• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:21
CEST 09:21
KST 16:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8453 users

2013 - What are you reading? - Page 25

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 58 Next
Dr. Steve Brule
Profile Joined January 2012
Wales152 Posts
March 14 2012 04:39 GMT
#481
Thanks for suggestions, but gotta finish Crank first, I feel like I need to come back to it or the adrenaline will go away.
fam
Balgrog
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1221 Posts
March 14 2012 06:24 GMT
#482
I wish I had time to read more. 16 credits of school, working out, starcraft, keeps me pretty damn busy.
The only way to attack structure is with chaos.
Dr. Steve Brule
Profile Joined January 2012
Wales152 Posts
March 14 2012 06:26 GMT
#483
On March 14 2012 15:24 Balgrog wrote:
I wish I had time to read more. 16 credits of school, working out, starcraft, keeps me pretty damn busy.

Audio books are a viable option.
fam
Pinkie
Profile Joined May 2010
United States145 Posts
March 14 2012 06:27 GMT
#484
Prepping for US Academic Decathlon right now so the required novel this year is
Doctor Zhivago
[image loading]

I'm kind of intimidated by it because I read a synopsis on Wikipedia and afterwards I could only remember that there was a guy as the main character... seems extremely complex as far as plot goes. Anyone know how the movie relates?

Additionally the overall topic is Space Exploration/Russia so I'm trying to collect good books on Astronautics, Russian history,Russian Russian art,Russian music,the Space Race, and the Cold War, anything Russian I can think of that could fit in.

Anyone have any suggestions?
The Difference between Stupidity and Genius, is that genius has its limits
Deleted User 238668
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
344 Posts
March 14 2012 07:18 GMT
#485
For English class:

[image loading]

Have only just begun really.
Clip, clop, Camelot.
Perryboyce
Profile Joined March 2012
United States8 Posts
March 14 2012 07:35 GMT
#486
Currently reading the Baldur's Gate books.

Pretty cool, makes me want to play the games.
Things are what they are
Saurabhinator
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Australia347 Posts
March 14 2012 07:47 GMT
#487
Currently half way through Anna Karenina by Lev Tolstoy.
I'm reading the version translated by Margaret Wettlin and it features illustrations by Orest Vereisky.

I'm liking it so far.
#1 Rarity Fanboi. CA:http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?224569-Saura-Sketchbook/page7
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
March 14 2012 10:21 GMT
#488
On March 14 2012 15:27 Pinkie wrote:
Prepping for US Academic Decathlon right now so the required novel this year is
Doctor Zhivago
[image loading]

I'm kind of intimidated by it because I read a synopsis on Wikipedia and afterwards I could only remember that there was a guy as the main character... seems extremely complex as far as plot goes. Anyone know how the movie relates?

Additionally the overall topic is Space Exploration/Russia so I'm trying to collect good books on Astronautics, Russian history,Russian Russian art,Russian music,the Space Race, and the Cold War, anything Russian I can think of that could fit in.

Anyone have any suggestions?


Well Zhivago is an amazing book. Probably my favourite Russian novel though I am yet to try Tolstoy (it's in my shelf waiting). The book itself has a complex plot but is a fairly easy read and has some wonderful imagery. It's worth reading, decathlon or no decathlon.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Doublemint
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria8760 Posts
March 14 2012 10:34 GMT
#489
Currently I am reading Huxley´s Brave New World. Such an insanely well written book, great vocabulary and plot, really like the "Cameos" of important historic figures as well. I got the feeling that after reading like 30 pages I learned more new vocabulary than in like 1 year of grammar school ^_^.
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before the fall.
Balgrog
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1221 Posts
March 15 2012 02:37 GMT
#490
On March 14 2012 15:26 ExcisionExecute wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 15:24 Balgrog wrote:
I wish I had time to read more. 16 credits of school, working out, starcraft, keeps me pretty damn busy.

Audio books are a viable option.


I actually had audible for a few months and that was a god send for bus rides and riding to the gym and working out, but then my fund got less so I had to cut that out
The only way to attack structure is with chaos.
Tewks44
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2032 Posts
March 15 2012 02:40 GMT
#491
I started reading the Song of Ice and Fire books in January. Now I'm up to

[image loading]
"that is our ethos; free content, starcraft content, websites that work occasionally" -Sean "Day[9]" Plott
GloryOfAiur
Profile Joined October 2011
United States127 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-15 02:41:50
March 15 2012 02:41 GMT
#492
[image loading]

High school literature >.>
(not bad though)
After graduating from Emory University, top student and athlete Christopher McCandless abandons his possessions, gives his entire $24,000 savings account to charity and hitchhikes to Alaska to live in the wilderness. Along the way, Christopher encounters a series of characters that shape his life.
Bigtony
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1606 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-15 02:48:26
March 15 2012 02:48 GMT
#493
Xenocide
Push 2 Harder
MaV_gGSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1345 Posts
March 15 2012 02:54 GMT
#494
On January 12 2012 04:37 Ettick wrote:
[image loading]
I don't read very often, so I'll still be reading this on and off for a while lol


Same. Amazing book!

How far are you into it?
Life's good :D
silverbean
Profile Joined June 2011
United States12 Posts
March 15 2012 02:57 GMT
#495
Currently, reading Gisli's Saga, As I Lay Dying - Faulkner, The Dead School by Patrick McCabe, Short Stories by Fitzgerald, and i'm starting finnegans wake this summer, by Mr. Joyce
Kenshin_915
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada139 Posts
March 15 2012 03:10 GMT
#496
Going to be finising up Surface Detail today or tomorrow. I'm sad that this will be my last new epic adventure in the Culture series for now . I will be re reading them all a few times (Starting with Use of Weapons, goddamn the chronology confused me, it was the first Culture book I read), but until then, can anyone recommend some other epic Space Opera series?
DejaVoo
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand20 Posts
March 15 2012 03:14 GMT
#497
[image loading]

All 6 issues just arrived today ^_^
Going to be a good weekend~~
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 01:33:34
March 18 2012 01:32 GMT
#498
May I ask where you got a copy of Dr. Zhivago?

Also:

[image loading]
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
SuperEight
Profile Joined December 2011
United States333 Posts
March 18 2012 09:39 GMT
#499
Bought it on a whim!

[image loading]
To rest is to rust; to be active is to achieve.
NKB
Profile Joined February 2012
United Kingdom608 Posts
March 18 2012 09:43 GMT
#500
Currently reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, a very interesting book
Some times you just gotta wish...
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4912
Leta 1755
Shuttle 1721
BeSt 416
Soma 153
Soulkey 115
sorry 51
ZergMaN 44
Shine 31
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm189
League of Legends
JimRising 600
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King55
Other Games
summit1g7521
WinterStarcraft742
Sick230
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV223
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2305
League of Legends
• Rush1238
• Lourlo1198
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 39m
Patches Events
7h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 39m
OSC
15h 39m
OSC
1d 4h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.