• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:06
CEST 03:06
KST 10:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9638 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 10073

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10071 10072 10073 10074 10075 10093 Next
Read the rules in the OP before posting, please.

In order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a re-read to refresh your memory! The vast majority of you are contributing in a healthy way, keep it up!

NOTE: When providing a source, explain why you feel it is relevant and what purpose it adds to the discussion if it's not obvious.
Also take note that unsubstantiated tweets/posts meant only to rekindle old arguments can result in a mod action.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24385 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-16 17:45:35
March 16 2018 17:42 GMT
#201441
On March 17 2018 02:35 Wulfey_LA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2018 02:28 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 17 2018 02:01 Wulfey_LA wrote:
This is insane. Police-less states were tried in the past and having tax payer funded state police forces is by far the best of many options. Let us consider the alternatives. In the wild west, you had the Pinkertons and local law men empowered by the richest locals. In the medieval days, you had knights who kept the peace for the benefit of their lords. In places where police are under paid (all of South America), you have local crime lords supplementing police income to skirt nominal laws. Where the police are insufficient for local patrols, you get private security forces. In Japan, you had a leeching samurai class that kept the peace at the expense of the populace. In post Civil War America, you got the rise of the KKK to provide private domination and terrorism against undesirable local populations. In failing states (Somalia, western Iraq, eastern Syria, Afghanistan), you get warlords who take the place of police forces. Eliminating taxpayer funded police forces only results in other forms of security arising that are far worse. The USA style of police forces that are linked to a due process backed justice system may have some troubles, but damn are they the best of all possible options. Police officers are accountable to the voters who vote on their budget. This vastly superior to having cops that answer to warlords, kings, shoguns, corporations, drug dealers, and local business tycoons.



This is insane. Somehow people think comments like this have any value whatsoever.

Did you have any idea by what metrics you assess the efficacy of the US police/justice system or do you think you can assert it's effectiveness without them?


Pick one of the alternatives I listed that you would prefer. Also, you are the one proposing blowing up a status quo that has overwhelming voter and historical support. You bear the burden of proving out your alternative.

I choose none of your options. I choose the multi-pronged strategy I outlined before. Which would have a paid/trained intervention group that would do a lot of what you guys think we need untrained criminal conspirators aka cops (what we have now) to do.

The 'abolish the police' phrase refers to destroying the entrenched power and incentive structure fighting against the 'reforms' everyone says they agree on but no one can make happen (or measure their efficacy if they did). Not getting rid of the concept of compensating people who deescalate and resolve disputes.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
a_flayer
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands2826 Posts
March 16 2018 17:42 GMT
#201442
On March 17 2018 02:39 mierin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2018 02:28 iamthedave wrote:
On March 17 2018 02:01 Wulfey_LA wrote:
This is insane. Police-less states were tried in the past and having tax payer funded state police forces is by far the best of many options. Let us consider the alternatives. In the wild west, you had the Pinkertons and local law men empowered by the richest locals. In the medieval days, you had knights who kept the peace for the benefit of their lords. In places where police are under paid (all of South America), you have local crime lords supplementing police income to skirt nominal laws. Where the police are insufficient for local patrols, you get private security forces. In Japan, you had a leeching samurai class that kept the peace at the expense of the populace. In post Civil War America, you got the rise of the KKK to provide private domination and terrorism against undesirable local populations. In failing states (Somalia, western Iraq, eastern Syria, Afghanistan), you get warlords who take the place of police forces. Eliminating taxpayer funded police forces only results in other forms of security arising that are far worse. The USA style of police forces that are linked to a due process backed justice system may have some troubles, but damn are they the best of all possible options. Police officers are accountable to the voters who vote on their budget. This vastly superior to having cops that answer to warlords, kings, shoguns, corporations, drug dealers, and local business tycoons.


You have police regularly murdering the citizenry and walking it off without even a legal slap on the wrist.

That is not a sign of a great police force.


Since no "important" people are losing money / being affected directly by this, it's not going to change on its own. Some sort of widespread revolt will need to happen (and I think that'd be a good thing actually).

I agree. "Important" people need to start being affected by this sort of thing. Rigorously.
When you came along so righteous with a new national hate, so convincing is the ardor of war and of men, it's harder to breathe than to believe you're a friend. The wars at home, the wars abroad, all soaked in blood and lies and fraud.
Wulfey_LA
Profile Joined April 2017
932 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-16 17:48:10
March 16 2018 17:45 GMT
#201443
How about some data. Violent crime is trending down over the last 10 years in the USA*. Overall numbers of police shootings are down from the higher period of 2012-2014**. If you abolish the police, concentrations of power*** will replace the police with organizations that employ the threat of and the use of force to protect those concentrations of power. Any alternative system needs to grapple with this hard reality. Further, any alternative system needs to be shown that it will show even better results than the good trends we had going prior to the Trump administration.

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States#Crime_over_time

+ Show Spoiler +

EDIT: just go to the site, it is worth reading, I can't link their images right now

** https://news.vice.com/en_ca/article/xwvv3a/shot-by-cops

*** from my list above, Pinkertons, lawmen, samurai, knights, gendarmes, warlords, narcoCops, jihadists, kkk, mafia, criminal gansg, all of these guys move in where public security forces do not exist and serve the concentrations of power of them, or turn themselves into the new concentration of power.
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
March 16 2018 17:46 GMT
#201444
So for the lawyers in this thread, how often does this happen during a divorce?

Neosteel Enthusiast
IyMoon
Profile Joined April 2016
United States1249 Posts
March 16 2018 17:49 GMT
#201445
On March 17 2018 02:46 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
So for the lawyers in this thread, how often does this happen during a divorce?

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/974698079818526720


Is this part of the theory that its all a plan to move assets out of Trump name and into hers?
Something witty
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 16 2018 17:51 GMT
#201446
If the couple getting divorced is under criminal investigation, not that uncommon. Most attorneys that primarily practice family law are not going feel comfortable advocating for their client in the divorce and criminal proceedings. They are two very separate sections of law.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24385 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-16 17:58:16
March 16 2018 17:53 GMT
#201447
On March 17 2018 02:45 Wulfey_LA wrote:
How about some data. Violent crime is trending down over the last 10 years in the USA*. Overall numbers of police shootings are down from the higher period of 2012-2014**. If you abolish the police, concentrations of power*** will replace the police with organizations that employ the threat of and the use of force to protect those concentrations of power. Any alternative system needs to grapple with this hard reality. Further, any alternative system needs to be shown that it will show even better results than the good trends we had going prior to the Trump administration.

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States#Crime_over_time

+ Show Spoiler +

EDIT: just go to the site, it is worth reading, I can't link their images right now

** https://news.vice.com/en_ca/article/xwvv3a/shot-by-cops

*** from my list above, Pinkertons, lawmen, samurai, knights, gendarmes, warlords, narcoCops, jihadists, kkk, mafia, criminal gansg, all of these guys move in where public security forces do not exist and serve the concentrations of power of them, or turn themselves into the new concentration of power.


It's hard for me to treat this seriously at all.

Did you really just say the metric is Bureau of Justice statistics and then follow it immediately with an article pointing out why they aren't remotely accurate?

Like did that just happen? All the while playing the part of the one making the intelligent argument?

You have to be trolling.

Under the heading of:

KEY FINDINGS

VICE News sought records on officer-involved shootings from the country’s 50 largest local police departments; 47 responded with data sufficient for analysis. Many fought hard to keep the information secret, and some responded to our requests only under threat of legal action. One department sent a CD-ROM containing a single spreadsheet file through the mail. Another wanted to charge us thousands of dollars unless the records were inspected in person.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18462 Posts
March 16 2018 17:53 GMT
#201448
I always like GH's approach to government:
Democratic party sucks. Don't bother try fixing it, it's too broken. Trash it and build a new grass roots party, which I am sure will be better! Why? WHY ARE YOU ASKING WHY? CAN'T YOU SEE HOW FILTHY CORRUPT THE DNC IS?!
Police sucks. Don't bother try fixing it, it's too broken. Trash it and have this anarcho-capitalist substitute, which I am sure will work better! Why? WHY ARE YOU ASKING WHY? CAN'T YOU SEE HOW DISGUSTINGLY BROKEN THE POLICE IS?!
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24385 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-16 17:58:50
March 16 2018 17:57 GMT
#201449
On March 17 2018 02:53 Acrofales wrote:
I always like GH's approach to government:
Democratic party sucks. Don't bother try fixing it, it's too broken. Trash it and build a new grass roots party, which I am sure will be better! Why? WHY ARE YOU ASKING WHY? CAN'T YOU SEE HOW FILTHY CORRUPT THE DNC IS?!
Police sucks. Don't bother try fixing it, it's too broken. Trash it and have this anarcho-capitalist substitute, which I am sure will work better! Why? WHY ARE YOU ASKING WHY? CAN'T YOU SEE HOW DISGUSTINGLY BROKEN THE POLICE IS?!


lol I love when people fail so utterly at making a substantive argument (or can't be bothered to try to fake it) that they resort to clownish misrepresentations like this.

It's indicative of just how horribly their argument (or lack there of) was constructed in the first place.

The caps really help drive it home lol
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
March 16 2018 17:58 GMT
#201450
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
March 16 2018 18:01 GMT
#201451
On March 17 2018 02:58 Doodsmack wrote:
https://twitter.com/jchengwsj/status/974457978446405634


i imagine this is like being told you're going to get to meet your childhood hero, and then you get to meet the guy who plans his travel instead. except travel guy in this case thinks he's hot shit.

hopefully ivanka reads the wiki page on korean penninsula relations beforehand.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18462 Posts
March 16 2018 18:01 GMT
#201452
On March 17 2018 02:57 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2018 02:53 Acrofales wrote:
I always like GH's approach to government:
Democratic party sucks. Don't bother try fixing it, it's too broken. Trash it and build a new grass roots party, which I am sure will be better! Why? WHY ARE YOU ASKING WHY? CAN'T YOU SEE HOW FILTHY CORRUPT THE DNC IS?!
Police sucks. Don't bother try fixing it, it's too broken. Trash it and have this anarcho-capitalist substitute, which I am sure will work better! Why? WHY ARE YOU ASKING WHY? CAN'T YOU SEE HOW DISGUSTINGLY BROKEN THE POLICE IS?!


lol I love when people fail so utterly at making a substantive argument (or can't be bothered to try to fake it) that they resort to clownish misrepresentations like this.

It's indicative of just how horribly their argument (or lack there of) was constructed in the first place.

Actually, it's not my argument. I haven't entered into it. I'm just flummoxed reading a 6-point summary on Rolling Stones (well known for their nuanced understanding of complex social issues) and then pages of worthless discussion in which you just repeat that people haven't read the article are bringing up (valid) criticism of it and repeating over and over that the current police force is broken.

And this is you arguing with a bunch of people who I would consider quite left-wing and happy to agree with you that the police force as is, is a hopelessly corrupt, racist bunch of trash.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24385 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-16 18:25:52
March 16 2018 18:04 GMT
#201453
On March 17 2018 03:01 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2018 02:57 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 17 2018 02:53 Acrofales wrote:
I always like GH's approach to government:
Democratic party sucks. Don't bother try fixing it, it's too broken. Trash it and build a new grass roots party, which I am sure will be better! Why? WHY ARE YOU ASKING WHY? CAN'T YOU SEE HOW FILTHY CORRUPT THE DNC IS?!
Police sucks. Don't bother try fixing it, it's too broken. Trash it and have this anarcho-capitalist substitute, which I am sure will work better! Why? WHY ARE YOU ASKING WHY? CAN'T YOU SEE HOW DISGUSTINGLY BROKEN THE POLICE IS?!


lol I love when people fail so utterly at making a substantive argument (or can't be bothered to try to fake it) that they resort to clownish misrepresentations like this.

It's indicative of just how horribly their argument (or lack there of) was constructed in the first place.

Actually, it's not my argument. I haven't entered into it. I'm just flummoxed reading a 6-point summary on Rolling Stones (well known for their nuanced understanding of complex social issues) and then pages of worthless discussion in which you just repeat that people haven't read the article are bringing up (valid) criticism of it and repeating over and over that the current police force is broken.

And this is you arguing with a bunch of people who I would consider quite left-wing and happy to agree with you that the police force as is, is a hopelessly corrupt, racist bunch of trash.


Ah I see, so you don't actually have an argument, just wanted to comment that you didn't understand the one being had. No problem then.

To recap:

It's totally reasonable and expected to provide a comprehensive plan to fix the entire police system in post form

It's totally unreasonable to expect the people saying their system is working and just needs reform to have any idea how they measure the efficacy of their preferred system or any reforms they won't get.

this shit is a joke.

EDIT: While I'm at it I'll also comment on having to suffer through this argument. PFFT!

As opposed to the National Enquirer: Political Nerds Edition conversation that's always humming in the background, I'd rather bludgeon myself to death with a soup spoon than read that, but you guys seem to love it. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 16 2018 18:13 GMT
#201454
On March 17 2018 02:46 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
So for the lawyers in this thread, how often does this happen during a divorce?

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/974698079818526720

When you're at that level, it's fairly common. If you're looking at the legal needs of celebrities and athletes, criminal defense and family law are the two big ones. For this reason, it is fairly common for the elite firms that have these clients to take care of both needs.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18462 Posts
March 16 2018 18:23 GMT
#201455
On March 17 2018 03:04 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2018 03:01 Acrofales wrote:
On March 17 2018 02:57 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 17 2018 02:53 Acrofales wrote:
I always like GH's approach to government:
Democratic party sucks. Don't bother try fixing it, it's too broken. Trash it and build a new grass roots party, which I am sure will be better! Why? WHY ARE YOU ASKING WHY? CAN'T YOU SEE HOW FILTHY CORRUPT THE DNC IS?!
Police sucks. Don't bother try fixing it, it's too broken. Trash it and have this anarcho-capitalist substitute, which I am sure will work better! Why? WHY ARE YOU ASKING WHY? CAN'T YOU SEE HOW DISGUSTINGLY BROKEN THE POLICE IS?!


lol I love when people fail so utterly at making a substantive argument (or can't be bothered to try to fake it) that they resort to clownish misrepresentations like this.

It's indicative of just how horribly their argument (or lack there of) was constructed in the first place.

Actually, it's not my argument. I haven't entered into it. I'm just flummoxed reading a 6-point summary on Rolling Stones (well known for their nuanced understanding of complex social issues) and then pages of worthless discussion in which you just repeat that people haven't read the article are bringing up (valid) criticism of it and repeating over and over that the current police force is broken.

And this is you arguing with a bunch of people who I would consider quite left-wing and happy to agree with you that the police force as is, is a hopelessly corrupt, racist bunch of trash.


Ah I see, so you don't actually have an argument, just wanted to comment that you didn't understand the one being had. No problem then.

To recap:

It's totally reasonable and expected to provide a comprehensive plan to fix the entire police system in post form

It's totally unreasonable to expect the people saying their system is working and just needs reform to have any idea how they measure the efficacy of their preferred system or any reforms they won't get.

this shit is a joke.

As I just said, you're not arguing with danglars or xdaunt. You're arguing with hunts and wulffey. I really doubt they claim that the system is working. What they're saying is "don't throw the baby out with the bathwater".
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12570 Posts
March 16 2018 18:25 GMT
#201456
On March 17 2018 03:23 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2018 03:04 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 17 2018 03:01 Acrofales wrote:
On March 17 2018 02:57 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 17 2018 02:53 Acrofales wrote:
I always like GH's approach to government:
Democratic party sucks. Don't bother try fixing it, it's too broken. Trash it and build a new grass roots party, which I am sure will be better! Why? WHY ARE YOU ASKING WHY? CAN'T YOU SEE HOW FILTHY CORRUPT THE DNC IS?!
Police sucks. Don't bother try fixing it, it's too broken. Trash it and have this anarcho-capitalist substitute, which I am sure will work better! Why? WHY ARE YOU ASKING WHY? CAN'T YOU SEE HOW DISGUSTINGLY BROKEN THE POLICE IS?!


lol I love when people fail so utterly at making a substantive argument (or can't be bothered to try to fake it) that they resort to clownish misrepresentations like this.

It's indicative of just how horribly their argument (or lack there of) was constructed in the first place.

Actually, it's not my argument. I haven't entered into it. I'm just flummoxed reading a 6-point summary on Rolling Stones (well known for their nuanced understanding of complex social issues) and then pages of worthless discussion in which you just repeat that people haven't read the article are bringing up (valid) criticism of it and repeating over and over that the current police force is broken.

And this is you arguing with a bunch of people who I would consider quite left-wing and happy to agree with you that the police force as is, is a hopelessly corrupt, racist bunch of trash.


Ah I see, so you don't actually have an argument, just wanted to comment that you didn't understand the one being had. No problem then.

To recap:

It's totally reasonable and expected to provide a comprehensive plan to fix the entire police system in post form

It's totally unreasonable to expect the people saying their system is working and just needs reform to have any idea how they measure the efficacy of their preferred system or any reforms they won't get.

this shit is a joke.

As I just said, you're not arguing with danglars or xdaunt. You're arguing with hunts and wulffey. I really doubt they claim that the system is working. What they're saying is "don't throw the baby out with the bathwater".


You think hunts and Wulfey are "quite left"?
No will to live, no wish to die
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24385 Posts
March 16 2018 18:27 GMT
#201457
On March 17 2018 03:25 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2018 03:23 Acrofales wrote:
On March 17 2018 03:04 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 17 2018 03:01 Acrofales wrote:
On March 17 2018 02:57 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 17 2018 02:53 Acrofales wrote:
I always like GH's approach to government:
Democratic party sucks. Don't bother try fixing it, it's too broken. Trash it and build a new grass roots party, which I am sure will be better! Why? WHY ARE YOU ASKING WHY? CAN'T YOU SEE HOW FILTHY CORRUPT THE DNC IS?!
Police sucks. Don't bother try fixing it, it's too broken. Trash it and have this anarcho-capitalist substitute, which I am sure will work better! Why? WHY ARE YOU ASKING WHY? CAN'T YOU SEE HOW DISGUSTINGLY BROKEN THE POLICE IS?!


lol I love when people fail so utterly at making a substantive argument (or can't be bothered to try to fake it) that they resort to clownish misrepresentations like this.

It's indicative of just how horribly their argument (or lack there of) was constructed in the first place.

Actually, it's not my argument. I haven't entered into it. I'm just flummoxed reading a 6-point summary on Rolling Stones (well known for their nuanced understanding of complex social issues) and then pages of worthless discussion in which you just repeat that people haven't read the article are bringing up (valid) criticism of it and repeating over and over that the current police force is broken.

And this is you arguing with a bunch of people who I would consider quite left-wing and happy to agree with you that the police force as is, is a hopelessly corrupt, racist bunch of trash.


Ah I see, so you don't actually have an argument, just wanted to comment that you didn't understand the one being had. No problem then.

To recap:

It's totally reasonable and expected to provide a comprehensive plan to fix the entire police system in post form

It's totally unreasonable to expect the people saying their system is working and just needs reform to have any idea how they measure the efficacy of their preferred system or any reforms they won't get.

this shit is a joke.

As I just said, you're not arguing with danglars or xdaunt. You're arguing with hunts and wulffey. I really doubt they claim that the system is working. What they're saying is "don't throw the baby out with the bathwater".


You think hunts and Wulfey are "quite left"?


Beat me to it. I'm sorry that anyone thinks hunts posts add much of anything but noise to any argument I've seen him drive by recently, let alone that they rank as 'quite left'.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18462 Posts
March 16 2018 18:35 GMT
#201458
On March 17 2018 03:27 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2018 03:25 Nebuchad wrote:
On March 17 2018 03:23 Acrofales wrote:
On March 17 2018 03:04 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 17 2018 03:01 Acrofales wrote:
On March 17 2018 02:57 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 17 2018 02:53 Acrofales wrote:
I always like GH's approach to government:
Democratic party sucks. Don't bother try fixing it, it's too broken. Trash it and build a new grass roots party, which I am sure will be better! Why? WHY ARE YOU ASKING WHY? CAN'T YOU SEE HOW FILTHY CORRUPT THE DNC IS?!
Police sucks. Don't bother try fixing it, it's too broken. Trash it and have this anarcho-capitalist substitute, which I am sure will work better! Why? WHY ARE YOU ASKING WHY? CAN'T YOU SEE HOW DISGUSTINGLY BROKEN THE POLICE IS?!


lol I love when people fail so utterly at making a substantive argument (or can't be bothered to try to fake it) that they resort to clownish misrepresentations like this.

It's indicative of just how horribly their argument (or lack there of) was constructed in the first place.

Actually, it's not my argument. I haven't entered into it. I'm just flummoxed reading a 6-point summary on Rolling Stones (well known for their nuanced understanding of complex social issues) and then pages of worthless discussion in which you just repeat that people haven't read the article are bringing up (valid) criticism of it and repeating over and over that the current police force is broken.

And this is you arguing with a bunch of people who I would consider quite left-wing and happy to agree with you that the police force as is, is a hopelessly corrupt, racist bunch of trash.


Ah I see, so you don't actually have an argument, just wanted to comment that you didn't understand the one being had. No problem then.

To recap:

It's totally reasonable and expected to provide a comprehensive plan to fix the entire police system in post form

It's totally unreasonable to expect the people saying their system is working and just needs reform to have any idea how they measure the efficacy of their preferred system or any reforms they won't get.

this shit is a joke.

As I just said, you're not arguing with danglars or xdaunt. You're arguing with hunts and wulffey. I really doubt they claim that the system is working. What they're saying is "don't throw the baby out with the bathwater".


You think hunts and Wulfey are "quite left"?


Beat me to it. I'm sorry that anyone thinks hunts posts add much of anything but noise to any argument I've seen him drive by recently, let alone that they rank as 'quite left'.

Here, I'll draw it for you:

GH -- Nebu ---------------------------------- Most everybody else on this forum with left-wing ideas including Wulfey and Hunts ------------------------------ Center ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Danglars
a_flayer
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands2826 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-16 18:41:14
March 16 2018 18:36 GMT
#201459
Yeah. If you post any form of suggestion for change people always zoom in on that little thing they dislike, ignore everything else, and proclaim that "it is impossible". It's easy to shoot things down like that. Come up with your own better suggestions, or link to articles from what you think are more credible sources on the subject if that's your complaint.

Edit: stop drinking and posting Acrofales
When you came along so righteous with a new national hate, so convincing is the ardor of war and of men, it's harder to breathe than to believe you're a friend. The wars at home, the wars abroad, all soaked in blood and lies and fraud.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12570 Posts
March 16 2018 18:37 GMT
#201460
On March 17 2018 03:35 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2018 03:27 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 17 2018 03:25 Nebuchad wrote:
On March 17 2018 03:23 Acrofales wrote:
On March 17 2018 03:04 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 17 2018 03:01 Acrofales wrote:
On March 17 2018 02:57 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 17 2018 02:53 Acrofales wrote:
I always like GH's approach to government:
Democratic party sucks. Don't bother try fixing it, it's too broken. Trash it and build a new grass roots party, which I am sure will be better! Why? WHY ARE YOU ASKING WHY? CAN'T YOU SEE HOW FILTHY CORRUPT THE DNC IS?!
Police sucks. Don't bother try fixing it, it's too broken. Trash it and have this anarcho-capitalist substitute, which I am sure will work better! Why? WHY ARE YOU ASKING WHY? CAN'T YOU SEE HOW DISGUSTINGLY BROKEN THE POLICE IS?!


lol I love when people fail so utterly at making a substantive argument (or can't be bothered to try to fake it) that they resort to clownish misrepresentations like this.

It's indicative of just how horribly their argument (or lack there of) was constructed in the first place.

Actually, it's not my argument. I haven't entered into it. I'm just flummoxed reading a 6-point summary on Rolling Stones (well known for their nuanced understanding of complex social issues) and then pages of worthless discussion in which you just repeat that people haven't read the article are bringing up (valid) criticism of it and repeating over and over that the current police force is broken.

And this is you arguing with a bunch of people who I would consider quite left-wing and happy to agree with you that the police force as is, is a hopelessly corrupt, racist bunch of trash.


Ah I see, so you don't actually have an argument, just wanted to comment that you didn't understand the one being had. No problem then.

To recap:

It's totally reasonable and expected to provide a comprehensive plan to fix the entire police system in post form

It's totally unreasonable to expect the people saying their system is working and just needs reform to have any idea how they measure the efficacy of their preferred system or any reforms they won't get.

this shit is a joke.

As I just said, you're not arguing with danglars or xdaunt. You're arguing with hunts and wulffey. I really doubt they claim that the system is working. What they're saying is "don't throw the baby out with the bathwater".


You think hunts and Wulfey are "quite left"?


Beat me to it. I'm sorry that anyone thinks hunts posts add much of anything but noise to any argument I've seen him drive by recently, let alone that they rank as 'quite left'.

Here, I'll draw it for you:

GH -- Nebu ---------------------------------- Most everybody else on this forum with left-wing ideas including Wulfey and Hunts ------------------------------ Center ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Danglars


I'm genuinely surprised to see you post like this.

But hey, I guess you win this argument. Hunts and wulfey are, indeed, to the left of Danglars.
No will to live, no wish to die
Prev 1 10071 10072 10073 10074 10075 10093 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings99
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE157
SpeCial 134
StarCraft: Brood War
Bale 25
Sharp 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever584
NeuroSwarm193
League of Legends
Doublelift4730
Counter-Strike
taco 323
Other Games
summit1g6929
JimRising 467
C9.Mang0352
ToD95
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick682
StarCraft 2
BasetradeTV167
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 99
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP78
• poizon28 39
• davetesta24
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra1
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 54m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
15h 54m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 54m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.