• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:05
CEST 00:05
KST 07:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7791 users

Why are all livestreamers such big whiners?

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
BanZu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3329 Posts
February 10 2010 06:47 GMT
#1
It seems that every single person that live streams feels that they're the victim. No one can go by saying something about the stream without the streamer flipping out, pulling the most unreasonable hissy fit, and then banning everyone who says anything remotely "hurtful".

I mean SERIOUSLY?

Livestreamers are either the most uptight, self-righteous bastards or the whimpiest, most self-conscious individuals I have ever come into contact with.

I won't point out names *coughkonadoracough* but one livestreamer decided that they'd had enough of the viewers and decided to post a whiny blog talking about how their feelings were hurt and all that other pussy stuff.

And just now another streamer *coughrofflescough* decided to rage quit from streaming Oz vs CJ because ONE or TWO people said something about the stream lagging. He procedes to close chat and whine about how tough it is to stream. Shit dude, we're not criticizing you. Apparently all anyone has to do is say one itty-bitty thing for you to QQ yourself to sleep.

And I have to say, Roffles seems like a nice guy and livestreaming all this shit for us is great, but acting up over something so small is pretty ridiculous.

On another occasion, I said "dang OGN is lagging a lot today" and konadora decided to perm ban me. For what? I don't even know. I guess his feelings were hurt somehow indirectly. That's how big his feelings are. Careful guys, don't touch it.

Also, being an admin on livestream makes you the biggest dick ever.

Direct correlation.
Sun Tzu once said, "Defiler becomes useless at the presences of a vessel."
Husky
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3362 Posts
February 10 2010 06:50 GMT
#2
If I can figure out how to get a direct MBC stream I can stream more often (Right now I only have OGN)
Commentaries: youtube.com/HuskyStarcraft
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
February 10 2010 06:51 GMT
#3
9 out of every 10 viewers making comments on livestream typically bash the quality of said stream. How about this, livestream goes away, no one livestreams then you have to be dependent on people properly live reporting a thread like we used to, you know, the days where very few people could find streams?

Stop making a blog to bitch when you have no idea how much shit live streamers put up with, accept the service for what it is, someone trying to give back to the community by giving you something they love, rather than being total douchbags about it.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Rufio
Profile Joined December 2009
241 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-10 06:54:09
February 10 2010 06:52 GMT
#4
I agree. Sometimes they even torture viewers with k-pop. I put it on mute most times now and also avoid the chat screen.
"Rufio Rufio Ru Fi OOOooo" - The Lost Boys
520
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2822 Posts
February 10 2010 06:54 GMT
#5
On February 10 2010 15:47 BanZu wrote:
It seems that every single person that live streams feels that they're the victim. No one can go by saying something about the stream without the streamer flipping out, pulling the most unreasonable hissy fit, and then banning everyone who says anything remotely "hurtful".

I mean SERIOUSLY?

Livestreamers are either the most uptight, self-righteous bastards or the whimpiest, most self-conscious individuals I have ever come into contact with.

I won't point out names *coughkonadoracough* but one livestreamer decided that they'd had enough of the viewers and decided to post a whiny blog talking about how their feelings were hurt and all that other pussy stuff.

And just now another streamer *coughrofflescough* decided to rage quit from streaming Oz vs CJ because ONE or TWO people said something about the stream lagging. He procedes to close chat and whine about how tough it is to stream. Shit dude, we're not criticizing you. Apparently all anyone has to do is say one itty-bitty thing for you to QQ yourself to sleep.

And I have to say, Roffles seems like a nice guy and livestreaming all this shit for us is great, but acting up over something so small is pretty ridiculous.

On another occasion, I said "dang OGN is lagging a lot today" and konadora decided to perm ban me. For what? I don't even know. I guess his feelings were hurt somehow indirectly. That's how big his feelings are. Careful guys, don't touch it.

Also, being an admin on livestream makes you the biggest dick ever.

Direct correlation.

You're blind if you think it's "one" or "two" people say things about the stream.

Every single time it buffers, the stream chat is FLOODED with people complaining about lag. Don't even get me started on the copious amounts of "power outage" jokes there were.
Writer
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
February 10 2010 06:55 GMT
#6
On February 10 2010 15:52 Rufio wrote:
I agree. Sometimes they even torture viewers with k-pop. I put it on mute most times now and also avoid the chat screen.


don't use the service then. Accept what you are given, or make it better, dont complain about it.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33705 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-10 06:56:07
February 10 2010 06:55 GMT
#7
I don't understand why anyone would use livestream with the chat on, whether you're a viewer or the streamer.
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
February 10 2010 06:56 GMT
#8
Oh sorry I'm such a big whiner bro, I'll fix that asap.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
lazz
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia3119 Posts
February 10 2010 06:56 GMT
#9
it really doesn't take much effort to just ignore all the retards in chat.
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-10 06:57:51
February 10 2010 06:56 GMT
#10
On February 10 2010 15:47 BanZu wrote:
Livestreamers are either the most uptight, self-righteous bastards or the whimpiest, most self-conscious individuals I have ever come into contact with.

Apparently all anyone has to do is say one itty-bitty thing for you to QQ yourself to sleep.

And I have to say, Roffles seems like a nice guy and livestreaming all this shit for us is great, but acting up over something so small is pretty ridiculous.

Also, being an admin on livestream makes you the biggest dick ever.

Direct correlation.


you are a child.

are you seriously complaining about someone who provides a free service to you at a ridiculous hour for no reward whatsoever and puts up with thousands (not one or two) bitching internet trolls a week?

i can't believe someone as juvenile as you is allowed to legally vote.

appreciate what you have, and stop being such a brat in chat.

EDIT: i'm surprised at how many people are agreeing with the OP. you are all pathetic single children. this is unbelievable, I thought TL had more respectable people on it.
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
BanZu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3329 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-10 06:57:19
February 10 2010 06:57 GMT
#11
On February 10 2010 15:51 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
9 out of every 10 viewers making comments on livestream typically bash the quality of said stream. How about this, livestream goes away, no one livestreams then you have to be dependent on people properly live reporting a thread like we used to, you know, the days where very few people could find streams?

Stop making a blog to bitch when you have no idea how much shit live streamers put up with, accept the service for what it is, someone trying to give back to the community by giving you something they love, rather than being total douchbags about it.

Lol I'm not bitching. I just thought I'd bring it up. I'm not even one of the ones who act like douchebags who complain and spam and talk shit about people. -_-

Calm yourself, I'm embarrassed for you.
Sun Tzu once said, "Defiler becomes useless at the presences of a vessel."
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
February 10 2010 06:57 GMT
#12
I like what the streamers do, but i feel where you are coming from :\ .
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
February 10 2010 06:57 GMT
#13
On February 10 2010 15:55 Waxangel wrote:
I don't understand why anyone would use livestream with the chat on, whether you're a viewer or the streamer.

Amen to that, everytime I view it now it's chatless, when livestream first came onto TL I use to leave it but the people and their comments almost drove me insane.
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
BanZu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3329 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-10 07:00:14
February 10 2010 06:58 GMT
#14
On February 10 2010 15:56 Grobyc wrote:
Oh sorry I'm such a big whiner bro, I'll fix that asap.

You stream?

On February 10 2010 15:56 lazz wrote:
it really doesn't take much effort to just ignore all the retards in chat.

Exactly what I'm thinking!




For all those who think I'm complaining when streaming is a free service, I'm not. I IMMENSELY enjoy the streaming and I try my best not give flak to livestreamers.

But when they start acting like douches that NO ONE SHOULD EVER ACT LIKE, that is a COMPLETELY different matter.

I don't give a shit if you're my friend. If you act like a faggot, I will put you in your place for acting that way. Mostly depending on the situation but what I mentioned is what I would say crosses the line.
Sun Tzu once said, "Defiler becomes useless at the presences of a vessel."
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-10 07:01:14
February 10 2010 06:58 GMT
#15
It's not just one or two. The streams are filled with fucking idiots, it's like reading youtube comments. If one person complains and the mod tolerates it, there will be at least a hundred people jumping on the bandwagon, and then it'd be too hard to stop. It's much better to establish a rule beforehand and regulate the channel with an iron fist than let the channel be flooded with moronic comments.

I mean, there is really no point in saying "lag" because, everyone, especially the streamer, is aware of the problem, and it's clearly out of their control (in most cases).

I hate stream chat, it hurts my brains. I am so glad it's disabled.

e:

added emphasis
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-10 07:02:13
February 10 2010 06:58 GMT
#16
Why are all people watching livestreams such whiners?

I won't point out names *coughBANzucough*, but for some reason everyone who watches and chats in livestreams seems to think they're entitled to quality eSports coverage from across the globe. Apparently all the stream has to do is have a little bit of lag for you to annoy everyone else.

Then they make bad blogs.
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
February 10 2010 06:59 GMT
#17
On February 10 2010 15:58 BanZu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2010 15:56 Grobyc wrote:
Oh sorry I'm such a big whiner bro, I'll fix that asap.

You stream?


Yes, he does, quite a bit too
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
bEsT[Alive]
Profile Joined July 2009
606 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-10 07:03:02
February 10 2010 06:59 GMT
#18
On February 10 2010 15:51 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
9 out of every 10 viewers making comments on livestream typically bash the quality of said stream. How about this, livestream goes away, no one livestreams then you have to be dependent on people properly live reporting a thread like we used to, you know, the days where very few people could find streams?

Stop making a blog to bitch when you have no idea how much shit live streamers put up with, accept the service for what it is, someone trying to give back to the community by giving you something they love, rather than being total douchbags about it.


What BC said.

Seriously many of you take these guys for granted. You don't have to point out the obvious. If it lags; it lags. There is nothing you can do to change it.

P.S. I would say the viewers whine and bitch just as much as the streamers you mentioned.

Deal with it.
If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun - Katharine Hepburn
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
February 10 2010 06:59 GMT
#19
Actually no, I'm not even going to stick with that sarcastic remark.
On February 10 2010 15:52 Rufio wrote:
I agree. Sometimes they even torture viewers with k-pop. I put it on mute most times now and also avoid the chat screen.

They stream at their own will your know. They are allowed to play music they like to listen to, and no one forces you to tune in. IN FACT, some other generous people have even provided guides for you to get direct stream sources so you have the option of

a) shutting the fuck up, and taking what free services there are to offer.

or

b) doing the god damn work yourself to get a stream that pleases you.

take your fucking pick. if you get banned then you are left with option b, which you would have had in the first god damn place if there was no streaming anyway, so you're not any better by bitching about shit like this in a blog than the person who you ragged on about doing the same shit.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
rinoh
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States335 Posts
February 10 2010 07:01 GMT
#20
Seriously people? They are doing you a free service, they don't have to be nice or put up with your shit. They can play whatever music they want, stop complaining. Go find another stream then if you don't like the admins.
베르사유의 장미
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O141
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason149
BRAT_OK 55
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 948
ZZZero.O 141
Bale 21
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm33
League of Legends
Doublelift4669
JimRising 606
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6077
Other Games
summit1g9955
FrodaN3049
KnowMe216
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1298
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1140
• Shiphtur204
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
55m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 55m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
12h 55m
Monday Night Weeklies
17h 55m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 12h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.