• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:35
CEST 11:35
KST 18:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7842 users

Calling UC Starcraft Players! - Page 9

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 41 Next All
CDRdude
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States5625 Posts
January 23 2009 03:39 GMT
#161
You could do it in the style of the MBC-OGN derby; all-kill format, but a team can play the 2v2 card where after the team game, both teams have to send out new players. Overall though, I think the old proleague style is best, so that lesser players can get playtime.
Force staff is the best item in the game.
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
January 23 2009 04:27 GMT
#162
On January 23 2009 12:28 PH wrote:
I'm sure we could make the rule so that you can reuse 1v1 players for 2v2. Personally I'd rather have it. It'll make the matches much more fun and diverse, I think.

I see where you're coming from, but seeing as how the map pool isn't being refreshed for 2v2 (and I'd get sick of watching 2v2 on Python or one of the bigger maps over and over) I don't think that's realistic.
Super serious.
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
January 23 2009 05:42 GMT
#163
That's true...but I mean, I think there's more than enough 2v2 maps to choose from already. And if nothing else, I'm sure mapping communities over at like BWM, panschk, and warboards would be happy to put one together as a community effort if we asked.

Anyway...I just made a round of phone calls, and I have like a good 7-9 players who are very excited about this...so UCR is set for now. (:
Hello
blabber
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4448 Posts
January 23 2009 05:56 GMT
#164
I have nothing against having 2v2 in the future, but let's just get the basics down first before going into more complicated stuff (like 2v2)
blabberrrrr
CDRdude
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States5625 Posts
January 23 2009 05:58 GMT
#165
If you're worried about 2v2 maps, can I recommend Seongangil? I don't think a lack of exciting 2v2 maps will be an issue.
Force staff is the best item in the game.
CommanderFluffy
Profile Joined June 2008
Taiwan1059 Posts
January 23 2009 06:03 GMT
#166
On January 23 2009 14:56 blabber wrote:
I have nothing against having 2v2 in the future, but let's just get the basics down first before going into more complicated stuff (like 2v2)


yeah, let's get this thing running on 1s first
Pain is temporary, but glory is forever.
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
January 24 2009 21:27 GMT
#167
up
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
January 24 2009 22:21 GMT
#168
How soon can we expect stuff to go up Xeris?
Super serious.
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
January 26 2009 00:45 GMT
#169
Hmm...anything going on with this?
Hello
Socio
Profile Joined January 2009
United States17 Posts
January 26 2009 00:55 GMT
#170
Hello, Team Liquid. I was previously just a lurker, but this thread compelled me to make an account.

I'm at UCD, and I'm sorta interested, though I'm really terrible. I haven't even played online in a year (I play the comp for the helluva it).
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
January 26 2009 00:56 GMT
#171
Socio, welcome to TL.

You are going to want to drop a PM to the guy who is organizing the team for your school. The OP says it's SOB_Maj_Brian.
Hello
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
January 26 2009 01:05 GMT
#172
i got everyone's contact info so I'm going to hope to hold a meeting with all the organizers this week or next week so we can hammer out all the details then we can get rolling.
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
ndralcasid
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States524 Posts
January 26 2009 09:15 GMT
#173
I ain't good at all (definitely D- level), but I'm down to play and be apart of UCI's B-team and hopefully improve >_<
I aint crying over some daggone danishes
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
January 26 2009 22:39 GMT
#174
On January 26 2009 10:05 Xeris wrote:
i got everyone's contact info so I'm going to hope to hold a meeting with all the organizers this week or next week so we can hammer out all the details then we can get rolling.

This week should be pretty busy (seeing as how it's midterms week for most of us). Next week is probably better?
Super serious.
Creationism
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
China505 Posts
January 27 2009 01:42 GMT
#175
yeah, i would say next week will be excellent, or the weekend, how about a iccup channel for this? at least try to get people online at the same time? op UC or something like for step one, move on from there to start something, unless ofcrs, xeris is a awesome planner n the ladder is already setup with everything needed :D.
The hoi polloi is the plague upon the world.
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-27 02:17:18
January 27 2009 02:16 GMT
#176
I'd like to do as much organizing and admin stuff or whatever outside of b.net or iccup as is possible. I don't spend too much time in there. If we could organize through AIM or email, that would be better, I think.

My computer is usually left on with AIM open (I can get MSN too if most use that), but having to rely on having everyone online in iccup is a bit troublesome, don't you think?

EDIT
Also, none of the people I've got on my team so far have ever used iccup either... -____-;;
Hello
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
January 27 2009 02:23 GMT
#177
On January 27 2009 11:16 PH wrote:
I'd like to do as much organizing and admin stuff or whatever outside of b.net or iccup as is possible. I don't spend too much time in there. If we could organize through AIM or email, that would be better, I think.

My computer is usually left on with AIM open (I can get MSN too if most use that), but having to rely on having everyone online in iccup is a bit troublesome, don't you think?

EDIT
Also, none of the people I've got on my team so far have ever used iccup either... -____-;;

Wow.

Yeah I agree. Once we get on Battle.net or iCCup we're liable to get distracted. E-mail and AIM are more productive.

By the way Xeris, you haven't asked for my contact info. Are you freezing out UCLA? Just kidding.
Super serious.
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
January 27 2009 02:29 GMT
#178
oh commanderfluffy said you weren't doing it, but i'll pm you.

might be a little delay - I'm out of commission for a few days, really sick
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
CommanderFluffy
Profile Joined June 2008
Taiwan1059 Posts
January 27 2009 02:29 GMT
#179
email and AIM please, Creationism, your suggestions are worthless. I hate you. Die.







fag.
Pain is temporary, but glory is forever.
CommanderFluffy
Profile Joined June 2008
Taiwan1059 Posts
January 27 2009 02:34 GMT
#180
On January 27 2009 11:29 Xeris wrote:
oh commanderfluffy said you weren't doing it, but i'll pm you.

might be a little delay - I'm out of commission for a few days, really sick



Misunderstanding, i said Centric's a bad person. But he's still on board.

Sorry bout that.
Pain is temporary, but glory is forever.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 41 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 186
EnDerr 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16470
Hyuk 648
Rush 203
Bisu 197
actioN 191
Soma 184
Stork 172
EffOrt 84
Mong 77
Shinee 71
[ Show more ]
NotJumperer 57
ToSsGirL 56
Shine 53
Killer 46
Bale 42
Hm[arnc] 32
Noble 30
Sharp 29
Pusan 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 24
Barracks 14
yabsab 14
sorry 12
Sacsri 11
HiyA 10
Dota 2
Gorgc2625
League of Legends
JimRising 402
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1266
shoxiejesuss746
edward7
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King152
Other Games
gofns29684
summit1g7447
singsing1270
ceh9523
crisheroes153
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick690
BasetradeTV144
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 23
• StrangeGG 23
• killerbeecast3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV185
• lizZardDota2148
League of Legends
• Stunt390
Other Games
• Shiphtur1140
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
26m
INu's Battles
1h 26m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
3h 26m
OSC
12h 41m
Replay Cast
13h 26m
OSC
1d 13h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.