• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:30
CEST 20:30
KST 03:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9473 users

2013 - What are you reading? - Page 6

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 58 Next
Malkavian183
Profile Joined February 2011
Turkey227 Posts
January 02 2012 17:16 GMT
#101
i will finish the complete stories of sherlock holmes by arthur conan doyle then read edgar allen poe's all stories. yeah i bought some compilations
Inject Bitch!
Cops
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom172 Posts
January 02 2012 23:52 GMT
#102
Just read:

[image loading]

Grapes of Wrath - The Steinbeck classic set during the Dust Storms of the 1930s. I can understand why it was controversial at the time because of the anti-capitalist sentiments in it. Really enjoyable book aside from the powerful message, you really warm to every member of the Joad family.
--

Currently reading:

[image loading]


Bret Easton Ellis is my favourite author. Trying to get through all of his novels.
--

Reading next:

[image loading]

Got it for Christmas, never read anything by DeLillo but my brother raved about him so
Maniac Cop
Juvant
Profile Joined April 2011
United States723 Posts
January 03 2012 03:34 GMT
#103
On January 03 2012 01:04 xrapture wrote:
Been trying to read
[image loading]
over the past month, but it is just so so soo bad. I think I'm done with the series. The first 3 books were great, but a Feast for Crows and now A Dance with Dragons are just so boring and slow that I fear this will become another Wheel of Time Series.



I see people say this so often, but I did not have the same feelings about the most recent books. ASoS is absolutely the pinnacle of the series, but I feel as though the last two are on par with the first two. Especially A Dance with Dragons.

Not sure how far into it you are, but I think it especially got better the farther into it I went.
Dark_Chill
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada3353 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-03 04:10:45
January 03 2012 03:55 GMT
#104
[image loading]

Edit: just read op, so adding reason.
I got the book for christmas, and it's pretty good. The title itself was enough to interest me, and while it is a bit slow directly after the beginning(not for long), the changing perspectives is pretty well-done, making me want to know more about the characters. I'd recommend it if you have nothing else in mind to read, but there are better stories out there imo. I'll update with a rating when finished reading.
CUTE MAKES RIGHT
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
January 03 2012 04:05 GMT
#105
I am not even trolling you guys, these books are legit..... I cannot get enough of them. They are like, the greatest books I've read in a while:
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading]


If you have never read these books, just go for it. You're never too old to enjoy a children's series
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
YouGotNothin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States907 Posts
January 03 2012 04:13 GMT
#106
As it seems many are reading (except I'm a couple of books behind). Getting a little bored of the series to be honest, this might be my last.

[image loading]

Also this, which has been pretty weird so far but I would recommend it nonetheless, its a pretty nerdy book.

[image loading]
I got nothin'...
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
January 03 2012 04:15 GMT
#107
On January 03 2012 13:13 YouGotNothin wrote:
As it seems many are reading (except I'm a couple of books behind). Getting a little bored of the series to be honest, this might be my last.

[image loading]

Also this, which has been pretty weird so far but I would recommend it nonetheless, its a pretty nerdy book.

[image loading]


Junot Diaz is an awesome author and even cooler person, really down to Earth.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
T3tra
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States406 Posts
January 03 2012 04:18 GMT
#108
[image loading]

I've been really interested in the black plague lately and I was told by one of my professors that the intro to the Decameron had some incite into what it was like to live back then while the plague was in full swing in Italy at the time. The language is also really interesting as well. It's free on the Kindle bookstore if anyone has one, I recommend checking it out!
I need this place like I need a shotgun blast to the face.
shtdisturbance
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada613 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-03 04:35:51
January 03 2012 04:31 GMT
#109
Current book:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


The next book I will be reading because of all the talk of it in this thread:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Any suggestions on books I might like? I am new to the reading scene. I loved The sword of truth! The Eragon series has been decent.
If you know those 2 series are there any other must read series along those lines?
defenestrate
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States579 Posts
January 03 2012 04:34 GMT
#110
Just finished

[image loading]

This is probably the best book that I will never read again. If you pick it up, resist the urge to read through the endnotes ahead of time.
We believe that we invent symbols. The truth is that they invent us; we are their creatures, shaped by their hard, defining edges.
se7en247
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States487 Posts
January 03 2012 04:41 GMT
#111
Currently reading:
[image loading]

Going to read next:
[image loading]
I didn't come to play..I came to win. Now lets play.
NeXiLe
Profile Joined February 2006
Canada262 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-03 05:07:09
January 03 2012 05:06 GMT
#112
Was never too into reading, always found games to be more entertaining ;p But recently a friend lent me a few books that have held my attention. I've read 3 1/2 so far during my breaks at work and at about 3am when I can't figure out what else to do ^^
[image loading]
wandakiwi
Profile Joined February 2010
United States22 Posts
January 03 2012 05:36 GMT
#113
This thread makes me so happy because I just got finished up with college and my parents bought me a Kindle as a graduation/Christmas present, so I've been thirsting for some new books to read!

Currently Reading: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
- Rereading the Hunger Games series because it's awesome and the movie comes out soon! Almost finished If you haven't read the series I highly recommend it.

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Picked this book up because my boyfriend has reread it three times and said it's really good. I really like it so far. Reminds me of Starcraft a bit, too

Just finished: Divergent by Veronica Roth + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Another really good series, sad the next book doesn't come out until April though. It's about a girl who has to decide, out of the 5 factions in her society, which one she belongs in, forsaking her previous life and family. Had an interesting plot twist, too. Gotta love dystopian novels!
Carpe diem! Seize the day. Make your lives extraordinary
vittra
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden16 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-03 09:20:09
January 03 2012 09:19 GMT
#114
On January 01 2012 19:07 Xeteh wrote:
[image loading]

I initially picked up the Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson when I was in need of something to read. Turned out I loved the world he created in that trilogy (as well as the way-to-short 4th book). So after reading those books I decided I had to read everything he wrote. I've finish Elantris and I'm around 40% of the way through this one. So far it isn't my favorite and I've found it to be a bit slow on the start but it is still very well written. I'm a huge fan of his and look forward to future books.


My favurite autor! Mistborn is soooo good. I do recomend Warbreaker as well.

Right now I'm reading this: [image loading]

Not avalible in english, unfortunatly, though.
Vortigan
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark306 Posts
January 03 2012 09:40 GMT
#115
[image loading]

and

[image loading]

YES SIR!
tonning
Profile Joined May 2011
Norway111 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-03 12:11:47
January 03 2012 12:11 GMT
#116
[image loading]
Never give up, never surrender. Winners never quit and quitters never win.
MetalLobster
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada532 Posts
January 03 2012 12:20 GMT
#117
[image loading]
RHCPgergo
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Hungary345 Posts
January 03 2012 12:26 GMT
#118
[image loading]

Autobiography of Andre Agassi. Very enjoyable and easy to read.
Onecron
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland21 Posts
January 03 2012 12:32 GMT
#119
[image loading]
DropTester
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia608 Posts
January 03 2012 12:54 GMT
#120
On January 03 2012 12:34 Juvant wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2012 01:04 xrapture wrote:
Been trying to read
[image loading]
over the past month, but it is just so so soo bad. I think I'm done with the series. The first 3 books were great, but a Feast for Crows and now A Dance with Dragons are just so boring and slow that I fear this will become another Wheel of Time Series.



I see people say this so often, but I did not have the same feelings about the most recent books. ASoS is absolutely the pinnacle of the series, but I feel as though the last two are on par with the first two. Especially A Dance with Dragons.

Not sure how far into it you are, but I think it especially got better the farther into it I went.


after just watching game of thrones I really want to get into this series..but it's been a pain trying to get my hands on a copy from my local library.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 290
ProTech138
UpATreeSC 121
BRAT_OK 87
MindelVK 25
Railgan 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2170
Bisu 1078
Dewaltoss 121
Shinee 55
Trap 32
Bale 23
NaDa 23
scan(afreeca) 15
zelot 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 562
420jenkins408
League of Legends
Reynor62
Counter-Strike
fl0m4490
pashabiceps948
Fnx 660
x6flipin216
kRYSTAL_30
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3320
Liquid`Hasu500
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1735
FrodaN840
B2W.Neo291
Livibee184
C9.Mang0136
TKL 84
QueenE83
RotterdaM61
Mew2King31
JuggernautJason6
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV245
BasetradeTV192
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 10
• Adnapsc2 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3000
• TFBlade882
Other Games
• Shiphtur1294
• imaqtpie665
• WagamamaTV385
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 30m
Patches Events
21h 30m
The PondCast
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.