• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:10
CEST 20:10
KST 03:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War285.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9050 users

Saying Goodbye to ASL English - Page 33

Forum Index > BW General
744 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 38 Next All
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10395 Posts
March 18 2021 21:07 GMT
#641
On March 19 2021 05:30 Szinkler wrote:
So it seems there is no chance for Artosis+Tasteless casting? Anyone knows the result of the negotiation with afreeca? I think if it's decided we'd deserve a response. (there may have been one on stream, i don't know)

Artosis said they had been trying to negotiate with them for months...
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Szinkler
Profile Joined July 2018
Hungary394 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-03-18 23:27:23
March 18 2021 23:26 GMT
#642
On March 19 2021 06:07 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2021 05:30 Szinkler wrote:
So it seems there is no chance for Artosis+Tasteless casting? Anyone knows the result of the negotiation with afreeca? I think if it's decided we'd deserve a response. (there may have been one on stream, i don't know)

Artosis said they had been trying to negotiate with them for months...

I heard that Tasteless said (on stream) they had a meeting during the weekend. So I think they restarted negotiation after the news and community response?. I'm not sure. Would be nice to hear from a trusted source.
But I'm not too optimistic anymore.
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10395 Posts
March 18 2021 23:43 GMT
#643
On March 19 2021 08:26 Szinkler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2021 06:07 Jealous wrote:
On March 19 2021 05:30 Szinkler wrote:
So it seems there is no chance for Artosis+Tasteless casting? Anyone knows the result of the negotiation with afreeca? I think if it's decided we'd deserve a response. (there may have been one on stream, i don't know)

Artosis said they had been trying to negotiate with them for months...

I heard that Tasteless said (on stream) they had a meeting during the weekend. So I think they restarted negotiation after the news and community response?. I'm not sure. Would be nice to hear from a trusted source.
But I'm not too optimistic anymore.

I see! Thanks for the update
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
MrMischelito
Profile Joined February 2014
347 Posts
March 19 2021 22:43 GMT
#644
Sorry to hear that official English cast is terminated. I used to tune in to almost all ASL games. Will korean cast continue to be uploaded on YouTube?

... but this thread... the kind of things people get worked up with... get a life!
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10395 Posts
March 19 2021 23:47 GMT
#645
On March 20 2021 07:43 MrMischelito wrote:
Sorry to hear that official English cast is terminated. I used to tune in to almost all ASL games. Will korean cast continue to be uploaded on YouTube?

... but this thread... the kind of things people get worked up with... get a life!

https://tl.net/forum/brood-war/570663-scan-and-nyoken-to-community-cast-asl
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
StalkyBear
Profile Joined October 2019
55 Posts
March 20 2021 00:46 GMT
#646
ASL could not afford Tasteless. Literally.
TakeTV redeemed 😏
Zekkezgz
Profile Joined March 2021
12 Posts
March 20 2021 04:00 GMT
#647
Wow! just wow! The rage my commment triggered!
I consider Nyoken and Scan very good casters, and I will enjoy their English cast and am thankful for their effort. But in my opinion they aren't the best. I cant get the cast from the two I consider to be the best; so that makes them sub-optimum for me. It doesn't make them bad. Or horrible. Not terrible. Just a step below optimum. How is that insulting to anyone? Why did random people I don't know insult me for saying this?

For saying this I have been called a fucking moron by some dude whith so many thousand posts I guess he believes his word to be the bible...

You may not like their style. or their face. But it is a fact they are the best in the manner that they are the best paid, they've casted the most important tournaments, during more time, they have the largest fan/follower base, they are the most influential, and they have done the most for the game since they are around...

Anyway... take this bait or don't. Feel free to rage and isult again. You have one week to add to this discussion until ASL begins...
MrMischelito
Profile Joined February 2014
347 Posts
March 20 2021 06:39 GMT
#648
On March 20 2021 08:47 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2021 07:43 MrMischelito wrote:
Sorry to hear that official English cast is terminated. I used to tune in to almost all ASL games. Will korean cast continue to be uploaded on YouTube?

... but this thread... the kind of things people get worked up with... get a life!

https://tl.net/forum/brood-war/570663-scan-and-nyoken-to-community-cast-asl

So there is an official English cast?! Now I really don't understand what people complain about! It's not like rapid and wolf are casting..

Good news, overall!
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10395 Posts
March 20 2021 07:05 GMT
#649
On March 20 2021 15:39 MrMischelito wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2021 08:47 Jealous wrote:
On March 20 2021 07:43 MrMischelito wrote:
Sorry to hear that official English cast is terminated. I used to tune in to almost all ASL games. Will korean cast continue to be uploaded on YouTube?

... but this thread... the kind of things people get worked up with... get a life!

https://tl.net/forum/brood-war/570663-scan-and-nyoken-to-community-cast-asl

So there is an official English cast?! Now I really don't understand what people complain about! It's not like rapid and wolf are casting..

Good news, overall!

It's not "official" but it is a great alternative from two high level players, one of which qualified for this ASL, and I think is the de facto go-to.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
bracala
Profile Joined August 2019
95 Posts
March 20 2021 10:06 GMT
#650
Tasteless said in live stream it will be announcement soon about ASL cast. I suppose they will cast it,lets just see in what format and where!
Sva3
Profile Joined December 2020
19 Posts
March 22 2021 04:32 GMT
#651
If anyone wants to support their ASL english patreon

https://www.patreon.com/ASLenglish
Dknight
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States5225 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-03-22 04:39:03
March 22 2021 04:37 GMT
#652
Fuck Tastosis, particularly Dan. I'd rather support Nyoken and Scan even if it meant paying them for an English stream. Did I mention how much Dan sucks? Dan sucks.
WGT<3. Former CL/NW head admin.
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10395 Posts
March 22 2021 04:39 GMT
#653
On March 22 2021 13:37 Dknight wrote:
Fuck Tastosis, particularly Dan. I'd rather support Nyoken and Scan even if it meant paying them for an English stream. Did I mention how much Dan sucks? Dan sucks.

What did he do to you 😂
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Sva3
Profile Joined December 2020
19 Posts
March 22 2021 04:42 GMT
#654
On March 22 2021 13:37 Dknight wrote:
Fuck Tastosis, particularly Dan. I'd rather support Nyoken and Scan even if it meant paying them for an English stream. Did I mention how much Dan sucks? Dan sucks.



Damn you seem like a swell guy
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10395 Posts
March 22 2021 05:00 GMT
#655
On March 22 2021 13:42 Sva3 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2021 13:37 Dknight wrote:
Fuck Tastosis, particularly Dan. I'd rather support Nyoken and Scan even if it meant paying them for an English stream. Did I mention how much Dan sucks? Dan sucks.



Damn you seem like a swell guy

We need the full story before we can judge. What if Artosis DT rushed him?
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
flashimba
Profile Joined May 2011
225 Posts
March 22 2021 05:53 GMT
#656
Artosis announced on his stream that they weren't able to purchase rights to the cast, so they will not be able to stream live.

- Tastosis will be uploading VODs to the official AfreecaTV Youtube channel.
- VODs will be released at the same time for everyone, supporters or not.
- A Patreon has been created for those who want to support them.

https://www.patreon.com/ASLenglish
Lazyer
Profile Joined August 2011
United States401 Posts
March 22 2021 05:59 GMT
#657
If you want to see what Artosis said himself, here's the twitch broadcast VOD.

Starts around 3h24m if the link doesn't jump to the correct time.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/958446233?t=03h24m34s
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51623 Posts
March 22 2021 07:03 GMT
#658
time for all those people who said they'd shell out to come and shell out the dough.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33707 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-03-22 07:29:32
March 22 2021 07:28 GMT
#659
AfreecaTV: There's no benefit for us in making English language content with our own money, so we'll stop doing it.

AfreecaTV: ...But if the foreign community REALLY wants it, they can pay for it themselves, we suppose?

Nothing about this is irrational, but it still feels pretty bad.
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Barneyk
Profile Joined November 2008
Sweden317 Posts
March 22 2021 08:44 GMT
#660
On March 22 2021 16:28 Waxangel wrote:
AfreecaTV: There's no benefit for us in making English language content with our own money, so we'll stop doing it.

AfreecaTV: ...But if the foreign community REALLY wants it, they can pay for it themselves, we suppose?

Nothing about this is irrational, but it still feels pretty bad.


It does feel irrational to me, people are willing to pay, so why aren't Afreeca the ones charging for it?

I guess it is to little for them to care about, but still!
nah
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 38 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 536
ProTech162
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22592
Calm 3916
Mini 334
Mind 86
910 84
Free 55
Trap 39
Aegong 28
soO 24
Noble 7
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7430
XaKoH 455
canceldota9
Counter-Strike
fl0m5189
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2838
Other Games
singsing2022
FrodaN871
Beastyqt619
B2W.Neo563
mouzStarbuck265
Livibee186
C9.Mang0160
Trikslyr125
RotterdaM123
Liquid`Hasu120
Khaldor116
KnowMe85
QueenE72
ZombieGrub28
BRAT_OK 26
MindelVK10
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 14
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 14
• FirePhoenix10
• Michael_bg 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2216
Other Games
• Shiphtur809
• imaqtpie628
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 50m
Big Brain Bouts
15h 50m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
22h 50m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
Patches Events
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.