• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:39
CEST 19:39
KST 02:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8040 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 36

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 488 Next
therockmanxx
Profile Joined July 2010
Peru1174 Posts
September 15 2011 13:55 GMT
#701
Where can I look for BW units DPS?
Tekken ProGamer
keiraknightlee
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States301 Posts
September 15 2011 14:00 GMT
#702
hey I have a few questions about mind control...

1. If I mind control an scv or a drone, does my supply cap still stay at 200?

2. If I mind control any unit like a Battlecruiser (that has yamato and maybe some attack upgrades) do I get the upgrades and tech as well? (so I don't have to make the terran tech structures?)

3. If I mind control any unit like a tank or ultralisk can I load them into my shuttle?

4. If I mind control an scv or a drone and if I make a command center or hatchery, can I make my probes mine the minerals and return it to the cc/hatch?

5. If I make a refinery or an extractor (after mind control) can I make my probes get gas from them? (and return it to the cc/hatch?)

ThX...
~~~Happiness. Dreams. Love~~~Good Luck
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
September 15 2011 14:28 GMT
#703
1. You get 200 protoss supply and 200 terran/zerg supply (after building the necessary pylons and depots/overloards)
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Not sure, but I think so.
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
Bwenjarin Raffrack
Profile Joined November 2008
United States322 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-15 20:03:19
September 15 2011 17:01 GMT
#704
On September 15 2011 16:05 Release wrote:
Are there any scarab damage updrage timings?

A "timing" for that upgrade would only make sense in PvT. The damage upgrade allows scarabs to kill SCVs caught within the 50% damage splash radius, making any successful scarab shots in the mineral line much more lethal. However, shuttle speed is just more versatile as an early harassment amplifier, especially against pro-gamer reaction time which makes any reaver harass somewhat unreliable. Other than that, the scarab damage upgrade is generally only ever seen in late-game PvZ, which there's no timing for.

Of course, you could play around with it in your own games if you want.

On September 15 2011 23:00 keiraknightlee wrote:
hey I have a few questions about mind control...

1. If I mind control an scv or a drone, does my supply cap still stay at 200?

2. If I mind control any unit like a Battlecruiser (that has yamato and maybe some attack upgrades) do I get the upgrades and tech as well? (so I don't have to make the terran tech structures?)

3. If I mind control any unit like a tank or ultralisk can I load them into my shuttle?

4. If I mind control an scv or a drone and if I make a command center or hatchery, can I make my probes mine the minerals and return it to the cc/hatch?

5. If I make a refinery or an extractor (after mind control) can I make my probes get gas from them? (and return it to the cc/hatch?)

ThX...

I want to clarify a few of the answers given in the previous post.

2. Mind control would transfer qualitative upgrades such as yamato cannon, energy upgrades, speed upgrades, range, and so on, but not numerical upgrades to attack and armor. See (Wiki)Upgrades. Those qualitative upgrades that transfer will apply to all of your units as if you had researched them yourself. If you mind controlled a fully upgraded battlecruiser, it would lose its attack and armor upgrades, but still have yamato cannon researched. Of course, you would still need all the tech buildings required if you wanted to construct a certain unit, as mind control doesn't unlock tech tree requirements.

5. Yes, and somewhat interestingly, the gas that is returned from another race's building will retain that race's gas graphic. For examples, probes gathering gas from a Zerg extractor will be shown carrying the little Zerg gas globules, and drones returning gas from an assimilator will be carrying the Protoss gas crates.

On September 15 2011 22:55 therockmanxx wrote:
Where can I look for BW units DPS?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?currentpage=All&topic_id=28699
I'm not as thunk as dreople pink I am.
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
September 15 2011 23:57 GMT
#705
if a morphing sunken drops below 100hp, does it die once it morphs? Moletrap and Dejavu claim that it does, but Firebathero damaged a sunken to 80hp and he still had to use a marine to shoot it down once it morphed.
☺
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
September 16 2011 02:11 GMT
#706
On September 16 2011 08:57 Release wrote:
if a morphing sunken drops below 100hp, does it die once it morphs? Moletrap and Dejavu claim that it does, but Firebathero damaged a sunken to 80hp and he still had to use a marine to shoot it down once it morphed.

No it doesn't die, it does go down to 1 HP though.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 23:41:53
September 16 2011 23:40 GMT
#707
can you point me to vod/replays of how to properly respond to 2hatch lurker?

right now when I see 2hatch i go 1 rax -> acad -> rax with fast comsat (because, if i manage a scv scout, 50% of the time they would change tech anyway); i have about 1 group of mnm when i drop my first scan. is it enough to move out and attempt to delay/contain? most of the time they try their hardest to move around and counter, sometimes they'll have hydras already out on the map, other times they're going for drop. OTH i don't find getting contained a better perspective if I stay in my base...
Jubinell
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
333 Posts
September 17 2011 00:35 GMT
#708
How to micro a protoss shuttle such that its cargo unloads automatically at periodic interval along the travelling path?
JMave
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Singapore1806 Posts
September 17 2011 00:54 GMT
#709
On September 17 2011 09:35 Jubinell wrote:
How to micro a protoss shuttle such that its cargo unloads automatically at periodic interval along the travelling path?

[image loading]

It is basically grouping your dropships or shuttles together and clicking unload at the centre point of all your shuttles. If you are playing on bnet however, there is a delay so it might not work very well.
火心 Jealous. I always loved that feeling when I was young. Embrace it.
Jubinell
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
333 Posts
September 17 2011 03:04 GMT
#710
On September 17 2011 09:54 JMave wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 09:35 Jubinell wrote:
How to micro a protoss shuttle such that its cargo unloads automatically at periodic interval along the travelling path?

[image loading]

It is basically grouping your dropships or shuttles together and clicking unload at the centre point of all your shuttles. If you are playing on bnet however, there is a delay so it might not work very well.



Huh?? I'm not following very well. What I asked had noting to do with the number of shuttles. I want it to unload automatically while travelling,
JMave
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Singapore1806 Posts
September 17 2011 03:31 GMT
#711
On September 17 2011 12:04 Jubinell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 09:54 JMave wrote:
On September 17 2011 09:35 Jubinell wrote:
How to micro a protoss shuttle such that its cargo unloads automatically at periodic interval along the travelling path?

[image loading]

It is basically grouping your dropships or shuttles together and clicking unload at the centre point of all your shuttles. If you are playing on bnet however, there is a delay so it might not work very well.



Huh?? I'm not following very well. What I asked had noting to do with the number of shuttles. I want it to unload automatically while travelling,


oh. in that case if you are just talking about one shuttle, you just have to click unload on the dropship itself while it is in motion.
火心 Jealous. I always loved that feeling when I was young. Embrace it.
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
September 17 2011 03:32 GMT
#712
What was the game where stork had a large advantage, but kept losing his observers, so he couldn't win?
☺
Dubzex
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6994 Posts
September 17 2011 07:57 GMT
#713
When was the term Ee Han Timing first used in a professional starcraft game?
"DONT UNDERESTIMATE MY CARRY OR YOU WILL BE CARRIED INTO THE ABYSS OF SUFFERING" - Tyler 'TC' Cook
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
September 17 2011 08:02 GMT
#714
On September 17 2011 16:57 Dubzex wrote:
When was the term Ee Han Timing first used in a professional starcraft game?


That phrase may have been used before, but this is the famous game

Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
cenomi
Profile Joined September 2011
1 Post
September 17 2011 15:57 GMT
#715
What was the name of the tactic who a famous Starcraft 1 Zerg player employed, which basically involved having shit high eco and then spamming hydralisks from 8 bases and rally them into the enemys base and obliterate him without even controlling the hydralisks?

Name of the player would be appreciated as well.
Vuk_91
Profile Joined September 2010
Serbia1690 Posts
September 17 2011 17:36 GMT
#716
On September 18 2011 00:57 cenomi wrote:
What was the name of the tactic who a famous Starcraft 1 Zerg player employed, which basically involved having shit high eco and then spamming hydralisks from 8 bases and rally them into the enemys base and obliterate him without even controlling the hydralisks?

Name of the player would be appreciated as well.

You mean "Sauron Zerg"?? That was JulyZerg vs Rock but as far as I remember he had craklings and ultras too.
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
September 17 2011 18:38 GMT
#717
On September 17 2011 12:32 Release wrote:
What was the game where stork had a large advantage, but kept losing his observers, so he couldn't win?


Are you referring to every single Stork PvZ in existence?

The game that pop up in my mind was Stork vs Yarnc in I believe the OSL tie-breakers a while back. But I'm pretty sure it has happened a lot of times, as Stork's observer usage in PvZ is quite crappy.
Meh
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
September 19 2011 20:21 GMT
#718
Does anyone know when the next BW event is going to be and what it is? OSL prelims? MSL actually starting? New proleague season? I want to know how long I'm going to be in withdrawl for
brood war for life, brood war forever
Vuk_91
Profile Joined September 2010
Serbia1690 Posts
September 19 2011 21:10 GMT
#719
On September 20 2011 05:21 Crunchums wrote:
Does anyone know when the next BW event is going to be and what it is? OSL prelims? MSL actually starting? New proleague season? I want to know how long I'm going to be in withdrawl for

Seems like no one knows the answer on that question right now. If they decide to at least finish this MSL,then it should be the next event.
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
September 20 2011 00:43 GMT
#720
Which player achieved the highest recorded average APM in a recorded game? What game was it? How much apm?
I know there was one where July had a peak 818, only average 410 though. I heard and seen that Bisu and Hero are pretty fast, but have no specific info about them.
☺
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 488 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM745
TKL 273
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 745
ByuN 292
TKL 273
mouzHeroMarine 237
UpATreeSC 72
BRAT_OK 38
MindelVK 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21256
Calm 3148
Shuttle 1082
Horang2 444
Dewaltoss 123
Rush 107
Zeus 61
Free 42
Hyun 32
sorry 31
[ Show more ]
Trap 25
Killer 23
ToSsGirL 20
Bale 19
scan(afreeca) 18
PianO 16
Rock 15
Aegong 14
Hm[arnc] 14
Sacsri 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
Dendi1417
League of Legends
KnowMe56
Counter-Strike
fl0m4928
pashabiceps699
Fnx 646
x6flipin289
edward13
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King86
Other Games
singsing1970
Liquid`RaSZi1487
Grubby1099
Beastyqt660
ceh9443
C9.Mang0305
crisheroes251
420jenkins195
B2W.Neo188
dupreeh171
IndyStarCraft 158
QueenE103
Trikslyr92
JuggernautJason13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH282
• EnkiAlexander 26
• Hinosc 17
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3310
• WagamamaTV571
League of Legends
• Nemesis3408
• TFBlade595
Other Games
• Shiphtur828
• imaqtpie465
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 22m
INu's Battles
17h 22m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 22m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.