• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:23
CEST 23:23
KST 06:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8659 users

IPL6 reported to be canceled or postponed - Page 27

Forum Index > Closed
599 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
March 04 2013 00:46 GMT
#521
four days and still nothing?
comon IPL, throw us a bone.
moo...for DRG
Prplppleatr
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1518 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-04 00:57:27
March 04 2013 00:54 GMT
#522
On March 04 2013 09:46 neoghaleon55 wrote:
four days and still nothing?
comon IPL, throw us a bone.

Depending on when you expect them to have noticed Scoot's tweet..

If you go by this thread, then it was made late on Thursday (which is where i noticed it); say they noticed it on Friday... then, imo, it would not be smart to rush into a statement depending on how things are going internally (buyer found? resources still available?)..

So to me it would make sense that there would be no statement on Friday, they likely don't work weekends, so the soonest that a statement could be expected is Monday (tomorrow). And even if they did notice it sooner, it is something that you want to be able to talk about with certainty, which could be very difficult to determine with the fact that IPL is being sold and they could be in negotiations with potential buyers, who may or may not want to continue with the event.

The fact is that there is NO Official statement, so everything is pure speculation and we simply don't know.
🥇 Prediction Contest - Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Hikari
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
1914 Posts
March 04 2013 00:55 GMT
#523
As much as I adore the IPL events this is turning into a disaster.

I am not even expecting much from them: I can take "I don't really know what is going on but I am trying to get to the root of this with managers" as an answer.

I remember IPL as the event that keeps going even if they lose internet connection. It is as if the IPL crew got kidnapped and locked in a room without any means to communicate with the outside world.

Maybe IGN *did* sell off the IPL staff to black market slave traders for money and they are locked up in a slave ship crossing the Atlantics...
BigKahunaBurger
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia334 Posts
March 04 2013 07:31 GMT
#524
On March 04 2013 06:00 zefreak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2013 03:41 TD.VapoR wrote:
It isn't going to be cancelled... I was on the IPL6 Qualifiers stream last night and all the casters were confident that they were returning to work on Monday and the days after. Also, this could just be an attention-getter to build up hype for IPL6.... soon, IGN might come out and say that "IPL6 is back", and then the viewers for streams and the live event would probably jump a considerable amount.


Are you serious? Teams/viewers are already cancelling hotels and flights if possible. There's been a lot of damage to the tournament if it DOES run due to these rumors and lack of response. I was going to attend and if they come on monday and say "hi guys was on vacation IPL is still running" I won't give a shit.


Another typically ignorant post from you. You'd watch your back if you knew what was good for ya.

I don't see how the onus is on IPL to stamp out every little rumour that gets started by dirt sheet commandos like that communist SirScoots. Turns my stomach.

If you're canceling your hotel based off hearsay when it's been one business day, you're a fool and I hope you never work in this business. Why don't you just head up to red square while you're at it and share a brew with Lenin.

These rumors are destroying the hard work of good Americans like the IPL crew, and I can't half stand it. Until we get something official in writing, just shut yer yapper.

Flames Out,
BKB

User was warned for this post
Douillos
Profile Joined May 2010
France3195 Posts
March 04 2013 07:34 GMT
#525
On March 04 2013 16:31 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2013 06:00 zefreak wrote:
On March 04 2013 03:41 TD.VapoR wrote:
It isn't going to be cancelled... I was on the IPL6 Qualifiers stream last night and all the casters were confident that they were returning to work on Monday and the days after. Also, this could just be an attention-getter to build up hype for IPL6.... soon, IGN might come out and say that "IPL6 is back", and then the viewers for streams and the live event would probably jump a considerable amount.


Are you serious? Teams/viewers are already cancelling hotels and flights if possible. There's been a lot of damage to the tournament if it DOES run due to these rumors and lack of response. I was going to attend and if they come on monday and say "hi guys was on vacation IPL is still running" I won't give a shit.


Another typically ignorant post from you. You'd watch your back if you knew what was good for ya.

I don't see how the onus is on IPL to stamp out every little rumour that gets started by dirt sheet commandos like that communist SirScoots. Turns my stomach.

If you're canceling your hotel based off hearsay when it's been one business day, you're a fool and I hope you never work in this business. Why don't you just head up to red square while you're at it and share a brew with Lenin.

These rumors are destroying the hard work of good Americans like the IPL crew, and I can't half stand it. Until we get something official in writing, just shut yer yapper.

Flames Out,
BKB


Your funny and your post is funny.


Look a giraffe! Look a fist!!
Albinoswordfish
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States108 Posts
March 04 2013 07:35 GMT
#526
On March 04 2013 16:31 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2013 06:00 zefreak wrote:
On March 04 2013 03:41 TD.VapoR wrote:
It isn't going to be cancelled... I was on the IPL6 Qualifiers stream last night and all the casters were confident that they were returning to work on Monday and the days after. Also, this could just be an attention-getter to build up hype for IPL6.... soon, IGN might come out and say that "IPL6 is back", and then the viewers for streams and the live event would probably jump a considerable amount.


Are you serious? Teams/viewers are already cancelling hotels and flights if possible. There's been a lot of damage to the tournament if it DOES run due to these rumors and lack of response. I was going to attend and if they come on monday and say "hi guys was on vacation IPL is still running" I won't give a shit.


Another typically ignorant post from you. You'd watch your back if you knew what was good for ya.

I don't see how the onus is on IPL to stamp out every little rumour that gets started by dirt sheet commandos like that communist SirScoots. Turns my stomach.

If you're canceling your hotel based off hearsay when it's been one business day, you're a fool and I hope you never work in this business. Why don't you just head up to red square while you're at it and share a brew with Lenin.

These rumors are destroying the hard work of good Americans like the IPL crew, and I can't half stand it. Until we get something official in writing, just shut yer yapper.

Flames Out,
BKB


Haha I got a good laugh from this thank you. I really hope this wasn't a serious post.
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
March 04 2013 07:38 GMT
#527
On March 04 2013 16:35 Albinoswordfish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2013 16:31 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
On March 04 2013 06:00 zefreak wrote:
On March 04 2013 03:41 TD.VapoR wrote:
It isn't going to be cancelled... I was on the IPL6 Qualifiers stream last night and all the casters were confident that they were returning to work on Monday and the days after. Also, this could just be an attention-getter to build up hype for IPL6.... soon, IGN might come out and say that "IPL6 is back", and then the viewers for streams and the live event would probably jump a considerable amount.


Are you serious? Teams/viewers are already cancelling hotels and flights if possible. There's been a lot of damage to the tournament if it DOES run due to these rumors and lack of response. I was going to attend and if they come on monday and say "hi guys was on vacation IPL is still running" I won't give a shit.


Another typically ignorant post from you. You'd watch your back if you knew what was good for ya.

I don't see how the onus is on IPL to stamp out every little rumour that gets started by dirt sheet commandos like that communist SirScoots. Turns my stomach.

If you're canceling your hotel based off hearsay when it's been one business day, you're a fool and I hope you never work in this business. Why don't you just head up to red square while you're at it and share a brew with Lenin.

These rumors are destroying the hard work of good Americans like the IPL crew, and I can't half stand it. Until we get something official in writing, just shut yer yapper.

Flames Out,
BKB


Haha I got a good laugh from this thank you. I really hope this wasn't a serious post.

He is, but that makes it even more funny
Refer to my post.
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-04 07:39:46
March 04 2013 07:39 GMT
#528
On March 04 2013 16:38 Zenbrez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2013 16:35 Albinoswordfish wrote:
On March 04 2013 16:31 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
On March 04 2013 06:00 zefreak wrote:
On March 04 2013 03:41 TD.VapoR wrote:
It isn't going to be cancelled... I was on the IPL6 Qualifiers stream last night and all the casters were confident that they were returning to work on Monday and the days after. Also, this could just be an attention-getter to build up hype for IPL6.... soon, IGN might come out and say that "IPL6 is back", and then the viewers for streams and the live event would probably jump a considerable amount.


Are you serious? Teams/viewers are already cancelling hotels and flights if possible. There's been a lot of damage to the tournament if it DOES run due to these rumors and lack of response. I was going to attend and if they come on monday and say "hi guys was on vacation IPL is still running" I won't give a shit.


Another typically ignorant post from you. You'd watch your back if you knew what was good for ya.

I don't see how the onus is on IPL to stamp out every little rumour that gets started by dirt sheet commandos like that communist SirScoots. Turns my stomach.

If you're canceling your hotel based off hearsay when it's been one business day, you're a fool and I hope you never work in this business. Why don't you just head up to red square while you're at it and share a brew with Lenin.

These rumors are destroying the hard work of good Americans like the IPL crew, and I can't half stand it. Until we get something official in writing, just shut yer yapper.

Flames Out,
BKB


Haha I got a good laugh from this thank you. I really hope this wasn't a serious post.

He is, but that makes it even more funny


Wait really? It seemed like the typical internet guy-who-tries-too-hard-to-be-funny post.
will216
Profile Joined August 2012
United States185 Posts
March 04 2013 07:57 GMT
#529
On March 04 2013 16:39 jalstar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2013 16:38 Zenbrez wrote:
On March 04 2013 16:35 Albinoswordfish wrote:
On March 04 2013 16:31 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
On March 04 2013 06:00 zefreak wrote:
On March 04 2013 03:41 TD.VapoR wrote:
It isn't going to be cancelled... I was on the IPL6 Qualifiers stream last night and all the casters were confident that they were returning to work on Monday and the days after. Also, this could just be an attention-getter to build up hype for IPL6.... soon, IGN might come out and say that "IPL6 is back", and then the viewers for streams and the live event would probably jump a considerable amount.


Are you serious? Teams/viewers are already cancelling hotels and flights if possible. There's been a lot of damage to the tournament if it DOES run due to these rumors and lack of response. I was going to attend and if they come on monday and say "hi guys was on vacation IPL is still running" I won't give a shit.


Another typically ignorant post from you. You'd watch your back if you knew what was good for ya.

I don't see how the onus is on IPL to stamp out every little rumour that gets started by dirt sheet commandos like that communist SirScoots. Turns my stomach.

If you're canceling your hotel based off hearsay when it's been one business day, you're a fool and I hope you never work in this business. Why don't you just head up to red square while you're at it and share a brew with Lenin.

These rumors are destroying the hard work of good Americans like the IPL crew, and I can't half stand it. Until we get something official in writing, just shut yer yapper.

Flames Out,
BKB


Haha I got a good laugh from this thank you. I really hope this wasn't a serious post.

He is, but that makes it even more funny


Wait really? It seemed like the typical internet guy-who-tries-too-hard-to-be-funny post.

He should have finished that up with Obama did it .
I'm not the greatest , but I will be one day ...
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
March 04 2013 08:09 GMT
#530
On March 04 2013 16:57 will216 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2013 16:39 jalstar wrote:
On March 04 2013 16:38 Zenbrez wrote:
On March 04 2013 16:35 Albinoswordfish wrote:
On March 04 2013 16:31 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
On March 04 2013 06:00 zefreak wrote:
On March 04 2013 03:41 TD.VapoR wrote:
It isn't going to be cancelled... I was on the IPL6 Qualifiers stream last night and all the casters were confident that they were returning to work on Monday and the days after. Also, this could just be an attention-getter to build up hype for IPL6.... soon, IGN might come out and say that "IPL6 is back", and then the viewers for streams and the live event would probably jump a considerable amount.


Are you serious? Teams/viewers are already cancelling hotels and flights if possible. There's been a lot of damage to the tournament if it DOES run due to these rumors and lack of response. I was going to attend and if they come on monday and say "hi guys was on vacation IPL is still running" I won't give a shit.


Another typically ignorant post from you. You'd watch your back if you knew what was good for ya.

I don't see how the onus is on IPL to stamp out every little rumour that gets started by dirt sheet commandos like that communist SirScoots. Turns my stomach.

If you're canceling your hotel based off hearsay when it's been one business day, you're a fool and I hope you never work in this business. Why don't you just head up to red square while you're at it and share a brew with Lenin.

These rumors are destroying the hard work of good Americans like the IPL crew, and I can't half stand it. Until we get something official in writing, just shut yer yapper.

Flames Out,
BKB


Haha I got a good laugh from this thank you. I really hope this wasn't a serious post.

He is, but that makes it even more funny


Wait really? It seemed like the typical internet guy-who-tries-too-hard-to-be-funny post.

He should have finished that up with Obama did it .


If you stay up really late, you can catch the report on Fox News. Obama did it, is killing eSports, etc. It's like a short 15 second crawl along the ticker, you really have to look closely.

Still, there really needs to be an official statement. My guess is they'll have one Monday afternoon, latest - because the Cosmopolitan is still selling tickets and rooms, and to keep it going and then yank it would really burn them. And in Vegas, that could mean some people walking funny after their legs heal. They'll get the Mafia zerg after them.

+ Show Spoiler +
Actually, it breaks around Thursday, they scramble all day Friday, can't get with their partners over the weekend, more emergency stuff on Monday morning, expect GG any minute.
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
March 04 2013 08:37 GMT
#531
The IPL events always seemed over-produced and very expensive to put on. I always wondered what their margine were, or if they were operating at a loss ...

I think this is going to be a bad year for SC2, to be honest. I don't see HOTS doing anything to expand the user/fan base — something the SC2 esports scene desperately needs. I half-expect MLG and NASL to scale back a bit.

siist3m
Profile Joined December 2010
United States113 Posts
March 04 2013 09:48 GMT
#532
On March 04 2013 17:37 Defacer wrote:
The IPL events always seemed over-produced and very expensive to put on. I always wondered what their margine were, or if they were operating at a loss ...

I think this is going to be a bad year for SC2, to be honest. I don't see HOTS doing anything to expand the user/fan base — something the SC2 esports scene desperately needs. I half-expect MLG and NASL to scale back a bit.




There was a post somewhere yesterday where they pointed to links of interviews with David Ting saying they were breaking even and on the road to paying off IGN sometime this year. Their biggest lost was IPL 3 at around 1 million dollars but they are already paying it back.
I'd rather be dead in California than alive in Arizona.
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-04 10:15:36
March 04 2013 09:54 GMT
#533
On March 04 2013 18:48 siist3m wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2013 17:37 Defacer wrote:
The IPL events always seemed over-produced and very expensive to put on. I always wondered what their margine were, or if they were operating at a loss ...

I think this is going to be a bad year for SC2, to be honest. I don't see HOTS doing anything to expand the user/fan base — something the SC2 esports scene desperately needs. I half-expect MLG and NASL to scale back a bit.




There was a post somewhere yesterday where they pointed to links of interviews with David Ting saying they were breaking even and on the road to paying off IGN sometime this year. Their biggest lost was IPL 3 at around 1 million dollars but they are already paying it back.


It's just high-risk high-cost business with a low pay-off. I think they were banking on the audience of SC2 to grow signifiicantly, but if anything other tournaments and games are cutting into it, and the overall audience for the game is shrinking.

IGN just doesn't seem like the kind of media company that thinks 'breaking even' is good enough. Most companies don't invest a million of dollars just so they can get their money back, unfortunately.
Seiniyta
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium1815 Posts
March 04 2013 10:07 GMT
#534
On March 04 2013 18:54 Defacer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2013 18:48 siist3m wrote:
On March 04 2013 17:37 Defacer wrote:
The IPL events always seemed over-produced and very expensive to put on. I always wondered what their margine were, or if they were operating at a loss ...

I think this is going to be a bad year for SC2, to be honest. I don't see HOTS doing anything to expand the user/fan base — something the SC2 esports scene desperately needs. I half-expect MLG and NASL to scale back a bit.




There was a post somewhere yesterday where they pointed to links of interviews with David Ting saying they were breaking even and on the road to paying off IGN sometime this year. Their biggest lost was IPL 3 at around 1 million dollars but they are already paying it back.


It's just high-risk high-cost business with a low pay-off. I think they were banking on the audience of SC2 to grow signifiicantly, but if anything other tournaments and games are cutting into it, and they audience is shrinking.

IGN just doesn't seem like the kind of media company that thinks 'breaking even' is good enough. Most companies don't invest a million of dollars just so they can get their money back, unfortunately.


The thing is that IPL isn't SC2 only but also LoL and to a lesser extent Shootmania.
Pokemon Master
siist3m
Profile Joined December 2010
United States113 Posts
March 04 2013 10:52 GMT
#535
On March 04 2013 19:07 Seiniyta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2013 18:54 Defacer wrote:
On March 04 2013 18:48 siist3m wrote:
On March 04 2013 17:37 Defacer wrote:
The IPL events always seemed over-produced and very expensive to put on. I always wondered what their margine were, or if they were operating at a loss ...

I think this is going to be a bad year for SC2, to be honest. I don't see HOTS doing anything to expand the user/fan base — something the SC2 esports scene desperately needs. I half-expect MLG and NASL to scale back a bit.




There was a post somewhere yesterday where they pointed to links of interviews with David Ting saying they were breaking even and on the road to paying off IGN sometime this year. Their biggest lost was IPL 3 at around 1 million dollars but they are already paying it back.


It's just high-risk high-cost business with a low pay-off. I think they were banking on the audience of SC2 to grow signifiicantly, but if anything other tournaments and games are cutting into it, and they audience is shrinking.

IGN just doesn't seem like the kind of media company that thinks 'breaking even' is good enough. Most companies don't invest a million of dollars just so they can get their money back, unfortunately.


The thing is that IPL isn't SC2 only but also LoL and to a lesser extent Shootmania.




Agreed with both of you. But the weird thing is that there's not much talk about the cancellation of IPL6 on the LoL side of things. Is it because their lack of a community hub like TL, or they just don't follow the sc2 community on twitter that started all this? Nothing against either, just a thought.
I'd rather be dead in California than alive in Arizona.
Assirra
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium4169 Posts
March 04 2013 11:01 GMT
#536
On March 04 2013 16:31 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2013 06:00 zefreak wrote:
On March 04 2013 03:41 TD.VapoR wrote:
It isn't going to be cancelled... I was on the IPL6 Qualifiers stream last night and all the casters were confident that they were returning to work on Monday and the days after. Also, this could just be an attention-getter to build up hype for IPL6.... soon, IGN might come out and say that "IPL6 is back", and then the viewers for streams and the live event would probably jump a considerable amount.


Are you serious? Teams/viewers are already cancelling hotels and flights if possible. There's been a lot of damage to the tournament if it DOES run due to these rumors and lack of response. I was going to attend and if they come on monday and say "hi guys was on vacation IPL is still running" I won't give a shit.


Another typically ignorant post from you. You'd watch your back if you knew what was good for ya.

I don't see how the onus is on IPL to stamp out every little rumour that gets started by dirt sheet commandos like that communist SirScoots. Turns my stomach.

If you're canceling your hotel based off hearsay when it's been one business day, you're a fool and I hope you never work in this business. Why don't you just head up to red square while you're at it and share a brew with Lenin.

These rumors are destroying the hard work of good Americans like the IPL crew, and I can't half stand it. Until we get something official in writing, just shut yer yapper.

Flames Out,
BKB

Your whole post reeks of stupidity but wtf is that part supposed to mean?
A threat?
Doublemint
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria8760 Posts
March 04 2013 11:27 GMT
#537
On March 04 2013 20:01 Assirra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2013 16:31 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
On March 04 2013 06:00 zefreak wrote:
On March 04 2013 03:41 TD.VapoR wrote:
It isn't going to be cancelled... I was on the IPL6 Qualifiers stream last night and all the casters were confident that they were returning to work on Monday and the days after. Also, this could just be an attention-getter to build up hype for IPL6.... soon, IGN might come out and say that "IPL6 is back", and then the viewers for streams and the live event would probably jump a considerable amount.


Are you serious? Teams/viewers are already cancelling hotels and flights if possible. There's been a lot of damage to the tournament if it DOES run due to these rumors and lack of response. I was going to attend and if they come on monday and say "hi guys was on vacation IPL is still running" I won't give a shit.


Another typically ignorant post from you. You'd watch your back if you knew what was good for ya.

I don't see how the onus is on IPL to stamp out every little rumour that gets started by dirt sheet commandos like that communist SirScoots. Turns my stomach.

If you're canceling your hotel based off hearsay when it's been one business day, you're a fool and I hope you never work in this business. Why don't you just head up to red square while you're at it and share a brew with Lenin.

These rumors are destroying the hard work of good Americans like the IPL crew, and I can't half stand it. Until we get something official in writing, just shut yer yapper.

Flames Out,
BKB

Your whole post reeks of stupidity but wtf is that part supposed to mean?
A threat?


TL forums a.k.a Gangster's Paradise.
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before the fall.
skeldark
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2223 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-04 11:46:21
March 04 2013 11:36 GMT
#538
EDIT: nevermind, who cares...
Save gaming: kill esport
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
March 04 2013 14:31 GMT
#539
Imagine the SC2 is dying shitstorm if IPL folded lol.
Jeffhesser
Profile Joined March 2012
14 Posts
March 04 2013 14:34 GMT
#540
this schedule page has been shrinking every day to avoid any mention of the Friday show match that is supposed to be at SxSW. Fair to assume that isn't happening either.
http://www.ign.com/ipl/all/schedule
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason60
SpeCial 29
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 633
firebathero 83
Zeus 64
Trap 37
910 31
Dota 2
monkeys_forever376
League of Legends
JimRising 43
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS97
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5171
Liquid`Hasu1891
Other Games
summit1g6161
shahzam452
byalli394
C9.Mang0172
KnowMe107
UpATreeSC73
Trikslyr35
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream147
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 93
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 53
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 37m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 37m
Stellar Fest
15h 37m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.