• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:20
CEST 16:20
KST 23:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8884 users

D Ranks Teamleague - Page 31

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 38 Next All
sluggaslamoo
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Australia4494 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 06:17:49
January 20 2012 06:16 GMT
#601
On January 20 2012 13:15 LittLeLives wrote:
I think ranks are a sub-optimal way of forming teams. If a D beat a C player, I'm willing to bet money that the "D" player would really be "C" rank if they laddered more, barring the possibility of the C player performing poorly.
If anything, just run an entire amateur league concerned with its own win/loss, letting teams decide by actual relative play capability versus a letter ranking on a private ladder. Yeah, some nobody "B-teamer" might have a specially prepared build to snipe a team's ace, but if his overall record is poor, it'll reflect that's all he's capable of.

I do agree with someone running a C Rank Team League, though.


Ladder games negate a lot of strategy and metagaming skill because you have no information on the other player and its always a Bo1.

In ladder you can just do the same build order every game and you will just use winrate to move up the ranks, but tournaments won't work like that because you have to use short-term goals not a long-term goals.

These skills are the ones that allow a lower rank player to beat a higher rank player, which is why ladder is much more consistent with "skill" than in tournaments.
Come play Android Netrunner - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409008
LittLeLives
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States692 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 06:45:02
January 20 2012 06:44 GMT
#602
Aye, because they emphasize different skills I don't think it's good to just say "Well, he's D on iccup, so we should keep him at the D level (or count him on the roster as a D-rank)" while he's completely tearing through the other D's in the league. In the context of a mixed ranked league, at least.
t0ssboy
Profile Joined August 2011
Bulgaria681 Posts
January 21 2012 16:03 GMT
#603
ggnore come op drtl
Courage is doing what you are afraid to do.There can be no courage if there is no fear.
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
January 21 2012 16:44 GMT
#604
GGs team ragequit. Nice to be back in biznezz !
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
KTF_CloaK
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1338 Posts
January 21 2012 17:47 GMT
#605
I would like to withdraw myself from team 8. I'm sorry guys I just can't make it consequently.
KT Rolster for the win!! Lee-Young-Ho hwaiting!!
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
January 21 2012 18:28 GMT
#606
Apparently I can sleep through six alarms and wake up at 1 pm... fuck.

I'm so sorry team =/
t0ssboy
Profile Joined August 2011
Bulgaria681 Posts
January 21 2012 18:48 GMT
#607
no problem conversion but we must win vs team 3 so we can advance.
Courage is doing what you are afraid to do.There can be no courage if there is no fear.
Canadium
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada171 Posts
January 21 2012 19:40 GMT
#608
I would like to formally apologize to my team mates (team 2) for being absent the past few weeks.... And this week too it seems. I`ve been incredibly busy. I have every intention of playing next weekend. Please don't kick me off the team! I <3 you guys.
You better run Charles....
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
January 21 2012 23:41 GMT
#609
***I'm casting week 8's games tomorrow starting at 10:00 MST (-07:00)***
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
hewley
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1063 Posts
January 22 2012 01:15 GMT
#610
On January 22 2012 04:40 Canadium wrote:
I would like to formally apologize to my team mates (team 2) for being absent the past few weeks.... And this week too it seems. I`ve been incredibly busy. I have every intention of playing next weekend. Please don't kick me off the team! I <3 you guys.


It's alright. We are in the playoffs, so just drop by in sykpe when you have time again.
Esports bubble pop, bubble pop
sluggaslamoo
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Australia4494 Posts
January 22 2012 03:35 GMT
#611
On January 22 2012 03:28 Conversion wrote:
Apparently I can sleep through six alarms and wake up at 1 pm... fuck.

I'm so sorry team =/


Noooooo.

I have to apologise as well, I was definitely coming but I got held back

I've decided to not go out next week lol T_T
Come play Android Netrunner - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409008
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
January 22 2012 05:25 GMT
#612
This is looking weird as alot teams tied for 3rd place and the fact that The All Kill Kings just got a 2nd walkover i kinda worried if my team will be even playing next week :\
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LittLeLives
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States692 Posts
January 22 2012 05:37 GMT
#613
On January 22 2012 12:35 sluggaslamoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2012 03:28 Conversion wrote:
Apparently I can sleep through six alarms and wake up at 1 pm... fuck.

I'm so sorry team =/


Noooooo.

I have to apologise as well, I was definitely coming but I got held back

I've decided to not go out next week lol T_T

But I thought you sucked playing after a smoke.
sluggaslamoo
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Australia4494 Posts
January 22 2012 06:06 GMT
#614
Heh, I guess I would like to keep a clean sheet

On January 22 2012 14:25 LightningStrike wrote:
This is looking weird as alot teams tied for 3rd place and the fact that The All Kill Kings just got a 2nd walkover i kinda worried if my team will be even playing next week :\


We might need a playoff for the playoffs lol.
Come play Android Netrunner - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409008
Jakalo
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Latvia2350 Posts
January 22 2012 21:33 GMT
#615
Hey Cobaltblu, could you change
Jakolo<<Circuit Breaker>>rQ.Carmax, ''o'' to ''a''.
And I dont really remember whether that was Carmax that I played in that game, but he was zerg not terran, so probably not.
Nostalgia is not as good as it used to be.
Rlentless
Profile Joined January 2011
Hong Kong322 Posts
January 23 2012 21:16 GMT
#616
Sorry to D ranks teamleague, I'm leaving the league because exams/busy life.
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
January 23 2012 22:10 GMT
#617
First win, im so proud. Gonna be exciting this saturday since both us (team 3) and ggnore are 5-3 and are playing for a playoff spot. Wowzi!
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
CobaltBlu
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States919 Posts
January 24 2012 00:03 GMT
#618
There is a really good chance that we will have to have some sort of tie-breaker to decide the final playoff position too.
EchOne
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2906 Posts
January 24 2012 04:28 GMT
#619
Hey I'd like to participate in this. Specifically I'd like to join my friend GaoXi's team, Team 7. I'm a D Protoss. You can see my account here: http://www.iccup.com/starcraft/gamingprofile/prOpheCy_.html

If spots are filled put me on for next season.
面白くない世の中, 面白くすればいいさ
LittLeLives
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States692 Posts
January 24 2012 07:41 GMT
#620
On January 24 2012 06:16 Rlentless wrote:
Sorry to D ranks teamleague, I'm leaving the league because exams/busy life.

>: But we just got to know you. You should stick around anyway.

On January 24 2012 13:28 EchOne wrote:
Hey I'd like to participate in this. Specifically I'd like to join my friend GaoXi's team, Team 7. I'm a D Protoss. You can see my account here: http://www.iccup.com/starcraft/gamingprofile/prOpheCy_.html

If spots are filled put me on for next season.

Pffft as if Team 7 needs more players. Come over to the dark side.
If it makes you feel better, 日本語ちょっと話せる。
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 38 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech125
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5536
Bisu 3045
Soulkey 1209
Jaedong 1023
Horang2 616
EffOrt 571
Mini 403
actioN 362
Larva 326
ZerO 247
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 236
Mind 95
Pusan 85
Sea.KH 78
Shinee 76
Sharp 76
hero 72
Dewaltoss 67
Snow 62
Hyun 56
sorry 52
Barracks 44
Bale 44
ToSsGirL 35
Sacsri 22
scan(afreeca) 18
Trap 18
NaDa 15
Rock 14
Terrorterran 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
zelot 8
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4835
qojqva2970
Dendi1081
Counter-Strike
Fnx 572
fl0m0
Other Games
olofmeister1222
hiko938
B2W.Neo753
Lowko349
crisheroes270
DeMusliM265
Pyrionflax216
XBOCT198
Hui .192
Livibee165
Liquid`VortiX152
QueenE86
Mew2King46
Liquid`RaSZi35
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1083
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV649
League of Legends
• Nemesis2507
• Jankos1995
Other Games
• Shiphtur151
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 40m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.