• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:52
CEST 23:52
KST 06:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8387 users

Protoss imbalance has gone TOO FAR. - Page 12

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 26 Next All
GeneralStan
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States4789 Posts
August 23 2008 00:42 GMT
#221
This thread is fucking terrible. I honestly can't believe you fools thought that a stupid idiotic dumbass thread like this was a good idea. What it really makes me want to do is beatdown you down or throw rocks! at your head
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pooper-scooper
Profile Joined May 2003
United States3108 Posts
August 23 2008 00:52 GMT
#222
Well, I guess I far underestimated the idiocy. Thus far my count is 6, and I bet on only 8 more... come on kids, if you read even 10 posts pasts the 6th page you'll figure it out.
Good...Bad... Im the guy with the gun
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-23 01:19:00
August 23 2008 01:04 GMT
#223
It makes me kind of scared how many people think this thread is for real, didn't see the joke, and are now going to think we're retards.

But I guess if they think we're retards, they themselves are retards, and everything works out?
Moderator
Ido
Profile Joined November 2005
Germany661 Posts
August 23 2008 01:09 GMT
#224
On August 23 2008 03:59 Gaetele wrote:

Guys that you pull off the street could probably sit down to a computer and play Protoss in SC. Boxer, who is great at Terran, started Protoss because it was the easiest. This won't reach a conclusion if it were up to Blizzard's developers. I'm not hired as a game designer, but I think that if it were completely up to me, I would just remove High Templars and Corsairs from the game.


Sorry i havent read the whole thread but this is an incredibly stupid thing to say.
Have you been around - say - 2 years before? PvZ back then was considered imbalanced in favor of Z. There were countless threads here at tl.net, Protoss players complaining that no Protoss will ever have the chance to win a big tournament in Korea because of this imbalance.
Several suggestions were made - increasing dark archons energy, increasing (!) the power of psi storm so that a storm is just enough to kill lurkers.
And now you want to remove High Templars and Corsairs from the game, sorry this is just so stupid, rofl ^^. Have you ever played Protoss by yourself?
Without PSI, P is basically dead.
EvoChamber
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France2505 Posts
August 23 2008 01:11 GMT
#225
On August 23 2008 09:42 GeneralStan wrote:
This thread is fucking terrible. I honestly can't believe you fools thought that a stupid idiotic dumbass thread like this was a good idea. What it really makes me want to do is beatdown you down or throw rocks! at your head


I see what you did there.
That's not awful writing, DAMMIT. It's perfectly sensical english construction.
Play
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia608 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-23 02:22:13
August 23 2008 01:13 GMT
#226
fuck ><
jmascis
Insane Lane
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States397 Posts
August 23 2008 01:20 GMT
#227
I didn't even post in this thread and I got owned by it
Psilver
Profile Joined June 2008
Canada82 Posts
August 23 2008 01:29 GMT
#228
This thread is really awesome! I got owned at first but now I'm laughing
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44352 Posts
August 23 2008 01:35 GMT
#229
I was reading through this going wtf why wasn't this shit closed. Glad I read it all the way or I'd have embarassed myself when I posted a rebuttal saying Protoss actually does take some skill.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
PoP-sicle
Profile Joined May 2007
Canada418 Posts
August 23 2008 01:38 GMT
#230
On August 23 2008 10:11 EvoChamber wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 09:42 GeneralStan wrote:
This thread is fucking terrible. I honestly can't believe you fools thought that a stupid idiotic dumbass thread like this was a good idea. What it really makes me want to do is beatdown you down or throw rocks! at your head


I see what you did there.


ahahah awesome dude
hasuprotoss
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States4681 Posts
August 23 2008 02:31 GMT
#231
On August 23 2008 10:35 Kwark wrote:
I was reading through this going wtf why wasn't this shit closed. Glad I read it all the way or I'd have embarassed myself when I posted a rebuttal saying Protoss actually does take some skill.


Yeah... like me. .
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?viewdays=0&show_part=5 <--- Articles Section on TL
daz
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada643 Posts
August 23 2008 02:43 GMT
#232
On August 23 2008 02:39 Gaetele wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 02:31 Phoned wrote:
how are you C if you lose to D- protoss? Only play TvZ and ZvZ? I wouldn't say you are a full-fledged C if that's the case.

Now I don't think you're in a position to talk. What's your rank on iCCup?
I'd venture to guess no higher than D level. How would I get to C without facing P?
Like everyone on iCCup is P. You can't rise in the ranks without facing one. Don't jump
to conclusions like that. It doesn't have to do with my own skill - it just happens to
take no skill to properly play Protoss. I mean, not even an huge Ultraling army can take
a similarly sized Protoss army head on. We also have to manage larva, and it takes Protoss a
minute to completely remacro their army from their 50 Gateways (hi fOrU!)

Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 02:31 raiame wrote:
If he uses his tech you should use your tech.
Use mobility to your advantage. Harass him.

Just nerf Protoss and all their overpowered tech because all their players have to do is
sit at the keyboard and roll their face over the hotkeys to win. This just isn't
right. I've even seen a game where a Protoss managed to outexpand a Zerg!
There isn't even a logical explanation for that. What mobility?


if you think playing protoss is so easy i invite you to pvt or pvz me. im a protoss player myself and i bet you my z or my t will easily rape your protoss
Some eat to remember, some smash to forget. 2009msl.com
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
August 23 2008 02:50 GMT
#233
LOOOOOOL people still angry about the OP. TAKE TIME TO READ THE THREAD.
Moderator<:3-/-<
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
August 23 2008 02:58 GMT
#234
This thread is just out of hand...
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Gustav_Wind
Profile Joined July 2008
United States646 Posts
August 23 2008 03:15 GMT
#235
On August 23 2008 09:42 GeneralStan wrote:
This thread is fucking terrible. I honestly can't believe you fools thought that a stupid idiotic dumbass thread like this was a good idea. What it really makes me want to do is beatdown you down or throw rocks! at your head


This thread is the best thing I've read on a forum in a long, long time.
Seraphim
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States4467 Posts
August 23 2008 03:41 GMT
#236
ROFL
Hermes | Bisu[Shield] Fighting~!
Seraphim
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States4467 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-23 03:45:38
August 23 2008 03:44 GMT
#237
Wow, this is almost as epic as the facebook thread
Hermes | Bisu[Shield] Fighting~!
Hyperionnn
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Turkey4968 Posts
August 23 2008 03:59 GMT
#238
On August 23 2008 04:54 Gaetele wrote:
I think we should stop talking about BoxeR. He's a has-been, it's over for him. It's about time we whistled his swan song. Just another victim to the Protoss imbalance that faces Terran. If it were not for that race, perhaps we'd have more dominant Zergs besides July. Too long have we been tormented; a plague of down-syndrome newbies who pick the best looking race. With their stupid crystal Pylons, cab yellow Nexuses and Stargateways or whatever.

And when the day of Starcraft 2 comes, it doesn't look like there will be any change. Stalkers will blink when Zealots charge, and the Zerg army's mobility will be crushed even further. Now comes the time - it will be stagnant, and there will be naught but mirrors online, the Protoss wave crushing those who came new to the game. People will try the other races, sure, and they will fail. This horrid epoch draws near, if it hasn't arrived already.

The Protoss armies, with their new shiny contraptions, will clash. Terran drivers will hang up their license and resort to a life of drinking heavily. The Zerg's sharp claws, corrosive acid and chitinous plate will become old and unused, unable to cut through Protoss armor.

Said time is upon us already and we are powerless to stop it. The game will become boring. No more fresh faces or strategies on the board. It will be 1a2a3a forever. The horrendous villains of SC, the Zerg, and the survivors amongst all odds will find themselves at the wayside.

It will never be the same game. The Jaedong and Flash will be gone, replaced by the Stork and Jangbi. Had Blizzard only listened to the roar of the crowd! But it is too late, all other players said "Nope. No dice." and left the game forever, never to look back. A few lone players try playing the other races, all in a separate channel on B.Net quarantined for them. They're soon dealt with.

The game sells its copies, for sure, but all the players return to Starcraft 1, imba as it is. Tired of the mirror, Terran and Zerg will play SC1 freely, away from the tyranny of the Protoss who moved to SC2.


When you read this fucking post and don't realized that it was a joke, go kill yourself. ROFL
Purind
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Canada3562 Posts
August 23 2008 04:10 GMT
#239
On second thought, I kinda hate this thread. I won't ever browse forums the same way I used to. Every single post on this thread, I read downward instead of left to right

On August 23 2008 12:15 Gustav_Wind wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 09:42 GeneralStan wrote:
This thread is fucking terrible. I honestly can't believe you fools thought that a stupid idiotic dumbass thread like this was a good idea. What it really makes me want to do is beatdown you down or throw rocks! at your head


This thread is the best thing I've read on a forum in a long, long time.


Someone might have gotten owned
Trucy Wright is hot
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
August 23 2008 04:23 GMT
#240
this thread is garbage.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O109
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 149
PiGStarcraft4
ViBE3
Nina 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14714
Dewaltoss 147
ZZZero.O 109
firebathero 99
Hyuk 87
Terrorterran 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm67
febbydoto57
League of Legends
Doublelift3854
Counter-Strike
Fnx 775
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6032
Other Games
summit1g6871
FrodaN2333
fl0m620
mouzStarbuck414
KnowMe258
ToD202
ArmadaUGS140
JimRising 108
Mew2King52
Railgan35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1139
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 47
• musti20045 35
• Adnapsc2 16
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie826
• Shiphtur214
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 8m
INu's Battles
14h 8m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 8m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 8m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 8m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.