• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:46
CEST 19:46
KST 02:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11168 users

[SRW] TheShimmy's Rush Week- College Ind. Tourney - Page 9

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 13 Next All
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 21:06:40
August 07 2012 20:51 GMT
#161
On August 08 2012 05:42 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2012 05:38 Game wrote:
On August 08 2012 03:27 BWalma wrote:
Jesus christ its been a lot of casting, I'm all the way through Group F, finished with Game Vs. Elegant today I'll quickly throw them into a playlist if you want to link in the OP or something by each group peace guys.

Can you link me to me vs EleGant cast?

Click his channel link, then click videos, it's close to the top...

Edit: Don't see a channel link.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
August 07 2012 21:43 GMT
#162
On August 08 2012 05:51 Game wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2012 05:42 Jealous wrote:
On August 08 2012 05:38 Game wrote:
On August 08 2012 03:27 BWalma wrote:
Jesus christ its been a lot of casting, I'm all the way through Group F, finished with Game Vs. Elegant today I'll quickly throw them into a playlist if you want to link in the OP or something by each group peace guys.

Can you link me to me vs EleGant cast?

Click his channel link, then click videos, it's close to the top...

Edit: Don't see a channel link.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-nkYQimeAqQ
Master Chief
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
August 07 2012 22:38 GMT
#163
PS I didn't race change, as I know that's a strong rule in this tournament. I discussed with EleGant that I'd play random for the set, having picked random the first game.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
TheShimmy
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1808 Posts
August 07 2012 23:05 GMT
#164
On August 08 2012 07:38 Game wrote:
PS I didn't race change, as I know that's a strong rule in this tournament. I discussed with EleGant that I'd play random for the set, having picked random the first game.


The rule is, you must play the race you played in the first set for the entire series.
Hyvaa #1 Fan. Gogo STX, Dear, Bogus, Classic, and Mini! Always a BW fan!
Essbee
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada2371 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-08 00:32:47
August 08 2012 00:31 GMT
#165
On August 08 2012 05:32 Jealous wrote:
~BWAlma Yo just going to say that you guys sound mad hateful about casting D ranks games, in my second game vs XKCD you were straight negative. Fitz, I've seen you on ICCup, what gives you the right to speak about D ranks players like this? "BaBo has no idea what he's doing"? "XKCD Has better endgame awareness" you say this based off of 3 non-standard games? Lol. Lets have a grudgematch, and the winner gets to cast the games - I would love to let people laugh at you same way you laughed at me.

You and the other person saying "It looks like XKCD is finally playing with a brain" like seriously what the fuck??

EDIT: Making assumptions like "BaBo American fan of the famous player" 1. Babo is a Korean word, iambabo has trademark on an entire word? Every person that uses the word is his fan? No. I did not know who he is when I made name. I'm not offended by this just saying that assumption is not good. 2. I am not American. 3. People get Fleet Beacon for Dweb when they are going sair, not going to go Carrier rofl and YOU talk shit about me? Fuck hahaha.


Lol yeah that's kind of true. In fact, I thought his co-caster was absolutely clueless. The main guy was ok imo, a bit hateful but knowledgable. It was straight said sometimes but if it makes sense and help us improve, I don't mind. But when you just talk shit when you have no knowledge (co-caster), it just make no sense and doesn't help us improve at all.

I want to point out too: Science Vessels can detect burrowed units, just saying. No need to scan in that case.

Edit: Talking about DRTL casts here.
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
August 08 2012 01:16 GMT
#166
On August 08 2012 09:31 Essbee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2012 05:32 Jealous wrote:
~BWAlma Yo just going to say that you guys sound mad hateful about casting D ranks games, in my second game vs XKCD you were straight negative. Fitz, I've seen you on ICCup, what gives you the right to speak about D ranks players like this? "BaBo has no idea what he's doing"? "XKCD Has better endgame awareness" you say this based off of 3 non-standard games? Lol. Lets have a grudgematch, and the winner gets to cast the games - I would love to let people laugh at you same way you laughed at me.

You and the other person saying "It looks like XKCD is finally playing with a brain" like seriously what the fuck??

EDIT: Making assumptions like "BaBo American fan of the famous player" 1. Babo is a Korean word, iambabo has trademark on an entire word? Every person that uses the word is his fan? No. I did not know who he is when I made name. I'm not offended by this just saying that assumption is not good. 2. I am not American. 3. People get Fleet Beacon for Dweb when they are going sair, not going to go Carrier rofl and YOU talk shit about me? Fuck hahaha.


Lol yeah that's kind of true. In fact, I thought his co-caster was absolutely clueless. The main guy was ok imo, a bit hateful but knowledgable. It was straight said sometimes but if it makes sense and help us improve, I don't mind. But when you just talk shit when you have no knowledge (co-caster), it just make no sense and doesn't help us improve at all.

I want to point out too: Science Vessels can detect burrowed units, just saying. No need to scan in that case.

Edit: Talking about DRTL casts here.


I don't want TheShimmy's thread to be a flame zone for my casting. I've PMed the person who wrote the piece you quoted. I have put it under my top advisement to stop downing players. I will apologize to anyone and everyone who has felt that way. I had no intention of downing any of the players I guess we were cracking too many jokes and laughing a bit too much. I can only apologize I cannot change peoples opinions of my casting. But I will be MUCH less "hateful" to players while I'm casting from now on.

BMW the co-caster, He is new to casting. I think it might be awhile before he fully grasps the game. If you reference like my old old old old VODs on this channel. I had no idea what the heck is going on here. So, it might take BMW a while to be fully adept.

I will no longer even attempt to trash. I'll add feedback but I won't be hyper critical anymore sorry for those who have suffered though my casting and I hope that number is a very few number. :/
Master Chief
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
August 08 2012 01:26 GMT
#167
BMW sounds e-x-a-c-t-l-y like Tommy Chong from "Cheech and Chong". "Well... ya know, man, *random observation*" - BMW at least 20x per game. It's hilarious because it's not on purpose.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
August 08 2012 02:13 GMT
#168
On August 08 2012 10:26 Game wrote:
BMW sounds e-x-a-c-t-l-y like Tommy Chong from "Cheech and Chong". "Well... ya know, man, *random observation*" - BMW at least 20x per game. It's hilarious because it's not on purpose.


^_^ well at least its funny nonetheless
Master Chief
TheShimmy
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1808 Posts
August 08 2012 02:18 GMT
#169
Blitz's cast was a little inflammatory but theyve been very apologetic so lets let it rest i myself am guilty of the same things while casting, and I certainly am no great player. Thanks to all for an awesome Ro32. OP updates coming tomorrow!
Hyvaa #1 Fan. Gogo STX, Dear, Bogus, Classic, and Mini! Always a BW fan!
KivA
Profile Joined February 2012
United States38 Posts
August 08 2012 03:05 GMT
#170
Something is going on here and it is really fun to watch.
Also Babo you don't really have to be raging about their casting. You can just ignore them or play better so they don't talk about "shits" that you were mentioning.
It is not really big deal man.... calm down.
iFU.BMW
Profile Joined May 2009
United States144 Posts
August 08 2012 04:55 GMT
#171
+1n KivA

btw I apologize to TheShimmy if I embarrassed him in anyway. I apologize about calling the korean a potential smurf, and BaBo a fanboy.

I will say however, that I have only casted maximum 40 games and that I think humor and bm goes hand in hand with broodwar.
iFU.BMW
Profile Joined May 2009
United States144 Posts
August 08 2012 04:56 GMT
#172
Congrats to the korean, Game, and BaBo for advancing to rd of 32, and representing your schools well.
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
August 08 2012 06:04 GMT
#173
--- Nuked ---
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
August 08 2012 08:05 GMT
#174
On August 08 2012 15:04 krndandaman wrote:
umm just wondering did anyone get their next round opponents?;;

I did, already played them.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
August 08 2012 09:16 GMT
#175
--- Nuked ---
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10388 Posts
August 08 2012 18:41 GMT
#176
On August 08 2012 18:16 krndandaman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2012 17:05 Game wrote:
On August 08 2012 15:04 krndandaman wrote:
umm just wondering did anyone get their next round opponents?;;

I did, already played them.


oh.. then well could someone PM me and tell me my opponent??

Likewise. I am very confused ATM.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
TheShimmy
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1808 Posts
August 08 2012 19:28 GMT
#177
I am currently creating a thread for VODs and then I'll be PMing everybody there opponent!
Hyvaa #1 Fan. Gogo STX, Dear, Bogus, Classic, and Mini! Always a BW fan!
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
August 08 2012 20:03 GMT
#178
Babo BWalma grudge match still gonna happen? :D
darkness overpowering
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10388 Posts
August 08 2012 20:08 GMT
#179
On August 09 2012 05:03 ghrur wrote:
Babo BWalma grudge match still gonna happen? :D

Original Message From BWalma:
And I will go out and say it, you could destroy me without a doubt... Im not a player for a reason but again if this does not clear up anything it's still your opinion.


Don't think so.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
TheShimmy
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1808 Posts
August 08 2012 20:18 GMT
#180
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359151#1

Ro32 Vods are up for Groups A-E and have been linked to the OP.

More to come as more is casted. Expect a PM within the next few hours about your Ro16 opponents.
Hyvaa #1 Fan. Gogo STX, Dear, Bogus, Classic, and Mini! Always a BW fan!
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 613
IntoTheiNu 591
SteadfastSC438
Rex89
CosmosSc2 60
EnkiAlexander 51
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 438
UpATreeSC 135
Rex 89
CosmosSc2 60
BRAT_OK 48
JuggernautJason20
MindelVK 14
Codebar 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39597
Soma 1005
Jaedong 994
Mini 662
Hyuk 534
BeSt 411
Larva 409
Rush 365
ZerO 290
Soulkey 233
[ Show more ]
Snow 167
Dewaltoss 103
hero 84
Liquid`Ret 59
Mind 44
sorry 24
Killer 24
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 23
yabsab 20
Terrorterran 15
Trap 14
Dota 2
qojqva1085
Dendi848
Counter-Strike
fl0m769
Fnx 768
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King96
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3871
crisheroes2327
Khaldor1752
Liquid`Hasu543
Other Games
ArmadaUGS1519
ceh9503
B2W.Neo458
byalli452
KnowMe129
QueenE87
Chillindude68
Trikslyr41
Railgan27
ZerO(Twitch)11
C9.Mang00
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream88
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 48
• Adnapsc2 8
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• FirePhoenix15
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4103
League of Legends
• TFBlade1220
Other Games
• imaqtpie851
• Shiphtur305
• WagamamaTV273
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 14m
OSC
19h 14m
Stellar Fest
19h 14m
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 19h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.