• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:58
CEST 18:58
KST 01:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8352 users

[SRW] TheShimmy's Rush Week- College Ind. Tourney - Page 11

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
TheShimmy
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1808 Posts
August 19 2012 20:39 GMT
#201
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL Ro16 WINNERS. VODs ARE BEING CASTED RIGHT NOW AND WILL BE ORGANIZED. IF YOU HAVENT SUBMITTED YOUR REPS YET PLEASE SEND THEM BY WEDNESDAY! ALSO ANY W.O. WINS PLEASE PM ME BY WEDNESDAY. I WILL BE NOTIFYING PLAYERS OF THEIR Ro8 OPPONENTS WEDNESDAY NIGHT!
Hyvaa #1 Fan. Gogo STX, Dear, Bogus, Classic, and Mini! Always a BW fan!
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
August 19 2012 23:09 GMT
#202
On August 17 2012 15:39 BWalma wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2012 13:23 dRaW wrote:
On August 17 2012 11:55 Shimy wrote:
Oh my, with all the tournament hub bub going around, I forgot to keep up with this! Back on track now though and pretty excited for the Ro16! GO FOLD, DSYXELIC, AND GAME!


im back with laptop for now, but no streaming until i set up my stuff maybe co-cast or something like that


Your more then welcome to join me if interested ^_^


if you can give me a schedule in advance before the cast maybe I can synchronize my time table to fit that.
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
August 19 2012 23:32 GMT
#203
LIVE NOW AT http://www.justin.tv/iccuptv_bw Will be setting up the stream for a little bit so it will be a minute before we are lvie ^_^
Master Chief
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
August 20 2012 01:28 GMT
#204
On August 20 2012 08:32 BWalma wrote:
LIVE NOW AT http://www.justin.tv/iccuptv_bw Will be setting up the stream for a little bit so it will be a minute before we are lvie ^_^

Hi, I asked in your stream chat to no avail, but are you going to be casting my set tonight? If so, at approximately what time?
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
August 20 2012 02:02 GMT
#205
--- Nuked ---
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
August 20 2012 03:42 GMT
#206
On August 20 2012 10:28 Game wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2012 08:32 BWalma wrote:
LIVE NOW AT http://www.justin.tv/iccuptv_bw Will be setting up the stream for a little bit so it will be a minute before we are lvie ^_^

Hi, I asked in your stream chat to no avail, but are you going to be casting my set tonight? If so, at approximately what time?

If I didn't answer you if you were not on chat I'd say 5AM EST ^_^ lATEST
Master Chief
tryummm
Profile Joined August 2009
774 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-20 05:16:48
August 20 2012 04:38 GMT
#207
On August 19 2012 14:07 fold wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Thanks for the W.O tryummm.

I don't know why you couldn't just say you didn't want to play.


How did you get a walk out when we are scheduled to play 30 minutes from now and we have been all week long? We agreed we couldn't play two nights ago or last night so we settled on tonight...


Here is proof to back up what I'm saying:


My PM's with Fold:


Original Message From fold:
Tomorrow we're playing okay? 19th August 2012 1:59PM KST. I'll take walk over if you're not there.

Show nested quote +
Original Message From tryummm:
Wouldn't that be past the deadline to turn in replays? Go ask and let me know if its okay if we play a day late.

Original Message From fold:
hey sorry I can't do saturday, can we change it to sunday same time instead?

Original Message From tryummm:
how about 11:59PM CST on Saturday (1:59PM KST)?

Original Message From fold:
Hello can you get back to me when you can play? This Friday I'm not available so Saturday or Sunday?

Original Message From tryummm:
I have been busy lately and haven't played like at all this week and since the replays aren't due until the 19th...so lets postpone the games by about a week. Even my availability on Friday is limited since I'm working full time and I'm preparing furniture and household goods to move into an apartment on Sunday for school. I don't really want to work 10AM-10PM on Friday then have to play a BO3.

Original Message From fold:
Okay that's fine. Thanks and see you there 1400 KST 10th August at op teamliquid. I'll be using fox.fold.

Original Message From tryummm:
My schedule is really messed up during the evenings. Could we possibly do 2PM KST (14 KST) ... which is 4 hours after the time you originally offered?

Original Message From fold:
Couldn't you use a time converter to see what time that is? I don't know what timezone you're in so...

Original Message From tryummm:
I don't know...give me a time in US time so I know what your talking about.

[quote]











Conversation with Shimmy about the extension on time:


Original Message From TheShimmy:
Yes Ive spoken with fold and he is okay with this


Show nested quote +
Original Message From tryummm:
Is it okay if me and fold submit out replays by Monday mourning August 20th. We play on playing around midnight CST on Sunday and into Monday mourning.

Original Message From TheShimmy:
Congratulations on advancing in TheShimmy's Rush Week: Collegiate BW Tourney

Your next match will be in the Ro16 (Group Finals Stage) and is a Bo3. Check the OP for the map order.



Your opponent is: Fold
Their TL ID is: fold

Please PM the results to TheShimmy and email all reps to drtltwitch@gmail.com


Its 15 minutes past our play time and I sent him a PM on TL, contacted Shimmy on TL 5-10 minutes ago (no response), even looked at fold's stream to see if any of his akas are online. Got nothing. I don't know when were going to play but it has to be in the next two days or my schedule will get messy again.
fold
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia665 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-20 05:53:40
August 20 2012 05:50 GMT
#208
10 - 15 minute ago I actually have a class. I don't get why it's so hard to just arrange one day and play on it. I give you the time and date and then you somehow can't read it. I asked "Tomorrow we're playing okay? 19th August 2012 1:59PM KST. I'll take walk over if you're not there." and you said okay. I purposely stated the date because I know my tomorrow is not the same tomorrow as yours. You never told me anything about playing on "Monday mourning August 20th".

With that said, just have the walkover, I don't want to have waste time talking to you (cuteplay) anymore seeming as you fail to understand dates.

Sorry TheShimmy.
t.t
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
August 20 2012 05:54 GMT
#209
Uploading all Ro16 VODs now as we speak will all be available within a few hours ^_^
Master Chief
tryummm
Profile Joined August 2009
774 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-20 06:08:55
August 20 2012 06:07 GMT
#210
On August 20 2012 14:50 fold wrote:
10 - 15 minute ago I actually have a class. I don't get why it's so hard to just arrange one day and play on it. I give you the time and date and then you somehow can't read it. I asked "Tomorrow we're playing okay? 19th August 2012 1:59PM KST. I'll take walk over if you're not there." and you said okay. I purposely stated the date because I know my tomorrow is not the same tomorrow as yours. You never told me anything about playing on "Monday mourning August 20th".

With that said, just have the walkover, I don't want to have waste time talking to you (cuteplay) anymore seeming as you fail to understand dates.

Sorry TheShimmy.

I told you explicitly from the beginning I would rather do everything in CST since I don't know how KST works. We can play on Monday August 20th or Tuesday August 21st between 12:00-3:00PM CST. I didn't even know the dates between the time zones were so different...


Also, you sent the PM saying we are playing 'tomorrow' on my August the 18th which would imply the match is on my August 19th.
fold
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia665 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-20 06:45:27
August 20 2012 06:40 GMT
#211
On August 20 2012 15:07 tryummm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2012 14:50 fold wrote:
10 - 15 minute ago I actually have a class. I don't get why it's so hard to just arrange one day and play on it. I give you the time and date and then you somehow can't read it. I asked "Tomorrow we're playing okay? 19th August 2012 1:59PM KST. I'll take walk over if you're not there." and you said okay. I purposely stated the date because I know my tomorrow is not the same tomorrow as yours. You never told me anything about playing on "Monday mourning August 20th".

With that said, just have the walkover, I don't want to have waste time talking to you (cuteplay) anymore seeming as you fail to understand dates.

Sorry TheShimmy.

I told you explicitly from the beginning I would rather do everything in CST since I don't know how KST works. We can play on Monday August 20th or Tuesday August 21st between 12:00-3:00PM CST. I didn't even know the dates between the time zones were so different...


Also, you sent the PM saying we are playing 'tomorrow' on my August the 18th which would imply the match is on my August 19th.

Don't care, you can take walkover.
t.t
TheShimmy
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1808 Posts
August 20 2012 07:06 GMT
#212
Guys please try to play by wednesday. If theres no reps by wednesday I'll pick sometime by flipping a coin.
Hyvaa #1 Fan. Gogo STX, Dear, Bogus, Classic, and Mini! Always a BW fan!
fold
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia665 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-20 07:47:09
August 20 2012 07:40 GMT
#213
On August 20 2012 16:06 TheShimmy wrote:
Guys please try to play by wednesday. If theres no reps by wednesday I'll pick sometime by flipping a coin.

Those times that he picked are 1am to 4am for me so there's no way I can play during then. The only reasonable time I can play is on 20:00:00 Monday August 20, 2012 in CST to 21:00:00 Monday August 20, 2012 in CST or after 03:00:00 Tuesday August 21, 2012 in CST.

But I'm fine with letting the coin decide.
t.t
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
August 20 2012 07:43 GMT
#214
On August 20 2012 16:06 TheShimmy wrote:
Guys please try to play by wednesday. If theres no reps by wednesday I'll pick sometime by flipping a coin.

Always my favorite organizational standard. Not joking.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-20 12:44:10
August 20 2012 12:42 GMT
#215
On August 20 2012 15:07 tryummm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2012 14:50 fold wrote:
10 - 15 minute ago I actually have a class. I don't get why it's so hard to just arrange one day and play on it. I give you the time and date and then you somehow can't read it. I asked "Tomorrow we're playing okay? 19th August 2012 1:59PM KST. I'll take walk over if you're not there." and you said okay. I purposely stated the date because I know my tomorrow is not the same tomorrow as yours. You never told me anything about playing on "Monday mourning August 20th".

With that said, just have the walkover, I don't want to have waste time talking to you (cuteplay) anymore seeming as you fail to understand dates.

Sorry TheShimmy.

I told you explicitly from the beginning I would rather do everything in CST since I don't know how KST works. We can play on Monday August 20th or Tuesday August 21st between 12:00-3:00PM CST. I didn't even know the dates between the time zones were so different...


Also, you sent the PM saying we are playing 'tomorrow' on my August the 18th which would imply the match is on my August 19th.


KST is a complex mechanism fueled by unicorns and puppies. In other words... from CST (central US time I assume that is) KST is 14 hours in the future. It even has it for you in the top right corner in EST which is just one hour ahead of CST. Basically, one of you has to play in the morning like 8 AM vs 10PM or 10PM vs noon, etc.

Don't see why a coin flip should decide it when one person missed the meeting time due to not telling time properly.
TheShimmy
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1808 Posts
August 20 2012 13:27 GMT
#216
The problem is both players are claiming that the other missed.
Hyvaa #1 Fan. Gogo STX, Dear, Bogus, Classic, and Mini! Always a BW fan!
fold
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia665 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-20 14:58:16
August 20 2012 14:52 GMT
#217
I have screenshots to show that he missed the timing if you want? And I explicitly state the time and date and well before the game. 8/18/12 20:32KST was when I sent my message which is around 8am for him, so he has 10+ hours when he is awake to read the PM and indeed he read the PM and replied with an "okay". I turn up at the arranged time and wait for 15 minutes, no one is there.

Next day, I come back from classes and get a PM which he sends only 15 minutes before our supposed arranged time and so how am I able to see that and play?

I think it's troublesome for me to play a game with him but if you want us to play I will.

This is the PM he sent at 8/20/12 13:44:

Original Message From tryummm:
We play in 30 minutes and we have been scheduled to play in 30 minutes all week. Stop bullshitting about how you got a walkout. If you're not there by 12:15 AM Monday Mourning August 20th CST I am taking a walk out.

Them manners.
t.t
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
August 20 2012 15:06 GMT
#218
--- Nuked ---
TheShimmy
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1808 Posts
August 20 2012 15:35 GMT
#219
On August 21 2012 00:06 krndandaman wrote:
From what I can see they arranged a time and tryummm didn't convert the time correctly to KST. tryummm, outraged that Fold didn't show up to the time he thought they scheduled, started to post here after finding out Fold claimed W.O. Fold, dumbfounded (and fed up) by his opponent's mistake and denial of that fact tells him that he's wrong. tryummm argues that he's not wrong then realizes that yes he was indeed wrong and didn't convert KST correctly and then blames the difficulty of converting KST to another timezone when it's at the top right of this page and a single google search away.

It's clear that Fold deserves the victory. Fold is too nice; if I was him I'd just go screw you you didn't come you're stupid I win. If Fold is nice enough to play anyways it should be on his time.


This kind of reflects my take on the situation. Fold, please establish a time to play within the next two days that is reasonable for Tryummm and would still be not absurdly uncomfortable to you. If he fails to show up you have been awarded a W.O.

THAT DECISION IS FINAL AND ANYBODY WHO WISHES TO FLAME ABOUT IT CAN GUARUNTEE THEMSELVES A DQ. TEST ME .

In the future please PM me and try to keep this out of the forum!
Hyvaa #1 Fan. Gogo STX, Dear, Bogus, Classic, and Mini! Always a BW fan!
fold
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia665 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-20 16:22:53
August 20 2012 16:03 GMT
#220
On August 21 2012 00:35 TheShimmy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2012 00:06 krndandaman wrote:
From what I can see they arranged a time and tryummm didn't convert the time correctly to KST. tryummm, outraged that Fold didn't show up to the time he thought they scheduled, started to post here after finding out Fold claimed W.O. Fold, dumbfounded (and fed up) by his opponent's mistake and denial of that fact tells him that he's wrong. tryummm argues that he's not wrong then realizes that yes he was indeed wrong and didn't convert KST correctly and then blames the difficulty of converting KST to another timezone when it's at the top right of this page and a single google search away.

It's clear that Fold deserves the victory. Fold is too nice; if I was him I'd just go screw you you didn't come you're stupid I win. If Fold is nice enough to play anyways it should be on his time.


This kind of reflects my take on the situation. Fold, please establish a time to play within the next two days that is reasonable for Tryummm and would still be not absurdly uncomfortable to you. If he fails to show up you have been awarded a W.O.

THAT DECISION IS FINAL AND ANYBODY WHO WISHES TO FLAME ABOUT IT CAN GUARUNTEE THEMSELVES A DQ. TEST ME .

In the future please PM me and try to keep this out of the forum!

Okay Shimmy.

This is the only time I'm available for roughly an hour in the next two days that is not past midnight for tryummm:

20:00:00 Monday August 20, 2012 in CST
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

t.t
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 633
ComeBackTV 632
SteadfastSC444
Rex104
CosmosSc2 52
EnkiAlexander 51
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 444
Rex 104
UpATreeSC 79
CosmosSc2 52
BRAT_OK 25
Codebar 12
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39611
Hyuk 1392
Jaedong 1389
Soma 601
Mini 543
BeSt 433
Horang2 375
Larva 324
Soulkey 281
Rush 279
[ Show more ]
Snow 200
ZerO 195
hero 68
Dewaltoss 59
Free 58
Liquid`Ret 57
Mind 53
Killer 36
sorry 31
Terrorterran 28
yabsab 27
Rock 22
ToSsGirL 22
Trap 20
Shine 18
Dota 2
qojqva1944
Dendi687
Counter-Strike
Fnx 777
x6flipin700
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King87
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2492
Khaldor2082
Grubby2041
Liquid`Hasu371
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2925
singsing1852
hiko793
B2W.Neo588
byalli458
ceh9320
KnowMe121
QueenE88
Trikslyr36
Railgan20
ZerO(Twitch)16
Chillindude14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream91
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 27
• Adnapsc2 5
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• Azhi_Dahaki5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3681
League of Legends
• Nemesis1662
• TFBlade796
Other Games
• Shiphtur353
• WagamamaTV236
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 2m
OSC
20h 2m
Stellar Fest
20h 2m
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 20h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.