well what kind of outcome did you expect....
Opinions are like phasers -- everybody ought to have one
Vaticination
Profile Joined April 2013
United States4 Posts
April 08 2013 18:07 GMT
#69
On April 09 2013 03:04 Inori wrote:
You're right, but it was a DoS.


Exactly. It was only a single server that managed to affect your ping. Now, as Rich said, imagine fifty or more of those all doing the same thing. Not too difficult to imagine, right? You can pay for access to a botnet off a site like HF and do that. Anyone with some extra cash and a desire to fuck with you can do it.
Deleted User 61629
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
1664 Posts
April 08 2013 18:07 GMT
#70
--- Nuked ---
Sir.Kimmel
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States785 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-08 18:09:27
April 08 2013 18:07 GMT
#71
On April 09 2013 02:49 PiQLiQ wrote:
After reading this and reading the reddit post. I suggest that both Inori and Sir.Kimmel finds a cave and crawl back in there. Because everything ur saying is false. I have many friends that got ddosd. I spent so much of my time listening to them and being a moral support when they were furious trying to protect themselves from it. I'm not saying that i'm an expert in this subject.

Someone linked this to me and i just had to say this because making up stories doesn't help future streamers.




Heh... I'm not wrong though. You cannot send syn packets to a router and kill the connection.. unless there is a misconfiguration or something is stupidly open. Point blank that is my statement. I am an expert in this field I hold several incident response certifications.

Can you send malformed packets? Yes... Can you potentially DoS someone through Skype? Sure... but just sending Syn packets to an external router.. will not work. I have worked with several large banks/fortune 500 on mitigation strategies. But Destiny, it's pretty easy to tell where I work.. I've posted numerous blogs of mine on this site.

I'm really not trying to get into an argument here, Destiny's guide is fine... if someone is attacking you through Skype, great simply run through a VPN. But I threw a few disclaimers into my statement, because I'm not sure how people are actually taking someone offline through skype... I would need to look at the logs and grab some pcaps to really be able to tell. Using my opinion I can tell you though, that if Skype is simply accepting a ton of traffic and it's flood your network, simply shutting off the program and clearing active connections would stop this attack after a few minutes. Keep in mind that you would have to wait for the connections to close but you wouldn't receive any additional traffic once Skype is closed. My entire point before I was rudely called out by one of the prominent personalities here, is that a simple syn flood will not take down a home connection, and that is a statement you weren't even bringing up Destiny so there was no point in attacking me. I did misspeak on the botnet though, I meant to say that I don't believe people are using a botnet which can be bought. It would be simple to code a tool to send consistent connections to one IP address over Skype, I would need to see some traffic but you could easily do it from one system, and simply run it through TOR... not hard.

I think this conversation does bring out a major flaw in the way Skype does work though. Interesting, I think I'll do some testing in a lab and post something up in the coming days.


Think before you post Destiny... I wasn't necessarily calling you out, I think some of your statements are misguided though, but your guide is helpful. I just don't necessarily think it's needed.
Lets throw in Canada into the mix and we can rename our country to Camerico. --Klogon
Czarnodziej
Profile Joined January 2011
Poland624 Posts
April 08 2013 18:08 GMT
#72
On April 09 2013 03:05 Inori wrote:
Can you PM me the IP you're testing from?
I'm simultaneously spammed by about 50 other Destiny fan boys desperately trying something.

You revealed your IP here. Is this surprising that random ppl want to take you down since you made it 10 times easier for them?
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-08 18:14:08
April 08 2013 18:08 GMT
#73
wait, im confused.

so the fanboys of the guy who wrote the anti-fucking-with-people-guide (technical name) are now trying to fuck with Inori?

how does that make any goddamn sense?
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
April 08 2013 18:09 GMT
#74
On April 09 2013 03:08 PassiveAce wrote:
wait, im confused.

so the fanboys of the guy who wrote the anti-fucking-with-people-guide (technical name) are now trying to fuck with Inori?

how does that make any goddamn sense?

Insert Dark Knight quote here
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
HollowLord
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3862 Posts
April 08 2013 18:09 GMT
#75
On April 09 2013 03:08 PassiveAce wrote:
wait, im confused.

so the fanboys of the guy who wrote the anti-fucking-with-people-guide (technical name) are now trying to fuck with Inori?

how does that make any goddamn sense?


None of it makes any sense. Do yourself a favor, just leave. Get out while you still can. Forget about us and everything you've seen today for we are already lost.
dota 2 stream #noskill #feed #noob twitch.tv/dmcredgrave
Deleted User 61629
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
1664 Posts
April 08 2013 18:13 GMT
#76
--- Nuked ---
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
April 08 2013 18:14 GMT
#77
I don't wanna go there, you're welcome to test one on yourself though .

Basically neither myself nor Destiny have the resources to take this bet without actually using one of the "rent-a-botnet" sites. Inori has a 100mbps connection which can absorb most single DoS attacks (not DDoS). So this thread basically comes down to "I have a good internet connection", if this was a 20mbps or slower connection like is more common among home users, it would definitely feel the impact from a single DoS attack.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
Deleted User 61629
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
1664 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-08 18:21:35
April 08 2013 18:15 GMT
#78
--- Nuked ---
MysteryMeat1
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States3292 Posts
April 08 2013 18:17 GMT
#79
On April 09 2013 02:47 Roggay wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2013 02:46 ZRand wrote:
I thought that this was illegal.

Technically, not when the "victim" agrees, for test purposes.


In Hentai rape logic, You just have to keep on doing it until they like it. Then its no longer rape and thus no longer illegal.
"Cause ya know, Style before victory." -The greatest mafia player alive
shobecool
Profile Joined February 2012
United States2 Posts
April 08 2013 18:18 GMT
#80
On April 09 2013 03:14 R1CH wrote:
I don't wanna go there, you're welcome to test one on yourself though .

Basically neither myself nor Destiny have the resources to take this bet without actually using one of the "rent-a-botnet" sites. Inori has a 100mbps connection which can absorb most single DoS attacks (not DDoS). So this thread basically comes down to "I have a good internet connection", if this was a 20mbps or slower connection like is more common among home users, it would definitely feel the impact from a single DoS attack.


So what you are saying is that Inori is wrong and Destiny is right.

IC
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings59
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 138
SpeCial 115
CosmosSc2 45
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1602
Rain 1552
Artosis 651
910 59
Bale 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm127
League of Legends
Doublelift3405
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox250
Other Games
summit1g8873
shahzam544
JimRising 426
C9.Mang0336
PiGStarcraft288
Maynarde133
Liquid`Ken7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick884
BasetradeTV164
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 103
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP63
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21590
Other Games
• imaqtpie795
• Shiphtur157
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 30m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
10h 30m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
23h 30m
Patches Events
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.