• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:33
CEST 00:33
KST 07:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8596 users

2013 - What are you reading? - Page 4

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 56 57 58 Next
Fryght
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands254 Posts
January 01 2012 14:32 GMT
#61
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

[image loading]

MdS is a lot softer than I'd thought it.
KNICK
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Germany248 Posts
January 01 2012 14:41 GMT
#62
Last read:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Classic tales, some are quite a chore to read, others are absolutely brilliant.


Currently reading:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Amazing author, taking the horror genre into a somewhat philosophical direction. Recommended!


Next read:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
I have played the game years ago, always wanted to read the story, never got around to it. Now it's next on my list.

I close one eye, and I see half. I close both, and I see everything.
idonthinksobro
Profile Joined December 2010
3138 Posts
January 01 2012 14:43 GMT
#63
currently:
Faust - already read it before but it is one of the best fucking books on the planet so i had to read it again, of course in german. Afaik the book is a lot worse translated.

later:
well i want to read more classic books such as Moby dick and i also enjoy reading Trümmerliteratur ("rubble literature", also called Kahlschlagliteratur "clear-cutting literature") and stuff +50 / -50 years. So iam going to read lots of stuff from bertolt brecht, wolfgang borchert, Böll and so on.

Mixed in some easier to read books, maybe random king novels or something similiar.
Iam also going to try to read more books in english, my english is good enough to talk to people and write essays but it's really far from perfect.
bluQ
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany1724 Posts
January 01 2012 14:45 GMT
#64
Currently Reading(german version :/):
[image loading]

Next Read:
[image loading]
www.twitch.tv/bluquh (PoE, Starbow, HS)
Maxd11
Profile Joined July 2011
United States680 Posts
January 01 2012 15:10 GMT
#65
[image loading]

[image loading]
I looked in the mirror and saw biupilm69t
ThreeAcross
Profile Joined January 2011
172 Posts
January 01 2012 15:14 GMT
#66
On January 01 2012 19:07 Xeteh wrote:
[image loading]

I initially picked up the Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson when I was in need of something to read. Turned out I loved the world he created in that trilogy (as well as the way-to-short 4th book). So after reading those books I decided I had to read everything he wrote. I've finish Elantris and I'm around 40% of the way through this one. So far it isn't my favorite and I've found it to be a bit slow on the start but it is still very well written. I'm a huge fan of his and look forward to future books.


I am actually reading the fourth book right now, just haven't had a lot of time. I really enjoyed the Mistborn trilogy and would recommend it to anyone.
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
January 01 2012 15:14 GMT
#67
Still not finish but near:
[image loading]

Next Two:
[image loading]

[image loading]
n_n
Grovbolle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark3815 Posts
January 01 2012 15:14 GMT
#68
I'll re-read the Harry Potter books just because they are so good.
And I'll start the "Game of Thrones" books (or are they called "A song of Ice and Fire"?)
Lies, damned lies and statistics: http://aligulac.com
kef
Profile Joined September 2010
283 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-01 15:39:44
January 01 2012 15:39 GMT
#69
[image loading]
kinda picked this one up on a whim, it's actually quite good. I'm usually into more space opera sci-fi and deeper topics, but it's a good quick read.
[image loading]
This is also a pretty good look at the thought processes behind different the different skill levels of players, I'm actually (according to this) much better at chess than I thought, though I've never been rated
There are two kinds of people in this world: people who say there are two kinds of people in the world and people who know the first group of people are full of shit.
Blackrobe
Profile Joined August 2010
United States806 Posts
January 01 2012 15:46 GMT
#70
[image loading]
"To make no mistakes is not in the power of man; but from their errors and mistakes the wise and good learn wisdom for the future."
Recognizable
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Netherlands1552 Posts
January 01 2012 15:54 GMT
#71
[image loading]

Any doubts I had are because of this book completely vanished. There is almost certainly no god.
Dankbeer
Profile Joined November 2010
United States61 Posts
January 01 2012 15:57 GMT
#72
[image loading]
Tomorrow comes today.
magnaflow
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada1521 Posts
January 01 2012 16:02 GMT
#73
When I was a teenager I was really into the dragonlance series, I plan on reading all of them again this year. I just finished (as emberrasing as this may be) all of the twilight books (which I thought were actually pretty good)

teknomage
Profile Joined July 2010
16 Posts
January 01 2012 16:59 GMT
#74
On January 02 2012 00:14 ThreeAcross wrote:
I am actually reading the fourth book right now, just haven't had a lot of time. I really enjoyed the Mistborn trilogy and would recommend it to anyone.


I've read the three first and loved them but reading the plot thingie about the fourth didn't sound too good to me. Maybe I'll pick it up at a later point. Heard some good about it anyway. Hope I'm just wrong.
MasterKush
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom568 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-01 17:03:49
January 01 2012 17:03 GMT
#75
[image loading]

Pretty self-explanatory, good read so far
"Because, maybe, unlike what every whining kid on the internet thinks, terran actually isn't the easiest race? Shocking, I know." - Liquid`Jinro
Mereel
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany895 Posts
January 01 2012 17:03 GMT
#76
On January 01 2012 22:17 Malinor wrote:
[image loading]

Fifth book in this ten book series. Sometimes there is just too many mysterious, old and/or powerful creatures in these books, which all seem to be able to single-handedly to destroy the world(s), but besides that flaw, these books are extremely well written and a pleasure to read. I am in for the ride for the next ~6000-7000pages.


lol am also at this exact book right now
TPW Mapmaking Team
Enki
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2548 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-02 15:35:30
January 01 2012 17:33 GMT
#77
Last Read:
[image loading]
[image loading]
Hush, and Under the Red Hood. Got these Batman graphic novels for Christmas. Both are fantastic, among the best of the Batman graphic novels that I have read so far.

Reading Now:
[image loading]
Ronin - A Ronin is reincarnated into a dystopian New York City, and has to hunt down the demon who slayed his master. Liking this alot so far, gives off a bit of an Akira vibe to me.

Reading Next:
[image loading]
From Hell - I have heard alot about this. Just browsing through, the artwork is really well done in this, can't wait to start it!
"Practice, practice, practice. And when you're not practicing you should be practicing. It's the only way to get better. The only way." I run the Smix Fanclub!
Adaptation
Profile Joined August 2004
Canada427 Posts
January 02 2012 02:02 GMT
#78
On January 01 2012 20:32 rebuffering wrote:
Well i just finished

Simply amazing, recalling the life and times of famous roman figures like Cicero, Gaius Marius, Caesar, and like a dozen others. good stuff.
[image loading]


and Symmetry, anyone into math, or physics, or art of some kind, will enjoy this a lot.
[image loading]

and what im reading right now!!! literally this moment!

The life of Nikola Tesla, and my god, this is one of the best books ive read since a Brief history of time. Simply fascinating, Tesla is the most underrated scientist of our lifetime.

[image loading]

and after that!

just traded Plutarch's Lives for this bad boy, don't know anything about it, just heard it was a thinker. Happy new year folks!
[image loading]


Your gonna have a blast. Durant is incredible. Story of philosophy followed by story of cilisation is incredible.
So i did a 9 pool on an island map, so what?
bluemanrocks
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States304 Posts
January 02 2012 02:05 GMT
#79
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

^ what ive read so far over winter break. plan on reading some more vonnegut before going back to school.
I AM THE THIRD GATE GUARDIAN
Pericles
Profile Joined April 2010
United States27 Posts
January 02 2012 04:36 GMT
#80
Just Read:
All Day Permanent Red

War Music

Not sure what I'll read next.
Heroes have the whole earth for their tomb
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 56 57 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 121
ViBE71
CosmosSc2 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 585
Artosis 360
910 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever483
League of Legends
JimRising 474
Counter-Strike
minikerr12
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS103
PPMD40
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5562
Liquid`Hasu1457
Other Games
summit1g8029
shahzam528
byalli379
C9.Mang0219
Trikslyr41
ZombieGrub15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream168
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 93
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki41
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 27m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 27m
Stellar Fest
14h 27m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.