• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:26
CEST 00:26
KST 07:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8234 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 37

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 488 Next
ii.blitzkrieg
Profile Joined November 2006
Canada1122 Posts
September 20 2011 02:02 GMT
#721
On September 20 2011 09:43 Release wrote:
Which player achieved the highest recorded average APM in a recorded game? What game was it? How much apm?
I know there was one where July had a peak 818, only average 410 though. I heard and seen that Bisu and Hero are pretty fast, but have no specific info about them.


Well I haven't paid much attention to the apm counter in a couple years but the highest I remember was like 550? by casy I think. I vaguely remember another terran getting 500+ in a pro game. I think effort is another player who is very fast. (maybe not 500+ apm fast though)

For peak apm I remember a game of July again that was like 910 or so around the same time of the 818 one iirc.
iloveoov / Flash / Fantasy / Midas / Boxer -BW forever
iloveav
Profile Joined November 2008
Poland1484 Posts
September 20 2011 09:15 GMT
#722
On September 20 2011 11:02 ii.blitzkrieg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2011 09:43 Release wrote:
Which player achieved the highest recorded average APM in a recorded game? What game was it? How much apm?
I know there was one where July had a peak 818, only average 410 though. I heard and seen that Bisu and Hero are pretty fast, but have no specific info about them.


Well I haven't paid much attention to the apm counter in a couple years but the highest I remember was like 550? by casy I think. I vaguely remember another terran getting 500+ in a pro game. I think effort is another player who is very fast. (maybe not 500+ apm fast though)

For peak apm I remember a game of July again that was like 910 or so around the same time of the 818 one iirc.


If i remmber right, NADA played a game at some show like battke.net atack or something like that and had average over 800, but i cannot confirm that.

I do know my maximum average was 589 in 1 game.
aka LRM)Cats_Paw.
samiamquinn
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia137 Posts
September 21 2011 14:14 GMT
#723
I'm sick of being cheesed in SC2.. Is low level broodwar really cheesy or do you get lots of macro games?
doubleupgradeobbies!
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia1354 Posts
September 21 2011 14:20 GMT
#724
On September 21 2011 23:14 samiamquinn wrote:
I'm sick of being cheesed in SC2.. Is low level broodwar really cheesy or do you get lots of macro games?


A bit of both really, you will get a good number of both types if you play on say, iccup.
MSL, 2003-2011, RIP. OSL, 2000-2012, RIP. Proleague, 2003-2012, RIP. And then there was none... Even good things must come to an end.
kollin
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom8380 Posts
September 21 2011 18:05 GMT
#725
Where is a good place to find a coach for BW on TL?
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
September 22 2011 03:44 GMT
#726
On September 21 2011 23:14 samiamquinn wrote:
I'm sick of being cheesed in SC2.. Is low level broodwar really cheesy or do you get lots of macro games?

During stat resets, iccup gets really cheesy because people want to quickly get from D to their former rank.
☺
kidcrash
Profile Joined September 2009
United States624 Posts
September 22 2011 08:25 GMT
#727
Lately I've been doing some off racing as Z in ZvT and I have a question about spire placement during 3 hatch muta.

I'm not sure if my timings are off but usually when my lair finishes, my 3rd hatch has also just finished and the creep is starting to spread. My options are put the spire down closer to my main and risk a scan seeing it or waiting about 5 or so seconds for the creep to spread and putting the spire down out of potential view.

Is delaying the spire to place it out of view worth it to hide tech/force a wasted scan or is my 3rd hatchery timing just late?
lyAsakura
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1414 Posts
September 23 2011 05:44 GMT
#728
On September 22 2011 17:25 kidcrash wrote:
Lately I've been doing some off racing as Z in ZvT and I have a question about spire placement during 3 hatch muta.

I'm not sure if my timings are off but usually when my lair finishes, my 3rd hatch has also just finished and the creep is starting to spread. My options are put the spire down closer to my main and risk a scan seeing it or waiting about 5 or so seconds for the creep to spread and putting the spire down out of potential view.

Is delaying the spire to place it out of view worth it to hide tech/force a wasted scan or is my 3rd hatchery timing just late?


Your third hatch is supposed to finish when lair started.
WeMade FOX would be a deadly SC2 team.
kidcrash
Profile Joined September 2009
United States624 Posts
September 23 2011 06:25 GMT
#729
On September 23 2011 14:44 lyAsakura wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2011 17:25 kidcrash wrote:
Lately I've been doing some off racing as Z in ZvT and I have a question about spire placement during 3 hatch muta.

I'm not sure if my timings are off but usually when my lair finishes, my 3rd hatch has also just finished and the creep is starting to spread. My options are put the spire down closer to my main and risk a scan seeing it or waiting about 5 or so seconds for the creep to spread and putting the spire down out of potential view.

Is delaying the spire to place it out of view worth it to hide tech/force a wasted scan or is my 3rd hatchery timing just late?


Your third hatch is supposed to finish when lair started.


LoL I'm a terrible Z. Thanks.
craz3d
Profile Joined August 2005
Bulgaria856 Posts
September 23 2011 14:42 GMT
#730
On September 21 2011 23:14 samiamquinn wrote:
I'm sick of being cheesed in SC2.. Is low level broodwar really cheesy or do you get lots of macro games?


There's plenty of cheese, but it can be scouted and prevented. Of course as was alluded to in a post above mine, at the beginning of the season you will be playing with a lot of people who were C or B rank the previous season so even if they fail their cheese they can still get back in the game and kick your ass through better mechanics if you are a much lower level player. But this is what I play for: to get better and face better opponents.

All in all, I've been playing mostly macro games that usually last anywhere form 10-20 minutes.
Hello World!
TheGlassface
Profile Joined November 2010
United States612 Posts
September 23 2011 16:27 GMT
#731
About cheese...
All strategies are viable. Your opponent is taking extreme risks to put you out of the game quickly, with a very large chance of failure. Scout it, defend it, then win.
Playing against cheese improves your play and so does executing it yourself.
I really wish it wasn't the red headed step child of starcraft because cheese is extremely exciting to watch, play against or play with.
The mystery of life is not a problem to solve, but a reality to experience. **Hang in there STX fans!! Kal Hwaiting!**
flowSthead
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1065 Posts
September 23 2011 18:23 GMT
#732
I've been using the search function for about half an hour with all different kinds of ways to write winner (champion, finals, etc.) and msl/osl to find this thread. The thread had a list of BroodWar championships, who won how many gold, silver, and bronze medals, for the MSL, OSL, and maybe others as well. I can't remember what it was called or anything like that.

It's not this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=169019
I think I remember it having a graphic of gold, silver, and bronze for the medals, but I could be mis-remembering. In any case, I would love some help in finding this thread.

Thank You!
"You can be creative but I will crush it under the iron fist of my conservative play." - Liquid`Tyler █ MVP ■ MC ■ Boxer ■ Grubby █
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
September 23 2011 18:56 GMT
#733
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/MSL
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/OSL
flowSthead
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1065 Posts
September 24 2011 00:51 GMT
#734
On September 24 2011 03:56 Kyuukyuu wrote:
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/MSL
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/OSL


Thank you. For some reason I thought there was a thread with some analysis as well, but maybe I was just looking at Liquipedia. It didn't even occur to me to check there since I thought it was on TL proper.
"You can be creative but I will crush it under the iron fist of my conservative play." - Liquid`Tyler █ MVP ■ MC ■ Boxer ■ Grubby █
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
September 24 2011 04:06 GMT
#735
What is the correct transition out of a 10hatch zergling "all-in" if your opponent does 9pool lair, but sunkens up?
☺
jjhchsc2
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)2393 Posts
September 24 2011 06:01 GMT
#736
On September 24 2011 13:06 Release wrote:
What is the correct transition out of a 10hatch zergling "all-in" if your opponent does 9pool lair, but sunkens up?

how many sunkens? if only one then you can just bust his ass since you have 2x production of lings.
if more than 1-2 then just drone up a bit and get spores/lair your self. and if he goes greedy and doesnt produce many lings you can still bust his drones and carry your eco advantage to victory.
Lee Ssang/ Lee Shin/ Kim Jung Woo/ Kim Min Chul/Jun Tae Yang/Park Soo Ho/Lee Jung Hoon/Choi Sung Hoon/ Moon Sung Won/Park Ji Soo/ Lee Ho Joon/ Jang Min Chul/ Kim Seung Chul/SaSe/IdrA/Ret Fighting! BW4Life
Retgery
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1229 Posts
September 24 2011 14:55 GMT
#737
Is there a thread on TL where I can find and download UMS maps for BW, I'm looking for a Mine Defusing trainer.
Fall down 7 times, stand up 8.
djbhINDI
Profile Joined June 2011
United States372 Posts
September 26 2011 02:19 GMT
#738
On September 21 2011 23:14 samiamquinn wrote:
I'm sick of being cheesed in SC2.. Is low level broodwar really cheesy or do you get lots of macro games?

It's not as cheesy as Bronze in SC2, but 90% of zergs at D- 4pool
You can't emphasize enough how much you need to be a paradigm shifter. - Savior
ZeroTool
Profile Joined December 2010
3 Posts
September 26 2011 04:31 GMT
#739
Hi people. Please help me find a vod of an old match or just give some hints on players/map/tourney, I don't remember anything and so don't know what to search for.

The only things I remember: it's a TvZ match (most probably well-known), T spawns at top, Z bottom right, Z starts a spire and then easily scoutable hydra den, SCV sees a hydra den and goes home, Z cancels hydra den and rapes T with mutas. Couldn't find it myself.
gn0m
Profile Joined January 2008
Sweden302 Posts
September 26 2011 09:57 GMT
#740
When I click a gateway when macroing, I must release the mouse button before clicking Z/D etc. If I’m still pressing the mouse button, the other key input is neglected. Is it like this for everyone and if not, how can I fix it?
-_-
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 488 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 255
Nina 129
ViBE49
Nathanias 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12541
Artosis 407
NaDa 28
Bale 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever217
febbydoto33
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox388
Mew2King71
Other Games
summit1g5690
Grubby3185
Liquid`RaSZi1796
shahzam675
WinterStarcraft451
C9.Mang0301
JimRising 137
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 92
• musti20045 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie826
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 34m
INu's Battles
12h 34m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
14h 34m
OSC
23h 49m
Replay Cast
1d
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.