What is this?
Welcome to the D Ranks Team League Season 5!
This is a for fun team league for players in the D ranks. The aim is to provide a team for new/lower level players to practice with. Hopefully, this will achieve two things: Interest more people in Brood War, and help you get better at it. While having fun!
The league starts on August 17 2013 @ 17:00 GMT (+00:00) and takes place every Saturday following that. It will have a regular season of 10 weeks with the top 4 teams advancing to the playoffs.
The tournament will be held in channel op DRTL on the iCCup server.
How to watch:
L_Master will be casting sometimes, other casters that are interested please indicate your interest and I can add you to the list
Teams will play one bo5 with an ace match. Team captains will have until the Thursday before the match to form their lineups and relay them to an admin. The selected players will play a bo1 to decide the outcome for that map. First to team to win three maps wins the match.
If you have an issue during match time please contact sGs.LMaster on iCCup to resolve it.
- No excessive BMing. Manner CCs, Hatcheries and Nexii, as well as pylon hearts, nukes and infested terrans however, are encouraged.
- Winning team sends replays to email@example.com following the matches. All 5 replays must be put into one zip/compressed file for download
- Winning team's captain must PM me the result of their match.
- Standard ICCUP rules apply.
- No excessive chatting, e.g. do not be distracting during the middle of the game.
- If players are race pickers they must announce their races within 12 hours of the lineups getting posted.
- Players need to identify which team they are playing with in their profile during match time.
- Players must play using the ID they used to sign up.
- Games must be played on the maps listed in the schedule.
- Games may be postponed between players IF the postponement is scheduled at least 12 hours ahead of the match time and both captain were notified.
- Maps must come from the latest ICCUP mappack.
- If a player disconnects in the first three minutes then a regame will be granted. If the same player disconnects again they will be d/q. Any disconnect after three minutes will be reviewed by sGs.LMaster unless one of the players willingly forfeits.
- Race picking will be allowed, but if you pick to play a certain race on a given day, you must continue playing that race throughout the whole day. You will only be allowed to change your race for the next week. For the purposes of this league, random will not be allowed.
Player Ranks - None Yet
+ Show Spoiler [TAKK] +
+ Show Spoiler [TAKK] +
Wind and Cloud
Neo Ground Zero
Who can play:
This league is only for D-/D/D+ rank players who are willing to participate consistently. This means MAX RANK. On ANY account. You cannot signup with a D account if you have been yellow or higher on another.
You may ask to to play if you don't fit the criteria and we will review the case. IF you attempt to sign-up without notifying me of having achieved a higher rank on the listed account of any other account YOU WILL NOT PLAY. There are no exceptions to this. Don't fuck up here or you will just get banned
The exception is players who played in DRTL S4. All players from those are exempt for having to inform me of their situation as I already am aware.
How to Sign up:
Since this is the fourth season, previous season teams will be allowed to re-enter the competition. If you didn't participate in the previous seasons, but want to form a team with your friends and enter it, it will also be allowed. If you want to sign up as a team, PM me on the forums.
If you want to sign up as a free agent reply to this thread with the following info:
If you are a higher rank player, but think you'll have the time to help out, you can sign up as a coach.
Do you want to cast?
If you want to cast the league, PM me or skype me (luciditymasters)
Link to the first season of the league.
Link to the second season of the league.
Link to the third season of the league.