• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:18
CEST 16:18
KST 23:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7398 users

2013 - What are you reading? - Page 7

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 58 Next
Murmeln
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden185 Posts
January 03 2012 13:02 GMT
#121
Just read: The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson.
Next on the list: The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master
"The world is a mess and I just need to rule it"
NeThZOR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
South Africa7387 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-03 13:31:23
January 03 2012 13:31 GMT
#122
Recently bought this book. It seemed like an interesting read, so I picked it up. Will probably start to read it in the coming days.

[image loading]
SuperNova - 2015 | SKT1 fan for years | Dear, FlaSh, PartinG, Soulkey, Naniwa
Surrealistic
Profile Joined September 2009
311 Posts
January 09 2012 03:33 GMT
#123
[image loading]
[image loading]

Title should be changed to TL Book Club or something.

Poll. Alot of books I wanna read, but it's gonna cost me. Just wondering about others.
Poll: Do you purchase books? Choose the most relevant answer.

Yes - Hard Copy (49)
 
71%

A mixture of the above (2 or more evenly relevant). (10)
 
14%

No - Illegal downloads (5)
 
7%

Yes - Digital (3)
 
4%

No - Borrow (Library) (2)
 
3%

69 total votes

Your vote: Do you purchase books? Choose the most relevant answer.

(Vote): Yes - Hard Copy
(Vote): Yes - Digital
(Vote): No - Borrow (Library)
(Vote): No - Illegal downloads
(Vote): A mixture of the above (2 or more evenly relevant).

Vilonis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States130 Posts
January 09 2012 03:36 GMT
#124
In response to you poll, I LOVE real books. They feel good, look good, and occasionally smell good. With so many Border's Book Stores and Barnes and Noble's going out of business and closing stores, I worry that I will not be able to buy physical books, but only eBooks. Which would such. So I hope that doesn't happen.
"Such is the vastness of his genius that he can outwit even himself!" - Iskaral Pust, High Priest of High House Shadow
REDBLUEGREEN
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Germany1904 Posts
January 09 2012 03:59 GMT
#125
[image loading]

[image loading]

Bit of a hobby anthropologist I guess. Compared to native americans these people still live a more natural life. Although their culture got destroyed under Stalins terror some of it is returning now. Many of those have not received any wages in years and live by subsistence hunting.
Steel
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Japan2283 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-09 04:04:50
January 09 2012 04:03 GMT
#126
I'll try to finish Malazan but fuck I can't read during my semester =(

And also I LOVE real books I really can't focus on ebooks and even if I borrow books...If I really enjoy the story I'll buy them so I can share them with other friends and read them many years from now
Try another route paperboy.
Kurr
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2338 Posts
January 09 2012 04:03 GMT
#127
I am now on my 12th book in the past 2 weeks. About a book a day.

Reading R.A Salvatore's Forgotten Realms books. I'm reading them in order, so I read the Icewind Dale and Dark Elf Trilogies, then the Cleric Quintet.

I've started the 12th book, first in The Legacy of the Drow and I'm about 3/4 done.


However, university is starting again tomorrow so I'll be slowing down a ton.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ | ┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
SilverJohnny
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States885 Posts
January 09 2012 04:10 GMT
#128
Read the first James Bond Book (Casino Royale) just before new years, plan to go through the whole rest of the series this year. It brings a new perspective to the classic Bond films I know and love.

Also reading Picture of Dorian Grey, and just finished Xenophon's Memorable thoughts of Socrates.
also i think you should be able to combine like 5 archons to make a really really shitty oliver stone film - Keanu_Reaver, bw balance genius
FJ
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom321 Posts
January 09 2012 04:14 GMT
#129
On January 09 2012 12:36 Vilonis wrote:
In response to you poll, I LOVE real books. They feel good, look good, and occasionally smell good. With so many Border's Book Stores and Barnes and Noble's going out of business and closing stores, I worry that I will not be able to buy physical books, but only eBooks. Which would such. So I hope that doesn't happen.


Don't worry, you'll always be able to get a hard copy. There are still a lot of people who prefer to hold a physical book. I personally just torrent everything to my kindle.

I mean, we can still buy records and casettes if you wanted, so you will still be able to get print books.
Disregard females, acquire vespene gas.
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
January 09 2012 04:16 GMT
#130
[image loading]

Oddly enough my favorite character isn't the hero but Chronicler.

[image loading]

At this rate I should finish Roosevelt by February and Nicholas & Alexandra by end of next week, if not tomorrow night. While starting the two above and second Game of Thrones book.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
jj33
Profile Joined April 2011
802 Posts
January 09 2012 04:22 GMT
#131
I'm reading the book of the fallan malazan series.

I read the song of fire and ice series, so I hungered for more fantasy and I found this series.

This series absolutely blows away the song of fire and ice. There are ten books total, I'm on the 8th now.

Freaking amazing series.

Author is Steven Erikson, first book is called Gardens of the moon.
jj33
Profile Joined April 2011
802 Posts
January 09 2012 04:24 GMT
#132
On January 09 2012 13:03 Steel wrote:
I'll try to finish Malazan but fuck I can't read during my semester =(

And also I LOVE real books I really can't focus on ebooks and even if I borrow books...If I really enjoy the story I'll buy them so I can share them with other friends and read them many years from now



A fellow Malazan reader!!

Which book are you on?

Maybe we can discuss about this book later, after we're done? I am still confused on many things, but people said it's normal, until everything comes together later.

Malazan book of the fallen is so awesome, words can't describe how much I love this series.
jj33
Profile Joined April 2011
802 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-09 04:28:05
January 09 2012 04:27 GMT
#133
On January 01 2012 22:17 Malinor wrote:
[image loading]

Fifth book in this ten book series. Sometimes there is just too many mysterious, old and/or powerful creatures in these books, which all seem to be able to single-handedly to destroy the world(s), but besides that flaw, these books are extremely well written and a pleasure to read. I am in for the ride for the next ~6000-7000pages.



which creatures are you talking about? I don't get that at all. Awesome series.

Except 1 character of course, but I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. =]
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
January 09 2012 04:32 GMT
#134
[image loading]

My girlfriend got a kindle for christmas and she pirated like 100+ books. So now I get to read whenever I want, for free!
good vibes only
Sprouter
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1724 Posts
January 09 2012 04:35 GMT
#135
[image loading] Reading this atm. Any Beatles fan should read this book
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
January 09 2012 04:36 GMT
#136
[image loading]
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
January 09 2012 04:40 GMT
#137
On January 09 2012 12:33 Surrealistic wrote:
Title should be changed to TL Book Club or something.

Poll. Alot of books I wanna read, but it's gonna cost me. Just wondering about others.
Poll: Do you purchase books? Choose the most relevant answer.

Yes - Hard Copy (49)
 
71%

A mixture of the above (2 or more evenly relevant). (10)
 
14%

No - Illegal downloads (5)
 
7%

Yes - Digital (3)
 
4%

No - Borrow (Library) (2)
 
3%

69 total votes

Your vote: Do you purchase books? Choose the most relevant answer.

(Vote): Yes - Hard Copy
(Vote): Yes - Digital
(Vote): No - Borrow (Library)
(Vote): No - Illegal downloads
(Vote): A mixture of the above (2 or more evenly relevant).



You should add second hand bookstores to that as well as softcover. I buy almost all my books in second hand stores and if I buy it new, it'll be softcover. Rarely, if ever will I buy it hardcover.

I just finished 1984. I had heard a lot about it and borrowed it from a person who recommended it to me. Kinda depressing ending, but pretty interesting.

I am currently reading through Wealth of Nations, I have heard that the modern era lost a lot of Adam Smith's nuanced thoughts on capitalism, so I was interested in going back to the source.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
Sparkman
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60 Posts
January 09 2012 04:41 GMT
#138
Interesting books. I have a New year's resolution to read at least 25-30 books. The book I'm reading now is

[image loading]

Almost done with it though, its really interesting. Dunno what to read next, anyone have any suggestions?
scarper65
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
1560 Posts
January 09 2012 04:42 GMT
#139
What books would you guys recommend for someone new to sci fi/fantasy. I really have enjoyed popular books such as the song of ice and fire, inheritance series, and ender's game
RDaneelOlivaw
Profile Joined April 2011
Vatican City State733 Posts
January 09 2012 04:45 GMT
#140
[image loading]

Dune and the rest of the series. Absolutely brilliant science fiction. The spice must flow.

The books even have me off to a good start with the new boss. I was carrying around Dune Messiah at work. and she spotted it. Apparently she is a tremendous fan. She and her husband even went as a Reverend Mother and Maud-Dib for Halloween one year lol
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1123
RotterdaM632
SteadfastSC296
TKL 229
Rex134
CosmosSc2 39
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 632
SteadfastSC 296
TKL 229
Rex 134
CosmosSc2 39
ProTech33
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42141
Calm 2957
Shuttle 2458
Jaedong 1621
Horang2 817
actioN 572
Soma 508
Mini 449
Soulkey 444
Rush 391
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 347
Stork 345
ZerO 262
BeSt 244
Larva 230
Snow 187
Mong 131
firebathero 124
hero 115
Zeus 96
Mind 84
910 71
Free 64
Hyun 47
Yoon 44
sorry 43
Shine 42
Sharp 42
Shinee 36
PianO 33
Pusan 32
JYJ 30
ToSsGirL 29
Aegong 25
Sexy 25
Bale 23
HiyA 22
Terrorterran 20
Hm[arnc] 15
scan(afreeca) 13
Rock 12
Killer 12
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
Gorgc5476
Dendi1284
Counter-Strike
fl0m2242
Fnx 589
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King169
ChuDatz18
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko371
Other Games
singsing2229
hiko702
crisheroes508
B2W.Neo306
DeMusliM188
Khaldor188
Livibee183
Pyrionflax174
Liquid`VortiX147
Liquid`RaSZi111
dupreeh72
Trikslyr69
QueenE59
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1400
Other Games
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH231
• mYiSmile15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2112
• Jankos1586
• TFBlade593
• Noizen108
Other Games
• Shiphtur694
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 43m
The PondCast
19h 43m
INu's Battles
20h 43m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.