• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:08
CEST 23:08
KST 06:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8130 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 7900

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7898 7899 7900 7901 7902 10093 Next
Read the rules in the OP before posting, please.

In order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a re-read to refresh your memory! The vast majority of you are contributing in a healthy way, keep it up!

NOTE: When providing a source, explain why you feel it is relevant and what purpose it adds to the discussion if it's not obvious.
Also take note that unsubstantiated tweets/posts meant only to rekindle old arguments can result in a mod action.
Biff The Understudy
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France8201 Posts
June 20 2017 14:24 GMT
#157981
On June 20 2017 23:18 Kevin_Sorbo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2017 23:10 Biff The Understudy wrote:
On June 20 2017 22:56 Plansix wrote:
Spicer was never really the problem, but he is the fall guy. I feel bad for whoever takes that role.

Well nobody is forced to do it after all. At least Spicer could hope it would go all right. Would have to have lived under a rock to think that this is a good idea to take the job now.

I actually wonder how they will find someone at all. I can't imagine anyone of the required calibre who would want to commit such a political and professional seppuku.


I'd take the job. If only to see what this circus looks like from the inside. But I dont think I have the profile they are looking for.


To be confronted daily by world class journalists about the last rage tweet shit storm and the inconsistencies of Trump without ever having an opportunity to just admit he is full of it looks like a job tailored made by Satan to punish dishonest politicians in the afterlife.
The fellow who is out to burn things up is the counterpart of the fool who thinks he can save the world. The world needs neither to be burned up nor to be saved. The world is, we are. Transients, if we buck it; here to stay if we accept it. ~H.Miller
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
June 20 2017 14:29 GMT
#157982
That's actually a pretty bad sign for Trump if Ingraham, Guifoyle, Sanders etc already turned it down.
Kevin_Sorbo
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada3217 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-20 14:35:35
June 20 2017 14:32 GMT
#157983
On June 20 2017 23:24 Biff The Understudy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2017 23:18 Kevin_Sorbo wrote:
On June 20 2017 23:10 Biff The Understudy wrote:
On June 20 2017 22:56 Plansix wrote:
Spicer was never really the problem, but he is the fall guy. I feel bad for whoever takes that role.

Well nobody is forced to do it after all. At least Spicer could hope it would go all right. Would have to have lived under a rock to think that this is a good idea to take the job now.

I actually wonder how they will find someone at all. I can't imagine anyone of the required calibre who would want to commit such a political and professional seppuku.


I'd take the job. If only to see what this circus looks like from the inside. But I dont think I have the profile they are looking for.


To be confronted daily by world class journalists about the last rage tweet shit storm and the inconsistencies of Trump without ever having an opportunity to just admit he is full of it looks like a job tailored made by Satan to punish dishonest politicians in the afterlife.



You just roll over and take the beating cause you know its not personal. Do public servants like Spicey get good severance deals when they are fired?

I really admire the guy. After his first day in office you could see how shitty it was going to be.
The mind is like a parachute, it doesnt work unless its open. - Zappa
LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
June 20 2017 14:40 GMT
#157984
On June 20 2017 23:22 KwarK wrote:
Middle aged, male, white, able to tell jokes with perfect deadpan delivery.

Joe Biden?
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
June 20 2017 14:41 GMT
#157985
I thought Spicey just ended up in a better position at the WH...
Life?
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
June 20 2017 14:43 GMT
#157986
On June 20 2017 23:40 LegalLord wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2017 23:22 KwarK wrote:
Middle aged, male, white, able to tell jokes with perfect deadpan delivery.

Joe Biden?

I don't think Joe qualifies as middle aged.
But that does make me wonder, Bob Newhart as press secretary, there could be a funny skit there. Now there was a master of deadpan.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-20 15:14:40
June 20 2017 15:14 GMT
#157987
Not only is Spicer out, but Bannon is keeping the WH classy as always.

Logo
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 20 2017 15:14 GMT
#157988
On June 20 2017 23:43 zlefin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2017 23:40 LegalLord wrote:
On June 20 2017 23:22 KwarK wrote:
Middle aged, male, white, able to tell jokes with perfect deadpan delivery.

Joe Biden?

I don't think Joe qualifies as middle aged.
But that does make me wonder, Bob Newhart as press secretary, there could be a funny skit there. Now there was a master of deadpan.


Just get Norm Macdonald up there and call it a day.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-20 15:28:32
June 20 2017 15:27 GMT
#157989
On June 21 2017 00:14 Logo wrote:
Not only is Spicer out, but Bannon is keeping the WH classy as always.

https://twitter.com/ProPublica/status/877133658712408064

Its nice when they can get a choice quote from Bannon.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
June 20 2017 15:30 GMT
#157990
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-20 15:35:15
June 20 2017 15:33 GMT
#157991
On June 21 2017 00:27 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2017 00:14 Logo wrote:
Not only is Spicer out, but Bannon is keeping the WH classy as always.

https://twitter.com/ProPublica/status/877133658712408064

Its nice when they can get a choice quote from Bannon.

that is gold. this administration has the best spox. second to none.

would like to add my sympathy to the pile for Spicer, tried his best and i do not envy the position he is in daily.
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22661 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-20 15:35:58
June 20 2017 15:34 GMT
#157992
On June 20 2017 23:24 Biff The Understudy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2017 23:18 Kevin_Sorbo wrote:
On June 20 2017 23:10 Biff The Understudy wrote:
On June 20 2017 22:56 Plansix wrote:
Spicer was never really the problem, but he is the fall guy. I feel bad for whoever takes that role.

Well nobody is forced to do it after all. At least Spicer could hope it would go all right. Would have to have lived under a rock to think that this is a good idea to take the job now.

I actually wonder how they will find someone at all. I can't imagine anyone of the required calibre who would want to commit such a political and professional seppuku.


I'd take the job. If only to see what this circus looks like from the inside. But I dont think I have the profile they are looking for.


To be confronted daily by world class journalists about the last rage tweet shit storm and the inconsistencies of Trump without ever having an opportunity to just admit he is full of it looks like a job tailored made by Satan to punish dishonest politicians in the afterlife.

For someone who has no political or public aspirations? Sure I will tell bullshit to journalists for 3 year where both myself and the journalist know that its all crap.
Assuming the pay is good.

And sympathy for Spicer? He know what he was getting into, I don't feel sorry for him.

It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Biff The Understudy
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France8201 Posts
June 20 2017 15:49 GMT
#157993
On June 21 2017 00:34 Gorsameth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2017 23:24 Biff The Understudy wrote:
On June 20 2017 23:18 Kevin_Sorbo wrote:
On June 20 2017 23:10 Biff The Understudy wrote:
On June 20 2017 22:56 Plansix wrote:
Spicer was never really the problem, but he is the fall guy. I feel bad for whoever takes that role.

Well nobody is forced to do it after all. At least Spicer could hope it would go all right. Would have to have lived under a rock to think that this is a good idea to take the job now.

I actually wonder how they will find someone at all. I can't imagine anyone of the required calibre who would want to commit such a political and professional seppuku.


I'd take the job. If only to see what this circus looks like from the inside. But I dont think I have the profile they are looking for.


To be confronted daily by world class journalists about the last rage tweet shit storm and the inconsistencies of Trump without ever having an opportunity to just admit he is full of it looks like a job tailored made by Satan to punish dishonest politicians in the afterlife.

For someone who has no political or public aspirations? Sure I will tell bullshit to journalists for 3 year where both myself and the journalist know that its all crap.
Assuming the pay is good.

And sympathy for Spicer? He know what he was getting into, I don't feel sorry for him.


I'm pretty sure though that anyone who is qualified enough to hold such an important position and doesn't have public / political ambition can find a better paid and more satisfying job in a heartbit.
The fellow who is out to burn things up is the counterpart of the fool who thinks he can save the world. The world needs neither to be burned up nor to be saved. The world is, we are. Transients, if we buck it; here to stay if we accept it. ~H.Miller
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22661 Posts
June 20 2017 15:54 GMT
#157994
On June 21 2017 00:49 Biff The Understudy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2017 00:34 Gorsameth wrote:
On June 20 2017 23:24 Biff The Understudy wrote:
On June 20 2017 23:18 Kevin_Sorbo wrote:
On June 20 2017 23:10 Biff The Understudy wrote:
On June 20 2017 22:56 Plansix wrote:
Spicer was never really the problem, but he is the fall guy. I feel bad for whoever takes that role.

Well nobody is forced to do it after all. At least Spicer could hope it would go all right. Would have to have lived under a rock to think that this is a good idea to take the job now.

I actually wonder how they will find someone at all. I can't imagine anyone of the required calibre who would want to commit such a political and professional seppuku.


I'd take the job. If only to see what this circus looks like from the inside. But I dont think I have the profile they are looking for.


To be confronted daily by world class journalists about the last rage tweet shit storm and the inconsistencies of Trump without ever having an opportunity to just admit he is full of it looks like a job tailored made by Satan to punish dishonest politicians in the afterlife.

For someone who has no political or public aspirations? Sure I will tell bullshit to journalists for 3 year where both myself and the journalist know that its all crap.
Assuming the pay is good.

And sympathy for Spicer? He know what he was getting into, I don't feel sorry for him.


I'm pretty sure though that anyone who is qualified enough to hold such an important position and doesn't have public / political ambition can find a better paid and more satisfying job in a heartbit.

Which is why their unlikely to find such a qualified person ^^

speaking of job hunting. How is that FBI position going?
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
June 20 2017 16:28 GMT
#157995
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9069 Posts
June 20 2017 16:47 GMT
#157996
Saw this on ESPN
Source

I'll withhold my personal opinion on this one.
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
June 20 2017 16:57 GMT
#157997
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
June 20 2017 16:57 GMT
#157998
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-20 17:02:06
June 20 2017 17:00 GMT
#157999
On June 21 2017 00:34 Gorsameth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2017 23:24 Biff The Understudy wrote:
On June 20 2017 23:18 Kevin_Sorbo wrote:
On June 20 2017 23:10 Biff The Understudy wrote:
On June 20 2017 22:56 Plansix wrote:
Spicer was never really the problem, but he is the fall guy. I feel bad for whoever takes that role.

Well nobody is forced to do it after all. At least Spicer could hope it would go all right. Would have to have lived under a rock to think that this is a good idea to take the job now.

I actually wonder how they will find someone at all. I can't imagine anyone of the required calibre who would want to commit such a political and professional seppuku.


I'd take the job. If only to see what this circus looks like from the inside. But I dont think I have the profile they are looking for.


To be confronted daily by world class journalists about the last rage tweet shit storm and the inconsistencies of Trump without ever having an opportunity to just admit he is full of it looks like a job tailored made by Satan to punish dishonest politicians in the afterlife.

For someone who has no political or public aspirations? Sure I will tell bullshit to journalists for 3 year where both myself and the journalist know that its all crap.
Assuming the pay is good.

And sympathy for Spicer? He know what he was getting into, I don't feel sorry for him.



I don't see a reason to feel bad for spicer. It doesn't sound like he was judged poorly. It's not like he was set up for a poor performance and got repeatedly blamed. He clearly did his best. Maybe republicans disagree?


On June 21 2017 01:47 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
Saw this on ESPN
Source

I'll withhold my personal opinion on this one.


It's kind of a weird fight to have because the idea of a team called the red skins is just kind of hilarious at this point. It is by no means the sort of thing that will last forever. It is hard to say the red skins are even making the right choice by defending it so adamantly. "The people who have red skin" is just such a stupid fucking name to begin with. Not from an offensive point of view, but its just so dumb. Regardless of if the name is PC enough for the modern market, time does not favor them. It is hard to imagine that name still being used 20 years from now. Basically impossible. So why not find some way to pivot now before there is a full on, potent, directed, successful campaign against the team. It feels like sometimes this stuff can really pick up steam and that it does so really quickly. I am curious how much the red skins have to LOSE by changing the name. How many fans would they really lose by changing their team name?
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
June 20 2017 17:01 GMT
#158000
On June 21 2017 01:47 ZerOCoolSC2 wrote:
Saw this on ESPN
Source

I'll withhold my personal opinion on this one.

We talked about it yesterday and the ruling is pretty reasonable. Trademarks do not have the same impact as something like racially restrictive convents for land sales. And the ruling does not provide any specific protection for the court of public opinion.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Prev 1 7898 7899 7900 7901 7902 10093 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O148
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 566
ZZZero.O 148
soO 53
Hyun 53
Dota 2
qojqva2308
monkeys_forever10
League of Legends
Doublelift2337
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4800
Liquid`Hasu633
Other Games
summit1g6143
FrodaN1600
KnowMe352
Pyrionflax215
420jenkins184
Livibee182
QueenE98
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick711
StarCraft 2
angryscii 35
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 77
• Adnapsc2 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 45
• FirePhoenix6
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie992
• Shiphtur620
• Scarra449
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 52m
Patches Events
17h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 52m
OSC
1d 1h
OSC
1d 14h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.