• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:17
CEST 09:17
KST 16:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)29Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8921 users

Will you buy SC2 or pretend you won't but then buy it anyw…

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 17 Next All
c.Deadly
Profile Joined March 2010
United States545 Posts
June 08 2010 17:53 GMT
#201
This kind of decision is probably hardest for us as longtime Starcraft and Blizzard fans, and I think it's helpful to think of things with that mindset. I've definitely enjoyed Starcraft 2, and I'll be buying "Wings of Liberty", but I'll have plenty of time to determine whether or not I want to shell out money for the expansions.

If I'm still disappointed in Bnet 2.0 by the time the first expansion pack is out, I won't buy the expansion. I wouldn't expect any of the casual players who haven't followed the game for 3 years of delays, or who didn't even play SC1 to buy it either. The difference between 10 years ago and now (or even 5 years ago) is that there are many more companies releasing quality games. Blizzard can no longer dominate the market with brand name or franchise name alone - they have to actually deliver an exceptional game.
starcraft911
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Korea (South)1263 Posts
June 08 2010 17:53 GMT
#202
I can get past the fact that the game is miles easier than sc1, but no cross realm is pretty retarded. I went from being an A player in SC1 who would get smashed by pro's, to thinking that I could actualy stand a chance against pros (korean pros not foreigners) in sc2. Overall I think that is bad for the competative scene, but oh well, nothing we can do about that.

add in cross realm please otherwise the asia server is going to be overcrowded due to everyone wanting to play against the best competition.
AaronEB
Profile Joined May 2010
United States76 Posts
June 08 2010 17:54 GMT
#203
I don't have many people to play online with. So I preffer the matchmaking system. But it would be better to have chat rooms, and adding friends normally.
I'm pretty sure that if you a drink for everything Day[9] says bejewjaler and baller you will get alcohol poisoning.
HOLYCOWBATMAN
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada51 Posts
June 08 2010 17:54 GMT
#204
On June 09 2010 02:48 Powda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 19:38 jtgizmo wrote:
this thread is slightly silly, 90% of those who go - im not going to buy, will end up buying the game anyway. so whole poll for this topic is mute.



Not true, many will download pirated versions in spite of blizzard.


lol........... you realize that the pirated version wont be able to play online right? so i dont see why they would be on this website if they wanted single player only.
DURRRRRRRRRRRRR
MasterFischer
Profile Joined August 2009
Denmark836 Posts
June 08 2010 17:54 GMT
#205
Yeah Boycott the game we been waiting for the past 12 years, and has the potential to be the greatest game in the fucking universe. These posers are just as dumb as the act of even thinking of a boycutt. Which in itself is a gay word.

They will fix the problems with battle.net and they will continue to make SC2 great in the future.

But hey, go ahead and boycutt it, chances are high that we won't miss you scrubs.
WHO is this who speaks to me as though I needed his advice?
In)Spire
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States1323 Posts
June 08 2010 17:55 GMT
#206
Are they really making 3 separate versions for each race?
KULA_u
Profile Joined March 2010
Switzerland107 Posts
June 08 2010 17:57 GMT
#207
I will boycot (=pirate) until they integrate at least some of the wished for bnet functionalities.
Fumble
Profile Joined May 2010
156 Posts
June 08 2010 17:58 GMT
#208
If you are posting on TL forums, your probably the type of person that's gonna buy SC2 regardless of how bad bnet 2.0 is. Im not gonna lie, I hate the dreadful interface and I could make a list of complaints on every aspect of bnet 2.0 and blizzard's greedy ways. However, Im still gonna get it because Im a gamer and SC2 will still be better than majority of other games i've spent money on.

Now that doesnt mean theres no hope to send the message across to blizzard. I have friends that are not too into games but they still might buy the occasional big name games. These type of people will judge whether to buy SC2 or not based solely on the assessment of it by their gamer friends. Would i recommend SC2 to my friends that arent automatically gonna buy a blizzard product? Maybe, if their into RTS games. However probably not because a game with such a hardcore learning curve will need everything to be in sync to make it an enjoyable experience for a casual player. Dumb things such as no chat room and unbearable UMS map selection would make it a hard game to suggest to casual players,
Banelord
Profile Joined June 2010
Denmark4 Posts
June 08 2010 17:58 GMT
#209
Won't buy it. Never.
AaronEB
Profile Joined May 2010
United States76 Posts
June 08 2010 18:00 GMT
#210
Looks pretty cool. The expo is close but still open and I imagine tanks must be a blast on this map.
I'm pretty sure that if you a drink for everything Day[9] says bejewjaler and baller you will get alcohol poisoning.
KillerPlague
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1386 Posts
June 08 2010 18:01 GMT
#211
buyyy! i've only played lan maybe twice in my life for sc1. the only time i used cross realm was to go to the east server and now they are merged. channels will be missed, and most my friends on my sc2 flist were found in the sc1 channels, but i'll live. the single player will be ridiculously awesome and the multi player is intense! this is a must buy game.
Side 1: Why no dominant players with 90% win ratio Side 2: Nerf Side 1
USn
Profile Joined March 2010
United States376 Posts
June 08 2010 18:02 GMT
#212
I'm going to be downloading a pirated version for replays and maybe the single player.

I am not going to buy the game. No interest anymore.
bubusls
Profile Joined March 2010
Romania61 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 18:04:45
June 08 2010 18:03 GMT
#213
On June 08 2010 19:34 MorroW wrote:
i would be better player and have better games if i always had high lat on iccup rather than low lat vs foreigners and high vs koreans. so at end of the day its better with a good connection to bnet2 than lan latency imo


That's like running with weights attached to your limbs, you get better training, but if you never get to take them off, you'll never see the improvement. I'm not gonna glue my mouse to the pad now so I can get better by just making it difficult for me. Sure I'm gonna buy the game, but I would love to have that beautiful smooth game like you get when playing qxc's build order tester, or the multitasking trainer.
Could I use the term " lings " to refer to ducklings ?
MadNeSs
Profile Joined March 2007
Denmark1507 Posts
June 08 2010 18:06 GMT
#214
Since I havent even tried the game yet... I think I'll buy it.
DorF
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Sweden961 Posts
June 08 2010 18:18 GMT
#215
lol I don't like the fact that the mods really thinks the game is so good that people actually won't buy it
BW for life !
LittLeD
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden7973 Posts
June 08 2010 18:22 GMT
#216
On June 08 2010 22:50 DarKFoRcE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 19:37 killercheebo wrote:
On June 08 2010 19:34 DarKFoRcE wrote:
The gameplay is good, so i'll buy it. I have hopes that bnet 2.0 will improve in the future.


and that is how activision is misleading you. they are exploiting SC1 and blizzard's past good reputation into making fans believe that they will improve bnet 0.2, when in fact they won't. After enough units have been sold and money have been squeezed out of SC2, they will simply stop caring


Maybe thats the case, maybe not, you have no definite proof that that's how it is going to happen. Im sure that i will have lots of fun with SC2 despite the crappy bnet, so i will buy the game.


Wc3 = Proof. They completely stopped caring about Wc3 the minute SC2 was announced.
☆Grubby ☆| Tod|DeMusliM|ThorZaiN|SaSe|Moon|Mana| ☆HerO ☆
DorF
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Sweden961 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 18:24:28
June 08 2010 18:23 GMT
#217
it is pretty obvious that EVERYONE that care about starcraft will buy SC2 whatever the state of bnet 2.0 is. If you dont buy it because of bnet 2.0 it just means you dont really care about the game itself and you will not be a huge loss to the community.


True enough , I don't care about the game enough to play it as it is now , I'll w8 and see if it gets good after the xpansions.
BW for life !
Afterhours
Profile Joined March 2010
United States125 Posts
June 08 2010 18:23 GMT
#218


However, none of these are surprising or are anything new to me. I played WoW for years until latest expansions and personally experienced the way blizzard handles things and their policies toward WoW playerbase. They never listen to the community, unless it is a suggestion that can generate them more money. Of all the suggestions and proposed balance changes players posted on forums, only suggestions they accepted were things like paid name change service, paid character server transfer, in game mounts that cost $20, etc.

I


This is absolutely untrue. I dont care what you say. There have been numerous suggestions made on the forums that HAVE been implemented into the game. That is a very broad, painfully wrong, statement...
http://i.imgur.com/pHvpBxx.gif
DefMatrixUltra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada1992 Posts
June 08 2010 18:27 GMT
#219
There are a lot of crazy arguments and extreme positions here.

I think Starcraft 2 (the game itself) is fantastic and shows how much hard work and care was put into the development. But I also think that Battlenet 2.0 (the platform) is a train wreck. So many little concerning things (my email is available to people that I play against..., no possibility of LAN play, no playing with Euro/Asian friends [I'm in Canada], Facebook integration) add up to one big concern.

In order to protest this, I'm going to buy the game a month or so after it comes out. I love SC2 (the game) but I feel like Bnet 2 (the platform) is a step backward and a slap in the face. I'm one of those guys that was like Day[9] for the longest time in that I trusted Blizzard would make the right calls when it mattered. But Battlenet 2.0 (the experience) has put me off a lot.

I can easily wait a month (or longer) to see whether some of these things get sorted out. I have a very busy life (wife, dog, job) and don't feel the need to play 400 games per week from day 1 to be satisfied with my level of play. I derive lots of entertainment just by watching commentary and thinking deeply about the game.

-------

I think people canceling their pre-orders have already made a difference (visual impact and dollar signs disappearing). There's no need to attack people who feel they should protest the game in some way. If you want to buy the game, buy the game. But if you feel like Blizzard is taking the wrong direction with Bnet 2.0, then there are many ways to express yourself. You don't have to swear off SC2 for ever. That will serve no purpose. You can just delay buying the game by a week or whatever. If you wanna get the game the first day it comes out, just express yourself intelligently on forums.
ilbh
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil1606 Posts
June 08 2010 18:29 GMT
#220
lol @ the title.

come on... I really don't believe someone who liked sc2 will not buy this game...

I will vote 5 stars for SC2 every where. not only because I really liked the game, but I want the more hype possible for it, so we can have a lot of tournaments and stuff
Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is competently programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
910 87
Bale 36
Aegong 31
ZergMaN 19
yabsab 11
Noble 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm176
Fuzer 82
League of Legends
JimRising 554
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King258
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1679
Other Games
summit1g8855
ceh9395
olofmeister346
Happy259
Sick162
ArmadaUGS132
Livibee98
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick562
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream274
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 15
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2304
League of Legends
• Rush1320
• Lourlo1119
• Stunt476
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
2h 43m
OSC
5h 43m
Stellar Fest
5h 43m
OSC
16h 43m
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.