• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:32
CEST 02:32
KST 09:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8243 users

NuBrGNi joins vVv Gaming

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
vVv Gaming
Profile Joined May 2011
United States20 Posts
December 10 2012 01:02 GMT
#1
[image loading]

vVv Gaming welcomes John "NuBrGNi" Kim!

[image loading]



After a lull for the A team of the vVv Starcraft 2 division, we are kicking it back into high gear with our first acquisition in quite some time. vVv Gaming is pleased to announce the addition of John “NuBrGNi” Kim onto its roster under vVv's new Experience Initiative program.

Kim’s knowledge of the game and commitment to improve, as well as his dedication to our community made him an easy selection. As the former president of Team OpTiK, Kim has a deep understanding of the growing eSports space, and he will be using that experience to pursue his passions as a player.

vVv Gaming's VP of Operations, RobZGod, had this to say about the acquisition of Kim:

Kim has shown an impressive level of professionalism, passion and dedication which makes him a perfect fit for our newly launched Experience Initiative program. He has exceeded all of our expectations in terms of community engagement, social media activity and vVv culture understanding. He gets it and I'm excited to see him work at his goals and passions with the community's support.

I know we've had a rough transition into SC2 so far, however with our newly refined sponsorship structure and strategy, I feel confident that 2013 will be a strong year for our Starcraft division. Be sure to keep an eye out on vVv-Gaming.com for more exciting announcements and partnerships!


vVv Starcraft Division Manager, Salvor, had a chance to sit down with John Kim and ask him a few questions about his thoughts on his new team, in a brief interview:


Good morning John, thanks for your time. Can you tell me a little about yourself?

"Good morning Brian. My name is John Kim, and I was born in Seoul, South Korea in August of ’92. When I was 5, I moved to Canada and have lived here ever since. I am the former CEO of Team OpTiK, but I stepped down because I really want to focus on improving as a player rather than spending all of my time on administrative duties. I play Zerg on NA as vVvNuBrGNi."

So, what made you choose vVv?

"Well, I was really impressed with the management’s commitment to the team. When a team has been around for 5 years, you know that they’re doing something right. I’ve also heard about the friendly and inviting community, and a strong community is something I’m very interested in."

What are you trying to accomplish with vVv?

"My goal with vVv is to become that person on the main stage of MLG that everyone is cheering for. I want to show to all my fans that hard work and dedication WILL prevail even after many of life's speed bumps. It's all about how you get over them. I know my fans and friends have seen me through the worst and the best, they still stuck by me and believed in my talent, so here is my first step to repay them for all of the support."

You’ve been hanging around vVv for a little while. What are you impressions so far?

"I have to be honest, when I first started hanging around vVv, I was a bit shy. I felt like it might be tough to break into such a tight knit community. When I decided to dive in head first, I found that the community welcomed me with open arms and more! It was an amazing experience! If you haven’t had the chance to hang out with these people, I highly recommend it. They're honestly the nicest and hardest working people I've ever met. This is why I feel like I belong here, the dedication everyone puts into their games; it's uplifting."

Any words for your fans?

"To my fans, I love you all. I know after everything you've seen me go through, it's amazing how I'm still here and where I am right now. There is only one path from here and that is forward. I'd like to thank my fans personally, my friends who've kept faith in me, and, finally, a very special thank you to vVv Gaming for giving me this tremendous opportunity to make my dream that seemed so distant for so long, a reality."

Thanks John!

"Thank you!"



If you want to follow NuBrGNi, you can find him at:

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/nooborghini
Twitter: https://twitter.com/vVv_NuBrGNi

And vVv Gaming:

Sponsorship, Community and Staff Opportunities: http://vVv-Gaming.com/ei
Twitter: https://twitter.com/vVv_Gaming
Facebook: http://facebook.com/vVvGaming
YouTube: http://youtube.com/vVvGamingTV
www.vvv-gaming.com
Eggi
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
478 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-10 01:07:00
December 10 2012 01:05 GMT
#2
congratulation.
i am sure his high skill level and well mannered approach to the game will fit perfectly into vVv community.
(hue)
KaiserKieran
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States615 Posts
December 10 2012 01:10 GMT
#3
Honestly i haven't heard that much about vVv gaming (except on streams when players show up on ladder) though i am hopeful that your team will further grow E-Sports. Don't overly tax yourselves though! we saw what happened to+ Show Spoiler +
(Quantic Gaming)
I hope i see vVv in some tournements!
Viva La vVv!
vVvSpike
Profile Joined January 2012
40 Posts
December 10 2012 01:11 GMT
#4
Congratulations NuBrGNi! I can't wait to watch!
vVv-Gaming.com | Co-Community Manager | @vVv_Spike
eLeVaTioN
Profile Joined February 2012
United States97 Posts
December 10 2012 01:41 GMT
#5
Huge congratulations to John. Great player and a great person!
Glurkenspurk
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1915 Posts
December 10 2012 01:46 GMT
#6
Kind of awkward that he has to thank his fans, he just got on his first "real" team, right? I don't think I've ever seen him in tournaments.


Actually, does vvv have any good players in other games anymore? Romance left for AGE, right?
Erehaimu
Profile Joined August 2012
Argentina23 Posts
December 10 2012 01:53 GMT
#7
Congratz John, don't forget 'bout me
Gongratz to vVv as well.
Eggi
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
478 Posts
December 10 2012 02:00 GMT
#8
On December 10 2012 10:46 Glurkenspurk wrote:
Kind of awkward that he has to thank his fans, he just got on his first "real" team, right? I don't think I've ever seen him in tournaments.


Actually, does vvv have any good players in other games anymore? Romance left for AGE, right?


vVv only recruits the best players.
Im sure this ladder monster will do well in MLGs to come.
Glurkenspurk
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1915 Posts
December 10 2012 02:05 GMT
#9
On December 10 2012 11:00 SoOJuuu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2012 10:46 Glurkenspurk wrote:
Kind of awkward that he has to thank his fans, he just got on his first "real" team, right? I don't think I've ever seen him in tournaments.


Actually, does vvv have any good players in other games anymore? Romance left for AGE, right?


vVv only recruits the best players.
Im sure this ladder monster will do well in MLGs to come.


Glon was pretty decent.

Hasuu beat me every time I played him on ladder with 2 base all ins, so he's not too bad.
Poo
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada536 Posts
December 10 2012 02:08 GMT
#10
grats nubrgni ~ ^^
Try hard or don't try at all.
Hasuu
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada178 Posts
December 10 2012 02:42 GMT
#11
Welcome to the team. Just getting to know the man, but I think we will be good friends. =]
PyreSC
Profile Joined September 2010
United States258 Posts
December 10 2012 02:47 GMT
#12
Good luck~~ vVv seems to withstand the test of time.. I remember seeing them in season 1 ladder season (:
ucsd~
StimiLant
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States534 Posts
December 10 2012 02:50 GMT
#13
congrats guys, good luck, will vvv step into the lol scene?
robzgod
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
78 Posts
December 10 2012 02:55 GMT
#14
On December 10 2012 11:50 StimiLant wrote:
congrats guys, good luck, will vvv step into the lol scene?

Yes.
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right."
SHOOG
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1639 Posts
December 10 2012 02:59 GMT
#15
Good luck guys. I was in vVv a while back. Haven't heard any news from you all recently. Cool to see you guys picking someone up.
Nooborghini
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada136 Posts
December 10 2012 18:39 GMT
#16
On December 10 2012 11:42 Hasuu wrote:
Welcome to the team. Just getting to know the man, but I think we will be good friends. =]


I'd like to think we already are ^^ gotta stop casting "Evasion" when we need to practice right? xD

On December 10 2012 10:46 Glurkenspurk wrote:
Kind of awkward that he has to thank his fans, he just got on his first "real" team, right? I don't think I've ever seen him in tournaments.


Actually, does vvv have any good players in other games anymore? Romance left for AGE, right?


I may not have fans to the extreme compared to many of the pros out there but all the ones who've supported me from the start and the new ones I've gained over the time I was off and on the scene I still thank for everything they gave me.

I guess indeed, real team where the sponsorship and the opportunity was tremendously bigger than OpTiK ever had.
We've honestly pushed OpTiK as far as we could've pushed it, for two years we've remained strong even after the fact that we had no financial sponsorship and we paid for our own trips and tickets for LANs. We may have not had financial sponsorship but we had the support from the community which gave us that drive.

And yes, I have not been in many Tournaments cause I had a lot of issues with my life but expect me to show up to more and more ^^

PS. vVv is still strong, expect big things from us very soon ^^
"So we're undefeated today vs everything else (T and P). But the games were ling all ins... and... DesRow twice (Protoss Player)." Greggers - Twitch.Tv/Nooborghini - Twitter/NuBrGNi
McFearless
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada2 Posts
December 12 2012 00:43 GMT
#17
Really excited to see that NuBrGNi's found a new team. He's a great player and has some good insight into the way the game works.

Best of luck to ya, JvK!
joviangod
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada36 Posts
December 13 2012 17:25 GMT
#18
Gratz JVK. Make us proud!
Jaaaaasper
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States10225 Posts
December 13 2012 17:28 GMT
#19
vVv has a history of taking na talent to the next level, glad to see they're sticking around.
Hey do you want to hear a joke? Chinese production value. | I thought he had a aegis- Ayesee | When did 7ing mad last have a good game, 2012?
nmetasch
Profile Joined April 2012
United States600 Posts
December 13 2012 17:44 GMT
#20
Uhh who? This must be all the "money being thrown around," that vVv has previously alluded to. They are gettin serious too, dude must have 6 figures.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings91
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O164
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 162
ProTech5
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1039
ZZZero.O 164
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm192
League of Legends
Doublelift4587
Counter-Strike
minikerr15
Other Games
summit1g10431
JimRising 720
C9.Mang0289
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1194
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP117
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 29m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 29m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 29m
Replay Cast
22h 29m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.